<< First45678
Author Topic:
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
Post RE: The Legacy of Ivriniel OOC
on: July 12, 2009 05:13
Eladan, check your pms please!
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2009 06:50
Here is my Character:

Name: Damrod
Weapon: dagger

Appearance: 6ft with a slim build. Black hair and green eyes. Usually wears a cloak that blend in with his surroundings. He has a dark countenance that is very unapproachable.

History: He was raised in Bree by a man who worked at the Prancing Pony. Damrod helped as he grew up but always longed to leave and see the rest of middle-earth. At 16 he left Bree and began to make his way to Rohan. He was an exceptional tracker and woodsman. He spent his time in the Prancing Pony secretly listening to "private" conversations. He was a master of stealth. He hired himself out in Rohan as a info gatherer. (For example there would be a crime and there was little evidence to accuse someone so he would go out and find the evidence.) He tired of Rohan and set his sites to Gondor. He reached Gondor at age 20. There he got involved in more shady activities. He now seeks more adventure and more dangerous missions to test himself against.
----------
I was thinking that Damrod would overhear about your mission and would become interested or he could save someone. He could be hired as a body guard.
I am open to any suggestions anyone may have. I look forward to starting!
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2009 12:22
Since it looks like Elen has dropped off CoE, I think it's my turn next. I'll get something up in the next couple of days.

(Elen, please let me know if you are still around.)
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: July 13, 2009 06:13
Eladan,

We have a data base for characters; we'd prefer that your character descriptions be placed there if you wouldn't mind.

Thank you, enjoy, carry on!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2009 11:54
I was planning on putting my guy in the database once after Dinelasse and everyone had a chance to comment. Dinelasse wanted me to post him here first. I hope that is alright... if not I will get him very fast.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2009 12:05
I like the sound of your character, Eladan. I'm also very excited to have some new blood among us.

Alternately, if anyone wants to take on a second character, I think it'd be awesome to have someone else play a "bad guy" on Azra's ship...If not, that's cool, just saying there's an opening or two if anyone wants to. Someone could easily play Azra's first mate, or the guy Azra's about to fight, or a random crew member.

About the fight, am I posting too much about stuff that doesn't really matter to the overall story? Should I just do a short conclusion of that matter and get Azra near the bay so he can sneak into the village?
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 14, 2009 06:15
I did ask Eladan to post a short sketch of his character here. My apologies, Ber.

Great beginning for a character, Eladan!! Damrod sounds like a great character, and once we get moving again, I am sure that we could come up with another plotline for everyone to get involved in while Rhen is pursuing her goal. Hainima, were you planning on bringing Tump back in? I wonder if we can do something with him and incorporate Damrod. Otherwise, a possible spy aboard Azra's ship in the future??? *laughs sneakily*

Adara, I think it is good to have some mention of the fight, but I think it's up to you if you wanted to include more about the fight. We are only in Dol Amroth at this point...where were you going to be at?
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2009 10:31
Tump aka Gwalion is still around. He's sneaking about waiting for trouble.

We could work something between Tump and Damrod.
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2009 04:04
Sounds like fun!

So should I get Damrod in the database now or do there need to be some adjustments?
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 15, 2009 05:40
Feel free to add him to the database. You can always edit him later as the thread and character progress. He's great so far!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2009 03:13
I thought I was supposed to "park" my ship (lol) outside the bay where you guys are docked (because Azra has a reputation, and as soon as his ship was spotted, people would flip), sneak over land into the city. His reasons for doing this, I never quite figured out...I thought he then got wind of the jewel thing and his greed/curiosity was peeked...you mentioned him possibly getting ahold of a crew member from your ship..

But then there was also mentioned the possiblity of you guys hitting some sort of rocky shoals out to sea later, Azra sights you and follows a little while off?

So...I can have him do whatever you want him to do...lol.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 16, 2009 09:39
True, true...

