Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1920212223Last >>
Author Topic:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Post RE: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: November 30, 2008 10:52
Hi BookMasterJMV, I already thought I remembered your name . But still, welcome again, I presume you only now took up visiting CoE again.

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2008 11:16
Hi all newbies! :wave:
You are so very welcome to this site, and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I do! The people in here, are so wonderful, so kind, so warm-hearted... I love them all! I have been here for a year now, and I have never regretted getting here. I wish you a happy stay with us here at CoE, and you will soon notice, what warm welcomes you get here by the members you come across! Just dive in and enjoy yourselves! Once again: so very welcome to CoE! :heart:

With love and many warm smiles
Raina
MoonLove
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2008 01:42
Hello there! I have been a Tolkien fan for seven years now since I finally read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings before Fellowship of the Ring hit theaters later that year. I has a few favorite characters during that first reading, but I loved Aragorn the best of them all. I've recently re-read the books and I think it's possible that I'm more obsessed with Middle Earth now than I was during my introduction to Tolkien's world.

I only liked the movies until I saw the extended editions recently. Then it became love. I'm a sucker for more details, I guess. Haha!

My new character obsession is Boromir though. So you can guess what theme I am currently using on CoE right now.

I came across this place searching for information about the Elvish language, but it seems pretty cool so I thought I'd sign up so I could chat with fellow Tolkien fans.
LilySprings
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2008 02:29
Nice to have you here on COE MoonLove, I hope you have a wonderful time here. If you have any questions feel free to pm.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 03, 2008 04:43
Hello, MoonLove! Welcome to CoE! :wave:

I'm glad you liked the Extended editions so much, i do too! :love:

Hope to see you around!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: December 03, 2008 08:57
Hi Moonlove, and welcome :wave:. Glad to have you with us.
You are right the extended editions are so much richer than the normal movies, nothing can beat the detail in those!
Make yourself comfortable, enjoy!

Errandir of Gondolin
MoonLove
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2008 02:57
Thank you, everyone!
Iorthaur
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2008 08:56
Hello everyone! Aiya!

I stumbled upon this site when I was reading the Wikipedia article about Sindarin and I found a link to your Sindarin course. I tried to learn it before but I was daunted by the seemingly extremely difficult grammar. I learned Quenya first and I think I can understand it now, but only with your Sindarin coure did I want to learn it again! It's very helpful.

I surfed more on this site and I loved it more since there was a wealth of information and fun up here. Keep it up!

(By the way, my username would've been "Yaratur" [Quenya for "old ruler"] but I tried to Sindarinize it to "Iorthaur". I don't know if this is correct since I based it on liquid mutation on "taur" by "ior")
Ithilas119
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2008 11:19
Hello, I'm Ithilas119 or you can call me Ithilas Melda which I prefer (hint: my last part of the name can tell you my real name). I'm about turn 19 on December 30th this year! I have viewed this website for a long time and finally worked up the courage to sign up.

I have read all Tolkien books I can get my hands on and have seen the movies. In fact you can probably guess how many times I've seen them if I tell you that I can recite the first two movies and half of the third.

I'm a big reader, researcher, and love costume making. I also recently attended the Long Expected Party in Shaker Village in September. I guess I'm so lucky its close to my hometown.

I'm really interested in learning elvish and love reading fanfiction stories of the characters because they open up huge possibilties and creative insights. I guess thats about all.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: December 05, 2008 11:21
Hello Ithilas119 and Iorthaur. Welcome to our amazing website!

I'm glad our elvish lessons could inspire you again Iorthour .
Make yourselves comfortable and enjoy your membership! If you have any questions, feel free to pm me anytime.

Errandir of Gondolin
Edhel_en_Lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2008 08:49
Hello everyone! Technicly I've been here before, but now I'm offically a member (yipee!). Obviously, I love The Lord of the Rings, and yes, I have all the movies and books, a few swords, a few trinkets, I've made a few costumes that I'll have to share with you all, I've yet to bake a decient hobbit cake for hobbit day (due to the fact my family tries to eat it up before I can get a picture), I love to cook, and all of my family loves that I love to cook, my friends and I are writing an ameture book from a RPG of ours that we will share with you soon as we're done, and I am a very very obessed horse lover! I ride english saddle mostly, and work for a trainer at my local stables. Unfortunately, I don't own a horse...yet! I can't wait till The Hobbit comes out in theaters and I've been following all your wonderful updates on this site (a big THANKS btw!) Think that's pretty much it! Thanks for having me, see you guys around!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 06, 2008 10:35
Hello Iorthaur, Ithilas119, and Edhel_en_Lorien!!! :wave: welcome to CoE! I'm sure yall will enjoy it here! If any of yall have any questions, feel free to pm me!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: December 07, 2008 09:08
Welcome Edhel_en_Lorien, to CoE! Glad to have you on board. I always wanted to own some swords from the movies, preferably real ones and not just replicas, but I never got round to it sadly.
Enjoy the site!

