Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Christian roll call/sharing Part II
on: January 14, 2008 03:43
It always makes me feel good to welcome new people to this thread. It's inspiring and encouraging to meet so many people who are all so different in so many ways but all joined together as a family in Christ. I hope the new year is being kind to everyone. I don't post as much as I should but I make a point of saying a prayer for everyone who comes here every night.
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 04:24
Welcome to this thread, Lady Ayla! Nice to meet you.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 11:33
Thanks. I'm definately going to make it a point to visit this thread every time I get on. Blessings to all!
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 02:56
Hey all, haven't been here in awhile. What's your favorite Bible quotation or story? I've always been a fan of the Letters of Paul, Exodus, Proverbs, Song of Songs, and Eccelaislates, another book by Solemon.
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 04:14
Rulea, I really like 1st Timothy and James. I also like this verse in Mark, where it's talking about Jesus raising the little girl from the dead and my bible version says, "And they were astonished with great astonishment..." They had to put that word in there twice to convey how the people felt.
I also like the books of Daniel and Esther. :love: Tomorrow I'll prob. like Romans better...
Welcome, Lady_Alya. It's great to have new people come and bring fresh excitement to out threads.
:hug:
Eyowen
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 05:09
I love the story of Esther too. Has anyone seen the movie One Night with the King? It is newer movie about the story of Esther, great movie.
I also like Matthew, the story of Joseph, Proverbs and Psalms 23.
JaimeLouise
CoE Volunteer & Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 07:12
I love One Night with the King! :love:
My favorites are Romans, Psalms, Proverbs, and Samuel.

And welcome, Lady Alya! And all of the other newcomers as well! I don't visit this thread often, but it's great to see so many fellow Christians here! :hug:

BTW, there's also a Christians club. I am a frequent poster there.

Visit my website & Etsy shop! ~ Ephesians 4:29 ~
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 02:38
i havent seen One Night With The King but I've heard its AMAZING!! Ill have to check it out!!
My favorite books are Proverbs, Psalms and Revelation.
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 12:23
I love Psalms. I LOVE them.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 03:46
Well, I'm involved in Bible Quizzing with the Nazerenes and this year we're delving into Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon. I'm the memory person, and my job is to learn the selected verses and get them in a tournament! It's a lot of fun and it's also confusing with those five books because Paul says the same thing four or five different ways and I have to be able to know what's where. I love it!!!
For other books of the Bible, I've always enjoyed the Psalms, I love the Gospels and Acts.
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 05:42
I do Bible quizing, too! We do it with our AWANA program and my team is hoping to get to go to nationals this year!
I also have a praise! My great aunt was not doing so good these past few days and my family were not told until reacently. The doctors were going to try to do surgury, but today, they didn't have to! God has miraculasly healed her as of now. We're not certain how much longer she has to live, but for now she is doing great! It's so amazing! God is so good! Keep praying for her and my great uncle, he's got cancer but has been holding on. Thanks
Eyowen
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2008 07:43
Aah!!! That is the coolest thing in the world. Do y'all use hand buzzers or jump seats? We do seats. Our nationals is being held in Idaho this year and there's no way I'm going!
That's wonderful about your aunt!!!!
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2008 09:10
We use hand buzzers for the first part, and then paddles for the second. Since my team has more than four people, someone has to switch out. I'm doing paddle quiz only this year.
Our quiz team has to place well (like, 1st maybe 2nd, but we're shooting for 1st) if we want to go.
Keep praying for my great aunt. My dad is thinking on making an emergency trip down to see her. Thanks
Eyowen
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2008 08:20
Hi all.

I used to keep up on this thread, years ago, but as you might have guessed there's been a communication lapse. Lotsa new faces! Well now, let us see what I may say about myself... I'm a homeschooled Christian teenaged girl. Fairly average, as girls go. Little batty at times, but aren't we all? I love Jesus, and have a passion for witnessing to people, even if I do stink it up pretty well sometimes. I intend to graduate from highschool early, and pursue missionary work in the way of a Bible college.

