Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1819202122Last >>
Author Topic:
Cammy
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: November 02, 2008 01:20
Thank you Elegia
and thanks to you too gondolinian, you are so kindly

[Edited on 2/11/2008 by Cammy]
Airam24
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2008 07:05
Wow..I fell in love with the L.O.T.R series when I was about 15..It's just so mesmerising and captivating that I couldn't put the books down...
Well I prefer to be called 'Airam' ...(its got a mystique ring to it right?)
And I'm from Mumbai, India(a charming country)
I kind of Googled LOTR(yea..good ol' Google!)..nd (after much deliberation) i checked out th CoE site...which is sooo...informative!
Im rite now 16...
I'm trying to figure out the site still....its just that there's sooo much to the world of Tolkein that i didnt know...and im amazed!
Besides LOTR...music,movies, writing and brainstorming some cool ideas with my friends is more or less of the stuff that i do.
I would really love to contrbute to this site...cause I Im sure it's gonna be worth it!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: November 03, 2008 07:06
Hello and welcome to the site Airam :wave:. I hope you'll enjoy it, make yourself comfortable!
Many greetings.

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Lamaen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2008 08:38
Well, here we go then. I'm Rachel and I live in sunny California (though right know its rather overcast). I really started to get into Tolkien's work early this year and have been addicted ever since. I'm working my way through the Lord of the Rings for the second time and inching my way through the Silmarillion. And yes, I've also read the Hobbit. Of course if you want an exact count on how many times I've seen the movie I couldn't tell you. All I can say is that the dvds are getting tired.
I'm big into writing and have been writing fanfiction for various things for three years or so. (Though haven't really been getting good until last year in my opinion) Sadly I tend to go against canon when writing lotr stories for I've been in love with Aragorn since I saw him in Fellowship for the first time. (Viggo Mortensen rocks!)
Anyway.....
I like to think I have a pretty good sense of humor (as twisted as it can sometimes be), or so my friends and family have told me. (And no, I didn't scare them into submission if that's what you were thinking.)
In regards to how I found this most amazing site, I learned of it from someone who was interested in joining a Command me and a friend had set up for an MMORPG to be released next year. I was quite pleased to find that she was a big fan of Tolkien and I asked her for any good sites she knew of. This one popped up and I've loved it ever since.
Now I think I shall stop my rambling and allow you all to move on with your lives.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 04, 2008 09:14
Hello and welcome to the Council of Elrond, Lamaen! :wave:

I don't mind your rambling, I like to hear about you! (I'm a big Viggo Mortensen fan too! lol) I would be interested in reading any of you fanfics as well!

If you have any questions feel free to pm me! Hope to get to know you, and have a good time here with us!
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: November 04, 2008 09:23
Welcome to all our newbies!

Cammy, Airam, and Lamaen, it's nice to see you all here. I love that we're constantly getting more members!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I'm always willing to help!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: November 04, 2008 09:46
Welcome aboard Lamaen :wave: glad to have you with us!
I'm also pleased to see our realm-heads greeting our newbies .
Make yourself comfortable, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, as you can see many people here would love to help!

Errandir of Gondolin
Nethien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2008 04:00
Name: Julie
Country: Czech Republic (Middle/ Eastern Europe for those who didn't enjoy geography classes at school )

How did I find CoE: I'm interested in languages and I was looking for study materials

My interests: Figure skating (started a bit too late to become a champion, but still love it :heart: ), early dances, beads - making accessories, cats, languages (my major was Japanese at the university, and... ok, I know my English is not perfect, but I like learning and using it, too), meeting people, long walks, nature, history, beautiful things and places............ Pretending being modest - and I'm very good at it

Book/Movies: Both. I'm not any kind of expert, maybe even not as devoted as most of you here, but still... The book once helped me to get through difficult times, when anything else didn't work.

Questions: not yet, but I'll probably have many of them, still feeling a little lost, but I forgot to say: getting lost at interesting places is one of my favorite pastimes, too
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 05, 2008 04:43
Hello Nethien!!!! :wave:

glad to meet you! I always liked watching Figure skating, though i'm afraid i could never do it! that's cool you do, though!

If you ever need any help or have a question don't be afraid to pm me! Hope to get to know you around here!
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2008 10:54
Welcome Nethien!
I´m still pretty new here, but I feel like home already I´m glad you´re here. Not long ago ~nólemë~ told me in this forum:
Greetings from beyond the Western border, Mirach!

