Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: January 12, 2008 01:54
welcome sword of eowyn! i'm new too! i hope you have lots of fun on the site! i am having loads of fun...

*turns to lord Gondolinian* i do hope m'lord that i can greet the other new-comers as such. if it's like a special invitation thing just let me know... :blush:
Give me a horse and watch me fly!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2008 02:27
Everyone may greet them, newbies as well as others! Go ahead to your heart's content, 7hot!
Roheryn19
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2008 04:37
hi everyone! i just joined, because frodofan14 (my daughter) forced me.

Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE) Roheryn19 or R19 (not creative, i know)
Age 40
Where are you from (country/state)? Maine
How did you find CoE? my daughter, frodofan14 (and legoliajh_lover)
What are your interests? not working
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' or only seen the movies? only the movies, but my daughters are trying to get me to read the hobbit.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? no, frodofan is showing me. but im sure ill have trouble :blush:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 12:08
Hi Roheryn19 :wave: and welcome !! Glad your daughter got you to join us you'll love it in here, you'll see.
This time I'm going to beat Rose (sorry Rose ) and lead you to this thread, it might interest you if you feel a bit uncomfortable between all these youngsters (though not everyone is a teenager here, mind you ): Fans over forty-thread. But please do stick around the other parts of the site too, you'll meet lots of interesting people, I'm sure!
If you need any extra help that your daughter can't provide, feel free to ask me or anyone else, we'll be happy to help you out.

Many greetings and make yourself comfortable, I hope you'll enjoy the hobbit, it's a wonderful book!

Errandir of Gondolin

Ps: 7h_f, as Raina said, you're most welcome to welcome other newbies, the more the merrier, only that way can we make people feel at home
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 11:01
*curtsies*

Be greeted, Roheryn19! You have been awaited!

You are indeed so welcome, and it is terrific to see ye here! Frodofan was very happy, telling us that You were about to enter, and so were the rest of us, upon hearing this news! I wish I could get my mother to do the same, but she isn't fluent in English, otherwise, i am sure i could have gotten her here somehow .

I am 35, myself, but I feel mischievously younger and might seem younger sometimes, and older at other times - but that rarely occurs in here :naughty: .
Heheheh. Anyway, You are so welcome, and I am sure that you will find places here that will suite Ye well, and that You will find Yourself having quite a good time at this place!

*gives Roheryn19 a welcoming hug* :hug:

Enjoy! And I do hope that You will read the Hobbit, I have only read the brief résumé here at CoE, but it sounds great!

With love
- Raina
Magoleth
Faerie Godmother of Nienna & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 12:08
As Bereth said it is wonerful to have Mums and daughters in here.

Roheryn_19 don't be afraid of age. I am not the oldest on the site at 62 next week but hey I love it. I belong to a very active and friendly Realm and have made to many friends in here who all share the same passion and many hobbies too.

Welcoem to all the Newbies, come in sit down and make yourself at home!:love:
Roheryn19
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 01:49
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! its nice to be appreciated.
Sword_of_Eowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2008 04:55
Hi Roheryn19! And thanks everyone for welcoming me! Sorry for replying late, it took me a little while to figure out the forum didn't register as a message!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 09:49
No problem, Parmadil! Better late than never! :hug:

And indeed You are appreciated, Roheryn19!!! :hug:
Ar_Rahmandur
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 10:29
Peace to all! I've visited this site a few times before and up until a few months ago I was even registered here, but 2 things happened:
a) I lost my password
b) I kind of lost interest in learning Elvish. Truth be told I never found the time nor the patience to do it. Shameful, I know...But I'm really thinking of making up for lost time.
Well, what can I say about myself? I'm a 17-year-old from Romania with a growing interest in the work of the late J.R.R. Tolkkien.
By the way, there's a coppy of "Unfinished Tales" at one of the libraries in town and I can't wait to get my hands on it!
Final note: in case anyone is wondering what my name means, it's a combination of Arabic with a Quenya sufix (which is obvious to most of you ). From Arabic Ar-Rahman translates as "The Merciful" (with reference to God) so my name means "Servant of The Merciful" Interests: religion, philosophy, peace
Last-final note: I'm glad to be back!

