<< First1718192021
Author Topic:
Araluen_Ranger
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Welcome-chitchat
on: September 30, 2008 02:41
hey lothara! sorry i havent been on in a while
my sister got her braces tightened and had to live off of soupp for 3 days.(she enjoyed the soup)
i had braces in 4th grade and trust me soup is your friend
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2008 03:30
I'm sick of soup! So, I suffered the pain while eating pizza
No, the braces aren't new, but I'm getting them off earlier than they thought!
I can stay serious, but I have that huge humour in me
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2008 06:31
Lothara, you are indeed much Mirkwood and have Noldor-parts as well! And great news that they will come out sooner! :hug: Congratulations! :cheers: :disco:

Such book sounds terrific, Linwe! I wish there were such a book! Hmmm... :naughty:

[Edited on 3/10/2008 by raina_alassë]
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2008 04:04
RAINA and LINWE;I agree with you about the Elves and I will welcome a book about their culture and their day to day lives.It will fascinate me..a lot.

LOTHARA: Poor thing,I am so sorry about the pain :hug:

LINWE: You're a mixture of Elf, Hobbit, Dwarf and Ranger and when they all come together....we have fireworks

Nice day all
Dimple:heart:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2008 05:57
I feel meh... I will stay away from the Forums for some time. I'll remain in PM and e-mails, though. But perhaps not every day, but I'll pop in for sure.

See you!
With love
Raina

(No, Gondolinian, you had nothing to do with it. Keep up the good work.)
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2008 12:17
Awww! It seems you've been attacked by the Meh Monster Raina :hug: It happens to me too and I find what really helps eating lots of chocolate and listening to metal. I know you're not a metal fan, but chocolate always helps ... and funny anime too! Anyway take it easy and I hope you defeat the Meh Monster soon!
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2008 01:26
I'm part Ranger too! Ask my buddykin John Flanagan about that
Dimple, atleast I'm getting them out in about half a year instead of another one and a half...
I'll miss you Raina, but, of course, they're still emails and PMs...and which I have to anwser...but I have not been online much this week, and I will remain for next week because of something, which is sad and meh...but, I remain optimistic
To keep me optimistic, I have laughter, chocolate, classical music (I don't care for metal either, or anime, I used to like anime though...) and a nice funny movie sometimes...or reading a good book, in which, I want to do...and I just got 5 new books this week...ohhhh I can't wait to finish them! And the Ranger's Apprentice book 8 is comming out November 3rd, in which, I'm glad I won't be at school that day...I can read it more (thank you dentist appointment!...it's not the orthadontist, and my dentist gives me chocolate flavoured toothpaste! they know me well :evil: )
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2008 02:59
Books help me a lot too. Now it's more lighter things like music or anime, because being a literature student, I get my share of books and I just want to do something else than read once in a while But I consider that's it's because of Tolkien's books that I got through my teenage years in one piece

And chocolate falvoured toothpaste??!!! :drool: Lucky you! I've never seen that in stores though... would be nice!

[Edited on 5/10/2008 by Linwe_Saralonde]
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2008 03:41
the chocolate flavoured toothpaste is what the dentists use on my teeth at the dentist office, so, no, I do not buy it at the store I have to have that mint flavour that they all do at the store
Well, I'm not yet in college are I? nope...still going through teenage highschool years...so, I don't have as much time to read as I would like...and other things I'd do to cheer myself up is play Lord of the Rings video games I love them :love: I own all of them
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: October 16, 2008 07:50
I am sorry to announce that I will close this thread down and in time move it to the newbie-archives.
This thread was created for newbies to come and talk a bit with older members before they stepped into the big world that our forums are, but in the last few months only the same people have been posting. All those people are older members, newbies hardly join in. I suspect the reason might very well be that they are scared off by some of the posts, it's hard for them to follow the conversation when stepping in in the middle of them. There also have been some problems with off-topic posts.
All those things are reason enough for me to close the thread.
For the ones who will miss chitchatting: there are similar threads in other forums, for instance in the Prancing Pony.

Greetings,

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
<< First1718192021
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email