<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Christian roll call/sharing Part II
on: January 01, 2008 01:52
Thank you Jagwiga.

I enjoy it very much! Still figuring it out (somewhat), but enjoying it nonetheless.
Jadwiga
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2008 11:39
Thanks for the welcome Woodlandelfgirl87!

Great to hear that you are enjoying yourself writer900! And don't worry, it takes some time to learn the ropes but you'll get it! Best wishes!
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2008 01:27
Welcome, Jadwiga :hug:. I have a prayer request. One of our members asked for prayer for her great grandfather. He's very sick and she's understandably worried for him. Please pray, not only for him, but for their salvation. Thanks for everything. God bless!
Eyowen
Jadwiga
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 06:48
Welcome, Jadwiga :hug:.

Thank you! :hug:

I have a prayer request. One of our members asked for prayer for her great grandfather. He's very sick and she's understandably worried for him. Please pray, not only for him, but for their salvation. Thanks for everything. God bless!
Eyowen

I shall keep them both in my prayers tonight.
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 09:42
I'll pray for them tonight too.

I also said a special birthday prayer for Prof. T last night (his 116th birthday) and prayed that his soul may be content in the keeping of his Heavenly Father.

He was a good man, a strong Christian, and made so many people happy.

eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 12:20
Yes, writer900, he was a wonderful man, and led at least a few people to Christ and drew many people closer to Him. I'm so glad he was a christian, it makes it even better to read his books! :love:
Cheers to the Professor! :cheers:
God bless!
Eyowen
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 06:52
Indeed. Also, he led us to this wonderful, supportive group of Christians. :heart:

I would like to ask for a a prayer for the 1st grade CCD class I assist with:

They are wonderful, and so eager. One boy even says he sees angels in church. Pray that they see Christ's undying Truth, and that they draw close to him. :hug:

Thanks.

Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 03:35
Hey everyone! I will be praying for all of you. :heart:

More on the Tolkien subject, don't quote me on this, but I do believe that he helped lead C.S. Lewis to Christ as well. Not 100% sure though.
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 04:36
Actually, I do believe so. I was reading a book on C.S Lewis, (or scanning) and I saw something about how C.S Lewis was riding his bike not believed Christ was the Son of God, and he came home believing. I also believe I remember Tolkien saying to Lewis, "Mythology is written to express something greater than truth, and to express God's word," or something like that (DO NOT QUOTE me on that, lol) and a gust of wind rushed out of nowhere towards them and they felt God's presence.

He was truly a wonderful man. :hug:
Jadwiga
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 08:45
Tolkien did indeed lead C. S. Lewis to Chrisitianity. One day they were having an in-depth discussion on religion (during a walk I believe), since he had been questioning Faith right up to that point, the end of which had C.S. Lewis believing that God was God. He converted to Christianity.

I wonder what Tolkien said that day to make C.S.Lewis believe? Oh, well, it is not for us to know as it most certainly is private!

But what a man Tolkien was! :heart:

Edited for clarity.

[Edited on 6/1/2008 by Jadwiga]

[Edited on 6/1/2008 by Jadwiga]
Jadwiga
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 08:53
Further to my post above I have a link for those who wish to know a little more concerning C.S. Lewis:

About his conversion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._S._Lewis#Conversion_to_Christianity

And an extract from above, relating to our discussion about Tolkien's influence: "Following a long discussion and late-night walk with his close friends Tolkien and Hugo Dyson, he records making a specific commitment to Christian belief ..."

C. S.Lewis was already questioning Faith and God so that night 'tipped the balance' so to speak.
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 11:50
You can see God's great works there.

The world is not "frail and faulty" as so many think, including young Lewis. God works in incredible ways. But the bad choices of some of mankind leads to it's faulty.

Tolkien, IMHO, was meant to nudge Lewis towards Christianity. In return, Lewis became one of the greatest Christian writers, and converted many others, in turn, to Christianity.

Tolkien, as stated earlier, converted a great many people too, and was a good, kind man of faith and courage. Tolkien also led us here, to each other, and when we are here, we learn of how God speaks through many.

Ah, what a world...and what a glorious, glorious God!

If anyone has a prayer request, PM me. I'm writing down prayer requests in the prayer book in church, and also praying for everyone by myself.

May God bless you and keep you safe.
:love:
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 11:59
I would also like to request another prayer:

God bless the Antanga School in Uganda. May they finally find peace and happiness, and may war stop, and prosperity begin.

Our school is fund raising for Invisible Children. It's an orginization that is trying to stop a bloody civil war in Uganda, and give the children safety from becoming children soldiers or killed, education, and peace. I strongly believe God lead our school to the school we sponsor. Just give us a prayer or two...

Thank you.

http://s4s.invisiblechildren.com/about_the_cause
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 01:30
I heard about what is happening in northern Uganda with the children about 2 years ago from people in my school. I have been praying for them ever since I heard about it.
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 02:24
Isn't it horrible?

