<< First1718192021
Author Topic:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Post RE: Welcome-chitchat
on: September 17, 2008 08:15
Hi Dimple, been a while since I last saw you too I hope everything is ok with you, the garden and the teenager...oh wait, when they go to uni they're called 'adults' right??
Have a nice day (you too btw Raina, it's been a while:wave: )!

Err

[Edited on 17/9/2008 by gondolinian]
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2008 10:48
*curtsies low to heruvinlië Gondolinian*
Greetings, m'lord! Nice to see you too!

Dimple!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :heart: :disco:

I have actually kept myself busy, my beloved Hobbit Lady! :hug: :love: I have been sewing, among things and much needed jacket for my oldest son. And a much needed second winter dress for myself... :rolleyes: But I have finally started to become well enough to write again! Yay! :disco: So, I will most likely write you a letter this week! Oh, and do you still have the link to my account at photbucket? I have added photoes there showing my beloved and precious sons! And another photo of myself as well.

I have missed you a lot too, and I have been very sad for not being able to write the letters earlier... :cry:

Have a wonderful day, my dear Hobbit lady! :hug: And I'll do my best to drop you a note as soon as possible! Send Marie my regards as well! :love:
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2008 11:23
Hello Raina! I was just PMing you a second ago, but I'm here now...
Anyhow, I don't think we have met Dimple Nice to meet you!
You never sent me a link Raina...but do you think you could? Wait...maybe you did, but I accidently deleted it? meh!
Oh, and hello to you Errandir (sp? :blush: I hope I didn't spell it wrong...)
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2008 12:25
Got your PM, my dear! :hug: And... Sure, muinthel nín! I'll send you the link!
I cannot recall if I've done so or not... :blush: But I think I sent you some links to some pictures there, but I'll give you the url to my account at photobucket.
You'll love Dimple! She is a wonderful lady! :love:

Nenya, if you are out there somewhere: I miss you!!!!!!!! And I hope all is well with you! :hug:

No worries, Lothara, muinthel nín, I think it is spelled it that way. :hug:
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2008 06:33
*pops in for a procrastination post*

Teenager?? Excuse me??? I stopped calling myself a teenager when I stopped acting like one. So for the info Errandir, I grew up a bit

Moving on...

Raina, it's been a while! I saw you posted here, so I thought about making an apparition on the thread in between papers. How are you doing? I miss your pms and letters! If letters don't work anymore for you, feel free to pm me or send me an e-mail, I'd be glad to hear from you! :hug:

*End of procrastination post and back to writing about allegorical British Empire cats *

Bye byeeeee!!!! :wave:

[Edited on 18/9/2008 by Linwe_Saralonde]
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2008 06:57
Hello Linwe, daughter of mine, so you're an adult hein?

I 'm quite sure I still have the link to your photos and I'll have a look at your sons and yourself tooI'm glad you're feeling better and I'm with Linwe on that,if pm works better for you, it's fine with me.I'll be glad to talk to you either ways
Take care my dear Elf Lady:heart:

Errandir, how are you?Are you still studying or are you working?
The garden is doing fine but on his way to a long sleep.I'm harvesting my herbs right now and cutting the flowers and it will be a goodnight sleep until next springMarie is doing fine and as she can tell you grew up a good deal.Being away from home has a lot to do with it I thinkTake care too, my dear:heart:

Dimple:heart:
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2008 08:27
Dimple, I wouldn't call myself a teenager anymore for the typical teenager things. I'm in control of my life and I can take care of myself. But as for other things, as you all know (well those who know me enough to know that is) I'm still as random, crazy and immature as ever! Weeeeee!!! In fact, I think the older I become, the crazier I get. And I think I influence people towards that direction, don't I mom?
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: September 18, 2008 09:00
My my, I stirred up quite some trouble, shall I duck for incoming objects with sharp edges ? Only teasing you of course, Linwe :evil:.
I'm still studying, my last year of uni coming up with my thesis to write. Currently I'm finishing the report for my internship which has taken me a long time. Next week classes start again, for the last time in my life probably... what a milestone and nostalgic moment to look back to in a few years!
I hope you all keep doing fine, lets hope we won't grow up too much .

Errandir of Gondolin
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2008 02:57
Good luck with your thesis Errandir and yes it's always nostalgic when we're looking back,but when we actually doing it well it's another story, isn't it!!!!!

