Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Post Christian roll call/sharing Part II
on: November 05, 2007 03:42
Since the original thread was about five years old and absolutley humongous, I have taken it upon myself to open a new one for our Christian members. Please feel free to post your stories of how you found Christ, prayer requests, and other sharing of your spiritual path. Remember... try to make the posts worthwhile and not just one word rejoinders. If you disagree with someone, do it politely and/or take it off forum. No bashing, no hurtful words toward others, regardless of their paths. Enjoy and peace to you all!

Belle
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Christian roll call/sharing Part II
on: November 05, 2007 06:55
It's a good idea that we have this second thread now. I guess I forgot dial-up existed since I haven't had it for years. :blush: Proves that we take new technology for granted.

Anyways, RodwenofRohan said in the last thread:

Estelwen- I understand about struggling in Daily devotions- do you have someone to keep you accountable for that? My family checks up on each other - something like "have you had your quiet time today?" or "don't forget your devotions!" (depending on if we prefer morning or night!) we also do a family devotion whenever the whole family is together (rarely, but hey, we try!)

I had an accountability partner as well, but we never really checked up on each other and we go to different schools now. Right now I am blessed to have such a wonderful roommate... we talk about what we're doing in our devotions a lot and discuss things. So I guess you could say she's my accountability partner. I feel bad though... many times I would rather be doing something else than reading my Bible or doing devotions. I'm trying to read the Bible all the way through, and I just got done with reading Numbers. I have a long way to go! But I know that the Bible is the most important book to be reading, so I am trying to read it every day.

Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: November 06, 2007 04:46
Loyal faolan, I don't know if I am the right person to help you or not but I while reading your post I was reminded a lot of myself. I know how you feel because I felt that way when I was young too. I was also raised in a Christian family and have always believed as far back as I can remember, but I never fully understood about Jesus until now.
I felt the same way as you that some people who called themselves Christians weren't very Christian like. Especially with the judging others stuff. I have come to realize being a Chirstian doesn't mean that you are perfect, we all make mistakes. It is what we do about those mistakes that makes the difference.
I am now 34 and have 3 children and I wanted my children to be raised with the beliefs that I had so a year ago I decided to go back to church. I strongly feel that God led me to the church I am in now. I also know a lot about the peace you are searching for because I was searching for it too. I have struggled with very low self-esteem and a general feeling of unworthiness my whole life. As silly as it sounds, I didn't believe that God would want me in his family. I had an overwhelming emptiness for as long as I remember but Christ has taken that away. My family is going through very rough financial times right now and a year ago I would have given up to worry and doubt and made myself sick with it. Today I have peace despite of it all. Trust and faith in God gave me that peace.
If you want to read the bible again maybe try to start small. I started in the New Testament and made a commitment to read a chapter a day at first. Pray for the answers you seek and trust that He will give them to you and He will. God doesn't expect perfection out of us. We come to Christ like children and learn as we go. You are taking those first steps and all the rest will come with faith and time. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hello to all the rest of the Christian members here. I introduced myself some time ago in the old thread. I pop in once in a while but I think maybe I will pop in more often.

Rachelle25
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2007 01:52
i am born and raise bye a christian family my dad was a youth pastor when i was about 4 to 7 and became a pastor and yeah we all are not perfect and i as a pastors kid am not perfect eaither and i actually gave my heart to God when i was 8 and regave my life when i was 17 cuz i back slide so many times and yes there are time when i still want to backslide because of the stupid things I lean to not Give up and let God take a hold of me so just Keep your head up and know he is still there Jesus :heart: you and wants a true relationship with you and all you have to do is to accept it well see ya
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2007 03:04
Good points, Dolwen- Christians aren't perfect, Just Forgiven! It is so amazing that, no matter what we do, God still forgives us and welcomes us with loving arms into his family! I'll be praying that you find the truth to your doubts, Faolan! (Rachelle- my story is scarily similar... we could be in the same family LOL!)
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2007 06:50
Hey loyal_faolan. I understand how you feel. So many times, people who call themselves Christians act like hypocrites. They don't follow what Christ taught. All people make mistakes, even Christians. We just have to keep pressing on and try our best to follow Christ. When we mess up, we ask for forgiveness and move on and turn from what we did wrong and turn to Christ. Don't feel bad that you don't understand a lot right now. Not even the smartest person in the world can understand everything about God. All that God wants is your faith. Understanding comes in time. I'll keep you in my prayers! :heart:

Welcome Rachelle! :love: Thanks for telling your story!

