Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1718192021Last >>
Author Topic:
kikimushi
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: September 18, 2008 05:47
Hello everyone and nice to meet y'all!
I'm kikimushi, a 17-year-old student from Finland. I found CoE maybe a couple of years ago when I wanted to learn some quenya but then for some reason I didn't join. I have seen all of the movies maaany times, but I haven't had the patience and self-discipline to read the books. Now finally, though, (after trying about four times) I am hooked and I'm currently reading the first one of the trilogy with a great enthusiasm! I suppose I don't have anything else to say... for now.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: September 18, 2008 06:31
Hello and welcome to our website kikimushi :wave:. I'm glad you gave the books another go, they are wonderful! Even though you'll be surprised at first with the differences with the movies, it's still a wonderful piece of literature. I hope you'll enjoy them all.
Make yourself comfortable with us, many greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
maenriquez
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2008 10:43
hi. just call me ajie. i'm 25 from the philippines. i learned of this site when i was looking for an elvish translator. i'm really interested to learn elvish language so i signed up here.
i have read the books and watched the movies several times already but i never tire of them. although there are major differences between the books and the movies, both are really masterpieces.
i'm sure i'm gonna enjoy this site and it will be nice to meet all of you here
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2008 03:10
greetings kikimushi and maenriquez! most happy to have you with us! i'm sure you'll enjoy the site very much...although it can be overwhelming at times. not to worry though...just pm (private message me if you want a buddy or some help )

hope to see you around! good luck and have fun! :wave:
Give me a horse and watch me fly!
xxfaramirlivesonxx
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2008 04:44
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE): Sarah.

Where are you from (country/state)? US of A.

How did you find CoE? Through Google.

What are your interests? My interests are reading, singing, watching episodes of House MD, LOTR, and lots of other things.

Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' or only seen the movies? I have read the LOTR trilogy as well as The Hobbit, and am currently reading The Silmarillion.

Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? Not at the moment.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: September 18, 2008 09:10
Welcome ajie and Sarah :wave: glad to have you both with us!
House MD? I love that show as well Hugh Laurie is a great actor.
Enjoy the site, if you happen to have any questions in the future, I'll be happy to help you out.
Greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2008 11:22
welcome sarah! nice to add another USA-ian to our numbers! hope you do enjoy the site (i'm sure you will )

oh, and good luck reading the sil...it's one of my favorite books, but it can be hard to get into sometimes. feel free to pm me if you need help! (or just to say hello or anything else! i don't mind )

hope to see ya around! :wave:
Give me a horse and watch me fly!
MrPhooPhoo
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2008 06:08
Hey, call me G and I live in the USA. I have seen all of the movies and read the hobbit.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: September 20, 2008 03:47
Hello G, welcome to the site .

Errandir of Gondolin
BabidiBuu
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2008 05:31
Hello! The names Buu. Babidi Buu.
I found the CoE a while ago and decided to join just recently.
I like Many things such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Star wars and Harry Potter, but my favorite is Lord of the Rings. I also like Dragons and Villains!
I've seen the Movies many times, so many infact i lost count! i have not read the books yet but im in the middle of reading Sil.
Questions? Well, i dont know. I guess with the pick-your-path thing. Can you also do a movie version or just the book version?

I cant wait to meet you all
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: September 21, 2008 09:52
Hello and welcome Badibi Buu :wave:.
Well, that totally depends on the pick-your-path-story you're taking I think . If there is any of the titles in the index in the pick-your-path section based on the movies, it will be a movie-version. If not, then it probably is based on the books or the author's fantasy... All the titles there are can be found in that section, if there isn't any yet about the movies, I fear you won't find one on this site.
Greetings and enjoy the site!

Errandir of Gondolin
MerryTomBombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2008 01:43
Hello everyone.
My name is Chrs, im 16 years old and I found out about COE from the LotR forum on Gaia.
I have been a Tolkien fan for years now and I look forward to discussing his works with you all.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: September 24, 2008 09:34
Hi MerryTomBombadil, glad to have you on board. Enjoy the site, I hope you'll find a lot of fora here that you wish to participate in .
Greetings,

Errandir of Gondolin
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2008 08:45
I'm not new in the most traditional sense, I've been a member for years, though I haven't posted in a veeeeeeeeeeery long time, so I thought I should start over.

I'm a 21 year old college senior with a major in art history concentrating in Monsters in Medieval art. I've been a Tolkien fan since the age of 8 when I first read the Hobbit.

I'm fairly sarcastic, though it takes a lot to offend me and I love meeting new people,

have fun and I'll see you around!
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: September 29, 2008 11:35
Hello Carandra, thanks for reintroducing yourself. Aha, a fellow sarcast. You don't happen to be cynical as well I hope ?
Greetings, hopefully our members will get a chance to talk to you more often :wave:.

Errandir of Gondolin
MerryBrandybucklover
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2008 04:01
Hey everyone, I'm a Teenage girl that loves Lord of the rings, I hope I meet plenty of friends on here.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: October 01, 2008 09:05
Hello MerryBrandybucklover , welcome to the site! Perhaps you could tell us a bit more abour yourself (doesn't have to be specific), so that the other members know who you are and what you like a bit better. I'm sure you'd make a lot of friends then.
Many greetings, enjoy the site!

