Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3637383940
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I know how frightening it is to see a parent collapse right in front of you. i will send all my good thoughts to your mother and to you and your family.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Lindarielwen.

Another request! My friend was driving to school today. She had the green light, and as she started to cross the intersection, a car turned left on a red light going 70 miles per hour in a 45, and hit her head on. She lost consciousness, and woke up with people trying to get her car door opened. She had neck pain and couldn't breathe because of the impact. The police and fire department pulled the door off of the car and put a neck brace on her, then lifted her onto a stretcher and took her by ambulance to a local hospital. Her heart rate was almost near the danger zone. After X rays, it was found that no ribs were broken and her neck was not broken. She has a possible concussion and definite whiplash. She will stay overnight at the hospital and is very nervous. Please be in prayer for her.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Just received an update...my friend will be home tomorrow night.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Oh my! We will pray for her. Praise the Lord she is alright!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 01/08/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Now they believe she has a possible concussion. She will be home tomorrow night.

Song, I thank you and your (large) family for your prayers.

BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Well, it's good that she has no broken bones! I'll pray for her as well.
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Praying, Maxie.
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you both, dears.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That's odd...I thought I had posted...

That's so scary. I'm glad she's alright. Praying.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
I think I told you all about Cloey before...she's a little girl in our church who's been experiencing rejection of her lung. She's been in the hospital since before Christmas, and apparently the doctors can't do anything for her...she's dying at just 13 years old. They're planning on pulling her life support tomorrow.

I'd ask that you would all pray that God would somehow miraculously heal her, even now, and that if that isn't his will, that he would comfort her family and numerous friends through this exceedingly difficult time. I only spoke with Cloey twice, as we're fairly new at this church, but her cheerful, loving personality was so obvious even in the few times I saw her. I know she had a profound impact on the lives of those that knew her better, and many of my friends who were close to her are really grieving and upset right now at losing such a wonderful person.
Image"The Corrupteds are going to wake up and find that they are strong." -Cenor
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
:'( Words can't express how sorry I am, OneSize. My heart breaks for her family. I regret that I haven't been praying for them like I should have been. I will keep the family in my prayers!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
OneSize, I am so sorry. I know that words cannot express the emotions that dwell in the air, nor can they heal wounds. Fortunatly,prayers can help, God willing. God doesnotbring to us things that we cannpt handle without Him,and there is a purpose for each and every thing that he allows us to endure. One of my dear friends was onlife support for many years before she and herfamily decided to let go. I will be praying for her and her family.
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks so much. You guys are so sweet, and you have no idea how much I appreciate you and your prayers. :s
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, Gem, I am so sorry to hear this. I and my family will be bringing Cloey and all of you before the throne of our loving Father. He bears all of our hurts as His own, and understands our needs so much better than any human can. He is there to wrap all of us in His arms.

We are praying.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I am so sorry to hear about Cloey, Gem. I'll be praying.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
OneSizeFitsAll
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks so much guys. Cloey passed away last night. Thank the Lord that her family did not have to make the decision to pull her life support, as that would have been really difficult. Just keep praying for comfort for her family and friends. Thanks again for all your prayers.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
My heart is heavy for the family, Gem. I had such a burden for Cloey last night. I will definitely be remembering her family. That's a true blessing that they didn't have to make that decision!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I am so sorry, Gem. I will keep all of you in my prayers.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I too, had a great burden for Cloey and her family last night. I am so sorry to hear of her passing.
It is a very great blessing that her family did not have to make that decision.

Praying for comfort for her family and friends.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Gem, I am so sorry.

I request that you all pray for peace for me. I have been very stressed out lately, with my mom and school and everything. Just pray that I would find comfort and rest, and for my Mom's test results to come back all good. They have both other times, but this on top of everything else is just stressing me out.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, you will be in my prayers. *hugs*

In addition to prayer, the best thing you can do is keep your mind on God's Word.
Isaiah 26:3 says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

Here are some verses that bring comfort to me.

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

And Isaiah 41:10,13
(10)"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

(13) For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."

[Edited on 02/12/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you,Song. I will keep those verses in my heart.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Praying for you, Maxie.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you to you as well, dearest Mareth.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Please pray for a friend of ours...he got in a wreck this morning. It was his first night working the night shift, and he was nearing home when he wrecked. I do not know the full extent of the accident, but I believe he had some head injury and is cut up a lot. Praise the Lord that it was not worse.

His dad is in another state a few hours away, and to the best of my knowledge, he does not yet know about the wreck. His mom was trying to talk to his dad in order to tell him about what happened, but she was unable to reach him.

His mom is about to the city where he is right now. Please be in prayer for his family and many friends. It's been really hard for all of us.

[Edited on 02/19/2015 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Hi all, I am a new Christian member of CoE. Please keep me in your prayers, because my family is going through a lot of difficulty right now. Thanks, and Mareth, I will keep your friend in my prayers.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, I will be in prayer for him. You have my number if you want to keep me updated.

Hello, elfmaiden! Welcome to the CoE! I will keep you in my prayers.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the Council and this thread, elfmaiden!

Thanks so much, both of you. And I'll be praying for you, too, elfmaiden.

Update: They were finally able to talk to Bertron's (my friend) dad. He is headed to the hospital.

[Edited on 02/19/2015 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Hi there everyone. I, like elfmaiden, am a new Christian member of CoE. I just wanted you all to know that what you all are doing in this forum is a wonderful thing. I will keep you all in my prayers. ♥
Come to the dark side and join the
we have cookies! :hugs:
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, I haven't checked this thread for a while. Welcome to our new members!
Thank you for sharing those verses, Song! Is. 41 always brings great comfort to me, as well as recalling the hymn "How Firm A Foundation", which draws from this passage. I, like Elfmaiden, definitely have family issues going on right now.
I'm just going to go ahead and confess my prayer life is pitiful, but I just said a prayer for the new requests. So if ya'll feel led, you could pray that I will learn to focus on God and others rather than myself. I know a good start is just to remember everyone in prayer because that means I have to think about them!
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
I will pray for you and your family, Blue. I read a little booklet called Psalms for comfort, and the section I was reading was called "when life needs a spiritual boost." I thought I would share a section of psalm 27, which is what it gave, here:

13 I remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the thread and CoE, Jess! Good to have you here.

Those are some good verses, elfmaiden. Thanks for sharing.

Another update on Bertron: His dad arrived at their house this morning, when I, my siblings, and a couple friends were there doing chores for them. He picked up a few things for Bertron, then headed on to the hospital.

The doctors had been hoping to release Bertron tomorrow, but other things have come up. I'm not going to go into detail, but he had lost a lot of blood. His neck has also been swelling. He was released from ICU earlier, but will be staying at the hospital for a while longer.

My brother and a couple friends would like to go visit him tomorrow. We've had a lot of cold weather and icy roads (the cause of many accidents in our area over the past couple days), so they were unable to go earlier as they had originally planned. However, it is supposed to get significantly warmer tomorrow, so they hope to visit then.

Thank you all for your prayers, but please continue to pray for Bertron and his family and all others in connection with them.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, I was just got home and was about to post the update for you, but I see that your internet is up and running again. I know that so many of you all are not used to the icy weather and snowy roads. I will pray for your safety.

I pray also for Berton and his family. I hope that he will be comfortable and that he will go back to his house soon.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Maxie.

Update: Bertron actually was able to go home yesterday! He's still having trouble with his neck in that it's not able to support his head very well right now. But he seems to be doing as well as may be expected. Thanks so much for the prayers, everyone!

[Edited on 02/22/2015 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
<< First3637383940
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email