<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Legacy of Ivriniel OOC
on: July 11, 2008 11:27
Great post, Elen.

I'm working on my post but it may be a couple of days before I can complete it.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 11, 2008 09:11
Great posts everyone! I am happy things are picking up again.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2008 08:01
Apologies. I've been caught up with other things. Finally got the post up though.

[Edited on 29/7/2008 by Hainima]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 29, 2008 07:31
Sounds good! I have a lot going on the rest of this week, but I should have something up by Monday for sure.
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 05, 2008 08:49
Hello all! I apologize for my lack of posting...bleagh. I really have no excuses lol.

But on the other hand, I received a pm from Adara_Cochava asking if she could join. The character she would be playing would be a Corsair-like character, I am assuming. Before I give the go-ahead and post (I would include a mention of her character as an intro), I would like to hear your thoughts regarding this.

Any and all ideas, questions, concerns, are welcome, as always!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2008 07:01
Greetings friends!

As Dinenlasse said, I'm requesting to join you guys on this RPG. I've been reading it for awhile and am quite impressed not only by the solid plotline and organization, but also the writing talent displayed here. With that being said, Din mentioned that I'm requesting to play an antagonist character--a Corsair of Umbar to be exact. So I thought I'd give you guys a brief description of the character, which might enable you to decide whether or not you think he would fit in with your RPG.

The character's name is Azrakarbὐ, which is Adunaic for (roughly) "Sea-Stallion." Azrakarbὐ's father was Bậrdolgu ("Lord of Night"), a Corsair of Umbar as well, of Numenorean/Gondorian descent, a descendent of Castamir the Usurper. My character's mother was a woman of Harad, who was named Ammîkali ("mother-woman") by her husband.

Azrakarbὐ takes after his mother in looks--"brown-skinned, dark haired and dark eyed" after the manner of the Haradrim. In chracter, he is much like his father--cruel, vicious, merciless. His ship he named the Nadrothagan, which means "hind-track (essentially the wake of a ship) of death."

If any more information is necessary, please let me know.

Thanks!
Adara

P.S: There's a more detailed bio/history [*url=http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=6156=]here[/url]

[Edited on 6/8/2008 by Adara_Cochava]
~Elenduriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2008 12:01
Now that is spooky....

I was going to suggest as an idea that after Rhen has been off to see her family, that all the characters pick a new destination to sail to.... and encounter a Corsairs ship where a bit of a battle could ensue. Obviously there would be no deaths among our characters but some of the other crew on the Ninglor could perish as well as a few injuries.

And also Elen would be the one to spot the ship off in the distance with her Elven eyes, which would probably cause some curiosity with the clevrer characters as no one aside from Nikun would know what she really is.

I like the idea of having someone play the captain of a Corsairs ship for when we get to the stage of siling on from Dol Amroth.

What does everyone else think?
Also where should our next destination be and why?
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: August 09, 2008 05:42
I like the idea, personally. I think a baddie would work nicely, and bring the tension up even further. We still need to solve the current problems, and get to Dol Amroth, however. I guess I'm wondering this: Who's turn is it? Is it mine?
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2008 12:05
A Corsair sounds like a good idea.
I think it's Din's turn to post.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 12, 2008 08:57
Yep, it is my turn to post, and I am currently working on a rough draft. I'm going to try to let you all in on what is going through Rhen's head and cue you into Adara's character in some way (if that is okay with you, Adara). Look for something by the weekend or so. I am going out of town, but there is no reason why I can't have something put together. Thanks for the patience!

And I like the idea of a baddie too! I looked on a map and think that a trip to Tol Falas, an isle to the southeast of Belfalas, could be something to look at, unless the mods could offer a more viable suggestion *grins meekly at them*. In any case, if anyone has any ideas, throw them forth!

[Edited on 8/13/2008 by Dinenlasse]
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2008 04:43
I assume I am accepted then? ^_^

Sounds good, Din, you can cue me in any way you want. Just curious--after whom should I post? I don't really know the "firing" order here.