Errandir of Gondolin
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: October 05, 2008 06:38
Hello MerryBrandybucklover glad to see you here .You are at the right place we all love LOTR'S here. Also check out the Realms when you have adjusted.
Hello Carandra and welcome back. Your major sounds so interesting.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: October 07, 2008 10:17
Welcome, MBL! :disco: And hi, Carandra! lovely to meet someone about my age A monster-study special programme indeed sounds interesting! ^ ^ Mine's linguistics... so far..
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
El_Tiradan
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2008 03:37
Name: El-Tiradan
Where are you from: USA/NC
How did you find CoE: Was a member LOONG ago.
What are your interests: Tolkien (DUH!), Carlos Mencia, and too many others.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' or only seen the movies: Both!
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE: No. I like the site and it is very easy to find my way around.
I am a big fan of almost all things fantasy and sci-fi. I like to blend it all together. I am working (and have been for a while) on writing a modern day blended story.
Hmmm...anything else you want to know, feel free to PM me.
Oh yes, I enjoy meeting new people and making friends!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: October 08, 2008 10:36
Hello and thanks for introducing yourself El_Tiradan :wave:. Indeed a member who registered very long ago! I am amazed you still remember your login and password, we often have to help older members who have forgotten them.
I hope you'll make a lot of friends (the fans-over-forty-thread in the Prancing Pony might help there ) and that you'll enjoy the site once again!

Errandir of Gondolin
El_Tiradan
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2008 12:09
I didn't realize I was using my old account stuff...I signed up as a new member. LOL But I see it has been a little while ago I first joined...well a little while for me.
ChefArwen94
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2008 04:26
Hi, my name is Catherine. I am 14 years old and I live in Illinois, USA. I have read the LotR books and seen the movies...well...too many times to count!! I am sickeningly in love with LotR! I am a freshman in high school and I also enjoy cooking (Food Network), photography, music, and movies. I would like to make some friends on this site with other teens who like LotR!! Could you please introduce me to some or tell me how I can grab their attention? I discovered this site riding on a link from another site and think it is amazing!!

[Edited on 14/10/2008 by gondolinian]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: October 13, 2008 08:26
Hello and welcome Catherine! Glad you joined our site.
The best way to get others to notice you is introducing yourself here, which you already did so that's a great start! But if you come to the site regularly and post in forums and threads you like, I'm sure other people will get to know you and you'll make lots of friends.
Many greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin

PS: I removed the link in your post. It's against forum-rules to post links to other sites in your posts. You can however put links to your own webpages or so in your signature. Perhaps it's a good idea to read the forum-rules here.
11_aliandra_18
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2008 01:10
Hi! I am currently a high school senior in Washington, US. I LOVE LotR, and have seen the movies multiple times as well as having read The Hobbit, the main trilogy, and Tom Bombadil. I found out about CofE when looking for somewhere to learn Sindarin and/or Quenya. I love languages, and I thought these would be fun to learn. My hobbies include singing, dancing, writing, and, of course, reading.

[Edited on 24/10/2008 by 11_aliandra_18]
LegolasSEC
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2008 03:57
Hi guys. I am back. I left to go to Rivals to talk football which is my other passion. But I was quickly banned by the mods there. I guess they were too jocky for me. Hopefully some of the cool guys I met over there will join my LARP in san diego
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: October 24, 2008 10:02
Hello and welcome 11_aliandra_18 and LegolasSEC . Glad to have you with us!
Well, lets hope there won't be any reasons for you to get into the same situation LegolasSEC .
Make yourselves comfortable, enjoy the site!

Errandir of Gondolin
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2008 12:08
Hello mellyn nin!
You may call me Mirach, according to a star of the northern sky. I´m 22 years old biology student from Slovakia (central Europe).
My path to this site was winding indeed. Do you want to hear it? So take some popcorn and listen...

I have red the books... how many times yet?... when I was about 10 and fell in love with Middle Earth (and Aragorn) I remember the first time I red them: I stood up one hour earlier only to read before I´ll have to go to school! Never before or after that made me a book stand up in the morning !

But my path to this site begun when I bought a new computer and my friend lent me some games. In Baldurs Gate I encountered a NPC with strange name - Drizzt Do´Urden and helped him to fight some gnolls... I was curious about the name, so I typed it in google and found out, that he is a main character of some books, lend the books and they were good (but not so good to stand up early) When searching for some pictures of this mysterious Drizzt I found Lavender Eyes - his fansite. There was a forum and in the forum a question - is there some similar site for Tolkien fans? And the anwser I have before me...

[Edited on 28/10/2008 by Mirach]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: October 26, 2008 09:22
Hi Mirach :wave: welcome to our site!!
It seems you're a true fan like many of us, getting up so early . Enjoy your time with us, if you have any questions feel free to ask me.
Greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: October 27, 2008 12:02
Greetings from beyond the Western border, Mirach!
Hope you're enjoying your time at CoE If you have any questions on or are in need of a newbie buddy, you're welcome to PM me (though for the former, a mod would be a better choice *waves at Gondolinian*)
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Cammy
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2008 10:38
Hi, i'm from Italy
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 01, 2008 10:45
well hello there and welcome to the Council of Elrond! :wave:

i studied some Italian in school, but wait! i dont start talkin to me in Italian! i dont know it that well..:blush:

glad to meet you and i hope to get to know you better! if you need help feel free to PM me, or, better yet, Gondolinian!
Cammy
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2008 10:48
Thanks Erucenindë, I can help you with italian if you want ^_^
Elegia
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2008 12:52
Welcome welcome. To all of you.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: November 02, 2008 01:20
Welcome Cammy, glad to have you with us .
<< First1718192021Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email