My school is totally determined with raising money to help them out. Everyone is so determined to help them out. I'm glad we are. :heart:
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2008 06:35
It is horrible. My school has a group, or at least had, I haven't heard much from them lately, to help out. I'm not in the group, but I did do some things with them to help out.
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2008 03:22
Hello, fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. My name is Ezraela - Ez for short. It is nice to see such a large gathering of fellow believers in this place. So how is everyone?
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: January 08, 2008 06:08
Ez, I am fine. Are you a new member or have I just missed you. Well, my son had just called me. He lives in Washington state and was driving in a blizzard. I was so worried. He was a mile from his house and said mom I need to hang up I need both hands to drive in this snow.. I said ok call when you get home. As soon as I hung up I started praying. Ten minutes later he called and had made it home. Thank you God. BTW welcome Ez.
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2008 06:55
Welcome Ez!! and hello to everyone!! Awelyn, im so glad ur son is ok!! blizzards are no fun!! especially to drive in!!
Ezraela
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2008 04:35
I've been here for a few months now, but not too long to be obvious about it. Eeeek! I know ALL about blizzard and nasty winter weather. I live up in the frozen state of Wisconsin, and it's been getting down into the negative teens lately. Lots of snow too with all of that. I've already nearly hit a stop while sliding into a ditch, almost fallen off a steep enbankment from taking a curve at 15 mph, and slidden on the ice far too many times to remember. But through it all, I know Jesus has DEFINITETLY protected me! So what else is there to talke about?
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2008 08:47
Wow, Ez, God's really looking out for you.
I have a prayer request. A family from our church knows this couple. The wife, Trisha, has Cystic Fibrosis, and is waiting for a duble lung transplant. she went to the hospital for a test or something and they found out she was pregnant.
The couple decided to not abort the baby because God is the giver of life and the doctors put Trisha in the hospital to keep her and the baby alive. Trisha carried the baby for 24 1/2 weeks, and then they had to preform an emergency C-section. You can visit their blog for more info and pictures - http://www.cfhusband.blogspot.com/ They would really like your prayers. Thanks
Eyowen
awelyn418
Send Message
on: January 09, 2008 10:14
Estelwen,thank you and my goodness Ez I am glad You were protected thank you Jesus.eyowen I will pray for that family and I watched the video clip and read their story. It just breaks your heart. What a wonderful family.

[Edited on 9/1/2008 by awelyn418]
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 06:46
Welcome Ez! It's great to have you here!

I will pray for that family eyowen. Thank you for sharing.

Winter weather can be so nasty. Praise God that your son is okay awelyn and that you're okay Ez!

Please keep me in your prayers. I go back to school from Christmas break on Sunday, and I would just like prayer for safe travels and a good semester. Thanks!
awelyn418
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 07:41
I will be praying for you. Woodlandelfgirl.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 10:04
Hello all, long time no see...
I recently have become more religious than I was, still not going to church but I have began reading the Bible more snd I feel at peace more now and less stressed, it's an awesome feeling. I've also been paying more attention to what I do, say, and think. I still have problems with certain words but I'm working on it. Just thought I'd mention that, since last time I was in here I wasn't sure exactly so I left, but now I am and I'm back.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 11:25
Good for you Elfalas. I go to church because it makes me stronger and I am with people who think like I do but I have never thought that going to church will get you into heaven. I am glad you are feeling at peace. Good luck on your walk and hang in there.
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2008 09:56
Good for you, Elflas. I'm going to pray for you.

Our Invisible Children fund raiser raised over $5,000 dollars, all of that going directly towards the children!
awelyn418
Send Message
on: January 11, 2008 12:34
That is fantastic writer900. That is a great sum of money and wonderful for the children.
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2008 12:59
It's great. $5000 can do so much for the children in Uganda....I'm so glad God blessed us with students and teachers so absolutely dedicated to making their lives peaceful and happy.
Jadwiga
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2008 03:24
You can see God's great works there.

The world is not "frail and faulty" as so many think, including young Lewis. God works in incredible ways. But the bad choices of some of mankind leads to it's faulty.

Tolkien, IMHO, was meant to nudge Lewis towards Christianity. In return, Lewis became one of the greatest Christian writers, and converted many others, in turn, to Christianity.

Tolkien, as stated earlier, converted a great many people too, and was a good, kind man of faith and courage. Tolkien also led us here, to each other, and when we are here, we learn of how God speaks through many.

Ah, what a world...and what a glorious, glorious God!

If anyone has a prayer request, PM me. I'm writing down prayer requests in the prayer book in church, and also praying for everyone by myself.

May God bless you and keep you safe.
:love:

I absoultey agree writer900!

And congratulations on raising so much money! May God guide the people who use it!:heart:
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2008 06:12
Thanks Jadwiga.

All of it is going *DIRECTLY* to Uganda, which makes me so, so happy.
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 07:53
Congradulations, writer900! That makes me so happy to see that Christians still care about others, that is a huge amount and I wanted to congradulate you and to remind you to look not on earth for your treasure, but in heaven. I think your doing a great job so far!
Thanks for reminding me to keep the same mindset!
Eyowen
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 06:36
Thank you for your prayers awelyn.

It's great to hear your news elfalas. I'm glad you're strengthening your walk with the Lord.

That's awesome news writer! I'm so glad that all of that money is going to Uganda!
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 09:26
Wow, this was such a blessing to stumble upon!! It's so wonderful to be with many brothers and sisters in Christ. I can truly say that I am speechless at this point. Glad I decided to do some investigating in the Pony! Blessings to all!!!
awelyn418
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 01:27
Blessings to you Lady_Alya and it is great to find brothers and sisters here. They are a great bunch.
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email