12345Last >>
Author Topic:
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Christian roll call/sharing Part II
on: December 15, 2007 01:53
HI all,

I havnt posted in this thread in forever, but I'd just like ask yall to say a prayer for my family and especally my sister. We're having a very hard time right now

Thanks

dd
Vanya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2007 07:33
I am a little late to the party but I am another who remembers hobbitmom well. :heart: She and I had some great conversations; she was a wonderful woman.

I have a prayer request. Finals Week is this upcoming week, and I am swimming in projects and tests and studying! So if you guys could pray for a stress-free week for me, that would be terrific.

Have a great week guys!
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2007 02:55
Hi Dreamdancer! :wave: It's nice to see you again! I'll be keeping your family and sister in my prayers. I hope things go well for you guys soon. :hug:

I'll be praying for your week, Vanya. Finals week is always the toughest, but you always get through. :hug:

I'm praying for you all! Have a great Sunday! :heart:
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2007 10:37
hey all! i am also drowning in work for finals!! and i missed a day of school thursday!! :S but i will be praying for all of u.
Ok, definite God-thing that happened to me, Eyowen, u know how u told us to pm Frodofan about her post, well i did and she had some questions for me that i did my best to answer but then in my realm i signed up to be an interrealm pen pal, Frodofan is my pen pal!! so all of u please pray that i can be a good witness to her!!
also pray for one of my bffs, i havent seen him in a long time cuz he lives a long way away from me, but i do get to talk to him on msn some and im worried about him. im starting to wonder is hes really a Christian and some things hes said makes me kinda concerned. :S
Thanks!
Estelwen
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2007 03:55
I will definately be praying for your friend! Could you be praying for me? My younger sister are acting... weird lately. They really remind me to watch what I do.
Eyowen
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2007 11:12
That's great news to hear Estelwen! I'll be keeping this situation and your friend in my prayers as well.

I'll also be keeping you in my prayers eyowen. I have a little sister, and I always have to remember to act in a way that will set a good example.

I have a prayer request. My friend's grandmother passed away yesterday, so if you could keep her and her family in your prayers, I would appreciate it. Thanks! :heart:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: December 17, 2007 02:38
I am praying for all of you.
:angel:
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2007 12:56
Praying for all of you.
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2007 01:02
"im starting to wonder is hes really a Christian and some things hes said makes me kinda concerned. :S
Thanks!"

Well, you can't force him to believe, but you can encourage him. I have plenty of friends who aren't Christian, but I try to convince them of Christ's everlasting love by showing them kindness and compassion.

Anyways, I just wanted to say, I've felt God's presence in my life, and many small miracles lately. It makes me very happy and very grateful and joyous.

I'll share one: my friend was worried sick about her Grandmother, because she was in the hospital. I pardoned myself to go to the bathroom (we were sitting together at lunch) and prayed that she would find comfort and hope in God.

Then it happened. It was snowing HARD when I got out of the bathroom, and all the students were dismissed from school. Goes to show, your prayers are never unheard.

The others Divine things I've experienced are rather personal, and I'm not sure He would want me to share them.

Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2007 09:42
It's great how we see God working in our lives. I don't know if I mentioned this... I think I did, but a few months ago something personal was going on in my life, and I didn't even know if I was going to be able to finish out the semester. But I did, and I got 4 A's and a B in my classes. I'm so happy about that, and I praise God for it.

I hope you're all doing well, and I have you in my prayers. :love:
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2007 05:57
Wood, I'm so glad you did so well! I'm praying for everyone here and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2007 10:52
Everyone---have a blessed Christmas full of family and friends.
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2007 11:01
Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope everyone has a very blessed Christmas and remembers what the season is about!!
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: December 24, 2007 08:57
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. :hug:
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2007 02:09
Merry Christmas to my fellow 'ringers'!!!!!!! I hope you all experience the true meaning of the season, and that everyone has a safe holiday! :hug:
Eyowen
awelyn418
Send Message
on: December 24, 2007 06:36
Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.
VendeaErunyauve
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2007 10:46
Merry Christmas from Tennessee! :heart:
JaimeLouise
CoE Volunteer & Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: December 26, 2007 01:06
Wow...it's been a while since I've posted in here! A lot has happened!
I'll be praying for all of you who have asked for it.

