<< First45678
Author Topic:
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Legacy of Ivriniel OOC
on: October 17, 2008 12:34
Hi guys,
Thanks for waiting for me. I'm back. I'm sorry it's a bit of a short post. Over to you, Adara
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2008 04:46
Thanks Hainima! Alright guys, here goes nothing. Sorry if this post is too long...I'll try to keep my posts from being tooooo lengthy, so maybe we'll chalk this one up to being an "introductory" post...
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: October 18, 2008 05:21
Great post, Adara! And no worries about the length of the post! They make for interesting reading. They can never be too long if you ask me!
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2008 05:37
Thanks, Din! If there's ever anything I post that you think should be changed, made better or anything, please feel free to let me know. I'd like to "play this one by the books," so if I do/write something UnTolkien, just yell.

Hehe, and I think all posts are better off long! ^_^
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: October 22, 2008 09:50
I love the posts, guys! We sure have some scalawags onboard, don't we? Next, Dol Amroth! Yay! (hyper, sorry. Big 44 oz. coke. )
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: November 10, 2008 02:29
Hey, Meri, is it your turn to post now?

Haha for villains. ARGH! lol
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: November 17, 2008 11:28
Sorry guys, life is crazy with NaNo right now. I'll post soon. I completely forgot LOL!

EDIT: is Elendil2 not with us anymore? I read back, and we don't have his post about Bafraim.

[Edited on 11/20/2008 by Merides]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 10, 2008 10:45
Everyone has been online within the past month, including elendil, so I think we should be good to go another round of posts if everyone is up for it!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2008 12:15
Mmm, I'm totally ready...^_^
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: December 14, 2008 03:52
Ok, then, I'll just post as if he had replied, I guess. Post coming up soon!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2008 06:18
Sooooo...I'm confused...

When, where, and in what manner did you guys want Azra to interrupt your peace? lol. I wasn't sure if he was supposed to attack you guys, capture peoples...or what...and when?

Just confused, sorry.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: December 22, 2008 06:58
Within the next couple of rounds of posting (depending on how everything goes), we will be in Dol Amroth for a while and then leave for another place. I was looking at Anfalas, but in looking for some information on it, I haven't found much to work with. The main company could spend at least two or more days at Dol Amroth since Rhen will want to spend time with her family, and normally the crew would have to restock for supplies.

Upon leaving Dol Amroth, the Ninglor could run up against an unnamed island of rocks and tear a hole into the port or starboard sides. Azra, heading west for his own purposes, could happen upon the floundering ship and want to investigate. Eventually, the Ninglor would land on the southern shore of Anfalas at an unnamed port, with Azra following at a distance. But why he's following would be up to you, Adara. It all depends on their first meeting, if there is one.

I know this is sketchy at best, but the main gist is that the Ninglor is damaged and has to put into port, and Azra meets up with them in Anfalas. Maybe he could capture a main character or a minor one and question them about the ship, or he could wait it out and see what happens. If anyone can suggest a better meeting place or a better scenario, please provide input. I am able to work with anything!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2008 05:12
Okay, so he follows at a distance, kind of giving that creepy "why is he following us?" air to the whole story? He catches up with them at Anfalas and sneaks about the city (maybe?) and finally gets ahold of one of them to question? Perhaps...
~Elenduriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2009 12:48
Hi everyone. I appologise for my long absence and the length of time it took me to get my post done, but things have only just started slowing down for me after Xmas!!!

But anyway, back into the swing of things now, with hubby at work and little one at school and most of the house back in order after the holidays.

Sorry that my post was short and not alot happened, but there wasn't much to be done until all the characters meet for the first time (which should happen in my next post -YAY).
So I only ask that Rhen and/or Meri's next posts ends with the disembarkment please??

Anywhoo, I hope you all had a fantastic Xmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate, and I hope you all have a fantastic 2009!!
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 19, 2009 12:11
Great transition post to begin to tie everything together, Elen! What I can do make Rhen visit her grandparents again and visit the annals of Dol Amroth in the span of three days (or two if we want to push the envelope). Then, I can end with her boarding the ship, and Meri can bring us out of port. That is, it everyone's okay with it.
And any interactions can happen in our respective posts.

What do you all think?

And, you had the right idea, Adara.

My holiday was great! I spent Christmas in Florida, and not the bitter cold of the Midwest (until we got the HUGE Arctic blast!). Brrr. How was everyone's holiday?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2009 12:30
Holidays were great.

Okay. Just curious, how far behind them do you think Azra would be?
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 19, 2009 12:53
Good question. If we want to remain nautical, then we could use leagues (which is about 3.5 miles, give or take). So, maybe less than a league behind them? That way, he will come upon them easily enough. Azra could sight them in Dol Amroth and hold out in the harbor until they leave (sails down, I suppose). Would that work?
~Elenduriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2009 01:38
Yeah, I would think that was about right Dinnelasse. That way, while Rhen is off visiting her grandparents, Elen and Nikun can be welcomed aboard and shown the ropes, etc by Meri and the crew.

I'm not sure how you want me to play out Elen being a 'secret' Elf though. As she'd obviously be able to see the other ship and probably tell they were pirates, BUT she wouldn't be able to give away her secret (I'm thinking that would probably come out during the battle?) and also if the Ninglor had too much warning they could get away?