Have Azra dock as planned outside of Dol Amroth and catch a whiff of the gem as planned. Any chance that he and Rhen could run into each other as she's running around the city and watches her return to the ship?? Later on, as they hit rocks, then he could come across them and recognize the ship..........

We'll have to have them hit rocks near the coastline in shallow water though since I doubt ginormous rocks floated out at sea unless it was a small island...and according to my computer, ginormous is a word. Weird.

Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2009 06:29
yay! Damrod is in the database! Let me know when to jump in.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2009 11:07
True, true...

Have Azra dock as planned outside of Dol Amroth and catch a whiff of the gem as planned. Any chance that he and Rhen could run into each other as she's running around the city and watches her return to the ship?? Later on, as they hit rocks, then he could come across them and recognize the ship..........

We'll have to have them hit rocks near the coastline in shallow water though since I doubt ginormous rocks floated out at sea unless it was a small island...and according to my computer, ginormous is a word. Weird.

Aye, aye, cap'n. And,...this is really lame, but...Rhen is the girl with the jewel, right? >_>
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2009 03:24
Hey I just had a REALLY random thought just now and I was thinking Damrod could be on Azra's ship... now I am not sure if I should be on the ship in secret or if Azra hired me and I decided it would be more interesting to help the other group. OR, you could have everyone run into some kind of trouble and Damrod provides an escape route. Those are just some of my random thoughts, you all can do whatever you like with them.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 17, 2009 06:07
Aye, aye mon capitan! Rhen is the girl with the jewel!

What would you feel better about doing, Eladan? Would you rather be with Azra or try to find an escape route?
~Elenduriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2009 08:17
That was a great post Din and Meri, you work well together.

I am still here and very glad this is on the move again (although it means getting used to the dark screen and white text again lol)

I know I am due to post next but if Hainima has already worked on something then I don't want to jump in and mess up anything already planned. If you could let me know whether it would be ok to go ahead and post or wait until after Hainima posts please? Then I can get somethng up this coming week.

[Edited on 18/7/2009 by ~Elenduriel~]
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2009 09:12
I think I will go with the escape route because being on Azra's ship is complicated to work out.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 20, 2009 05:34
Elen, I would pm Hainima and see what she says. Maybe a joint post between you two?? It is sooo good to have everyone back again and to have someone new among us!!

I'm not sure where an escape route would come in handy at this point. How about another village raid later on? Even better, thinking a little farther ahead, after the Ninglor becomes beached on shore, Azra and his men could attack the village the crew is staying at in hopes of capturing someone to find out more information. What do you all think?

How were you thinking of introducing Damrod, Eladan? I think the best position for you to post would be after Hainima so we could keep the "good guys" together. Adara, would you mind at all if Eladan went before you?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2009 07:37
I'm cool with Eladan going before me.

It would be entirely possible for Azra to attack said village. Not entirely certain on this, they didn't have cannons back then...from what I remember they had ballistae (sp?) right?
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2009 08:18
Okay so I looked at where the story left off and it seems like you all are in a tavern. I was thinking I would have Damrod see the confrontation between your group and the guy at the entrance to the tavern. Damrod would become curious as to why three women and a man were traveling together. He also heard the part about Rhen being related to the prince. Thus he follows you all into the tavern and listens in on your conversation and he becomes interested in your mission and as you all leave the tavern he will follow you out... from there we could have that guy(the one in front of the tavern) cause some more trouble and Damrod could help...

That was what I was thinking so far, but I am open to more suggestions!
Hainima
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2009 12:43
Hi,

I've pm'ed Elen. I'm going to be away for a week, so I've suggested she goes ahead and posts as I don't think there's time to work a joint post before I leave.
I'll follow her post.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 25, 2009 05:35
Sounds like a pretty conventional way to join the action, Eladan! It works perfectly well for me.

Bar brawl anyone? Haha, should we bring in the ex-soldier as well? Might as well blow things out of proportion a little bit!
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2009 10:24
Bar brawl! wahoo

EDIT: Who should I post after??

