Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel noticedMerilwen immediately, she intends to keep a close eye on this one. Something seems amiss; elves do not like to get dirty, and Merilwen's behavior seemed very odd.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen noticed the slight frown in Adonnenneil's face. " She does seem odd," she responded.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
"Yes, she does." Adonnenniel takes her time finishing her stew. She had no expectations to meet anyone tonight and now she feels a bit in over her head. She wonders at the significance of this meeting. And something more seems to be going on in the room. Is this why she is still here these 50 years later? A glimmer of purpose awakens in her, though it is very small. She wonders how much to tell Iellwen. She feels like she owes her more than she has said, but it is so painful. She decided to wait, Iellwen would likely ask her more questions when she wanted to know. She looks around the room again. Linriel and Himwen seem to be enjoying themselves, they also seem fairly observant.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen looked down and tucked in the necklace that was hanging from her neck. It was on a long gold chain with a red jewel at the end. a gold flower was etched on the surface. Seeing Adonnenneil look at the necklace, she said, " My father gave it to me on my 13th birthday. He made it himself. I have worn it ever since, not that is was that long ago,"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked at Himwen. She knew that once you start talking to someone that questions would be asked. But she had nothing to hide. "I am from over the Misty Mountains. I left my people long ago to start a life of my own. I am searching for one who was taken from me by a band of Easterlings heading in this direction. I have been traveling this way for about 6 months." Once again, Linriel's hand went to her sword. "What about you?" she asked Himwen. "What brings you this way?"
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella, a female Elf walked in the pub. She left home for her desire to know and to train herself fighting and hunting. Her family was simple and humble though they didn't support her choice but wished her to fulfil her desire. For many years she was wandering learning about all the legends, races and folks and slaying evil creatures. She liked to walk in shadows, unnoticed, to remain unknown.

A greenish travel cloak covered his long dark hair as her fighting clothes, her blow and her arrows. Her grey eyes pierced in the dark. She sat in a corner trying to remain unnoticed. She was thirsty. Maybe she would order a beer. She would like to have some rest after many weeks without a soft and warm bed.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The hour was getting late but more and more travelers were coming to the inn. The fire was burning brightly. People were eating and drinking and there was lots of lively talking. Some, however, were lost in their own thoughts, not wanting to get involved with others and share their secrets. Linriel was glad to be sitting with Himwen. She was eager to hear the Elf's story.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel smiled, "Then it is a great treasure indeed. May it ever bring you good fortune and preserve good memories." She is getting a bit anxious now, so many elves in a place not near an elven community, at least not one she is aware of, and she is the only one of them engaging a human. Someone is bound to ask questions of her sooner or later.
"Shall we stay down here a while, or retire for the evening?" she askes.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen remained outside the stables, but now another elf joined her. The other elf, by the name of Beriadanwen, was also scruffy and covered in straw. She carried a large sack.
"Did you bring the pig?" Merilwen asked her friend.
"Yeah, and it weighs a ton." Beriadanwen replied
"And the paint?"
"Yeah, yeah." she handed over the slightly squirming sack.
Taking the items, Merilwen grinned. "I'll soon have this pig looking exactly like that horse!"
Seeing Beriadanwen's skeptical look, she sighed. "Ok. Maybe not. But trust me, it'll work better this way.

Later, Merilwen placed the then fully painted pig in a stable, where a horse had previously been.
"There," she said, "now we just need to wait. The owner will come out eventually."
[Edited on 07/20/2013 by wolfbladequeen]

[Edited on 07/20/2013 by wolfbladequeen]
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
After two or three beers, Ella was more comfortable but never letting her guard down. Finally she took of her hood showing her dark hair flowing to the end of her back like a river. She had a scar on her face and some others over her body but were hidden. However, she didn't lost her beauty. She hadn't trust to go talk to someone though if someone came to her she probably wouldn't mind. The elf ordered another one.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen thought for a moment. " I would like to retire for the evening, i think. With all the newcomers, it is getting quite loud, don't you think?"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Just as lellwen spoke, another patron entered. Her clothes were tattered and worn, ut the most noticable thing about her was the bow and quiver of arrows strung over her back. She took a seat, but kept her hood cast over her face, her features hidden by shadow.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella noticed the newcomer that entered on that moment. Like herself, she didn't want to reveal her identity. She lifted one eyebrow and didn't stop staring at the newcomer. There was something in her that made Ella feel very suspicious.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen looked at the women and tried to see under the cloak. she could not though. so many people had come to the inn that she wondered if something was amiss.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel requested a room for the night and returned with a key. She was quite ready to leave the busy dining area.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen followed her us to the room and entered as she unlocked the door and opened it. The room was furnished with two beds and a table. The curtains of the window were drawn back. Iellwen went to it and looked out.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel sat down on the edge of the bed. She set down her small bag and took off the knife she carried under her clothes. She felt much more relaxed already, away from the noise, away from the eyes. Iellwen was looking out the window. She must be thinking, perhaps planning. What did she mean by "in hiding"? Where would she go, how would she provide for herself? She watched her silently, deciding what to say, half expecting to be asked to share her life story.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella looked at the two women going out with a key. She didn't care that much. But about the woman with the hood covering her face...
Maybe I know her... Maybe I don't... But I reckon I've seen her before...
These thoughts were running through her mind while she was trying to discover what was her face like.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen came round from the stables.
"Half a pint and a decent meal, please." she asked the innkeeper. She glanced around, noticing several other elves, and chose an empty table by a window.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The voices of the room were starting to lull Linriel to sleep. She wanted to finish her meal and get to her room when she noticed Beriadanwen come in with a sly grin on her face.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen saw Linriel watching her. She knew she would have to be careful. Not too obvious. Nothing dramatic. So she slipped a couple of mice out of her pocket and lowered them gently onto the inn floor.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel laughed when she saw some of the patrons trying to get away from the mice. There was lots of screaming. How silly to act in such a way over so small a thing. Linriel reached down and whispered something and the mice scampered right into her hand.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen scowled. How dare her mice act so kindly towards a stranger! But then she stopped and thought for a minute. Mice, she thought, are sweet. And deserve being treated well. So instead she smiled at Linriel, not evilly, but nicely.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel saw Beriadanwen watching her, first with a scowl, then with a smile. Linriel could not help but think of her own childhood when all the small creatures were her friends. Holding the mice, she excused herself from Himwen and got up and went to Beriadanwen's table. Gently putting them down she said, "There are some who would try to hurt these dear creatures. Best to keep them close at hand."