I must say I am really, really excited about this RPG. I've been doing as much research as I can about the Corsairs and everything. Excuse my rather un-Tolkien word, but, I'm PUMPED!
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 15, 2008 07:42
For the sake of consistency, Adara, if you could post after Hainima, that would be great. That way, nothing will get confused, and we keep things straight. I'm still working, albeit slowly, on a post, and I will have it up by tomorrow.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2008 07:21
Welcome, Adara!

I'm glad things are picking up again.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 17, 2008 11:50
To begin, Adara, the way I introduced your character was in the way of whispers of a rumor. Now, whether or not you choose to have the raid/burning of the village is up to you. It could have been one of Azra's men who did it, or it could not have happened at all.

Another reason I included the exchange between the two sailors was to have a way to end the conflict with Gwalion (though I am up for a trial of the first man---whom I have not named yet) and to hint at some tension among the crew of the ship. I would like a mutiny of some sort aboard the ship, but if no one else cares to, then that is fine too! I just love creating tension and subplots.

I have done a lot more research into Galador and found that he had a sister Gilmith, whom I briefly mentioned in the post (and go figure, I was coming up with an idea for a new thread while I was at it...), but nothing I found gave any indication to what happened to her after Mithrellas left her husband. Thus, I took the liberty to say that Galador's decline in his reign (though we don't know how his reign was defined) led to Gilmith leaving. My main purpose for Rhîwenil in this thread is to discover the untold stories of Dol Amroth, partly because of her family legacy and partly because of my partiality for Dol Amroth. Thus, in the continuity of this thread, you will see more of my versions of stories from my research. And, if any of it gets confusing, then I will explain. For my part, I will distinguish in here the truth from research versus my surmising.

Hope everyone likes the post, and if I have to make any edits, especially for Adara's character, then I will be more than happy to do so!

Disclaimer: I do not assume responsibility for the validity of information either. My research is done on reputable sites, and I cross reference everything I find.

[Edited on 8/17/2008 by Dinenlasse]
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: August 19, 2008 05:38
GREAT POST, Dinn. I am always amazed at the depth of history in your posts. Out of sheer curiosity what resources did you use for your history points? They seem very thorough.

I will post soon... Consider the judge as having retired to her chambers while she considers the verdict... There is quite a bit that needs to be pondered over...

*grin* My next one will be long... just a warning... probably to come this weekend...
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 21, 2008 05:50
Meri, for my information, I use the sources here for one, and then in googling various things, I came across tuckborough.net, a site I have used before. Other sites I come across I use mainly to crossreference so I know I'm not getting the wrong information.

Interesting turn in the post by the way. I hadn't thought of Cutter and Lud being the culprits. And Rhen may have to fill Meri in on what is going on.

Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: August 21, 2008 06:25
Neither had I. It just... happened. *grin* And thanks for the links. I'm so glad this RP is back and running!

... Now... to Dol Amroth! (right? I don't claim to be the navigator, just the captain... LOL)
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2008 04:53
Wow...you guys never cease to impress me with your writing. And I'll second the approval of all the research and history you put into your posts, Din! Amazing. ^_^

I'm all for raiding the village, Din, it sounds like an excellent introduction. I do have a question for you though, you mentioned that Azra is rumored to be on the trail of the gem...which I hadn't considered before, and now that I think about it, would be absolutely fantastic...Still, I was wondering if you knew of some way he could have heard about it...or have enough reason to believe it existed? If you would rather I tried to come up with something on my own, that's fine...I was just wondering if you knew any specific ways, or had any ideas in that regard.

Thanks for the welcome, Elendil, I really appreciate it! Can't wait to post!
~Elenduriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2008 11:20
Wow, Din all that back story was amazing! And a nice little intro to Adara's character!

A great post from you too Meri!

And welcome Adara!! Looking forward to having a bad guy in this now!!!
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2008 04:32
So... My post?
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 28, 2008 04:35
I believe so!
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 05, 2008 04:06
Oh, and Adara, I was thinking on how Azra could have heard about the gem, and maybe there could be rumors circulating around Belfalas and on the seas about the gem's return. I plan on it being an integral part of Galador's reign, and perhaps it was lost. Azra could have heard a rumor that it was on the person of someone from Dol Amroth's bloodline. This may be a bit forward but how about Azra knows nothing about Rhen's family and instead assumes it is with someone of Alphro's or even Elboron's (son of Faramir and Eowyn) family?