My parents also both love the Lord, praise be, and my younger brother as well. 'Tis just the four of us, and for the most part we get along smashingly. Umumum... oh, my fav Bible verse is Psalm 27:13. Other random facts about me include that I am a Dr. Who addict, I adore RPGing, and I'm a self-professed night owl. Hope to frequent this thread.
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2008 08:41
Welcome, Tookishgirl! :hug:
It's great to 'see' someone like me!
I also plan on being a missionary to... somewhere. Where ever God see fit to place me. As for now, I'm just being a missionary where I am.
I guess that's all for now.
Eyowen
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2008 11:59
Yes, welcome tookishgirl! This place is the best!
My highschool is a mission field in itself. I try to be a light to my friends whenever I can.
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2008 05:56
Welcome Tookish!
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2008 10:27
Welcome tookish!! u sound a lot like me, feel free to pm me sometime!!
about Bible Quizzing, we do that at my church camp!! Im terrible at it though so i just cheer for my friends
Elana
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2008 11:43
Hi, all of you!
I did not discover this thread until today (I should probably explore the forums a little better!), but I hope to frequent it from now on! So, what could I possibly say about me? I did not grow up with christians around me. I had such a terrible relationship to my Mom, I yelled at her like...um...I-don't-know-what and she slammed doors all the time because I was such an awful little girl. I did not seem to get out of the terrible twos until I was like seven or eight years old :blush:. But then my Mom found Jesus (or Jesus found my Mom...) and she started believing in God. That's when our relationship changed and I as an eight-year-old girl understood there was more in life than just egoism. Needless to say, I gave my whole life to God and I have never regretted it. Life is full of dangers and I fail a lot, but I know he'll love me, whatever may happen.
I cannot imagine how I have ever been able to live my life without Him. In fact, I never was.
Now we're a wonderfully blessed family, my brother loves God, too, and even my Dad recently found Jesus after he had been very ill. It was not even sure he would survive, and he did not believe in Jesus, so I was terribly scared that I might lose him for good. I can hardly tell you how glad I am knowing that he's saved!
Wow, that's enough typing for today...
Elana
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2008 12:28
I so glad about your father, Elana! It's so great that he's saved! I'm glad you could stop in and visit us. I hope you come back! :hug:
Eyowen
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2008 12:57
Welcome Elana! Nice to have meet you.

This place is so great. When I'm feeling down I can always come here to be reminded of Christ's undying love. :love: Everyone's really friendly, and you can just feel God speaking through them.
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2008 02:05
Thanks for the welcome, all. Hi Elana! *waves* We can be newbies together. That's always fun. Awesome that your family knows Christ. You have any sibs?

*sits down on floor Indian style* If no one minds, might we go around with.... ooh, Idk, age/general place in the world (e.i. state/province)/height? Ice breakers are so cheesy, haha, but there are two new ones now, and I shall be so bold as to speak for both of us when I say that I'm curious about you lot. I'm nearly 16, live in New York, and am 5' 8".

Oh, fyi, I know tookishgirl is a pain to type, so if you'd like to reduce it to "TG" I'll try to remember you are addressing me. Lol, it's always funny in a group if you have three people named the same thing, and so the one person offers, "You can call me by a different name" so everyone does and then the person forgets to respond to it.
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2008 06:40
I'm Writer, 15, Roman Catholic (though that's not important, really, Christianity is really all that matters), New Englander, LOTR junkie. Oh! I'm a musical theatre junkie too. I :heart: RENT and Wicked. I like to write and draw and create in general. I'm a green belt in a martial art called Tang Soo Do. I want to be a therapist when I grow up. I'm an alter girl, and an aide in a 1st grade CCD class. I love animals, and have a adorable pooch named Ginger. My purpose in life is to run a therapeutic martial arts facility for kids and teens with learning disabilities. I have a learning disability called NLD (non verbal learning disability) and also have ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).

And I love Christ and my religion. :love:
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: January 22, 2008 05:55
Welcome to all the newest members. So glad to have you here.

Since we are doing intros....
I am Dolwen, 34 (for about 4 more months anyway), stay at home mom of 3 boys living in Florida. We have been going to a non-denominational, very modern church for over a year now and I love it. The very first service I attended at our church, they showed a clip from LotR. Even though my family attended church when I was young and I have always believed in God and Jesus, I only started to have a personal relationship with God when I found this church.

I would also like to add that I am very impressed with the young adults that post on this thread. All of you have such faith and kindness and such a deep love for Jesus. I hope that my children are like you when they grow. :hug:
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2008 07:17
Yay!!! I'm so happy to see you Elana!!! :love:

Well, I'm Alya, I'm 16, and I live in the Shenendoah Valley in Virginia. I was found by Jesus when I was in 5th grade and I'm very much involved in our Bible Quizzing program. I have two more years in it left. I have a passion for writing, especially fantasy, and I'm a LotR nerd. Oh, and I'm about 5'8" with brown hair all the way down to my waist and I'm wearing my full-length, black fleece cape at school today because it's a half day and I can!! And no, I'm not gothic!

I :heart: Jesus and He :heart: me!
Elana
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2008 08:05
, Lady_Alya! I was sure I'd find you here...

