Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3637383940
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, RohanPrincess! And welcome to the thread.

Sam showed me his shingles today - they are doing much better! They are mostly dried out now. Needless to say, he's one happy camper! After he came in my room and showed me, he ran out and I heard him give a gleeful yell. So great to see him doing better!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The last I heard, William is up and walking around.

It is most unusual for a child to get shingles. I am so happy Sam is doing better.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry to have disappeared! I don't get email updates anymore for whatever reason!
Mareth, I am glad your brother is better! That is really a strange situation.
Lindarielwen, I am also glad to hear William is up! That's wonderful!
My friend is doing ok. He's off the meds that kept him in the coma but has yet to wake up. However, in every other area he seems to be doing as well as the doctors expect. He will have to be moved to another hospital where he can get better care soon, & that's going to be really hard on the family. As far as I know they're still holding up ok & have been blessedly overwhelmed with all the support. I'm really hoping this will bring the parents back together. They are definitely spending time together caring for their son & they worked together for about 45 minutes trying to get my friend into a wheelchair so he can be up.
Oh one more thing: he will have to have some sort of surgery that's something to do with putting in some sort of feeding device. I have no idea about it so I can't really answer any questions (I'm not a medical person so stuff like that totally freaks me out!).
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That's great, Lindarielwen! I'm so glad to hear it!

Blue, we'll keep praying for him.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Blue, if he can't eat, just food through the vein isn't enough. They'll be putting a tube through his skin, into his stomach to give him better nutrition until he wakes up. Hoping things work out for him.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all, I am very sorry to report that, after dealing with stomach cancer for two weeks or more, my dog, Lily, had to be put down. I will miss her dearly but I am glad that she is in no more pain.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Oh no! I am so sorry, Maxie! I just prayed for you!
My friend has had some kind of surgery to put some sort of eating device in. He's been in a lot of pain but before was doing pretty well. The other day they stood him up & he locked his legs & stood by himself for a few seconds! & he's tried to get out of his wheel chair a few times too. He seems to know who is there but hasn't spoken yet & they still consider him to be in a coma; I think he's not been opening his eyes much. Soon they will move him to another hospital several hours away so that will be really hard on the family to be split up like that. But overall I think he is doing as well as if not better than can be expected.
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Blue, and that is excellent news about your friend! I hope that he continues to recover and that he soon opens his eyes and talks. That must be so difficult on the family.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Hey everyone!
I just got a job at a jewelry store! Today was my first day, and overall I feel it went well. A couple prayer requests are that I will learn the ropes quickly and that I will be a good testimony to the people I'm around.
Thanks!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
BelleBayard
Send Message
Wonderful! Sending you positive vibes and wishing you all the best!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Happy thoughts are sent your way, Song! A jewelry store? You are working in a jewelry store? That's almost as good as working in a library

You will be a joy to those around you at the store.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you both!!

Yes, Lindarielwen, a jewelry store! They have so many sparkly things! I see different beautiful pieces and I think of you. Plus, they often play country music in the store. You would love it.

[Edited on 11/08/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Hi all! It's been a while, but I finally have some time to spare
I would like to ask for some prayers for the Trissel family. They lost their sixteen year old son to suicide on Tuesday. Thank you all in advance <3
Come to the dark side and join the
we have cookies! :hugs:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
That is so sad. I will send good thoughts to your friends.
BelleBayard
Send Message
So very sorry to here that, yesitsjess. My condolences to the family.
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you all. It was a huge shock to the community, no one saw it coming. He was a great kid and will be dearly missed.
Come to the dark side and join the
we have cookies! :hugs:
<< First3637383940
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email