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and will have a blessed new year! :hug:

Visit my website & Etsy shop! ~ Ephesians 4:29 ~
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2007 02:43
Hey everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Christmas! :heart:
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2007 04:16
Did everyone have a wonderful Christmas??
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2007 02:56
I know I did! God did an amazing thing this year. Plus it was almost peaceful at our house Christmas day - no little babies for me to babysit or in-laws or anything. It was an amazing time to reflect on all God has done this past year. And you all?
Eyowen
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2007 11:01
Oh, that's great.
GOLOTR
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2007 03:27
HI EVERYONE!!!! Hope you had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Jesus is the reason for the season!! so yeah i used to post on the old one all the time, but havent been on here forever!!! I remember Woodland though!!! so nice to meet all of you my brothers and sisters in Christ!!! Yeah, i dont really know what else to say - I've been a Christian since i was 7, but this year im finally having a close relationship with Jesus and I talk to him a bunch!!! Hope everyones doing great!!
God Blessings!!
GOLOTR :rolling:
Starkindler
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2007 04:51
Hi, I have only just found this thread. Yes, I too am a Christian. I can't chat much now (just finished work late at night my time, and will be heading out again in less than 8 hours time!)
I want to wish you all the best for the coming year: may you be blessed with peace and Joy. :hug:
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: December 30, 2007 09:42
Hello Starkindler, my fellow Vaire member. :wave:

We really did have a good Christmas this year. Got to see a bit of God's work in our lives. In our area of the U.S. there has been massive job losses starting a few years back and it has affected us too. We have has a rough time this year, especially over the last couple months. Well at our Christmas Eve service one of the assistant pastors came to us and handed my husband and envelope. When we got home there was money inside and a note explaining that this pastor's neighbor said he had been blessed by God this year and wanted to share it. The pastor explained that he and his wife prayed and that God led them to us. (He had no way of knowing that we were having trouble.) It was amazing because my husband has been going through a spiritual crisis lately, loosing his faith that God would take care of us. Anyway, the look on my husband's face when this happened was wonderful.
Just wanted to share our little Christmas miracle with all of you. It is amazing how God can work through the goodness of others.
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2007 09:49
Wow that is an amazing story Dolwen! My family has had a few such "God Things" happen as well... Isn't it cool how God works?
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2007 02:15
Hey!!
I had a pretty good Christmas, i didnt really do anything, I just hung out with my little sis and my parents. It was pretty nice.
eyowen_the_queen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2007 04:06
I know, Rodwen, God works in such amazing ways. Once, when we really needed money, we got a check in the mail from a bank, saying they were going over files and they had over charged us 17 years ago . The money was almost the exact amount we needed, we had a little left over. Just a God thing! I glad you had such a peaceful time, Estelwen :cheers: . Dolwen, I'm so happy that God reminded you how much He loves you :disco: ! It's so great to hear what God is doing in ya'lls lives! Welcome, Starkindler :wave: . Welcome back GOLOTR :wave: ! :hug:
your sister in Christ,
Eyowen
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2007 05:30
Oh, that's so wonderful.

I just started being an alter server today. :heart:
GOLOTR
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2007 05:48
Im happy that you had a Christmas miricle Dolwen!!!
So im wondering if anyone has a "new years resolution" that has to do with your walk of faith with Jesus. Except since we all know some new years resolutions dont last long, one that you are going to try to make stick.
Mine is that I am going to wake up 10 min earlier every day to pray about my day before it starts, then i got a devotional book for Christmas so I want to read one every day then apply it to my life!
Anyone else???
Gods Blessings on everyone!!
Happy 2008!!
GOLOTR :rolling:
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2007 07:22
Hi everyone! Happy early New Year! Welcome to Starkindler and welcome back GOLOTR! It's great to see you both! :hug: :hug:

That is such a wonderful miracle Dolwen! God is so good. That's also a great story you told us eyowen. These little stories are always great help to remember that God is always in control and always with us.

As for me and a "resolution," I am going to continue with what I started this summer... I'm going to try to take time to spend with God every day reading the Bible and praying. I want to get closer to Him and follow His will in my life.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year tomorrow and a blessed 2008 all year long!
awelyn418
Send Message
on: December 31, 2007 07:44
May God's blessings be on you all in the coming new year and I think it is time for a new adventure to begin so let's see where the road will take us.:heart:
writer900
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2007 10:23
Indeed! I think God is going to give this year a blessing of renewed hope and love...:love:
Jadwiga
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2007 01:12
Roman Catholic here! Just wanted to say: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

:love:

Oh, that's so wonderful.

I just started being an alter server today. :heart:

From one Altar Server to another, I pray you enjoy your time serving. I have been an Altar Server for a number of years and loved it (had some downs but otherwise I am very happy!).

Best wishes from your fellow altar server!:heart:
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2008 06:31
Welcome Jadwiga! :wave: It's great to have you here!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email