[Edited on 14/1/2008 by Ar_Rahmandur]

[Edited on 14/1/2008 by Ar_Rahmandur]
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 11:02
*jumps up and down*
Another Quenya student!!!!! Another Quenya student!!!!!

Do feel very welcome! And do continue the studies in Quenya! (If you wish, of course.)

And be greeted!!! And welcome back!!!!!!

With love and much happiness
- Raina
Ar_Rahmandur
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 12:27
My, my, aren't we in a happy mood...thank you for these warm greetings; but keep in mind I'm not really a "student" YET....but I hope to be
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2008 01:01
hey re-welcome to the site Ar_Rahmandur! and also a delayed welcome to Roheryn19! i've only been on for a week, but frodofan has been so excited to have you come join us.

and Raina, i happen to be a quenya student as well! slowly but surly learning.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 15, 2008 04:38
Hi and welcome again Ar_Rahmandur. I hope that you'll feel interested in language-studies again and that you will be able to keep them up, if that's what you desire.

I would kindly like to ask you not to post any 'test'-posts or replies since you obviously seemed able to post replies previously, and such posts do not fit this thread or forum. Thank you.

Errandir of Gondolin,
newbies moderator
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2008 05:07
HI!Roheryn19,
My daughter, Linwe_Saralonde told me about your coming, she knows your daughter Frodofan.I'm like you, my daughter made me do it too and I never regretted it.If you are over 40 please come and join us at FoF, you'll make a lot of friends and have interesting conversations,so once again welcome!
Nimiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2008 02:26
Hi there! :wave:

finally i joined the CoE... at first i was searching the internet for pictures of the first and second age and then i stranded here. And now i'm a Newbie and not a visitor anymore...

well, what's to say... at first i didn't wanted to watch lotr because i don't like fantasy. but that's not what it's about, is it

now i'm obsessed with middleearth

nice beeing a member of the CoE and the realm of mandos

glad to be here
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2008 03:09
Be greeted newbie by Raina and welcome to the Realm world! I myself, as you can see - belong to Ulmo . I hope you will have a wonderful and great time around CoE, now that you are a member as well, and that you will have loads of fun also at your Realm!

*gives Nimiel a welcoming hug*

And if you join us at the pillow-fight at Prancing Pony, i'll give you welcome-whack as well! :naughty:

Join wherever you wish, and feel soooooooo welcome here!

With love
Raina
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 16, 2008 05:28
Hi Nimiel, and welcome :wave:.
Being a newbie is much better than being a visitor, at least I think . And indeed, it's not just about fantasy, but about so much more... some people's lives around here have changed a lot, like my own, ever since I walked into the world that is Middle Earth.
I hope you'll enjoy your membership, make yourself comfortable and see you around!

Errandir of Gondolin
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2008 11:18
Welcome, Nimiel, It is wonderful to have a new Obsessed person around!!! (Join me in obsessing over first and second age elves... :drool: ) I am glad you have joined us here at CoE! You will find that most, if not all, of us are weilling and able to help you in anyting you need, just ask!
Magoleth
Faerie Godmother of Nienna & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: January 16, 2008 12:08
Wow still more Newbies.

You are indeed welcome to our wonderful site and we hope you will make yourselves at home amongst us especially by joining the Realms where we are family!

frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: January 16, 2008 12:12
yes!!! another person who doesnt capitalize all the time!!!
Davidlgs
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2008 08:26
Hey, I'm David. I'm 15 and I've always been into the LotR movies, I've tried to read the books a couple times yet have failed miserably.