[Edited on 07/23/2013 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The younger elf took the mice gently and put them in her large pockets. She wanted to ask Linriel to sit with her, but was hesitant; she had always been wary of unknown company
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel glanced back at her table and noticed Himwen was dozing off. She looked at the younger elf and wondered if she would mind some company. "May I sit with you for a while? My name is Linriel and I have travelled here from beyond the Misty Mountains."
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen smiled. "Sure" she answered awkwardly. "I am Beriadanwen and I have been traveling from the Elven Halls of Mirkwood with my cousin Merilwen."
As she spoke, she attempted to rub some of the dirt off her tatty clothes.

[Edited on 07/23/2013 by wolfbladequeen]
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
The elf watched everything that was happening in the shadow of her corner. Of ‘course those mice didn’t scared her at all so she didn’t made move. The two elves Linriel and Beriadanwen were now close and the youngest was smiling.
Elves... she thought There are some here and that’s quite odd I guess... I’m an elf as well but my heart is like a dwarf’s despite my looking. Oh! I wish there were dwarves here.
She sighed. Maybe she would go back home. Ella was not ease to make friends and talk to strangers. In the end she was just a wander.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel wondered about the female elf in the corner. The elf seemed like she might want to talk but Linriel was a little hesitant to approach her. Sometimes people wanted to be left alone. Besides she was enjoying herself talking to Beriadanwen. Linriel wondered about the other female elf who took the human girl under her wing.

[Edited on 07/24/2013 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"So what brings you here, Linriel?" Beriadanwen asked.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel closed her eyes. She once again, touched the jeweled hilt of the sword at her side. She told Beriadanwen, "I am searching for one who was taken from me by a band of Easterlings. They headed this way some months ago and I am following the trail as best as I can."

"What is your story?" asked Linriel.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"I left the forest of Mirkwood with my cousin Merilwen, because we were unwelcome there after an incident with a mad pig... anyway we left, with the pig, to try and find somewhere we could belong. We picked up the mice on the way, when they were fleeing from a house fire. Apart from each other, we have no family that we know of." Beriadanwen replied in a quietly.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message

Ella wasn’t paying attention to their conversation. She didn’t like to peek on other’s business. However, her keen ear picked up the young saying she left Mirkwood. She became watchful hoping to hear news from her birth place. For many years she left and had no news from there. Despite she wouldn’t talk to strangers usually she stood up and walked to their table.
“I am sorry to disturb you. I am Ella. ” she started in a very polite way “I could not stop hearing about Mirkwood and would be very pleased to hear news from that forest.”
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"See, we had to look after some pigs for a day, and we fed them. One of them was much sweeter than all the rest, so we gave it a treat... of garlic. Turned out the pig didn't much like the stuff, so it... went on the rampage. Damaged some homes, knocked people over, though there were no serious injuries. We tried, and failed to catch it. Eventually it ran to the river, by this time rather enjoying itself. Some elves with more authority came to deal with it. It-" Beriadanwen broke off to control her giggles. "It spouted water at their faces. Lets just say that they weren't too happy. So they made us leave, and the pig owner didn't want the disgraceful pig, so we took it with us."
When Beriadanwen finished her story she noticed another elf standing by the table. "I'm afraid I haven't much news to tell. I was only there for a few weeks. But the forest was flourishing, and the people seemed happy enough."

[Edited on 07/24/2013 by wolfbladequeen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen, bored of staking out the stables, returned to the inn. Noticing Beriadanwen, she hailed her "Hey! Beri!"
Then she noticed the two elves she was with. "Oh. Hi. I'm, eh, her cousin." she said, motioning to Beriadanwen.
"Em, Beri. Have you found out where we are yet?" she asked.
Beriadanwen shook her head, so Merilwen repeated the question, to the two elves

[Edited on 07/24/2013 by wolfbladequeen]
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email