Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: January 06, 2008 10:40
Be greeted! Mae govannen!

You are so welcome to this site, daughterofalwen! I'll drop you a note, if you'd like that!

There are also a bunch of good ways to start to make friends here :
1. Newbies welcome chit-chat thread here at the Newbies. Youwill get to know some of us, before throwing yourself head on, or along with that .
2. Green Dragon Inn - get to know your fellow CoE members, where we sit down, have a glass of whatever we'd like to have and just have a fun time together.
3. Realms and Clubs, where people sharing your own interests are found.

Please, join us all of them , but depending on your time, and what you are looking for, and what suits you, take your pick!

With love
- Raina
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 10:49
hello daughterofalwen, Hey I just have to brag this is my daughter and it is great having two in my family on COE. So, have fun daughter of mine .
Awelyn418
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 11:55
*curtsies to Awelyn418*

Nice to see both of you at this wonderful site! And do brag, by all means! That is what mothers are for!
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 01:15
Joins Bereth in her awe at all the Newbies.

LuciusValidas, welcome and people certainly do come here often. Coming from Australia, you may be here when others aren't, which is often the case with the many time differences of CoE Members.

Welcome to all the Newbies and welcome to awelyn's daughter. Lovely to see you.

Randiriel~Wanderer
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 01:32
Randiriel, it seems we share a passion for languages. Which ones are you interested in/studying? And seeing your other alias, I can't help wondering: are you also an anime fan? Or a Japanese student?

I'm glad! I'm interested in lots of languages. Next semester I'm going to take Latin and Japanese. I'm also interested in learning Quenya, ASL, Esperanto, and Korean. As for my alias, Kawaita Sakebi is a song I like.
Magoleth
Faerie Godmother of Nienna & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 08:02
Wow so many Newbies and aren't you all very welcome!:love:

I know two of you at least have joined the wonderful world of Nienna since last I looked into this forum and have been welcomed yet again.

For those of you unsure what to do - take the test and then follow your heart. There are many things to do within the Realms including making lifelong friendships or just sharing your interests with other like minded people.

Come in and enjoy!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 10:42
Hi and welcome, daughterofalwen82 No need in explaining what the site is all about, I'm sure mom took care of that .
So all that's left for me to do is offer you a very big welcome and well wishes for your stay on the site! Enjoy.

Errandir of Gondolin

PS: yours truly is pleasantly surprised by the sudden attention this forum is getting 'Keep on posting in a free world!'
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: January 07, 2008 05:02
[b][/b]Hi my name is Autumn im 25 from Missouri, I came across COE through my mom who has been a member on here for awhile.
Welcome Daughterofalwen82! (Psssst! I know your mum ) Glad you've joined us. Have fun.
Lometari
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2008 05:19
Hello everybody! I've registered here some time ago, and now I finally decided to introduce myself. I'm a 19-year-old student from Lithuania. I discovered Tolkien only a year ago, but it changed my life completely. I've read only The Hobbit, LOTR and some shapters of Silmarillion till now, but I hope to catch up with it when I'm less busy with my studies :rolleyes: I'm afraid I won't be very active here (I prefer reading to posting myself), but I'll try to do my best
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 07, 2008 06:15
Hi :wave: nice to meet you Lomentari
I know all about Tolkien and him changing your life and also about being too busy with studies to fully enjoy it they can seriously put a strain on living. Lets hope one day, it turns out that it's all worth it .
Don't worry, just post as much as you like . The better you feel on the site, the more we like it, posting isn't necessarily necessary .

Many greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2008 08:59
Hello and welcome,Daughterofalwen82, I was introduced myself by my daughter Linwe Saralonde and I'm very happy that you mother made you do it
Again you are most welcome and have a marvelous time on this site.Enjoy!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2008 10:23
Be greeted, Lometari!

Dimple_Bumbleroot, you have a terrific daughter! I am happy that she was able to bring more of her family in here as well! Give your daughter a hug from me, please?