I've been exploring the site for a few hours now and I really like it. I found this place through another website, I heard it had some really cool lessons on how to learn elvish, and so far, I've not been to anywhere better. I'm on lesson one right now and I'm learning Sindarin. I'm very new to pretty much anything outside of the movies but I'm on fire for it right now and I'm learning so much. The website is great and from what I've read you all seem to be very friendly and I plan on being a pretty active member.
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 12:19
well, thast good news!

unfortunatly, you arrived just at the time that im going but im sure the others can tell you im a very active member. but welcome!
Nimiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 01:21
thanks so much for the warm and heartily welcome!!! seems i made the right decision to join you here

i'm still a little overstrained with all the different forums, infos, art an everything but i'm sure i'll find my way thru

so, thanks for having me!
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 01:24
yeah when you first join its kind of overwhelming but youll learn.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 04:39
Hi David, and welcome .
I hope you'll get around to giving the books another try, they are really worth it. Perhaps best start with the hobbit, it might be less intense, or the trilogy. They really add a lot to your life .
Nimiel, you are most welcome. And if you feel too swamped or confused about all the parts of the site, feel free to send me a pm, I'll gladly help you out.

Many greetings, enjoy!

Errandir of Gondolin
Davidlgs
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 09:35
Thanks for the warm welcome, so far everyones been great. I'm having a lot of fun on the site and am learning a lot about Sindarin. Right now I'm reading three books, but I plan on moving to LotR again soon...

I have both the Hobbit and the Trilogy. What should I read first, or, what one might be easiest for me to read? I'm not the fastest reader, and I don't have the highest reading level, so I'm not sure what would be easiest for me to start with... Sorry, that was a bit off topic :twitch:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 10:03
For once I'll close my eyes for further off-topic and general newbie-questions, you can perhaps check out the chit-chat thread on this forum. It's made for getting to know each other and helping out with basic questions, so feel free to take a look there or pm me if you have further questions.

Concerning the books: I think everyone will agree with me that 'the hobbit' is by far the most easy book of the four, but its style is rather different from the trilogy. I like the hobbit myself, but I hope no one will shoot me when I say it's clearly writen more for children than the trilogy is. Though you can of course, as an adult, enjoy and appreciate the hobbit a lot, it's still a masterpiece of literature! But it is a lot lighter and of course thinner than the trilogy .

Enjoy!

Errandir of Gondolin
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 12:55
hello and welcom Nimiel and davidlgs! i'm glad you joined and i hope you have lots of fun on the site!
as raina suggested earlier... i would totally recomend joining the pillow fight... it's soo fun! :naughty: i
i also hope you have fun with your realms!

btw i love the hobbit!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2008 01:04
Welcome, welcome!

You are so greeted!

Happy to see you in the pillow fight, Nimiel :naughty:

*hides her pillow behind her back* Why don't you and I step aside for a bit and I will tell you exactly how much I enjoy seeing you there? :naughty: MUAHAHAHAHAH :evil:

Now, do not worry, my Lord, I am only greeting them, not starting off topics...

David, i am so happy to know that you too are studying Sindarin. So am I.

And again: much welcome!!!! *mischievously grinning* And do join wherever you see fit... If it happens to be at the pillow fight at the Prancing Pony, you just made my day... :naughty: :evil:
HirilRochben
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 01:24
Thanks for the welcome!
So anyway, I'm Hiril Rochben (which even my friends who don't know what that means call me) but I've been called Roch and Ril and even Ben.
Trying to study Sindarin, but not very good with languages......
Yeah. Anyway, just wanted to feel my way around and ended up here. Thought I'd say something. *smiles nervously*
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 01:37
Greetings! And Suilad then! Me...<-- Yet another student of Sindarin (and in my case, Quenya too)

Don't feel shy, come in and make yourself at home! There are the Newbies Chitchat, and Green Dragon Inn and Pillow Fights, Realms, clubs... and we will all greet you and salute you and make you feel welcome! It is always nice to see a new face!

So.. wherever you feel like going... pop in and meet new friends!

With much love :heart:
Raina
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 03:36
hello and welcome HirilRochben! :wave: i hope you have fun here... i am for sure!

and don't worry... i feel your pain about being good with languages. i'm attempting to learn quenyan *hint on attempting*
Davidlgs
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2008 06:09
Hello Hiril Rochben! Welcome! I hope you have fun here. I'm pretty new myself and picking up Sindarin aswell.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 19, 2008 12:46
Hi and welcome HirilRochben :wave:
I'm sure you'll learn how to properly write and speak Sindarin in no time, with our famous elvish-lessons .

Many greetings

Errandir of Gondolin
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email