Errandir of Gondolin
Erulasse
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2008 12:55
Suiliad! Greetings Tolkien Fans! Poping in to introduce myself. I live in Dyer IN USA. I grew up having my dad tell me the stories of the Fellowship since I was like 3. I fought the influence and became a Potter fanatic, but Viggo and Orlando reeled me back in and now I love the books. I'm an Elf lover so you know. Hoping to have fun here!
Erulassë

[Edited on 24/12/2008 by Erulasse]
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: December 23, 2008 01:21
Welcome Erulasse! I'm glad you found us! You will find many other elf lovers here (although Glorfindel is mine, just sayin'...) and you can drool over Viggo and Orli in our Cast Forums. I hope you feel welcome here - if you ever need anything, feel free to drop me a line!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 23, 2008 02:18
Welcome Erulesse! :wave: I do hope you have fun here at CoE!

Yes, indeed, there are many Orli/elf fans here, as well as Viggo, me being one I'm sure you can tell.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me!
Feanin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2008 08:23
Hello, everybody!

I used to be a member of this site. I left and decided to join again just this year. I'm 20 years old and a complete Tolkien fanatic. I'm hoping to ween myself back into the fandom.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: December 23, 2008 11:09
Welcome Erulasse, Feanin and Jen , glad to have you with us.

Feanin, I think our accountsadmin will be contacting you about that previous account you told us about . Glad to have a Tolkien fanatic back with us though .
Jen, the same goes for you, our accountsadmin will contact you concerning your nickname, which is a bit inappropriate for a PG-13 site. Though I'm glad to see you introduced yourself .

Make yourselves comfortable and enjoy the site, whether elf-, dwarf-, orly- or viggolover .

Greetings

Errandir of Gondolin
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 24, 2008 12:14
Welcome all newbies! :wave: Glad to have you here at CoE!

I hope you enjoy your time here!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
kanyariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2008 05:08
Hi everyone! I join the site while ago I fun it when I was looking for a place to learn Quenya or Sindarin, well it took me some time to find the courage to start posting, I can be shy sometimes, anyway …
Well I from Peru I’m sixteen years old, I became a fan about 4 years ago when by accident I found The Fellowship and started reading it, I became obsess so as soon as I finish, I bought The Two Towers, The Return of the King, then I saw the movies and each time I became more interested, I have also read The Silmarillion and The Hobbit and the rest is history , I looking forward to know more about Tolkien’s world .

[Edited on 28/12/2008 by kanyariel]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 26, 2008 05:32
Welcome kanyariel! :wave: I hope you enjoy CoE!

Lady_Lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2008 04:09
Hello all!

I am a big newbie to LotR - actually I have just begun The Two Towers so I am trying to avoid the book forum at the moment. It is exciting to read a series for the first time not knowing what is going to happen.

I am a moderator on a different fantasy book series website, which upholds the same values as this site - thus making my choice easy to join. Thanks mods and admins for taking care of the site.

About me - I am a Middle School English Teacher who loves the world of fantasy and many people have told me I would love LotR. However, about a month ago one of my 5th graders did The Hobbit for her book report so I decided if a 10 year old can try this complex world, then I can as well.

I am excited to explore this website most especially once I have finished the series and can delve into the book forum.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 27, 2008 04:44
Hello Lady_Lorien! Welcome to CoE! :wave:

It is exciting, taking on a new series you haven't read before! I'm sure you will enjoy LOTR!

gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: December 27, 2008 07:15
Welcome Kanyariel and Lady_Lorien . Glad to have you with us on this amazing site!

From Peru kanyariel? I don't think I've ever met a member here (or anywhere else for that matter ) from Peru! Glad to have you with us, I'm glad to see people from less common places join us (like from Belgium, where I'm from, not that many on the site). That's the nice thing about CoE: open and international, people from all over our tiny world joining each other in the huge world of JRR Tolkien.