Maybe she could just tell Nikun and between them they decide that Elen should keep quiet but watch the other ship closely? But by then its too late to outrun the other ship? Or something??

Yay, I can't wait until all the characters are together!!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2009 12:42
Okay, so I need to get Azra to Dol Amroth pretty soon? Do we have a reason for him suddenly picking that ship as a ship of interest? I was hoping he could actually go into the city, maybe hear a rumor about the stone thing, lol, and become suddenly very interested in the ship...
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 20, 2009 04:51
Oh, that is a great idea! Maybe he could meet Rhen in passing and neither could suspect anything at the moment. But then later on hears the rumor from a scullery maid or someone low like that. The arrival of the Ninglor in Dol Amroth might prove to be a spectacle since Meri is captaining it.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: January 22, 2009 01:54
Oh, I'm so excited that this thread's not dead!

Spectacle? If there needs to be more than just "Oh my, is that a woman captain?" I can most certainly create one... I envision drunken docksmen meeting an angry Meri, Or a pub fight scene... Or something with Bafraim- there were hints of strife in the last couple of posts about that... (Din, check your PM's please!)

So yeah, I can create a spectacle. *grin*
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2009 12:48
Is it my turn next? I've got something nearly ready to post. I'll just get Nikun (and Elen if that's OK) onto the ship and introduced to Meri.

Gwalion knows that Rhen has a special stone. He might let something slip when he's ashore. That won't be this round though as they're still on the ship.
~Elenduriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2009 12:31
Yes it is your turn, and by all means do the introductions in your post Hainima.

And maybe with a scuffle of sorts breaking out (drunken sailors, precious stones) then maybe thats where Elen and indeed Nikun can prove their worth, by 'saving' Meri as it were and getting her safely back to the ship and therefore guarenteeing their places on her crew??

Although I'm not sure how you want members of the crew (both those being played and the 'background' characters) to react to Elen. Being an Elf she is of course not necessarily beautiful per se, but she is a sight to behold especially as the time of Elves is long gone and most Men would never have been in the presence of one....
Well its a thought to ponder I guess.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 24, 2009 05:26
That works for me, Hainima. How were you expecting to have him know? Because that would work since Rhen still has to tell Meri about in. If we bring them to an inn or something, Gwalion could follow (or 'accidentally bump' into) them there, and eavedrop on their conversation.

To follow this thought to incorporate your idea, Elen, then Rhen and Meri can walk out of the inn into a fight or something (maybe involving Gwalion? for possible future tensions), and there Nikun and Elen will show their worth.

For the crew's reaction of to an elf, I think it would be up to the individual author.

I do hope I'm not treading on anyone's ideas or involving characters where they didn't need to be, I just thought to give a possible scenario to which we may follow. If anyone else has other ideas, let's have em'!!!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2009 03:20
Okay, I'm pretty sure it's my turn now.

I was thinking about my post, and I realized that Azra couldn't actually come into the harbor. He has a "reputation," so I'm sure if he just sailed in, even just sitting in the mouth of the bay, he would be recognized, and throw the city in an uproar--not to mention unleash a battle he doesn't want to fight.

SO, if nobody cares, I'm going to have him stay hidden just before the bay, sneak across the land and walk into the city, with the men ready to make sail at a momen'ts notice...
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2009 05:42
Hey guys.
Unfortunately, I am forced by an excessive workload to end my participation in this story. I want to thank you all for the fun I had while I was here. Bafraim is up for the taking.

Thanks and a fond farewell.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: January 28, 2009 02:10
Elendil2, we'll miss you. Fond wishes go with you. Namarie.

I have discussed plottiness with Dinen, and we have a plan of action. Hainima, I hope to have Gwalion in my next post- I'll PM you the details.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: January 28, 2009 08:09
I agree with Meri. All the best, Elendil. It was great being a part of this with you.

I will begin working on my post momentarily.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 20, 2009 02:15
So it seems that we have been at a standstill right now for the past three months, but I wanted to let everyone know that Meri and I are working on a joint post right now to combine both our stories. I just got back from a trip so I'm hoping to work on it more once I'm caught up with everything.
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2009 01:25
Hooray! Welcome back.
I was worried the story was dead.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: March 20, 2009 05:05
Haha no. There is no way I am going to let this die. Things have picked up again though so hopefully we can get it out within the next couple of weeks!
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: April 25, 2009 09:13
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still around and alive! School has just been swamping me again, but I am working on a joint post with Meri, and now that classes are almost done, I will have more time to devote to this.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 06, 2009 05:39
Again, a long time has passed without a post. I apologize a great deal. But it looks like everyone is still active, and I have caught up with posts in all of my rps. The joint post between Meri and me is almost done and should be up by the end of the week. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their summers!
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2009 12:14
Hooray!

Is Elenduriel still around? I think it's her turn next and then mine.

Is Gwalion in the inn too?
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2009 04:58
Hello peoples!! So I am on a search for a new RPG to get into. I saw that yours was not that far along (comparatively speaking) and I was wondering if you could use another player. I am partial to elves but I can play a human if necessary I tend to be a more quite secretive person so I don't know how that would work. Also I am not gifted with writing long posts... I know for some people that is a problem so just let me know. I have read the first page of your story and now my eyes hurt from staring at the computer. So I will read on later.
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email