Ah, here is my idea as I get going. Meri, do you mind if your character's lineage is known but not Rhen's? It really would be no secret anyway if Faramir's son had a daughter, would it? Thus, Azra finds out easily enough that Meri is captaining the Ninglor and sends out someone to investigate the claim that Meri possesses the Rhedhadin. And what happens after that is anyone's guess.

What do you guys think?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2008 04:15
Sounds like a plan, Din, but let me repeat it so I make sure I'm getting this right.

So Azra has heard rumors that the gem is on Meri, and thus sent maybe some spies (or the men that attacked her earlier?), and eventually pursues her himself? Is this what you mean? I'm slightly confused, also, about how Rhen and and Meri are connected?

So can't wait to post....*bounces off the walls*
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 10, 2008 04:16
1) Yes, Adara, you got my idea right! It is up to you whether or not you want Azra wants to pursue this himself, but I think it would be a great idea if we could make them all meet. :evil:

2) Meri and Rhen are cousins. Meri is the granddaughter of Faramir and Eowyn, and Rhen is the great-grandniece of Prince Imrahil, whose sister Finduilas is Faramir's mother. To get into any more detail about it would be confusing lol. But I did get into more depth about it in the thread, I think, in my first post with Rhen, and then again at the very end of my second post, where Aerith mentions the fact Meri is the granddaughter of Faramir.

I hope this clears some things up, and let me know if there is anything else!
~Elenduriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2008 04:19
That sounds good to me Dinn, makes alot of sense and ties up alot of loose ends together.

Looking forward to all meeting up in Dol Amroth and then setting sail and bumping into some 'baddies', sure sounds like fun lol!!! And it has been many years Elen has had to draw sword or bow on anyone, so she's itching to fight!!!!
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2008 03:14
Hey guys, can you go a round without me? I'm bogged down with school.
~Elenduriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2008 11:46
Yeah, if you're sure Elendil? Which would make it my turn. I will try to get up a post by Monday.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 13, 2008 05:50
I agree with Elen. I hope school eventually lightens up for you, elendil.

And Merides is currently in the eye of Hurricane Ike (according to BerethEdhellen in another thread I'm in) so it may be a while before she can post, depending on how long it takes us to return to her.

Please hold her in your thoughts and prayers.
~Elenduriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2008 01:26
Okay I have posted.

Hope things ease and you're back with us soon Elendil.

And we're all thinking of you Meri, lets hope you're back safely with us soon!!!
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: September 15, 2008 10:22
I'm safe guys, but we have no power and no water. My dad hooked up the generator to the computer for a few minutes, so I can get a quick note in. I may be gone for as long as 4 weeks, though. I'm not sure. The power company has yet to even give us an estimate of how long it's going to take to get the lights on again. Thanks for the prayers, though- and don't stop praying!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2008 02:47
Wow, Meri, I'll definately be keeping you in my prayers.

Alright, Din, this is making sense now, lol. I think I'm prepared. :evil: Can't wait to get started playing this 'baddie.'

So, if I'm correct, Hainaima (spelling?) is next, and then myself?
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2008 10:36
Hi Guys,

Yes, Meri, I'm praying for you too. Glad to hear you're OK. Puts things into perspective when we see what's happened to your part of the world.

I'm having a bit of a tough time at the moment. It's drained my inspiration. I'll try and get something together but it may be short.

Cheers
Hainima.

Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: September 17, 2008 01:29
Otherwise, take all the time you need, Hainima. We've all been in that boat before, and we are in no real hurry. I pray things get better for you.

And the same for you, Meri. You are in my thoughts and prayers as always, and I'm glad everything is settling down a bit for you.

Yes, Adara. Hainima, then you. I'm excited for this!

Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2008 06:57
Hainima, sorry things are rough for you right now. I've had times like those (though I don't know your exact circumstances), and I understand.

Whooo, Din, I'm so pumped for this...
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 15, 2008 06:54
Hey all! Just wanted to make sure everyone is still up for this. I know most of us have been around, and I believe we are still waiting for Hainima to post.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email