Register

<< First1617181920Last >>
Author Topic:
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Post RE: Welcome-chitchat
on: August 11, 2008 09:27
Thanks Lothara (and Gondolinian and Linwe)! Her username is Morifinwë, as she's a Fëanorean fan like me ^ ^
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2008 10:53
My pleasure, 7hot! Raina and friends?
*bursts out laughing* I love it! :love: But it would soon involve half of CoE, wouldn't it? (Just kidding...)

Indeed, I'll be happy to congratulate your sis, Nólemë! And to all my penpals: Thank you so much for being patient with me, letting me get well first. And Nólemë, don't shorten your pm:s... I love them and together with the others' pm.s they light up my day. :hug:

CoE isn't the first website I've been to, but it is the one I love the most. Because the people in here are so wonderful, warm, welcoming, sweet, caring, loving, compassionate, friendly... I could make that list go on forever... Thanks all!

Warzone, G? *gasps* I hope it will soon sort out...
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2008 11:11
i do hope things sort out soon Lord G. :hug:

John Flanagan...is he the one who wrote the Ranger's Apprentice series? i just started reading those...they awsome! (if it's the same person, tell him his books are awsome for me)

i must say noleme, your sis is pretty cool! she's the only person i know who doesn't like Finrod... it's kinda cool (although i don't mind finrod myself :rolleyes:
Give me a horse and watch me fly!
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2008 01:21
Yes, the same John Flanagan who wrote the RA series...I just happen to be friends with him :blush: Don't ask me for spoilers about the future books though!
LOL Raina and friends sounds like a great idea!
CoE is not the first website I've been to...that would probably be google, or something of the sort...LOL
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2008 06:58
wow! that's pretty cool! as for me, i wouldn't dream of asking for spoilers it would ruin all the fun of reading the books!

CoE is the first lotr website i went to i was trying to find out the name of these cute elf guys(gil galad, haldir and ororphin)

:banghead: :twitch:... sorry i just felt like using those smileys :blush:
Drystan_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2008 03:48
HI! :evil: :drool: :naughty: :disco: :rolling: :cheers: :wave: :hug: :angel:

EDIT: please keep in mind that according to the forum rules (that you can find here and the first post made by me in this thread) it is not allowed to make single-line posts! So just saying 'hi', 'ok', or posting smiley's is not allowed! I have kept this post cause it would otherwise mess up the storyline of this thread, but keep in mind that all new posts made like this WILL be deleted!
Errandir of Gondolin,
newbies moderator.

[Edited on 15/8/2008 by gondolinian]
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2008 08:44
greetings drystan elf! :wave: nice to see a newbie on the newbies forum! i take it you like the smileys?... i do to! especially this one :banghead: and :naughty:

so where ya from? i'm from utah (usa)
Drystan_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2008 09:57
Yes, I likey smileys :evil:
I'm kind of keeping where I'm from private right now, if you can understand
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2008 12:35
Have my eyes decieved me??

Is that a newbie that I see before me?? (Oooooh!)

Welcome Drystan Elf! :wave: It's actually quite nice to see a real newbie posting here.

And yay for smileys!:evil: :disco: :twitch: :naughty:
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2008 01:30
Nice to see you around Drystan! Or, as I like to call you, Oakley!
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
Drystan_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2008 02:40
Yes, I am a newbie round here! So, no, your eyes have not decieved you.
*Runs up to Loth and gives her a huge Skandian bear huggle!*

[Edited on 13/8/2008 by Drystan_elf]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: August 14, 2008 10:30
Glad to see newbies joining us, this IS the newbies-forum after all .
Sadly I have to remind all again that this is a forum, NOT a chat-box. Of course you can talk to each other here, but keep the rules in mind: no single-line posting, or stating 'I'll be back in a minute' or something similar. It has no use posting such things and they will be deleted, to keep the thread understandable and interesting for everyone.
Thanks for keeping that in mind!

Errandir of Gondolin,
newbies moderator
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2008 12:39
Be greeted Drystan Elf! It is nice to see a new face in here!

Seems to me, Lothara, that you have found yet another RA-reader. And I agree with you, 7hot, they are really fantastic those books.

