Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: December 23, 2007 09:19
Be greeted! Thou art most welcome! I so hope that this site will be a great delight unto thee, and its members a source of joy! :heart:

Yet again: welcome!

with love
-Raina

*curtsies back at E.*

PS. By the way, we have a wonderful lovely tall Dwarf lady here! And I am myself an Elf at heart... Any race is most welcome!

[Edited on 21/1/2008 by raina_alassë]
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2007 09:30
Did someone mention me. Lol!! I am the tall Dwarf lady. I love the Elves and Hobbits, but my feet are firmly placed in the Dwarvish Homelands.

Welcome Marti, a pleasure to greet you. Enjoy yourself as you wander the Halls of CoE. I'm sure you will soon make many friends.
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 23, 2007 10:04
welcome, you new peoples! i myself am a mix of hobbit and men... i kinda hate elves (please dont kill me raina!) except elrond, haldir and figwit.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2007 10:51
*curtsies low*
My Lady rose! Indeed the Elves love Thee as well! And I am sure so does the Hobbits!

Let us continue our new, fresh and wonderful friendship, frodofan. I am not at all angry with thee! :hug:
Who knows? Maybe one day there will be only one Elf, thou dost not like

Emily_ness
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2008 09:13
Heyy!

I'm Emily and I'm 16 (in just over a week =]). I'm from the south of England. I found this site while I was searching google to learn Elvish. I love learning languages and after watching the three extended films again, I thought I'd have a go at Elvish. Saying that, I have read some of the books too. I loved the Hobbit =D My interests include languages (currently speak English, French, German, Spanish), music (especially heavy music =]) and it's getting long now, so byee =]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: January 01, 2008 09:34
Hi Emily :wave: and welcome to our site! It's my honour to welcome you as first introducing-newbie of 2008! :cheers:

I'm sure you'll love our elvish lessons, they are great and renowned far and wide . (Am I boasting? :blush: )
Good luck with the languages and a Happy New Year. Enjoy yourself.

*bows*

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 01, 2008 09:38
welcome emily!!! i will PM you if you dont mind just to get to know you. sorry if i seem weird but i really like meeting new people.
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2008 12:19
Hi Emily, welcome to CoE, best site to learn quenya and sindarin! Not to mension, to write tengwar also. Happy New Year, and hope you enjoy this site as much as I
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2008 04:26
Mae govannen! Aiya! Be greeted, Emily!

I myself joined because of the languages and am studying both!

Heruvinlië Errandir of Gondolin, boost as much as you wish! This IS the best site! And the language section is the most terrific one! And its Mods and Admins are the best! Wish I had them when I had my classes in English... :hug:

Lothara, frodofan: love ye!!!! :hug:

Emily_ness
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2008 03:16
Thanks for the welcome =D
It seems awesome here =D
And happy new year to you all =]
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2008 07:50
Our pleasure, Emily! I am happy thou hast found this place awesome! It is beyond thy best wishes! (MY opinion ) And Happy New Year to thee as well!
Alassëa Vinyarië! (Quenya)
Garo Idhrinn Eden Veren! (Sindarin)
:disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :disco: :cheers: :heart: :love:

Have the best year ever!
ssiegler
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2008 01:56
Suilad Just thought I'd come by and introduce myself. I'm just going to follow the guidelines for now, though...don't know what else I could write..

Name-- Sarah...or Ariel
Age-- 16
Where are you from (country/state)?-- Valinor No (sadly)...I'm from the U.S
How did you find CoE?-- searching for a respectable looking sindarin workbook (found it!)
What are your interests?-- Anything Middle Earth-ish, Feanorians, writing, drawing, shiny things, fire, uhhh...horses, nature, random conversations...yep!
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' or only seen the movies?-- I've read the book a few times, seen the movies a lot...the book is better^^
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?-- Hmm...not yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 03, 2008 02:02
welcome!!! you seem to have quite a few of the same intrests as me... nature, random convoersations, shinnny, fire!!!........

[Edited on 4/1/2008 by frodofan14]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 03, 2008 10:23
Hi ssiegler :wave: welcome to the site!
I do hope you're not so much into fire as our own little pyromaniac that also greeted you *pokes frodofan*.
Make yourself comfortable and enjoy the site!
Many greetings.

