Register

<< First1516171819Last >>
Author Topic:
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Welcome-chitchat
on: July 21, 2008 05:22
hello all...i'm back...again... from trek...and i'm really tired! :yawn: ok...so are we still talking about fanfics and what-not? i'm to lazy to read the posts :blush:

and before i go...i just have to say that Wyoming is the worst place in all of arda to live! we got eaten alive by mosquitos, sunurned to extremes(and it still hurts :dizzy: ) and don't get me started about how bad the weather/wind is... ok...i just had to get that out...sorry :blush:
Give me a horse and watch me fly!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2008 11:29
That's ok, 7hot, just let it out... et: :hug: I am happy to see you around and you can put some honey and aloe on the sunburns to help them heal faster. I might have found something for mosquito-bites, but I haven't yet gotten sure, so I will not tell you yet. If i find that it works as it should, then I will tell you. I did it first time today, on an itchy spot, but i haven't been able to confirm it to be a bite that was itching.

Yes, dear Lothara, but they are counted as a part of your letter, muinthel nín. :hug: :heart:
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: July 21, 2008 11:55
Hi again all...
Raina, I got your letter today ^ ^ I'll start writing a reply tomorrow, as I have to make use of my current writing mood.. I just wanted to say I :love: your story *sniffles, moved*

7Hot I feel for you, my Yellowstone experience in Wyoming was also spoiled by weather.. although it was the constant rain rather than sunshine back then.. Seems the weather in Wyoming is rather mischievous! et:
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2008 05:24
the weather in wyoming is more than mischievous...is downright EVIL! i spent the first night with the tent down on my face due to the wind...anyway...so trek was fun except dragging a handcart with all our stuff in it, in the wyoming weather...

i haven't been able to try the honey on the sunburn yet...we don't have any currently...but next time i get a sunburn and have honey...i'll give it a go. btw: what is it about the honey that help the burn so much? just curious... :blush:
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2008 09:06
Oh rats...CoE somehow went l;kadsjglks and exited it out..and I had a long message...time to rewrite it! *is complaining*

I know some years back I had sunburn (first time and currently last time I've had it) and my nanneth put this cream on my arms to take the pain/itch away. It worked. It had honey and aloe in it, so I can see why you say that works muinthel nin Raina

I know how you feel 7hot...I had a similar experience at Tahquamenon falls in the Upper Peninsula...never go there!...only we did not go camping...Let me just say that there are mosquitoes and ticks galore...Now I'm terrified of ticks...

And I am waiting for the letter to arrive muinthel nin! I know I had a dream last night and one came...although, nothing arrived for me today (yet) So, I will check tomorrow before I go to friend's for her b-day
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2008 02:39
Lothara, muinthel nín, i haven't yet been able to send it. It takes some time, since you wanted many pictures, and one extra that I promised you.

I am happy that you liked the story, Nólemë! :hug: I thought you would! And I loved being so mischievous on Mandos... LOL! especially as I by that made others happy! :love: :heart:

Now... some less happy news. I am starting to get severe computer problems... I don't know for how much longer I will be able to be online. If any of my friends who haven't got my address would like to remain in touch with me, let me know through a pm, and I will give it to you. I could actually do so in here, as I am not afraid of getting nasty people's letters. They are good to use when one wants to make up a fire... :evil: Just kidding... As I said, i am not worried, but I know that others worry on my behalf, so... to keep everyone relieved, that will be through a pm. If my computer goes out before I get a chance to reply to any pm:s, then maybe one of my other friends are willing to give it to you? (If any of you are, let the others know, please.)

With love and many hugs
Raina

PS. I forgot to say: 7hot, honey is killing bacteria as well as being a moisture-keeper. That is why it is so good for burns.

[Edited on 24/7/2008 by raina_alassë]
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2008 09:09
O-O...wow...that's a nifty little fact. and now that my endless curiosity has been satisfied...i will have to go put some on the sunburn the nasty Wyoming sun gave me...:naughty:

i do hope your computer gets fixed soon...i remember when our computer went out for about three months. i was a little :killcomp: :rolling: and :twitch: by the time we got it back...

and speaking of letters, i did send yours to you raina...i have no idea if it made it to you though...:blush:
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2008 11:59
*sniff* I'll wait patiently for the letter mellon nin If I were you, I'de try and get the computer fixed...or put on a virus scan or something, it could help...(last year before I joined CoE, our computer had 60 viruses...not fun)

And I almost got sun burnt while I was at my buddykin's house...but I had fun though
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2008 12:30
Well, to start with the computer. It isn't fixable. And I cannot get another one, it is too expensive.... So... Only option will be to stay in touch through letters.
...And thanks, 7hot, I look forward to it!

Be careful with the sun, 7hot, and stay away from it while you are healing. Remain in the shadow, as the heat - even if you burned parts are covered - will make it worse. And my best to you in healing! And ask your father to send me a recipe of his pear-jam, will you? It sounds very delicious, and I am eager to make my own. But I've forgotten to ask you about the recipe... :blush:

:hug: to you all - big, strong and warm ones... I will miss you!
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2008 05:07
Atleast we can keep intouch That's all that matters...

