Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen took a deep breath, not daring to look up. She did not want to have to explain herself to anyone especially anyone she did not know, and then not to those who did. She hoped the Elf would not venture over

[Edited on 07/17/2013 by Legolas23]
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
sorry! triple post!

Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message

HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel did not move, she could sense the girl's nerves and did not want to scare her off. She knew she knew the girl had no reason to trust her, and might even be afraid of her, but she couldn't ignore her. Though it cost her dearly, she could not leave this girl to her fate without at least trying to reach out to her. She willed her eyes to tell enough of her story to convince the girl that she was a safe person, and would never betray her.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Mustering her courage, Iellwen looks up once more. The Elf still looked at her. Only this time, she saw something different in her gaze. she knew then she was a friend. she continued to look at her, her gaze now was softer. Iellwen tried to tell her that she could come to her
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel walks over slowly, without making a sound, trying to avoid more attention, but she can feel the eyes on her and she tries not to blush. She sits down next to the girl, but not too close, giving them both their space. For a moment she says nothing, afraid to say the wrong thing. "My name is Adonnenniel," she pauses, "Are you hungry?"
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen nods. " I am, but I have no money," She looks at her hands and says, " My name is Iellwen. I have never met an Elf before," She looks up again looking the Elf in the eye
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel passes Iellwen the menu. "I have plenty," she says. "Order whatever you like."
She considers carefully every word and every look. She may be on thin ice here and doesn't want to make things worse for Iellwen. She gives her a slight questioning look, hoping it is not too strong. Iellwen said she has never met an Elf before; she does not want to overwhelm her with her ability to communicate non-verbally.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel noticed the Elf go to the child and thought it was good. A young girl should not travel these lands alone and Linriel wondered what the girl's story was. But Linriel had enough of her own things to worry about and just wanted to enjoy her drink and talk a bit with Himwen.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen looks at Adonnenniel before turning her face to the menu. " Bread and cheese sounds lovely," When she see's her questioning look she sighs and says, " I suppose you wish to know why I am here alone. But you have to promise you will not share this information with anyone unless you have my permission. Can I trust you Elf?"
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
"Yes, I will not tell a soul." She then orders bread and cheese for Iellwen and a bowl of stew for herself.
A wave of fear passes over her as she wonders what she is about to get herself mixed up in. But then again, she doesn't have much lose.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was getting hungry. She motioned to the innkeeper to come to the table and asked Himwen if she wanted something to eat. Himwen seemed lost in her thoughts and Linriel knew everyone at the inn had a story to tell. She ordered a bowl of potato soup with warm crusty bread and also a plate of greens. As the innkeeper walked away, Linriel put her hand on the hilt of her sword and started to remember.....
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
After eating the cheese, Iellwen said, " My father was a merchant. One day, five men tried to steal from him. He ran them off, but it made them angry to the point of killing. They snuck into our house and murdered him. He was the only family i had left. I have no siblings, and my mother died when i was a small babe. So, that very night, i set out in pursuit of the men. I killed one before i left the city only two nights after my fathers death. the men left the city after they knew i was hunting them," She takes another bite of bread. " I caught up with them, since i was on horseback. But, they shot my horse and killed her. We fought with swords for almost an hour. I killed the second man. I escaped with my life, but i have a large scar on my left arm from where i was cut by one of their swords," She turns so Adonnenniel can see the long white scar that ran from her shoulder to her elbow. " Now, they are hunting me. I have not given up my goal, but i have decided to stay in hiding until the time is right," She looked at Adonneneil then to see her reaction.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
So much goes through Adonnenniel's mind so quickly she barely keeps herself under control. She sees the scar, which is shocking, but is more concerned with the wounds in her heart. Her vengeful mindset is so different from herself it is almost intimidating. Another awkward silence as Iellwen looks at Adonnenniel. At last she says "My father also is dead."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Watching from across the firelit room, Linriel sees a look of concern cross Adonnenniel's face and wonders what the girl told her.
ElewenMae
Council Member
Send Message
Himwen grinned, all to happy to tell of her purpose. "I come seeking adventure," she said. "I grew bored of my home, and have left to see the world. And thank you for complimenting my weapons. They are dear to me. I call them Sercë and Eitha-melmë." She turned a curious look on Linriel. "What brings you here?"
Are you over it? Bored to death? Have you had enough regret? Take a stand, raise your hands, If you're sick of it!
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" It is hard to loose everything you have but you life," said Iellwen. " My father was dear to me, and I am sure your's was as well. I am sorry," She looked at the Elf again with her bright blue eyes.