All right, then, some more general information about myself. I'm Elana, 18 years old, from the beautiful valley of the Rems near Stuttgart in southern Germany! I have one 16-year-old brother (that's enough, believe me!) and some pets (two cats, two rabbits). Let's see, what else? I'm about 5'9'' and have light brown hair, recently cut shoulder-length (I once had it down to my waist, too, but that was just too much work!).

Wow, Bible Quizzing - I've never done that. Might be interesting though.
I just bought a book by Max Lucado ("Grace for the Moment") that has one little chapter for every day of the year (sorry, I don't know the English word for a book like that, it doesn't appear in any dictionary). It really makes you think about your way of life and it helps me to be closer to Him. I'm so glad He has got me in his hand and will never drop me.
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2008 12:27
welcome all new people!! well, im 16!! hurray! i can drive... i just dont have anything to drive.. :S lol, um, i have shoulder length dirty blonde hair but im growing it out, its not growing very fast im not allowed to write where i live but i will say it is in the US, i have a little sister, I love Jesus with all of my heart but recently i havent been reading my Bible and everything as much as i should. I also love LOTR (DUH!) Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Reading is one of my favorite things to do in the world and my favorite books are Christian Supernatural Thrillers, Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker are my favorites. Well, thats about it, feel free to pm me!!
Estelwen
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2008 04:30
Hi, I'm Eyowen, I live in the US, I'm over 13 but under 16 . Um, I'm going to a Baptist church but I don't belong to any religion, I only belong to Jesus. :love:
Up until recently church was just a place I went because it was expected, but now I have a living and active relationship Jesus. It's so amazing what God can do, and has been doing.
Um, I love to read and write and all that good stuff and I have a huge family with 8 kids total. I'm the oldest girl, and therefore babysitter, asistant cook, etc... lol
My family and I are heading to visit relitives (and to say good-bye to my great-aunt and my great uncle, their not doing so good so please pray for the remaining family) and so I might not be on for a while. Just know I'm praying for you all and that you all are so encouraging to me. Thanks for letting God use you all in that simple way.
Eyowen
tookishgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2008 05:15
Wow! Lotsa responses.

I was saved about twelve years ago, at age three. My mother and I had been sitting on the couch watching television. We flicked past Billy Graham, and watched for a bit. It finally ended with an altar call, and I asked Mom what the people were doing. She then explained salvation to me in simple terms, and I asked if I could pray as well. We did, and when we had finished, I turned to her and announced, “Mommy, Satan must be ripping his hair out right now.” She knew I was saved, I knew I was saved, and always have known since then.

I love writing, and run a small newsletter at my homeschool co-op with some friends. I'm not sure I make the best editor, but we manage pretty well, in my humble opinion. I also do creative writing in my spare time. Lotsa fantasy, bit of sci fi now and again. Aside from hobbies, I have a single babysitting job for a two year old who is an absolute doll. He and I get on smashingly, though we've oft found we've a difference of opinion on such matters as how and when toys ought to be picked up. Ah yes, and where the playdough belongs-- on the table or beneath it-- a classic debate.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2008 03:51
Wow, this is so awesome!!!!

(Elana, I believe the word you're looking for is devotional.)

Wow, TG, I love that quote about Satan ripping his hair out. That is so awesome.

I :heart: all of you guys!! This place is the best and I hope it will always be!
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2008 01:45
Hey, if you could pray for me today, that'd be beyond great. I'm taking my midterms. EEP! :0
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: January 24, 2008 02:57
Will do writer.
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2008 06:51
Thanks a bunch!
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2008 09:12
Hey all! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but with school starting again, I have been busy. I just want to say welcome to all the new people! :wave: And I do remember seeing you before, Tookishgirl! I also want to say that I'm praying for your great aunt and uncle eyowen. And I said a prayer for your midterms writer, so I hope you do well!

Well, now a little bit about me. I'm Woodland, and I'm 20 years old (I'll be 21 in March). I currently go to college in Pennsylvania, and my home is in PA as well. I am studying psychology, and I hope to become a Christian counselor. I have grown up in a church all my life, and I can't exactly say when I found Christ, but all I know is that I did. I love music, and I'm in the wind ensemble at school where I play the bass clarinet, and I just joined the jazz band where I'll be playing the tenor sax. I also love musicals, especially Phantom of the Opera. I hope to travel some day and see lots of places. So far I've been to Ireland, but I want to go again. And that's just a little about me!

I hope you all have a great and blessed day!

:heart: Woodland
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2008 02:24
Hello everyone!

Guess I'm pretty lucky to have my midterms over with, even though I thought everyone else had already taken theirs... I know what you're going thorough, writer. Hope it goes well for you!

Blessings to all! :heart:
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email