I am so happy to come to the understanding that there is one more in here that has a desire to learn Quenya! I have no one to study with :cry:.

Tenn' enquetielva! (Until we speak again)
-Raina

[Edited on 8/1/2008 by gondolinian]

[Edited on 21/1/2008 by raina_alassë]
Turwaithion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2008 03:04
Hey everybody! I'm Nik or doushitette (but that'll change soon...) I'm 17 and from Novi Sad, Serbia but I live in California.

I'm one of those people that saw the LotR movies and that's what really got me into it. LOL But what really caught my attention was Elvish, especially the scene between Frodo and Arwen. I only saw the movies (the extended edition is WAY better ), but I'm currently reading the books.

My LotR fanatic friend told me about the site a while ago and decided to really be part of the community. LOL

Anyways... It's nice to meet you all!!

[Edited on 8/1/2008 by doushitette]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 07, 2008 09:52
Hi doushitette, nice to meet you welcome to CoE.
I'm sure you'll love the books perhaps even more than the movies, good luck on reading them .
Greetings and have fun on the site!

Errandir of Gondolin
daughterofalwen82
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2008 03:45
I just wanted to say thank you for the kind greetings you all have made me feel very welcome. I can't wait to actually have time to sit down for a couple hours and just get to talk to people on here. Have a wonderful day everyone. Anyone else having a rainy day today? makes me wish i was still in bed sleeping.
RodwenofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2008 04:49
Suilaid to all you newbies- daughterofalwen82, doushitette, and any others that I can't see in the panel below the post screen LOL! I hope you enjoy your stay at CoE!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2008 11:13
Welcome, doushitette!

Always nice to see a new face around! I hope you will find this site as great as I do! :heart: I cannot stay away!

Cheers! :cheers:

Do pop in and join us at the Newbies Welcome Chitchat, Green Dragon Inn, any of our Realms, Clubs or whatever you feel like!
taintedmushroom1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2008 02:47
Ah, hello. I suppose I classify as a newbie? I am fourteen years of age, live in California, and quite obviously a fan of The Lord of The Rings.

I just recently joined, however I've been around this site for a few years. Yes, I was a lurker, ahaha. I guess I'm a bit late now though, the site has calmed down significantly. No matter, this is still one of my most favorite websites to visit, and it's nice to be a member now. Thank you.
Turwaithion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2008 07:12
Really though, you guys are awesome!! Thank you very much for the warm welcome!
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 09, 2008 07:43
Moms and daughters abound suddenly....how absolutely lovely. Would that my own daughter would take an interest in LOTR and Tolkien rather than ranting about my obsession with them. :evil:

But welcome to you and also the other newbies that have suddenly appeared and joined our happy family here....and we ARE all family. It's nice to see so many new folks here.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 07:16
Welcome as a member now then, taintedmushroom! :hug: It is a delight to meet you!

By all means, join as anywhere you see fit!

With much happiness
- Raina

PS. Douscitette, it is indeed our pleasure to greet you! :hug:
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 09:24
Hi taintedmushroom1, and welcome .
Well, the site will get busier soon again with The Hobbit coming out and don't worry about joining late, since the site is PG13 and you weren't 13 several years ago not that it matters much but rules are rules and we will enforce them :evil: . Now does that make me sound too harsh or sadistic?
Enjoy the site and hopefully you'll meet a lot of good friends!

Errandir of Gondolin
Tari_Tinuviel_91
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 09:55
Hi! Im new here! what does one say about ones self? I guess- I can only say that I am obbssesed with Lord of the Rings- well Middle Earth to be exact I treat it as if it were a real place, and love to just well... let my Imaginations explore through its many lands and beyond, and write my own poetry about it *shrugs* so *waves* HI
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 10:47
welcome!!! i am quite middle earth obsessed also.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 02:08
Be greeted, Tari_Tinuviel!

Well, we are many here that are totally obsessed by M-E or something related to that, or just everything Tolkien! I am an Elf-obsessed woman, so... don't worry! You have come to the right place indeed!

