Register

<< First2930313233Last >>
Author Topic:
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Christian roll call/sharing Part II
on: August 01, 2012 04:35
Hey everybody, look at this website I found! therebelution.com. Take a stand against low standards. (this website is aimed towards the teen generation)
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2012 10:47
sorry i had forgot to change it after i looked it up
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2012 08:35
Wow, that site is great Beren!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2012 09:07
Quote from Leoflic_Nightleaf on August 1, 2012, 20:47
don't you mean therevolution.com?
Eh, no I got it right. It joins two words: rebellion and revolution.

Yeah it is cool isn't it GP? unfortunately they might have a lot of supporters around the world but not many the website. I can't decide if I want to join or just do it by myself?

I think that the books would be a good investment. My sister has read both of them (I think) and she loved them. She especially loved the modesty survey for girls. There is a lot of resources there, a lot of good stuff. I'm glad that God gave them the conviction (or calling) to do this.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2012 07:43
Interesting...
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
JMBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2012 04:10
Wow, I haven't posted here for a while. Time to catch up

Thanks for clearing that up Dolwen. Now I don't want to start an argument; I'm only curious, but why then does Jesus change Simon's name to Peter? He doesn't call the other apostles or Simon's faith Peter, only Simon. And Peter definitely means rock, if you also go to Aramaic that is. http://www.catholic.com/tracts/peter-the-rock Jesus basically says "Simon, I call you rock and upon this rock I build my Church." English takes away the pun being made. Oh and of course Jesus comes before the Pope. By no means did I mean otherwise. That's like idolatry and I definitely don't want to go there. He's just "Christ's representative on earth." And we humans need all the help we can get. We need a guide. I mean think about the fact that we make so many different contradictory conclusions if we're left to interpret Scripture on our own. The Holy Spirit can't be inspiring everyone's interpretations (they often vary so much) - He'd be sending out mixed messages.

Sorry if I seem pushy, but one more link. I can't resist. http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/peter%E2%80%99s-authority

Alas, I digress. We're all brothers and sisters in Christ and that matters so much more than our differences. I love my Jesus. <3 <3

Beren that site is awesome! Sometimes our culture's so messed up, especially among young people. It's sites like those that give me hope. Jesus is alive and well! And our generation's got a lot of potential. We just need to turn to God.

On another note, this summer has been one of the most spiritually rich periods of my life. I've always been Catholic, baptized within two months of my birth, 11 years of Catholic school, going to Mass at least every Sunday, so on and so forth. But it's only been in the past 2 years (ironically 4 months into public school) when my faith's really come alive. And then this summer especially. I've spent my lots of my (virtually nonexistant in July) time either praying or reading Catholic blogs. It's been awesome. I don't wan't summer to end!

Heh, I'd planned on saying more (is such a thing possible lol ) but my mom wants me off the computer, so... I'll finish this post tomorrow.
Image"Our God is a Lord of angels and of men... and of elves." -J.R.R. Tolkien
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2012 06:31
Hmm, i looked at those links JMB. That's really cool. But all i knew was that Peter means 'rock'. I hadn't actually known that some people said it meant 'little rock'. And yeah, Peter did help build alot of the early church, though idk that it really applies now with a Pope and all. But than again, i didn't have enough time to read all of both articles right now, so i'll have to finish them 2morrow. Thanx for the post! Keep up the good work
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2012 10:12
Just to stick my oar in the waters...hehe, Jesus didn't neccesarily mean Peter when he said that. If you noticed, Peter wasn't the only one who helped build the early church. He wasn't even the centerpiece, so to speak. Paul was very active also. I guess it depends on your own translation and view tho.

What type of church do you go to JM?
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2012 02:12
Oh yeah, i 100% agree with u there LegolasXXXXX! In fact, Paul is my favorite person in the Bible (accept for God lol). Paul is my fave because God is calling me to be a missionary to Africa. (of course, come to think of it, Jesus was like a missionary as well )
Aradel Aravadhoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2012 02:50
Wow, I'm very impressed and pleased with this thread. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to find something like this on here (here being this site), but...I must say, it makes me very happy indeed. It's great to know that I there are fellow brothers and sisters of Christ here, many of whom are willing to discuss Jesus, and various biblical points in a controlled, mature way. Although I don't really have anything useful to add to the current discussion (seeing as how I am not really very familiar with this section of history (after the events chronicled in the Bible, that is)), I just wanted to take the chance/opportunity say that. Thank you. <3

Go with God (Bado go Eru)
Image ~Bado go Eru~
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2012 08:19
Hey everyone! Not too much activity recently.. I'll have to change that. So, on Friday I went to a huge gathering, for the Year of Faith, and it was really great. There was music, Eucharistic adoration, Mass, and a bunch of little service projects. It was incredible, the number of young people there praising the Lord. There were over 7,000 students. One of the more entertaining events was the "Rapping Monk." Yup, it was a monk who got up with his bass guitar and started rapping. *There ain't no party like a Catholic par-tay!* LOL
Overall, t'was awesome. I got to spend a whole day (about 8am - 4pm) just singing and praising God.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2012 08:24
I'm a Christian and I go to an independent-fundamental-baptist church. More recently (last two years?) God has been working in my heart to help grow me up in my faith. So my faith is my own, and not that I just believe it because that's what I've always been taught. Our church youth group usually goes to a week long Christian camp in the summer, so that is something that gives me the Spiritual boost I need to keep growing for God. My name (Elisabeth) actually means "consecrated to God". I would appreciate it if y'all would pray for me to grow strong in faith and to get on fire for God. I know ultimately this happens through really seeking Him and studying His Word myself, but prayer always helps. Please also pray for me that I can be the encouragement and help to my friends and family that I need to be. Thank you! I think I'll be on this forum in the future. Keep serving the Lord! Rom. 8:18
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2012 07:42
I'm an independent-fundamental-baptist, and I got saved when I was 6 or 7, but I didn't really dedicated
my life to God and His service, until I went to camp at Pensacola Christian College in July of this year. Please pray that I will keep on growing in Him, and that I will love Him more
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2012 05:44
Mareth, as a former student of Cedarville University, I must confess that many fundie jokes were made at the expense of our brothers and sisters at PCC and Jaw Bones.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2012 02:39
Well, my older sis goes there. I don't think I would like going there very much myself. But then I am only 13, so I still have a few years I did like the camp though