I tell you: Greetings from beyond the Eastern border, Nethien! :wave:
It´s good to see more people from our little countries here...
Nendhínen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2008 01:38
Welcome, greetings from within the border
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: November 06, 2008 11:00
*waves at Nethien* Hello there, dear. Welcome to CoE. Whenever those questions end up coming, feel free to find one of us and ask!

I've found in the years I've been here (ignore my 'joined on' date- I had to change usernames) that everyone here are very friendly, and willing to help! This has to be the friendliest LotR site on the net!
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2008 05:48
Welcome to the site, Nethien. We were all new once, so don't hesitate to ask people questions.

Enjoy!!
11_aliandra_18
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2008 11:51
Welcome! I like to figure skate as well, and also studied Japanese in high school. Nice to know that some interests are universal! If you have any questions, I'd be glad to help any way that I can. :wave:
Cammy
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2008 12:23
Welcome to all our newbies!

Cammy, Airam, and Lamaen, it's nice to see you all here. I love that we're constantly getting more members!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I'm always willing to help!

Thanks a lot Merides do you know if someone come to chat room anytime?
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 08, 2008 06:12
Hello. I'm from Alaska (sounds colder than it is) and, naturally, I love Tolkien's works. What more needs to be said?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 08, 2008 06:40
hello Loslote! :wave: glad to meet you!

if you have any questions, feel free to pm me!

I hope to get to know you and I'm sure you will enjoy CoE!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: November 11, 2008 03:22
Hello and welcome to all newbies :wave:. My apologies for my late welcome, I have been away for several days. But as you all can see, our community is great and friendly, and many others have already welcomed you.

The same goes for me concerning questions: feel free to pm me, I'll be happy to help out.
I'll answer your question already Cammy: lately the chatroom has been very empty, but there have been times when it was filled with people every single night. It depends on the moment, it's hard to predict when a lot of people come online there. It's always worth checking out though, who knows what people might show up one night . It's a great way to make friends as well, I myself have met many of my friends in that chatroom.

Many greetings and welcome again to all!

*bows solemnly*

Errandir of Gondolin
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2008 02:52
Hello! I just joined and wanted to say hello to everyone here. This site looks amazing!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 17, 2008 04:48
Hello ToRivendell! :wave:

Glad to meet you! If you have any questions feel free to pm me!

Hope you enjoy this site!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: November 18, 2008 12:05
Hi and welcome ToRivendell . Glad to have you on board. I hope you'll enjoy the site.
Perhaps you can tell us a bit more about yourself or your interests so that people could get to know you. It's the best way to quickly make a lot of friends here!
Greetings.

Errandir of Gondolin
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2008 05:35
Sounds like a good idea.

I'm orginally from NC but currently reside in NY. I got into LOTR when the first movie came out (I was still young at this point) and read the books immidiately. I soon found myself absorbing every piece of Tolkien literature based around ME I could find.

My interests include gaming (I'm a huge fan of the LOTR games), reading and writing. I'm interested in learning Elvish (probably Sindarian) if I can find the time to work it in. I'm a photographer, and have been trying to find places resembling ME for some time, though I have not had the opportunity to make it to New Zealand (yet).
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: November 18, 2008 06:48
Thanks for introducing yourself a bit further .
I discovered LOTR in pretty much the same way and with the same consequences .
You came to the right place for learning elvish our elvish lessons are renowned far and wide!
Photography, lovely! I'm an amateur-photographer myself. Last spring I did find a spot that looked exacly like the hollow road where the hobbits met the dark rider, windy leaves included . Still like those pics...

gandalfgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2008 07:38
Hi, I'm new here, you can call me Elinor. I'm only 13 but I love LotR and all things Tolkien. I live in the USA and found CoE while looking for Tolkien information for a history day project. I enjoy most fantasy, playing the trumpet, and playing the piano. I have read all of the LotR books, The Hobbit, The Children of Hurin, and I've been meaning to read The Silmarillion for a while now. I don't have any questions yet, but after I've explored, I'm sure I will. Soooo... thats it I guess.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 22, 2008 07:43
Hello, gandalfgirl! (or Elinor! ) :wave: Glad to meet you! I hope you like here at CoE!!

