Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Nenya_Ring
Galadriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
Send Message
Post RE: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: January 19, 2008 10:43
Hello and mae govannen, HirilRochben! Don't be nervous, no need to, we're all Tolkienites in here. :wave: Just make your way at your own pace through the forums and don't forget to check out the language section, the Green Dragon or the realms.
We're all here to lend a hand if we can.
Image ImageGaladriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
Chani
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2008 06:40
Hi. My name is Nellie, but i use to call myself Chani. I am 13 years old. I like to read and draw. My favorite movies are LotR and Pans labyrinth. I live in Norway, so my English might not be very good

I have always loved fantasy, and i think i might be an author one day. I have got ideas for hundreds of books in my head.

I'm a quite shy and quiet girl at school, but when i am together with my friends i can really make a lot of noise.:naughty:

I Love friends, and if you want to be my friends you can just pm me, or get a profile and mail me at kupika.com My nickname is Chani:heart:

I look forwards to meeting other fans.
Nellie:love:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: January 23, 2008 09:42
Hi Chani, and welcome to the site :wave:.
No need to worry, your English is very good!
I hope you'll get the chance of one day becoming an author, with so much ideas that can't be too hard .

I'd like to remind you that links to your own or other websites aren't really allowed in posts, unless vital for the topic at hand. If you want you can include a link to your website in your signature. Thanks.

Many greetings and I hope you'll enjoy the site, make yourself at home.

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Ar_Rahmandur
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2008 10:31
Sorry I haven't checked out this thread in a while....I should be ashamed of myself after the warm, heart-felt greeting I received when I first got here! A biiiiiiig hug to all of you new fellows around here! :hug:
I hope you'll enjoy it as much as me....the bigger the family the bigger the fun!
Alesaiyabeth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2008 11:57

Name Alesaiyabeth (Al-less-sigh-uh-beth) I actually got the idea from my real name, Elisabeth.
Age I have just turned 17
Where are you from (country/state)? Well I am an American born and bred, I live in the Garden State New Jersey right near the capitol, Trenton.
How did you find CoE? Well that is a funny story. i like to read and write on fanfiction.net and I was reading some Lord of The Rings fanfiction, one of the the authors mentioned this was a very helpful site, and since I was considering writing in the same category, I checked it out
What are your interests? Well writing and fossiling. Fossiling is going hunting for fossils.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' or only seen the movies? Oh yeah, of course I have! I first read the books in third grade.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?
No, not really, I am just saying hi!
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: January 23, 2008 11:59
welcome! do you have a nickname we could call you by? sorry i dont have a very good memory for names... :blush:
LadyOfTheLight
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2008 12:21
Hi Alesaiyabeth and Chani! I hope you enjoy it here! If you're interested in having a close knit group of frends, check out the realms section of CoE. (((Go Deadly Realm))) They're in the community section of the menu on the left of the screen.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2008 01:01
Be greeted Chani and Alesaiyabeth!

You are most welcome! :hug: I hope you will have a great time at CoE and make yourself at home! Do join wherever you see fit! And if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!

With love :hug:
Raina
Nimiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2008 02:11
hey chani and alesaiyabeth :wave:

i'm sure you'll be enjoying yourself on this wonderful website with all these wonderful members *shmooze*

no, it's true! if you'll have just half as much fun as i have here, then you just don't wanna leave your pc anymore.....

and i'm suggesting too that you'll join one of the realms, whichever fits best for you

and i don't know if someone said it before but GO DEADY REALM!!!!!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 24, 2008 02:32
Hi and welcome Alesaiyabeth .
I hope you'll like it here on the site with us, as you can see we have a lot of very friendly people that are just anxious to meet you!
Many greetings,

Errandir of Gondolin
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2008 04:44
hello and be welcomed chani and alesaiyabeth! glad you decided to join us in... whatever it is we do here!