Please pray for my friend. She's sick and had to go to the hospital today. Thanks everyone!

Love,
Wood
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2007 11:42
well i just wanted to say hey on the new thread and loyal_faolan, i just wanted to say im praying for u, im not the best person to talk to u about that cuz ive never really been through a time i didnt believe but i will be praying and ill do anything i can to help u
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2007 04:54
loyal_faolan, welcome! I never actually went through a time I never believed, but I went through times when I wasn't sure that everything would come out alright.
In our youth group we have been talking a lot about hypocrisy, especially in the church. I think that it's a good thing that you don't want to be labeled a hypocrite. People are drawn to Christianity because they see it as real, not just something we do because we have spare time. Sure, we're all going to fail, but it's our heart that God judges. If you strive to be like Him, He knows. And others will see that, and admire you for it. That's what Jesus was talking about when He said 'Let your light so shine before men...'
Keep up the good work!
Wood, I will have my (large) family pray for your friend. Remember, God doesn't always answer prayers the way we want Him to, but it's the best way.
Would you all pray enestly for Dancy Porter. She is a five/six year old girl that got hit by a car when crossing the street to get on the school bus. She has head trauma, and was airlifted to a hospital, I'm not sure which one. She has a 40% chance of living, last I heard. Some one told me it was her sister that hit her, but I'm not sure. Just pray for her and her family. Thank you all, it feels great to have some one(s) to go to when I need prayer, you all encourage me so much.
Sorry for being so long... that's why my nickname is Gabby.... lol.
Love in Christ,
Eyowen
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2007 06:52
lol eyowen, that's my nickname sometimes, too! Will be praying for your friends, Wood and Eyowen. Please pray for a friend of mine and her son, a soldier, who just went to Iraq. He's only 18...
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2007 10:17
Hey everyone! Thanks for your prayers for my friend. The doctors don't know what's wrong with her exactly, so they sent her home (not back to school to live at the dorm). But please keep her in your prayers because she may have to go see other doctors if what's wrong with her doesn't get better.

What a sad thing that happened to that little girl, eyowen. I'll be keeping her and her family in my prayers. If it was her sister who hit her, she must feel horrible.

I'll be keeping that soldier and his family in my prayers too Rodwen. 18 is such a young age to be fighting. No matter our opinion of this war is, we should pray that it ends soon because war is never a happy issue.
zandel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2007 04:35
Zandel Valren here. Non-denomination christian of Arizona. Hullo
Nrath
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2007 04:44
Hi-a! Catholic person here!
zandel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2007 08:01
Hullo Nrath! How ye doing?
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2007 04:39
hello everyone! im a southern baptist btw
Lorien~ethel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2007 06:56
Wow, a Christian thread! This site just get's better and better, lol. I have to say, even though I was brought up in a Christian home, I didn't really get to know God till highschool. My Bible teacher is the one I most credit for that. He really taught me to have a personal relationship with God. I am ever thankful for him.
I would like people to pray for my bff. She has self-injury, family, and boy problems. It's been about a year, and she still doesn't show much improvement. Please pray for her. I really care about her and I know God does too.
Nrath
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2007 08:19
Hey Zandel! I'm good, thanks for asking. Nice to meet you! How you doing?

I'll be praying Lorien~ethel
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2007 05:31
Hello everyone! :wave: I hope all is well.

Welcome to Nrath, zandel, and Lorien~ethel! :hug: It's great to have you all here!

I'll be keeping your friend in my prayers, Lorien~ethel.

Please keep praying for my friend. She really isn't doing any better.