My dear Linwe I love you just the way you are and you know that I am very fond of crazy people, so keep the craziness coming and don't forget to send some down my way

HAVE A VERY CRAZY AND NICE DAY ALL
DIMPLE:heart:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2008 03:14
Well, I don't know what grow up means... :naughty: Is it something one eats? In our family, we take responsibility like grownups, but we leave it with that. My father has a tendency to act like a mischievous teenager.

Dimple and Linwe: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Letters works just fine with me, but I don't mind pm:s as well! I am happy to announce: All letters have now been answered :disco: and the last two is going to be sent today, including yours, Linwë! Yours were sent off yesterday, Dimple. I love writing letters, so do not get me wrong. I just happen to get sick every now and then, but this was unusually long, and I have no idea about why. For some days, a week top, yes, but this was for several weeks. :cry: Meeeeeeeeeeeeeh!

The sun was shining until now, but it might still be doing so to and fro currently, so I guess I will get dressed and take a small walk, posting the last letters perhaps - or leave that for my mother and take it easy in the garden, as my father has given me the cold. But I want some fresh air, and I am eating medications right now, including athelas, to get back in health, and I start to feel a bit stronger. I've had a tired day earlier today. It started yesterday, but I did what I could to finish up the letters, and did so! :disco: I am so happy for that! Have fun with the story, Dimple, and you Linwë with a mischievous poem I sent! (You know it, Lothara, it's the one with Lindir... :naughty: )

Have fun all and have marvellous days! :heart:
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2008 04:15
I'm glad you feel better Raina! :hug: And it's great you're still into writing letters, your are really nice to get. And a mischievous poem eh? I don't have much free time at the moment, but maybe when I answer the letter, I'll send a mischievous poetic reply :naughty: (But I do tend to take forever to reply to letters due to the uni workload... maybe I should tell my penpals to expect a letter when it's so late they have stopped expecting it!)

Have a nice day all! :wave:
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2008 07:59
Yeah!!!! A letter from Raina and I'm looking forward to read that poem!I'm glad you feel better and fresh air is good too

HAVE A NICE WEEK-END ALL
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2008 11:07
The sun was shining until now, but it might still be doing so to and fro currently, so I guess I will get dressed and take a small walk, posting the last letters perhaps - or leave that for my mother and take it easy in the garden, as my father has given me the cold. But I want some fresh air, and I am eating medications right now, including athelas, to get back in health, and I start to feel a bit stronger

So, could you possibly be the one who gave me my random cold I just got a few days ago...and still have? Seriously, I hate colds...And I have a Brisingr party to go to tonight, so I don't want to miss that...and before that, I have band...so, I'm busy here...
HI DIMPLE! Nice to meet you :heart:
So, I'm taking as Dimple is your mom Linwe?
Oh yes, Lindir! I got that wonderful letter the other day...I just asked myself in my crazy old mind (it's not old! ) why I have been taking it everywhere with me? For some odd reason, I have...
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2008 01:08
Yes Lothra, Dimple is my mom! In fact, I'm the one who brought her to CoE. Took quite a bit of convincing at first, but after telling her that she would be able to meet people her age (and not just younger folks) and that everyone was really nice, she finally faced her fear of the computer and joined in.

So what is the Lindir poem? I take it I will recieve it in the mail soon enough, but I'm curious
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2008 02:02
I didn't get a Lindir poem, I got a story about Lindir and Raina

And I just got an idea to go walking in the forest this wonderful morning... I might do that
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2008 10:18
You got the Lindir poem too, Lothara, it is the one Lindir wrote about me when we were trying to get warm again in front of the fire, remember? I just gave it a name and let it stand by itself, as that was a possible thing to do. It is called "Lindir and Raina".

Dimple, I sent you story, but I am sure Linwë will arrange for you to read that poem! I did something special for the poems I sent, which she will discover, and I am sure you don't want to miss that!

Don't worry Linwë, I know your situation and I am very patient! Write when you have time to do so!

No, Lothara, I am quite sure that I am innocent! I wouldn't even pass a germ if I was sick when I wrote the letter (which I wasn't), as I am very careful with hygiene always, and when I am sick especially.