and i agree with nimiel... if you have lots of fun you'll never want to leave the computer ( i don't! )

good luck and have fun! :hug:
Give me a horse and watch me fly!
Siane~Seremor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2008 12:25
Hello... Yeah, I'm another new member Um...yeah. Well, I've been obsessed with Lord of the Rings for years-since I was about...8, I think (Yes! I got in there before the films! ^_^) I still can't believe it took me so long to find this site though! Still, I'm here now, and it all looks awesome!
Nimiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2008 01:47
it IS awesome

well, i started with the movies first... so for some people i'm not a "real" fan... but who cares! i'm as real as i can get

welcome to CoE Siane~Seremor :wave: once you find your way through all the infos, artwork etc. you'll have a wonderful time here

and the best thing: if you need help with anything you can always ask the nice people around here
GanDalpH
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2008 07:10
Hello .. My name is Gelu .. i`m from Romania ..i`m 18 BOY This website is great .. because i want to learn Sindarin .. and it`s Ok ! i was looking for Sindarin language on www.google.com .. and i found this site .. ! I saw the movie .. but i didn`t read the book .. my apologize !!! I`m a newbie so .. please excuse my bad language please ! My English isn`t very good ! In future .. i just want to speak very good Sindarin !
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 25, 2008 07:23
welcome!!! we talked a bit last night i remmeber i hope you have a fun time here!!!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 25, 2008 10:42
Hi Siane~S and GanDalpH welcome to our wonderful site!

I hope those Sindarin-lessons will help you a lot GanD they are great so I'm sure you'll be able to speak Sindarin in no time.
A curiosity question frodofan where did you two talk? Through pm or in chat? I'm curious, haven't been to chat for a long time and sadly it's mostly dead lately, I hope it soon gets more people that check regularly, that's why I asked.

Many greetings and welcomes to the newbies, I'm sure you'll love it here!

Errandir of Gondolin
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 26, 2008 05:13
through PM. im trying to get to chat more often though.....
Ar_Rahmandur
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2008 10:52
Suilad, GanDalpH! Greetings and welcome among us! Don't worry about your English, it won't be hard to learn more. I'm from Romania too, so I know. Make yourself at home and....HAVE FUN! I like Elvish to, but I'm into Ouenia, not Sindarin. Anyway, welcome once again!
P.S. You lnow what the funny thing is? before I saw that you're 18, I was almost 100% sure you were my French teacher :blush: (you and him have the same name.)

[Edited on 26/1/2008 by Ar_Rahmandur]
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2008 11:27
Greetings Siane and Gandalph!

Make yourself at home at this awesome site!!

I am into both Quenya and Sindarin, and i am happy to see, that both are popular to be studied!

Yet again, much so welcome! Feel free to join us wherever you desires to!

With all my best
Raina
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2008 06:46
welcome GanDalpH and Siane~Seremor! i'm glad you decided to join us... and good luck whith your sindarin lessons GanDalpH!
Siane, good job for you... starting young AND with the books!

bye the way you two... if you want some fun... join the pillow fight in the prancing pony forum! :naughty: (how many times have i recommended this? :twitch: ) also if you want to pm me... feel free!

don't worry nimiel... i started with the moives too! :rolleyes: but it did grow alot from there.

FollowerOfGandalf25
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2008 12:58
Hi I am a newbie to this forum. I am a massive fan of lord of the rings. My fav is gandalf and gimli.

I live at home with my mum and brother.

I would like a lovely signature of gandalf if anyone can do this, I would be grateful to them for such a job well done.

from a follower who loves gandalf.
Turquoise
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2008 01:09
Hello! :wave: Obviously, I’m new here, a little lost and confused, but all and all fairing well.

About me: My name is Turquoise, you can call me Tur…or whatever else you like. Umm…where I live, I live in the gym…no seriously I’m there everyday it feels like I live there, hehe, either that or a dance floor or playing field. Interests other than writing, and reading are athletics of almost every kind, hiking, acting, singing, and traveling. How I found this site was by a recommendation from a friend, since I adore writing and started reading the Hobbit and LOTR when I was about five and six. Though I haven’t read the Silmarillion yet, but want to. As for questions, I could use a few friends to show me the ropes, or writing buddies, as I definitely would like to start in the writing (rpg) section.