Errandir of Gondolin
elfinthewood
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2008 10:28
My username is elfinthewood, but I also go by Leaf, if it's easier to remember. I'm still trying to figure the whole 'post things on message-board-thingies' ; I'm inept and incompetant as to the working of the internet, and computers in general. Well, a friend of mine from another site introduced me to the Council, and I am so glad she did! You see, I live in super-south Arkansas, and everyone here is obsessed with football and doesn't read fantasy. So since I read the Hobbit in fourth grade, I became the only person here (aside from my family) who even [/i]heard[i] of Tolkien! Finally I am not alone! Now I am fourteen years old, and I still live here in the middle of the woods (and absolutely LOVE it). I have read The Hobbit, FotR, TTT, and RotK, seen all three LotR movies, and am looking forward to the Hobbit. I am a die-hard movie (and book) quoter. As of today, I officially have all of these movies memorized: FotR minus three lines, TTT minus five lines, RotK minus six lines, Potc 1 minus two lines, Happy Feet, and HP 1-5. I'm rather proud of myself for it. I also write stories, currently a book, but I'm stuck on CH 15. Well, I hope I get to be a better navigator on the vast ocean that is the Internet, and till we meet again, I will say fare thee well!-
Leaf
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 03, 2008 10:42
Hi, and welcome ot the site elfinthewood :wave:!

Living in the middle of the woods... you're living my dream I think . And you're a moviequoter too? I used to do that a lot when a bit younger, LOTR, gladiator, POTC, etc etc... still know a lot of them by heart .
The site is big, but no need to worry, we're a friendly bunch and everyone will be happy to help you out. Even in the most dark and deserted corners of CoE you'll find some people wandering about who will gladly help you or talk to you.

Many greetings and enjoy!

Errandir of Gondolin
Elowen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2008 11:32
Hello!Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to all of you here.I'm 22, from Croatia,I haven't read the books yet (shame on me),been wanting to do that for a long time but...I've seen all the movies though and I'm quite fascinated with the Tolkiens fantasy world.I like music,mostly rock,I like fantasy art although I don't draw myself,like singing,dancing,and have a big interest in everything mystical.I saw that you have a course for elvish and I have to say that it has gotten me very interested.Well,that's about it,hope to talk to you all soon!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 02:44
Hi Elowen

Welcome to the site! I'm sure that if the elvish course got you interested, you'll be dragged into it fairly soon our elvish lessons are great!
I do kindly ask you and any other newbie not to post in bold unless it's really needed. Thanks.

Greetings, and enjoy the site!! I'm sure you'll love it.

Errandir of Gondolin
SpeleersNet
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 06:32
*soars in from dreamland*

Name: Hanna...and/or SpeleersNet (the site I run) are both fine.

Where are you from (country/state)? England

How did you find CoE? My friend used to be a member

What are your interests? Acting, acting, acting, theatre, acting, acting, acting, writing, acting, acting, musical theatre, acting, acting, Ed Speleers, acting, acting and did I mention acting?

Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' or only seen the movies? Both

Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? Not right now, but I'll be sure to let you know if I do have any. ^^

xx
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 06:56
Hi SpeleersNet, welcome to coe . I see you like acting a lot éh . Perhaps you like virtual acting too? Rpg?
Greetings and make yourself comfortable.

Errandir of Gondolin
SpeleersNet
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 08:03
Thank you for the welcome.

Strange, I'm a writer and an actor (you're not allowed to say actress anymore) but I'm not a Role Player. Will probably check the section out though.
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 01:05
You seem alot like myself SpeleersNet I have been on to your site a couple of times, for I am a 'Speleers Fan'. Welcome to CoE, hope you enjoy this site as much as I do!
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 01:48
*bounces in the Newbies Room, glomps all the Newbies, and bounces out again* :wave:
LuciusValidas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 04:12
Hi all. The name is Cheyne, 26 year old guy from Brisbane Australia. Do many people come here anymore? Doesn't look like this thread has had many comments lately lol.
SpeleersNet
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 04:35
You seem alot like myself SpeleersNet I have been on to your site a couple of times, for I am a 'Speleers Fan'. Welcome to CoE, hope you enjoy this site as much as I do!

you have? that's great!

thanks for the welcomes.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 06:25
Hi LuciusValidas welcome.

I think you might have looked amiss, since this site as well as this forum is used pretty often, the last post in this thread dates back from about half a day before yours .
I wouldn't mind more people coming in to say hi to the newbies though, but this thread and forum is definetly being used .
And if you are wondering about the site in general, right now there are 115 guests and 14 members, and it's still early .
So no need to fear you'll feel alone, the site is alive and kicking and will be more so in the future, when the hobbit comes out.