I had a nice stroll in the sunshine today in the garden. It was such a lovely weather! Now, I will go fetch a poor cat who is desperate to get indoors...
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2008 12:38
Awwwww! KITTY! :love: Sorry, I love cats
Ok, I'll have to read the poem again...and something special? I'm confuzzled...
Okiedoke then Then, it limits it down to two people who could've gave me this wretched cold!
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2008 02:00
:cheers: Happy Hobbit Day everyone! :cheers:

Is anyone doing anything special?
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2008 02:21
HAPPY HOBBIT DAY EVERYONE :cheers:

Today, I'll wear something in the hobbish colors like brown or green and maybe I'll wear the ring.I'l start to read The Hobbit,I'll make a nice supper meal with mushrooms ,of course,and a peach cake with whipped cream

LOTHARA:It's nice to meet you too

Nice day all
Dimple:heart:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2008 07:06
Well, due to natural causes - a bad cold - I wasn't online elsewhere than my pm:s, too tired to check the forums. I spent both Hobbit Day and Yávië on my back, half asleep...

Dimple, it sounds really lovely! Maybe, I'll put on the Hobbit (I have got it as a read book on mp3) as I actually haven't read it yet. I am curious! Especially on the Elves part... :naughty:

Well, I am starting to get dizzy again, so I'll get off.

See you around!

*gives her friends really huge hugs and a special one to Lothara, her poor sisterly friend who has caught a cold just like herself* :hug: .hug: .hug

With love
Raina
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2008 09:46
Raina, you'll like the Elves part in the Hobbit You get a very nice description of Rivendell and Elrond (he's in the book) so I figure you'll find this interesting And then you have the Elves of Mirkwood, who like to drink a lot. The prespective of the Elves is very different from what we get in LotR though, but it's still nice to read
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2008 12:02
Yes, I was not on much due to my cold also...but, now, it has been reduced to a 'hairball' (aka, cough...why I call it hairball? who knows )
The Hobbit...I love that book! I did a book report on it last year...it has a bit more humour than LotR
It's nice to have new friends Like you Dimple :heart:
Yes, the elves do drink alot of wine
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: September 25, 2008 09:30
I think they call it a hairball as like with cats . When they are 'coughing up' a hairball, they logically cough, and if you really have got a good cold that make you cough and have trouble with your throat, you might sound a bit the same .
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2008 03:35
Sadly, I know what a cat sounds like when it is coughing up a hairball...and yes, I had a cold, and now, have a terrible cough, so I call it hacking up a hairball But, I call it hairball because I'm probably random enough to do so, and I have a cat...who almost coughed one up infront of me...then I walked away...and he coughed it up...nasty...
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2008 03:15
LOL! I agree Linwë, the Elven parts I will find interesting indeed! And Mirkwood Elves are actually not like other Elves, and the only Mirkwood Elf that occurs in LotR is Legolas, so... no wonder it has different descriptions! I wonder if I will recognize Elrond and Imladris though...

Yeak, muinthel nín! That doesn't sound very nice! I am very familiar with the sound of a cat coughing up a hairball... And it is... Bleh! Meh! Repulsive! Urghl! Horro! - to use a very good Quenya word!
*shudders with discomfort*

Hurray! Today is my first day out of bed for many days! I am not very dizzy today! :disco:

PS. 'Horro' is an expression of strong disgust, dislike, fear, repulse - everything that is terrible, horrible and disgusting.

Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2008 05:30
I like Legolas :love: But, yes, it is really funny how the Mirkwood elves act in the Hobbit

Sometimes, when I hear my kitty cough up a hairball, I think that someone is talking but, no, it's really the kitty coughing up a hairball

And congrats on not being dizzy!
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2008 12:57
Don't worry Raina, Elrond in the Hobbit is still, well... Elrondic It's funny we don't get to see Legolas in this book though, since he is a Mirkwood Elf and the son of the King. But as for the perception of the Hobbit Elves, I guess the way they are is pretty normal, since the more serious aspects came when Tolkien was writing LotR.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2008 08:43
I just remembered something... From LotR actually... :naughty: remember Gildor and Lindir? They don't sound very serious to me... :naughty: Got some serious talking-to by Nólemë for being way too much like them... Hehehehe... No problem, I just tended to let Frodo and Bilbo tumble down a muddy hillside in a barrel... :evil: The Elves, however, were let gently down, if I had no one else to cliff...

So... Honestly? I think that Elves can be quite fun to be around, but when they mean business, they are drop dead serious. And... Lords tend to be "lordy" and that is how they should be.