By the way, what’s this about a pillow fight?

Thanks,
-Turquoise
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2008 01:36
Be greeted Follower of Gandalf and Turquoise!

I so hope you will enjoy yourselves at this terrific site!

Join wherever you see fit, and don't be shy, you will be warmly welcomed!

With love
Raina

[Edited on 28/1/2008 by raina_alassë]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 27, 2008 09:41
Hi FollowerOfGandalf25 and Turquoise, welcome to the site!

I'll be happy to help you with a sig Follower, but it would be easy if you could find yourself a nice image (or several) of gandalf that you like, preferably with a heigth of 60 pixels and not more (that's the rule: no sigs with images larger than 60 pixels high). You can easily change that with any imageprocessing program . If you can find the things you'd like to put in your sig, I'll be happy to show you how to do that and make sure it looks nice. Just send me a pm.
The virtual pillowfight is a thread in the prancing pony-forum Turquoise where you basically... have a virtual pillowfight . And it has been reopened by the mod there though she has expressed some concerns about the way it was going. Go have a look and join in if you feel like it.

Make yourselves comfortable and if you have any questions, feel free to pm me (private message)!

Errandir of Gondolin
Nimiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2008 02:03
hey GanDalph, FollowerOfGandalf and Turquoise :wave: welcome to my absolutely favourite website

i'm sure you'll have a great time here giving whacks in the pillow fight, discussing the movies and books, play all this great nonsense-games and so on and on and on....

i'd love to offer my help too.... it's just that i don't know anything :dizzy: but if you want, you can pm me to tell me that you don't need any help

oh, and i'd love to join the chat once... but there's never ever (at least when i look) someone in there. and i don't wanna be the first one entering because i can be shy.... although i never show it

[Edited on 28/1/2008 by Nimiel]
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 28, 2008 10:43

I would like a lovely signature of gandalf if anyone can do this, I would be grateful to them for such a job well done.

i have PMed you
FollowerOfGandalf25
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2008 11:34
Thank you to all who have welcomed me to the forum. I hope we get to know more about each other.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2008 12:27
It is our pleasure to welcome you!

For the wish of getting to know us better, there is the newbies Chitchat-thread, the Green Dragon Inn - get to know your fellow CoE members, and a pillow fight if you want to know how whacking we can be with pillows, and at the Games Forum, there are threads where one gets to know each other, then clubs and Realms with their games... Dive right in! We'll catch you! Join wherever you see fit you the best!

With love
Raina
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2008 01:24
greetings and be welcome FollowerOfGandalf25 and Turquoise! :wave:
so glad you joined us on CoE! i hope you have fun... there's so much to do here, so don't get overwhelmed! :dizzy:

if anyone needs help feel free to pm me! i love getting pms!
(pm is private message... just in case you didn't know ) i'm new... but getting around fast!
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 28, 2008 01:32
me too! im obsessed with getting PMs! just look at my info!
Goldbeere
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2008 06:49
hello! :wave:
my friend has recommended this site so i joined.
sorry my english is not so good but i hope you understand me.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 29, 2008 06:53
Hi Goldbeere :wave: welcome!
Don't worry, you're perfectly understandable . Enjoy the site, I hope you'll have a lot of fun!

Errandir of Gondolin
Elegia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2008 07:53
Hello and greetings from Finland.

My name's Elegia and I chose it because it is one of my favorite poems.

But now I am off to explore.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 29, 2008 08:37
Welcome Elegia of Finland .
Stroll around, explore, this site is huge and wonderful! If you have any problems or questions, feel free to pm (private message) me.
Greetings.

Errandir of Gondolin
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2008 09:10
Be greeted, Goldbeere and Elegia!

You are most welcome and I hope that you will both experience and wonderful time at the site! Have fun!
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email