Well then, Drystan, as you said a Skandian hug, you'll be thought of as a Skandian then. I myself am from Sweden, Imladris, Aman or whatever Elven place you'd prefer upon this Elf.
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2008 03:48
I already know her Raina And yes, she loves RA too! I got her into the series...The Skandians are characters in Ranger's Apprentice that are based on the Scandinavians...And Hello Raina! Nice to see you here!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2008 10:46
Well, muinthel nín, as long as my computer hasn't given up on me yet, but the problems are getting worse... *sighs deeply* Oh... And a warm hug in your direction, my dear sisterly friend! :hug:

Based on the Scandinavians? Muinthel nín, it doesn't say much about them in the first book, does it? I really cannot remember anything like that. I do recall that you have spoken about the Scandians though...
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2008 02:45
i'm about two chapters into the second book...i haven't had time to read since school is starting on monday :sob:

oh...and i just found out that our library only has the first four of the RA series...grrrr...

i do hope you computer get fixed soon! i know how the impending doom of crashing feels... it's horrible...

Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2008 02:59
The Skandians are mainly in books 2-7...but who know's about 8 besides Flanagan himself...and the editors, so I have nooooo idea about the Skandians in that book...So, Raina, when you read book 2, you'll hear more about them *Returns the hug*
and 7hot, I have to buy all the books, my library doesn't have any I'd like to read! And the one's I like, I already own... And in America 7hot, there are only 4 out...the 5th is comming out Nov 4th. While in Australia book 8 is comming out Nov 3rd, which is funny...
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2008 05:41
the good books always come out last in America! ah well... i'll have to get them off the internet...or just wait patiently for the rest to come out

our library is weird...they always have the 2nd and 3rd of a series or trilogy...but the first is always unavailable :banghead:

Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2008 02:03
Our library has none of the good books...MEH! :cry: No RA, no Hobbit, No Two Towers, No Beleriand, No histories of Middle-earth, None by Garth Nix, and No David Eddings :cry: Yours is most likely better than mine :rolleyes:
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2008 07:46
well...maby in some ways...but that's only because they have to take care of picky people like me. like those ones that call in and say' hey! why in arda don't we have this book! go out and buy it for me!! " jk... well...hugs anyway :hug: maybe your library will get them someday (soon )
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2008 11:42
*giggles*
Knowing how often Lothara rereads books, she might as well buy them herself! Or there will be no opportunity for others at the library to read them...

I look forward to read each book, Lothara! I'll ask the couple i told you about, what the Australian versions would cost me. Maybe my mother will agree to get them for me, or maybe I'll one day get such an opportunity myself.
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2008 12:34
Yeah...the library doesn't have TTT, but it has FotR and RotK...that's just wrong... And I doubt the library will...every single book I want is never there, so I have to go out in buy them...and I need to buy the rest of the Garth Nix books because I'm dying...I need to know how it ends! MEH! :cry: I only bought books 1-3 last time...and there are 6 or 7 of them...MEH! Oh...the RA Australian versions aren't that much...but the shipping taxes may be And I'm already dying for book 8 thanks to Flanagan telling me some of the things that will be revealed without telling me exactically what they were...MEH! :cry: Yeah...I'm picky with books too...anywho, hugs! :hug: I'm suprised...this is a very long message...Did anyone see the cover for book 8 yet? It is awesome :disco: I was acting like I had tons and tons of chocolate, although, I had none! And I was running around the yard like a ranger! Only, forgetting about consealing myself...just had my longbow in my right hand and the cloak over myself...yep...the typical me...yes I'm insane...they have the RA books in Swedish, so you can see if they are there...only books 1-4 are out for you though...but anyhow, I'm enjoying writing a long paragraph about books and randomess, and most of all...about Ranger's Apprentice! Anyhow...hope you can get them Raina! Hope you find a good book at your library 7hot...now, for some strawberries :drool:
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2008 12:45
wow...you sound very hyper lothara

i didn't find a good book yet...but i did find some good soundtracks to listen to! strawberries sound great!