I presume you haven't seen the movies then yet, Lady_Lorien . I hope the differences won't be too much of a shock once you've read the books and then see the movies. Some people have issues with them but I think Peter Jackson did a wonderful job. They are two different media, literature and cinema, so it's not always easy to convert one to another. Never the less I hope you'll enjoy both and that they'll only make your love for Middle Earth and the works of Tolkien grow. May this site be a nice guide (and not a spoiler ) for your journey. I'm sure people here would be delighted to talk with you about your opinion of the books and fantasyworld and help you if necessary with diving into Tolkiens world.

If any of you have questions about the site or anything else, feel free to send me a private message any time . I'd be honoured to help.

Many greetings and enjoy the site!

Errandir of Gondolin
cosmic_ea
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2008 08:57
Hello All! I am completely new to this amazing website, and I'm very excited to have stumbled upon it. I go by Mariana or Mari, I'm 17 and from San Francisco, CA.

My interests include painting, sailing, drawing, reading as well as meeting new people.

I've always felt the inclination to read these books, but I recently got around to it, and I regret not doing so earlier! I'm absolutely obsessed!

As of now I've read The Hobbit and I began to read The Fellowship of the Ring, when I realised that I should read the Silmarillion before going on with the The Lord of the Rings. I am currently reading and highly enjoying it.

I found this website when I was looking for a way to learn Elvish. This seems like the place to do it! I can't wait to get started!

Thank you !
LilySprings
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2008 09:28
Welcome to Coe, Cosmic! :wave:

I hope you have a very wonderful time here; if you need anything send me a pm and I'll do all my might to help.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: December 28, 2008 09:23
Welcome cosmic_ea :wave:, we're glad to have you with us.
That's a brave choice , stopping in the middle of the trilogy to move to the Sil. It's a tough nut to crack for most the first time they read it. It's a wonderful book but you got to keep your head straight with it . I'm glad to see you are enjoying it though, may the rest of Tolkien's oeuvre bring you even more pleasure!
Many greetings, enjoy the site.

Errandir of Gondolin
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: December 28, 2008 09:34
Hello and welcome cosmic_ea! :wave:

I hope you enjoy this site thoroughly! If you ever have any questions, feel free to PM me!
Ganymede_Symi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2009 01:51
Hi everybody!!

I'm Ganymede, and I am a Uni student in NC,USA. I've been a LotR fan since I was very young(I've read many of Tolkien's wprks, and I loved the films), but since I've been spending alot of time onlinelately (supposedly doing research for class papers...haha, right) I've been finding alot of communities for my intrests, and joining.

My intrestsa are reading and writing, I am an English major, and I enjoy comics and cartoons and such, like Batman( I don't ever plan on growing up).

I'm looking forward to exploring this site, it looks amazing!
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: January 02, 2009 02:34
Mae Govannen, Ganymede! Welcome to the Council of Elrond! I hope you enjoy your stay here!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 03, 2009 12:00
Hello and welcome Ganymede_Symi :wave:. Glad to have you with us! I'm sure you'll enjoy the site, you'll find so much stuff to please your interests that you would never have imagined it existed (or that people kept themselves busy with creating them LoL ).
Greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin
Turkirdur
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2009 08:03
Just wanna say hi, I have been a member of this site now. Though I have known about site for years. I like this site Because its a serious site, and informativ. And you got evrything else to

I`m from Norway and I have been LOTR-fan for some years now. Maybe not the biggest, but I have read LOTR a couple of times. I have read The hobbit, silmarillion and unfinished tales (sorry if I haven`t translate them rightfully)

And I wounder if I have made my name rightfully. Does Turkirdur make sens? Is it right?
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 07, 2009 08:20
Hello and welcome Turkirdur, welcome on board! I'm glad you mentioned how informative this site is, it's always great to see we're also appreciated for that .
I have no idea if your name makes sense , I presume you have translated into elvish, of which my knowledge is very very poor. But perhaps you can ask that question here in the elvish-forum where they know more and get that question often.
Enjoy the site!

Errandir of Gondolin
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: January 07, 2009 08:31
Hi Turkidur! :wave: welcome to CoE!!!!!

That's cool you have read all the books! I like your name, what does it mean?

If you ever have any questions feel free to PM me!
Turkirdur
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2009 01:14
Thanks for varm wellcom

If I had made the name rightfully should it means somthing like "Mightkleever". But it`s difficult to transslate sinc it already have been translated to norwegian. I would have a name of power, but I have understood that elvish is diffecult. So there are a great chans that I have translated it wrong...
<< First1920212223Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email