LOL...I love to cook! It is fun! Especially the breads...lembas bread is good...LOL My face is slightly red due to being out in the sun too long with my buddykin...LOL
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2008 01:56
More who needs that honey/aloe thing then... :naughty:

Yes, lembas is sooooooo delicious! :drool:

I hope that you will all help Gondolin out to keep this thread running so that the newbies can get to know the wonderful people that are in here! You are all warm, wonderful, caring and very, very sweet and I really think that this thread is a good start for all those who come here. Some are, after all, more shy than others, and this is a relaxed way for them to get to know us and feel more secure around here.

My computer hasn't yet crashed - as you all noticed - and I am happy for that. I hope this will last long enough for me to get enough LotR stationary for private use and maybe for some letters too... :love:

I have been sick (I do feel better, but I am not yet well) and my younger sister is moving and needs my help as well, so it might take some time to get any replies from me. (When my computer is dead, I will inform my friends so they can let all of you know.)

For now, navaer/namárië/farewell - until next time I am online.
Hugs to everyone! :hug:
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2008 02:34
Hello my dear good friend, Raina,nice to see you. Are you using another computer?Take care of yourself and hope you'll be feeling well soon

Dimple:heart:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: August 05, 2008 05:46
Hi Dimple, it's been ages :wave: how are you? And how is your daughter doing? Haven't heared from her in ages either.
Am I reading that right Raina, did you misspell my name?

Many greetings to all, it's nice to have people visit here and catch up with newbies from time to time, though it wouldn't hurt if more actual newbies joined as well .

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2008 06:14
I'm sure that Raina is using her same computer Dimple...

Yes, it looked like she spelled your name wrong Gondolinian

And I can help you print out some stationary if need be Raina :heart: I got enough ink...and paper... And I've made some of my own too...which you will see in my next letter
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2008 02:40
HI Gondolinian! :wave:
You're right it's been ages since the last time I talked to you!
I'm doing fine, busy as always in the garden when it doesn't rain.This summer I'm working 2 days a week in an ''Auberge'' where I used to work before.I'm making a little bit of pocket money, so I can buy more books and spoiled my family, especially Linwe! She is doing fine too she is starting her second year at university in English litterature,she comes once and a while here but not as much as she used to.She is not living with us, she still in the university residence because her summer work is near and I miss her terribly, but that's life right!

Always a pleasue to talk to you,
I'll see you around, take care
Dimple:heart:
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2008 12:39
Well well well talking about me aren't we? But for your info Errandir, I'm doing quite well, as my mom well informed you (And yeah, it's been ages, how have you been doing?)

Dimple!!! On the welcome chitchat thread??? Am I dreming??? It's nice to have you posting here though

Raina! Good to see you online again mellon nin! You're right, it's time to revive this thread :disco: *brings out Lembas* Gald to know you're feeling better.

And now I must leave you all ,for I feel the call of Heroes (I just got the dvds of the first season and it's about as addictive as anime)
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2008 05:56
Love seeing you!
Oops, Gondolinian... Seems like I did, doesn't it? :blush:

My computer hasn't yet died on me, but it is getting there, my dear and very beloved friend, Hobbit Lady Dimple! :hug:
Hi there, Linwë! :hug: It is really great to see you as well, mellon nín! :heart:

Awwwwwwww, Lothara :hug: That is so incredible sweet of you, muinthel nín! :love:

I will pop by as long as my computer isn't dead... How long it will take, I do not know. Not that long is my sad guess. Anyway, as long as it works, it is a pleasant surprise and I swirl by! :hug: I am so happy to see you all! :hug:
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2008 06:01
Linwe, I must be improving with age

HI Raina!

Errandir, I forgot to ask you how you were doing?
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2008 08:27
Wow, Legolas is popular in my random block today!

Anyhow, I'll be glad to help muinthel nin

Nice to meet you Dimple :wave:
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2008 11:05
hullo all! i'm back...we got our computer fixed finally! anywhos'...what are we talking about?

btw: greeting dimple! i'm 7hot..nice to meet you! :wave:
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2008 12:25
It seems that right now we are rejoicing about the end of certain computer problems (or the temporary end of them ... really I think these things have a mind of their own and work only when they want to. Like the server back in cegep always went down on mid term week...), reviving the thread, which has been very quiet lately and welcoming Dimple to our wonderful thread of randomness It's ironic though that the newbies never post here and the only people we see is the older members (hmmm... are we that scary?)
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2008 01:45
LOL Who knows, we probably are :evil: :naughty: :rolling: :cheers: :twitch: :killcomp: :sob: :banghead: hee hee hee...
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2008 07:21
randomness rules!

i agree with lothara...we probably are really whacked... especially with the :naughty: and the :twitch: and the :killcomp: and most of all the :evil: .... :naughty:

we really are nice newbies (who might by some freak accident read this... ) here...i'll bang my head on the wall if you come talk to us! :banghead: (i couldn't find another way to fit that smiley in)
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2008 02:20
Yeah we should advertise the thread somehow... As Lothara and 7_hot said, we are pretty whacked but we're still nice people. So newbies, if any of you are reading this, fear us not! I wonder what we can do to actually make them stay on the forum. Because as it is, it seems they post a few words in the introduction thread and run away.