Love and God Bless, :heart:

Wood
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2007 12:28
I will definately be praying for everyone!
Good report on the little girl - she is doing well, and the doctors say she should make a full recovery. She has not lost any part of her body, and is expected to be okay. Also, it was not her sister who hit her, it was a 21 year old woman.
Thank you all so much for your prayers! Wood, Rodwen, Lorien, me and my family will definately keep you in our prayers. Remember, God uses all things for our good in the end, and has plans of safekkeping and prosperity, not harm, to those who love Him. God bless.
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2007 02:36
PRAISE GOD! Eyowen, that is such good news! God answers prayers every day!
And welcome, to all who have joined recently!
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2007 10:16
That is such good news eyowen! Thank you so much for updating us, and praise God! I'm glad it wasn't her sister who hit her. If I had accidentally hit my sister, I would feel horrible. If I had accidentally hit anyone I would feel horrible.

Thanks everyone for keeping my friend in your prayers.
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2007 12:20
Hey Y'all! I just wanted to say im praying for all the requests on here, also, i thought id update about my mom. in the old thread i had said how shes got a nerve and lung disease and is bedridden. well shes not doing any better and also, we moved to a new state last year and with mom we have to have a handicapped house, unfortunately there isnt one so we have to build one, well we've been here a year and w/ moving expenses and medical bills, we cant afford it yet and so we've been living in a TINY duplex thats so small im actually living at my grents house cuz i dont fit, so please pray that we can start building soon!!
thanks!
Estelwen
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: November 13, 2007 09:33
You and your family have my kindest thoughts and prayers, Estelwen. It is hard to be grateful when the level of our tests is increased ... but tests they are and we come out of them knowing more about our own strengths. I was primary carer for my disabled husband for 15 years, and my heart goes out to you all. Be good to each other.

Gandalf said: There are many powers in this world for good or for evil. And against some I have not yet been tested.
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2007 05:05
I'm very sorry to hear that Estelwen. It must be very hard and unsettling for you. I will definitely be praying for you and your family.
Nrath
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2007 05:27
I'll be praying, Estelwen
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2007 12:33
I will definately be praying, Estelwen and I will also have my youth group praying. The Bible says where two or three are gathered in His name, He will be there. God bless you all.
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2007 12:48
hey everyone!! thanks so much for praying! u dont know how much it means to me, i mean all of u who dont even know me willing to pray its amazing!! I cant wait to meet all of u in heaven! Itll be amazing!!
Nrath
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2007 05:56
I know! I was just expecting to meet LOTR fans on here, but now I get to meet all sorts of neat people!
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2007 11:25
I often think of that too. I always think how awesome it would be to meet all of you in person, and then I remember that some day I will! I don't know if any of you remember her, but one CoE member who came here a lot was hobbitmom. She passed away over two years ago, and I really miss her. She was always such a kind person to have here on the thread. But I know that some day I'll get to see her too.
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: November 16, 2007 12:58
I'm glad you mentioned HobbitMom. I never knew her, but she is everywhere on this site, and I can promise you that as I tidy up the old Christian thread I will not be deleting anything important by her. She is part of CoE's history.

So is Naneth ... who seems to have gone missing. If anyone is in touch with her, or knows what may have become of her, do please let us know.

mega-hugs :hug:
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2007 05:30
Hey everyone, I got this in an email, and I thought I would share it. click here

[Edited on 11/17/2007 by RodwenofRohan]
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2007 10:35
Just wanted to pop in and say hi!
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: November 17, 2007 10:55
Hello, Rulea and RodwenofRohan that was just precious. What a wise little boy. I shed a few tears. Thank you for sharing.
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2007 05:42
That was so sweet Rodwen! Thank you so much for sharing!

Please pray for me. Something is wrong with my leg... I don't know what. It just hurts for no reason at all. My mom thinks it might be a pinched nerve or something. But I'm going to make an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow, so we'll see. Thanks!
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: November 18, 2007 05:46
Woodlandelfgirl you are in my prayers.
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2007 06:16
ur in my prayers to!!