Feel at home, and join us wherever you please! :cheers: :disco:

Love
- Raina
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 02:29
Hi everyone! i'm new to the site and slowly working my way around. I can't post my real name... but you can call me Celebroch or Sindenome! i joined to see if i could meet anyone to share my obsession with silmarillion & lotr
i don't get to talk much about it :cry:

i'm shy at first... but i'll get friendlier! promise! :love:
Give me a horse and watch me fly!
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 02:38
Hello Celebroch! I would gladly share the obsession and would enjoy to talk about it. I am not shy at all and I am talkative just to let you know. If you need anyhelp around the site, Gondolinian, me, and others will gladly help. I will message you soon! -Loth
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 03:13
Suilad, 7hot_feanorians!

We are many here that are obsessed with them! Feel free to join us! I am quite shy myself, but if you wish, you can do as I did: kind of showing yourself in a shy manner at the chitchat and green dragon inn is a good start.

Well, knowing Lothara might bring you into a social capability that you didn't even know you had in you! :hug: She is really lovely! And we are all here to help out! And gondolinian, Lord of the Newbies, is a very friendly and easy going person that will help you out when the rest of us feel like question marks .

*gives Lothara a gentle, warm hug :hug: and walks over to the newbie and greets Sindenome warmly and gently to not scare Sindenome away*

taintedmushroom1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 06:29
It's lovely to be welcomed so kindly. I already feel rather at home here.

That would be great then, I myself cannot wait to see how the Hobbit movies will turn out.

And really, I've never seen such a cooler LOTR site. Honestly!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 10:20
Hi and welcome Tari_Tinuviel_91 and Celebroch :wave:

No need to post your real name that's the advantage of internet: anonymity.
This is the perfect place to live your obsessions and meet other (perhaps even more) obsessed people . I'm sure you'll both love it and you'll make friends soon enough, there are tons of lovely and kind people around here that would love to talk to you, whether every day or every week I just know you'll meet people that make you feel perfectly comfortable.
*glances at Raina* what's that? Me? Easy-going ? I hoped I would look rather stiff and sturdy . Kidding :hug:
We're glad we could make you feel at home already taintedmushroom1, that's the idea .
Make yourselves comfortable and enjoy this wonderful site!

Errandir of Gondolin

frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: January 11, 2008 11:03
dont feel bad, 7hf. (can i call you that?) i cant post my real name or my age.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2008 11:10
But we love you anyway, frodofan!!! :hug:

Stiff and sturdy??? LOOOOOOOOOL!! I don't think i have met ONE person here that is stiff and sturdy!!! ROFL!

Incase you wonder about the Quenya word, here is translation for it:
Heruvinlië: Lord of New Folks (Lord of the Newbies)

Sword_of_Eowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2008 03:51
Hey! I just joined the site, but I've been visiting it for maybe a month or so. You could call me Parmadil, or Sword of Eowyn, I don't care. I'm 16 and I've been reading Lord of the Rings since I was about 9, so I've read The Hobbit, the Trilogy, the Silmarillion, and a couple of Tolkien's non-LOTR books. I'm looking forward to learning Sindarin! Thanks for making this such an awesome site!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 11, 2008 10:37
Hi Sword_of_Eowyn welcome to the site, glad you decided to join! (I didn't join either for the first half year I was on the site, boy, did I miss out on a lot of things! )
Hm you make me miss the times when I read LOTR ... been too long now since I read anything of it, time is always hiding somewhere it seems, I never seem to find it .
Make yourself comfortable and many greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2008 05:22
Suilad, Parmadil!!! (=greetings)

You are so welcome, and you will find a bunch of people in here studying Sindarin! Even if some seems to be asleep there is still an active group!

I study both Quenya and Sindarin!

Welcome to a wonderful site, ruled by sweet people and the language tutors are great!

Please, dear newbie! Do join us wherever you see fit! And feel very very welcomed! :heart:

12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email