Greetings!

Errandir of Gondolin
Legsi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 08:34
Hi everyone! My username is Legsi (though I'm not a big Legolas fan, but all my friends called me in that way) and my real name is Darya. I'm 17, living in Moscow, Russia. I became a tolkienist (I hope it sounds in English like that) in 2005 then I fist saw FotR. It impressed me so much that after watching the movie I've read all Tolkien books, that I've found. Now I'm trying to read LotR in English.
I've found this site a long time ago when I was seeking different LotR news and pics. And now I'm very happy that I became a member of such a wonderful site!
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 08:58
Be greeted, all newbies! :wave:
And very much so welcome to a completely awesome site! I am quite new here myself, just been here a month and a week, but I cannot stay away! :love:

I hope you will all find this site as marvellous as I do! Please join us anywhere - from Forum to Realms and Clubs!

Your English is great, Legsi, do not worry! :hug:

With love and many hopes for a blessed and great year unto ye all! :cheers:
- Raina
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 10:35
Darn, I've not checked into this room in ages and look what happens!...Dozens of new members have wandered in.

To all our newbies, Happy New Year, welcome to CoE, and may your wanderings around this fantastic site bring you much pleasure. And please, do wander....there's so much to see and so many friendly folks to greet you on your travels. Any time you lose your way or need directions, just ask the first person you see. We all help our fellow members on this site.

When in doubt, ask my "grandson", Gondolinian for aid....he'd be happy to help you. Just scroll down from the Newbies Intro until you hit the Welcome chit chat room and post your question there.

Enjoy!!
BerethEdhellen
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 10:47
Hi Legsi :wave: and welcome!

I believe they use the word 'Tolkienite' mostly, but I'm not sure . Though anything Tolkien related is great! So enjoy and have a lot of fun in here!

*gapes at Bereth... 'grandson'? :twitch: LOL *hugs his 'granny'*

Errandir of Gondolin
Randiriel~Wanderer
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 07:40
Hi, I'm Randiriel~Wanderer. I'm also known as KawaitaSakebi and TerraNova. I'm 18 (finally!), live in Texas and go to school in Oklahoma, and found this site randomly. I actually joined several months ago (because someone made a mistake in a comment!), but now I'm getting active.

Hmm, other questions? Oh, yes, dad read me the Lord of the Rings when I was 7, so I've been a Tolkien fan over half my life. I'm interested in lots of things, but especially languages. See you around!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 10:52
Hi Randiriel~wanderer welcome to CoE, glad to see you introduced yourself.
If you are interested in languages then there's no need telling you we got great elvish lessons you probably found out yourself long ago.
Many greetings, enjoy.

Errandir of Gondolin
Nenya_Ring
Galadriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 07:04
A warm hug and welcome to all newbies, and a great New Year.:cheers:

Randiriel, it seems we share a passion for languages. Which ones are you interested in/studying? And seeing your other alias, I can't help wondering: are you also an anime fan? Or a Japanese student?
Image ImageGaladriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 10:10
Mae govannen, mellyn nín! ("well met, my friends")

Welcome to this great site, Randiriel~Wanderer!

We are many that loves languages at this site, I hope you will find this site as awesome as I do!
Gondolinian, Nenya (in the same Realm as I) are both great, and if you have any problems, I am sure Gondolinian will help you! As well as anyone else here, to their hearts' content and in every way they can! If nothing else, so to ask of you to turn to Gondolinian .

And may I throw in a special push for our great Realms? As much as I love the entire CoE, and am more than pleased to surf around and relax with many friends (as I have them out of my Realm too), I am still pleased to be part of a Realm, as it is my "family". There is a Realm fitting all tastes!

There are also clubs for you to join, if you are looking for something more specific, next to the Realms and Forums. Or create one, if there is a subject you wish was there. I am myself part of Realm of Ulmo (as shown below, in my signature), and three clubs, just to give an example!

Again: welcome!

With love
- Raina

daughterofalwen82
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 10:33
[b][/b]Hi my name is Autumn im 25 from Missouri, I came across COE through my mom who has been a member on here for awhile. I have seen all of the LOTR movies and working on reading the books. I work at a bank here in my town and plan on making that my career. I like to watch movies, sing karaoke, shop, fish, play pool, and like to go bowling. I love to cook just call me betty crocker. Basically im part girly girl and part country girl. I'm looking to make some new friends on here so feel free to send me a message

[Edited on 6/1/2008 by daughterofalwen82]
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email