well...i'm not going to typ long...i'm very tired. i just got back from a quick camping trip...and i spent all day climbing trees, playing in the river, and petting cute "wild" animals... *dreamy sigh* it was wonderful...
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2008 04:37
I was *clears throat* sorry...chocolate :evil:
I need to get the Seventh Tower books 4-6...I'm stuck at three and I'm dying to know what happens to Tal! :cry:
Glad you had a great time at the camping trip...I haven't been camping since last year...and that was in the back yard...
Araluen_Ranger
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2008 01:17
oh yeah i forgot you were a chocloholic lothara lol
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2008 01:20
Hugs right back, and hugs to you all! :hug:

The backyard isn't all bad when one is camping, Lothara! I spent my childhood camping for about a week each sunny year in my grandparents' backyard.

And... Chocolates, Lothara? Is there anything left now? And I too hope to get the books. I keep this post very brief as I am off to bed. It is really late and I feel brain-dead...

And... Hi there, Araluen! :wave:
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2008 09:00
ooo...chocolate? is there any left? :naughty: i happen to be a choclaholic as well! :evil:

the tower books? are they good...i should see if i could find them as well...

i did alot of camping when i was little...but then things just got expensive...so we had to start backyard camplng.it was fun! and very convienient when one had to relieve themselves...
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2008 11:20
HI ARALUEN RANGER!
That's the only place I have camped...Yep...the great back yard
Yes, there is still some chocolate cake left...it's downstairs in the kitchen
Yes, the Seventh Tower books are good! I need the last three...I'm dying here! But, I have to wait until we go to the bookstore (the big one) again...
Araluen_Ranger
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2008 02:17
oh sorry lothara i dont think i told you i was in arkansas for 10 days. but im back now
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2008 02:57
So we've all been camping in the back-yards, huh? We have more in common than first sight can tell... :naughty:

Welcome back, Araluen! :wave:

Well... Time for me to log off (after checking some e-mails). Hugs to everyone! :hug:
Araluen_Ranger
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2008 05:04
thanks its great to be back
i had so much fun there
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2008 12:53
so what did ya do in arkansas araluen? i have a "friend" (more of an aquaintence cause i don't like him very much...) that's going there for awhile on a mission...

i love campng in the backyard (although having a forest and a river nearby is pretty sweet)...we even have this giant fire pit so we can toast "mallows" (my own special word for marshmallows)
Hravan
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2008 01:35
*pokes head in*

Did someone say CAMPING?! :love:

*pitches her tent, builds the fire, climbs into her sleeping-bag and starts toasting the vegan marshmallows* Image

Anyone want one?

I love camping... Been camping since I was 6 weeks old I have camped in my back garden a few times but now back garden camping is mainly for sleepovers at my friends' houses.... Camping in my back garden now involves getting the tent peed on by the dogs and playing dodge the poop during the night...
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2008 02:17
I haven't camped in my yard since last year! It's not a good idea to today because it is a bit overcast and I think it's going to rain...
Araluen...empty your PM box, it is full...I can't reply to anything. And no You did not tell me that you would be away...anyhow, I'm still glad you're back!
When I camp in the back yard, I pitch the tent (or my dad does) somewhat in the forest...right by the firepit...so, I think it is (the area) perfect for camping The only thing is, in the middle of the night, my cat will bat the tent and meow to enter...he must have said 'friend'...

Araluen_Ranger
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2008 11:00
so what did ya do in arkansas araluen? i have a "friend" (more of an aquaintence cause i don't like him very much...) that's going there for awhile on a mission...

well i went to my grandparents and they live on the lake so there is a GREAT view.
my grandpa had a few recurve bows i shot for hours at a time.
i shot my dads pellet gun (from when he was a kid)
went out on the lake with a crazy french lady.
went out to a small cliff where we could climb and jump off (we went with a pro fisherman in his speed boat(some other boat tried to race us and we just sped up to 50mph and shot right ahead))
we also went fishing a lot
and went to a cavern, i went on the dripstone tour
it was amazing!!!!!!!

[Edited on 28/8/2008 by Araluen_Ranger]

[Edited on 29/8/2008 by gondolinian]
<< First1617181920Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email