[Edited on 25/7/2009 by Eladan]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 25, 2009 01:51
You'll post after Hainima and before Adara.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2009 06:24
Okay, so I'm after Eladan, right?
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: July 27, 2009 08:07
Whatever the order, don't leave the tavern. Meri has some things to deal with there... I'm not giving away anything, but it's MAJOR for plot. So, your Captain has spoken. Don't leave the bar.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 28, 2009 03:39
Yes, you'll post after Eladan, Adara.

Well, Rhen can't leave without her cousin, now can she?
~Elenduriel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2009 08:43
I will try to get my post up over the weekend so we can get this all moving.

Also don't forget that you do have an armed Elf with you (even if you don't yet know she's an Elf!) so Elen would be rather active in a bar brawl situation.
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: July 29, 2009 06:29
So would Mer, being the granddaughter of Eowyn, and all... *plotplotplotplotplot* :evil: Still not sayin' what's going down, but it'll be a shocker, folks! And you made a good point, Dinen. She *can't* really leave without the cousin. lol!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2009 09:48
Does Azra need to be present for the bar brawl/shocker or not? I can have it either way (skip the fight scene, and the coming ashore, pick up with him in town).
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: July 29, 2009 01:30
Rhen only has two daggers and no true love of fighting...how will she protect herself??? :/

Adara, you don't have to join the bar scene if you don't want to.

Personally, I think the fight scene within the enemies would show more of Azra's character. One possibility, however, is backtrack a day or so, have the fight scene, and come upon Dol Amroth the same morning (depending on how far out you are). If we time the fight correctly (I believe that we are past midday, maybe 2 or so), then that would give Azra enough time to moor in the harbor, send your minions out, and possibly witness the end of the bar scene. Maybe that's pushing it a bit timewise, but if you wanted to tackle it all in one post, then you can mention seeing the party with the rest of our characters.

Then would come the encounter between Rhen and Azra...

Thus,

1) The Ninglor arrives in Dol Amroth in the morning; Azra arrives in the early afternoon (if you are near enough---Azra's fight has already occurred).

2) The 'goodies' are in the tavern talking: "Yadda yadda yadda" (Damrod overhears)

3) All Valinor breaks loose (cause of fight??). A little punching here, a little sword-play there.

4) The fight ends. The 'goodies' leave, and Rhen goes to visit her grandparents for info (possibility Meri would want to come with??).

5) Azra witnesses the end of the fight and the woman(en) going off and either a) merely observes with a "hey, how ya' doin'?' sort of thing or b) a more involved conversation.

This is only an idea but a rough outline of what is to come.

*~*~*~*~*

On a more serious note, I have looked into exactly when this thread takes place by tracing the lines of Dol Amroth from Adrahil as well as using Rhen's age and making up when her parents and paternal grandparents were born. For our purposes, this thread occurs in the year 94 of the Fourth Age.

Interestingly, the current Prince of Dol Amroth, Alphros, dies in FA 95, a year from now. I haven't thought it out yet, but this could lead to some more ideas in the future, especially since Tolkien does not list an heir for him...........

Well, those are all of my thoughts for now!

Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2009 05:28
Wow Dinelasse! Great overview I think I have a good idea how to introduce Damrod!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2009 08:46
Okay, so, to double check and verify I understood you right...In my next post,

Azra will:

1.) Wrap up the fight scene on board his ship

2.) Pull up just around the corner from the bay where the Ninglor is docked

3.) Sneak into town

4.) Enter said tavern just as the fight is wrapping up

5.) This is where I'm confused...Does he talk to Rhen and/or Meri, or talk to someone else ABOUT them and hear rumors of the jewel...???
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: August 03, 2009 04:27
It would be easiest if he heard about the gem and the gals from talking to another person. I mentioned earlier that Azra knew about the gem and that he was searching for it. Did you want him to know about the jewel before Dol Amroth, or do you want this to be the first he's heard about it? If the latter, I will edit the post from before.

Otherwise, you have the gist right.

Should we still have the parties meet before taking off from Dol Amroth or do we want to scrap that idea for now?
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email