What else? Well, elves are very respectful - Yeah, yeah! I have actually stopped pranking them and I am very respectful as a person... I really am... Seriously! - and when one read the Silmarillion, one also does not get the impression of pranksters. But then again, Nandor are like Nandor are... And Mirkwood is full of them! LOL! And they do differ from the others! Now... To something else:

How's your weekends been?
Mine was tired, but I am finally back on my feet, anyway!
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2008 09:29
I don't think Gildor is quite The Hobbit like, but he's not all Lordy either. Even though he seems to be only half serious when he talks with Frodo, I think the other layer- the elvish wisdom- can still be percieved, whearas in the Hobbit we only see them jumping around and laughing at the Dwarves' beards.

But anyway... My week end? Horrible! Yesterday was so exhausting at work that I'm still tired of it today! Really earlier today I was working at the library and I was so tired that I had trouble getting up and leaving when I had done:cry: Same as yesterday... I found it actually painful to go to sleep... But I'm better now... and awfully hungry. I don't know what's with me lately, but I'm always eating. I think I'll go post a letter, than look for something so filling I'll want to explode. (Maybe I'm turning into a Hobbit... suddenly 6 meals a dau sound very attractive)
elennilda
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2008 10:37
I read the Hobbit after I had read LOTR, and the first time I read it I thought: " :twitch: ! What book is this?! And what have you done to the elves?!" But I ended up liking it anyway, including the very merry elves.

How was my weekend? Well it was tiring. Two of my pet rats were sick and feeling miserably, so I spent my weekend taking care of them and worrying over them. But they are much better now. Now I can spend this week recovering from my weekend.. Something tells me this is supposed to be the other way round.
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2008 05:16
I just finished reading The HOBBIT and I like it more and more every year.You're right Raina, the Elves are merry people, but when the fun is over and it's time to get serious, they mean buisseness like in The Hobbit in the battle of the five armies.

Linwe you're always hungry when unuversity starts as of matter of facts you're hungry all year round when you're studying

The week-end has been rainy and gloomy but I played Scrabble with my husband and I won 2 games out of 3, yeah, yeah, yeah Life is so good sometimes

LOTHARA :how is your cold

See you later
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2008 06:19
Elennilda! :hug: Aiya, meldenya! Nán valin írë ceninyel! :hug: (Quenya, for those who do not know...)

LOL! A hobbit mother has perhaps passed a gene or two to her otherwise Elf-friendly Gondorian daughter? 6 meals a day, huh? Are you sure that will be enough?

*serves happily Linwe some very thick and tasty chicken-pie*

Lothara, are you feeling any better now? :hug: et: And how did it go over at the orthanc-builder? (Orthodontist, in case you wonder what I am talking about.)

Thank you, Dimple! I am happy to see that I am not the only one seeing things this way! But also, Nandor are less serious than the Noldor, Sindar, Teleri and Vanyar. At least that is how I have understood it. All love to laugh, sure, but Nandor... Well... Look at Legolas! Even in battle he joked around, showing off together with Gimli! Personally, I am more like a mix of Noldor and Vanyar, with some Teleri and Sindar to go with that mix.

Well, elennilda, time to help you relax now from the stressful weekend then!
*puts on some soft music and serves her friend some tea in Estë's garden*
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2008 09:57
Chicken piieee!!! :drool: And here I go I'm hungry again... But it's true my Hobbit mother has probably passed on a gene or two and they start coming up. Food cravings is the only Hobbity thing I have though

I wonder if all Elves would have joked around like Legolas. It seems when it comes to Elves we get extremes. Either they're all Elrond like or they joke like Legolas and the Hobbit Elves. I think it would have been great to have a book only about Elves without other races or Ring of Power intrusions to get to know more about their character and culture.

Raina looks like you're all of the Elven races combined then! Good for you!
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2008 11:32
My cold is fine, but my mouth isn't...I'm in severe pain due to braces :cry:

Eating...currently...that's the last thing I want to think about...I can't even bite!

I'm like a Noldorian elf and one from Mirkwood
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2008 01:10
Aww poor Lothara! :hug: I hope you get better soon. Are the braces new?

I don't think I have the slightest bit in me that's Elvish. I can't stay serious long enough for that and sometimes I'm as blunt as a Dwarf
<< First1718192021
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email