~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2012 03:48
Hi there!
A Lutheran checking in! I have friends among Catholics and Baptists, and even a couple of Russian Orthodox, so quite a merry bunch!
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2012 08:46
Hi Nifredil! Come on in! I'm not very familiar with Lutherans...what do you believe?
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2013 03:33
Jesus Christ is my Lord & Savior! What a blessing to proclaim His Gospel!!! ♥♥
True joy, is found at the Master’s feet.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2013 05:33
Quote from Lyna on January 14, 2013, 13:33

That's wonderful Lyna! God is so good to us for providing his wonderful salvation!
Lyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 12:16
Quote from Beren_Onehand on January 14, 2013, 15:33
Quote from Lyna on January 14, 2013, 13:33

That's wonderful Lyna! God is so good to us for providing his wonderful salvation!

Yes, indeed!!
True joy, is found at the Master’s feet.
Amaille_Valin_Idhren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 09:44
Would you mind if I join??
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2013 10:13
Yeah can I join too?
I am a Presbyterian. We believe that Jesus died to save us and that we sin every day and we are forgiven we also believe in the Trinity.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2013 10:04
Sure! Come on in! Dweller, we have some friends that are Presbyterians. Not very strongly I guess, but the parents were raised in that teaching.
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2013 07:28
Yay! Interestingly I have some friends that are Bapist. They are pretty devout.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2013 03:09
My church is one of the few close to where I live that is devout, with music standards that I and my family agree with. Sadly, most Baptist churches around here are more about entertainment then serving God.
Grizzwald
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2013 11:16
edit* I was going to say something but then decided not to.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2013 06:15
I am a follower of Jesus. I attend a Baptist church, but I would not label myself with any denomination, this is just the church God placed me in. I love to pray for people and tell them about Jesus. It just makes me so sad to think of people around me going to Hell for all eternity if they don't become believers.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2013 03:24
yay! fellow Christians!
i go to a Southern Baptist Church. i think that God is calling me to be an actress. then i can tell my fellow actors about God. it would be hard, i know. but i love love acting! but i have a while! lol. also, since the job pays well, i could go on some mission trips. and sponsor some children. we sponsor two at the moment. one shares my birthday! we r the same age of course. but i say this because the other shares my brothers birthday, but he is 15 and my brother is 9.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 05:28
I think God is calling me to be a writer. I have a way with words- I even made some people reading my work cry. Like, my English teacher. Im also musically inclined, and I've been playing the violin for six years, and the guirar for two. God gives us all gifts and talents, but it's up to us how we use them.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 02:18
Hey y'all. I don't know where God is calling me now, but I'm a student atm.
I attend an Evangelical Presbyterian Church while at school, but my home church is an independent church associated with IFCA (Independent Fundamentalist Churches of America).
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 11:35
Our church is considered non-denominational, mainly because we believe that, as Christians, we are called to be one church as God's bride. Wesleyan, Protestant, Methodist, Baptist, Lutheran, the list could go on for a while. Our church (called the Chapel at Crosspoint) did not want to choose a certain name because we feel that it makes us seem as if we can only associate with others of the same denomination, and that's not true. The only differences between denominations are doctrinal things, which are very minor. As long as we agree with the same overall principles, that's all that matters to us. Our goal here on Earth is to bring as many people to God as possible, and fussing over doctrinal differences just takes time away from what our calling is as Christians. So that's non-denominational for you
As for God's future plans for my life, I have no idea what I'm going to do yet :/ But my big dream is to go to Africa, specifically Sierra Leone, and help build water wells and children's homes with my church's outreach organization called "Let them LOL." That would be fantastic. I'm just waiting for God to tell me when, and I'm ready. One of our church's mottos when referring to God's direction in your life is that your "yes" should be on the table before God asks the question. Kind of a cool way of thinking about it, I guess. Anywho, its cool to find other believers on this site that are happy to chat about stuff. i now officially prefer this site to Facebook because the conversations are so much more interesting and there isn't drama Thanks, everyone, for making this site really welcoming and awesome
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2013 03:23
Wow, haven't been on this thread in a while... Well, I just thought I'd pop on and ask if my fellow Christian CoEers could pray for me and my family. My parents are in the process of finishing up their divorce, and it's been a crazy, stressful past few months. Me and my little brother drive across state from one parent's house to the other every two weeks, and it's been tiring. Just looking for some prayer on helping us get through this okay
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2013 06:40
Will definitely do Aerena! Can't imagine what you're dealing with right now. Hope all goes well for you
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2013 08:29
Oh, i forgot to put in my post the other thing God might be calling me to be. A writer. I love writing and i am writing a novel right now! It is going well, but i am not as close to finishing it as i thought i was. i had to change the font and it made me lose about 65-90 pages!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2013 09:20
Wow, haven't been on this thread in a while... Well, I just thought I'd pop on and ask if my fellow Christian CoEers could pray for me and my family. My parents are in the process of finishing up their divorce, and it's been a crazy, stressful past few months. Me and my little brother drive across state from one parent's house to the other every two weeks, and it's been tiring. Just looking for some prayer on helping us get through this okay

So sorry, Aerena! I'll pray.
<< First2930313233Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email