[Edited on 07/18/2013 by Legolas23]
ElewenMae
Council Member
Send Message
Himwen observed the pair across the room as she waited for Linriel to respond. They were an odd pair, but they seemed to be getting on well. She sipped at her drink, smiling to herself.
Are you over it? Bored to death? Have you had enough regret? Take a stand, raise your hands, If you're sick of it!
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
She nodded, not ready to speak more of her own loss.
"Where are you staying?" She asked.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel took several sips from her mug as she once again touched the hilt of the sword. She closed her eyes, remembering, and wondered how much she should say. Looking at Himwen she simply said, "It seems like all of us here at the inn are seeking something...or someone."
ElewenMae
Council Member
Send Message
Himwen nodded absently. "Forgive me if I offend you... But what are you seeking, my friend?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"I take no offense at your question. I am seeking justice. Justice for one who was stolen from my life," Linriel replied. She beckoned to the innkeeper to refill their mugs.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" No, well not in a room that is. Most of the time when I stop at inns, I can't pay for a room, and i have to intention of stealing so I can have the pleasure of a bed for one night. I sleep in the chair, or sometimes, not at all," Iellwen said. She looked around the room and saw an Elf by the name of Linriel occasionally looking at her. She wondered what she thought of her. Iellwen saw kindness in her eyes, but also a fierce desire for, what? She did not know. Then she looked toward Adonnenneil again. "Why are you here?"

[Edited on 07/19/2013 by Legolas23]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel pushed the bread and greens towards Himwen. "Help yourself," she said. "So you have named your weapons, they are good names." Again, Linriel put her hand on the jeweled hilt of the sword.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
"I have wandered many years" she answered. "I do not have a permanent home. I came this direction and decided to stay here tonight. You may stay with me, if you like. It's much quieter in a room"
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" Thank you," Iellwen said. " I do not think i have slept in a bed for, almost three months! I have been sleeping on the ground for most of the time," She brushed some of her black locks from her face and took her last bite of cheese. " The Elf over there," she said nodding to Linriel. " Who is she? Do you know her?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel noticed the human child look her way. She did not want to get involved in anyone else's business. Let the Elf she is with take care of her. But then she thought, for some reason, we have all come to this inn at the same time.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen felt a sudden desire to talk to her. But she did not want to approach her. Something held her back.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen felt a sudden desire to talk to her. But she did not want to approach her. Something held her back.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Another elf enters. Her name is Merilwen, and she is dirty and tired from a long journey. Her waist-length blonde hair is a kind of muddy brown and she has straw all over her clothes. She stands awkwardly in the doorway, then asks the general public: "Does... anyone know where the stables are?"
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The innkeeper calls his son. "My boy will take you to the stables," he tells her.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen studies the Elf. She looked tired and dirty. Iellwen wondered where she had come from and what her story was.
ElewenMae
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen said:Linriel pushed the bread and greens towards Himwen. "Help yourself," she said. "So you have named your weapons, they are good names." Again, Linriel put her hand on the jeweled hilt of the sword.

"Thank you." Himwen gratefully took a bite of bread. "Where are you from, Linriel?" She asked, observing the Elf who had just entered as she did.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
"I do not know her," Adonnenniel replied, "nor anyone else here."
She noticed that Linriel had been watching them and felt a bit uneasy.Would she mind her own business or ask too many questions. She did not want to find herself in an even more awkward situation than she already was.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The Innkeeper's son led Merilwen to the stables and enquired about her business there.
"I have a friend who might come along this way," she said, "but she has a horse and asked me to scope out the stables in the area first." She kept her face straight as she spoke, but could not contain a small excited smile as she finished.
"So I'll just look around, if you don't mind... You can go in if you want."
"I don't think you should be out here unaccompanied." The boy replied.
"Don't be silly! I'll be fine!" the elf countered, and the Innkeeper's son returned alone, leaving Merilwen in the stables, grinning and with a strange look in her eyes...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email