Oh well... randomness rules! :disco:
(mwhahaha!!!:evil:)
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2008 06:20
Now, now, beloved friends of mine, let us not scare the poor ones away. They just managed to find this adorable site and are trying to find their ways in. As I said before, if we are asked why we are whacked, we can only reply as such: we were born and from there, everything just escalated. :naughty:

But we are indeed also: very nice, warm-hearted and sweet! So... Let us all give every newbie who manages to find this room, a really warm welcome!

:hug: - that was one in advance to anyone (even oldie) that happens to read this post...

PS. Hi there, all wonderful friends of mine! :hug: It is kind of funny... With exception of Gondolinian, I am actually exchanging letters with each and every one of you... :love:

[Edited on 8/8/2008 by raina_alassë]
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2008 09:07
That's great Raina! You're my only CoE penpal though, the rest I have met through livejournal and other penpalling sites. Well, if anyone else wants to exchange letters let me know!

And of course we won't scare the newbies away! (if one of them eventually finds his way here of course), we are proud whackos, but we are very friendly ones too!

:hug: to everyone!
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2008 10:01
raina is my only pen pal... i would have more...but i struggle writing people back :blush: ah well...

we should advertise...um, how exactly would we do that? i'm not good at "commercial schemes" and such... :banghead:
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2008 12:48
Raina, you are my only penpal also, although, we don't just write to eachother...
We may advertise by posting in the threads that are topped...or in the Green Dragon Inn or something...
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2008 11:05
Why not in the Newbies Introduction thread here at Newbies?

And 7hot, no need to help me out, by the way, when it comes to the letter. I just have to remember what I wrote... :blush: Can you just send me an e-mail with the text, please? I will keep it in books hereafter, so I won't have to ask you again... LOL!

You are all a wonderful gang to be exchanging letters with, and you are right, Lothara. We do more than just exchange letters.

And it is so much fun exchanging letters! Just be patient with me, please. I am going through a sleep-all-day-while-also-being-half-dead-all-night-period. I need incredibly much rest this period. I will eventually get out of it.
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2008 12:52
Don't worry Raina, write when you can Be sure to rest and we'll all be looking forward to your letter when you get better.

But yes there is a lot more to letters than what it seems. I've been into penpalling for almost a year now and I didn't think I would like it this much! It's a very fun experience and I met some really great people through it
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: August 09, 2008 01:04
Why not in the Newbies Introduction thread here at Newbies? - sounds like an excellent idea Some of my friends here might want to say hello to my little sister there, who joined recently? She's rather shy, CoE being the first foreign site she's ever joined, so I'd be grateful if one or two of the nice folks here welcomed her too Btw, thank you for the welcome 7 Hot, my sis was excited by your kind words!

Aw, I'm afraid my long PMs don't exactly make your days less work-filled Raina... Just tell me if I'm rambling on too much..

lol, we ought to make a thread called Raina & Friends... seeing we're all Raina's penpals here
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2008 06:08
pen-pal-ing is fun! i love getting stuff in the mail oh btw...i got your letter mailed today!

i'll be more than happy to pm your sis noleme! and of course i'll welcome her nice..i was a little bit shy as well when i first came here. Raina kind of pulled me out though! :hug: thanks Raina! btw: i take your sis is a feanorian fan noleme?

raina & friends...sounds like this forum...until we get some actual newbies that is... :rolleyes:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: August 09, 2008 11:53
For some strange reason it appears I've not been checking this thread for a few days... :nono: bad sign, I guess it's the vacation that finally kicks in . Had my internship for the last 5 weeks, now I finally can enjoy a few weeks of rest after a tiring exam session and the internship. All in all I'm doing ok, if you ignore the fact that my family-life is like a warzone .
Great to see so many people here, and great to see you are all networking! Keep up the good work . And greetings to your little sis Nolemë! :wave:

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2008 12:46
Raina and friends, what a great idea!

I'll see if I can pm your sister too Noleme I guess I was rather shy when I first came on this forum in... 2004?! (4 years already!) I gradually started posting and pming people. CoE was my first forum and the only one I'm still on now
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2008 09:06
I love recieving letters in the mail, but that happens not too often... Me and Raina's letters are usually long...like my last one that was over 10 pages...hehe...I do get the occasional 'Band' updates for school and things from John Flanagan...but, all in all, I love having her as a penpal
...I've been a member of CoE for almost a year...it is also the first forum I joined and I'm glad...I also get on the RA one occasionally
I'll gladly be friends with your little sis Noleme What's her username?
<< First1516171819Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email