I also play the piano, and I'm glad to see that you have indeed read many of Tolkien's books!

If you ever have any questions feel free to pm me! I'll gladly answer them!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: November 22, 2008 12:13
Hello and welcome gandalfgirl :wave: glad to have you on board! You play the trumpet? Never knew many girls who played the trumpet, I'm intrigued .
Make yourself comfortable, I hope you'll enjoy your time here.
Greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin
Ivy_Silversky
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2008 11:43
Hi all! I've recently found this site and it looks amazing!!!

You could call me Ivy, although technically it is my Wiccan name. I've just turned 21 and I'm from Scotland. I hope to visit new zealand one day, or move there, depending on the future...

My native language is English/Scots (watch for my accent) but I also speak a little Galidgh. I'm very much interested in learning sindarian, if I could fit it into my life

My main areas of interest are science, music (listening/play guitar), my favourite bands are Runrig and the manic street preachers. I also love archery!!!! (I'm currently a barebow novice)

I have no questions as of yet but rest assured I will at some point

Excuse the mini essay, but I look forward to getting to know you all and learning many new things

Ivy Silversky

[Edited on 23/11/2008 by Ivy_Silversky]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 23, 2008 03:55
Hello and welcome to CoE, Ivy! :wave:

Glad to meet you here! As you may have read, I am into music as well!

If you ever have any questions, feel free to pm me!
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2008 04:27
Hello Ivy and welcome to CoE :wave:
It's nice to meet a fellow Wiccan I'm Arya It's great that you can speak some Galidgh. I tried teaching myself a few years back, but I lacked resources Fascinating language though! Feel free to pm me should you have any questions or just feel like chatting
I hope you enjoy the site!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: November 25, 2008 12:00
Hello and welcome Ivy :wave:, glad to have you with us.
Don't worry bout 'essays' the more people know about you, the easier it is to become friends. So thanks for that nice introduction!
Wiccan? :dizzy: :twitch: I presume that means you're into Wicca (which I know) or does Wiccan have another meaning (which I don't know )?
If you're into languages you came to the right place, our elvish lessons are magnificent, so good luck with the Sindarin!
Make yourself comfortable and if you have any questions: I'll be happy to help out as well.
Greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin
xstacefacex
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2008 03:35
Hi. My name is Stace and I'm from the USA. I just found CoE online when I was looking up things about Quenya. I'm using the Ardalambion site to try and learn it. I have seen the LOTR movies a ton of times, read the Hobbit, and am now reading The Fellowship and The Silmarillion. Right now I don't really have any questions, just trying to take it all in because its all so huge!!

Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 26, 2008 03:40
Welcome to CoE, xstacefacex! :wave: NIce to meet you! I hope you enjoy CoE as much as I do, (which is alot!)

If you ever have any questions, feel free to PM me!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: November 27, 2008 09:55
Hi and welcome xstacefacex . Pleased to meet you. I hope you'll be visiting our site often and that you'll have a great time here.

Errandir of Gondolin
BookMasterJMV
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2008 04:41
Well, howdy there! A pleasure to be part of this fine establishment. I've been a fan of the book since before the first movie came out and am a total Ringer. The Silmarillion for the win!

Name: Justin, but you can call me that... or Bookie, or Book, or JMV. Anything works, really.
Where are you from? Henderson, Nevada, USA. Just outside of the infamous Sin City. Blech.
How did you find CoE? Can't remember how I found it, but your nifty name-to-Sindarin directory got me hooked on the site!
What are your interests? Reading, playing Lord of the Rings Online, working, surfing the Web, playing with my nieces and nephews, and being with family.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' or only seen the movies? I've read Lord of the Rings, as well as The Silmarillion and The Hobbit (all several times, mind you) and love the movies too!
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? The realms interest me, but I'm sure I'll find out more about them soon enough.

See you all in the threads!

Oh, now I just feel silly. I thought I had had an account here before and posted... now I realize I have. *shakes his head* Don't mind me at all...

[Edited on 11/29/2008 by BookMasterJMV]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 29, 2008 10:44
Hello, BookMasterJMV! :wave: Glad you decided to join us here at CoE!

If you ever have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Hope to see you around!!

PS. I like your avie..

[Edited on 11/30/2008 by Erucenindë]
<< First1819202122Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email