Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel smiled, she was pleased that Iellwen had a friend, she was not entirely alone in the world, but at the same time she was concerned about this relationship. Iellwen was a few years too young for a sweetheart, she thought. She hoped this boy would not lead her into furthur trouble or worse, break her heart even more.

"I will stay," she said, "I am in no hurry, not even sure where I am going yet." She picked up on some clue, a warning maybe?, that she was needed here. She reflected a moment, then very lightly put her hand on Iellwen's shoulder. The energy of such direct physical contact surprised her, how long had it been since she had done that?
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen looked at her hand that rested now on her shoulder and smiled. When Addonnenniel took her hand off, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a paper. It was a note from Adien. " He gave me this before I left," It read: Iellwen, I am sorry about your fathers death and I will do everything in my power to help you. I am leaving in four days to help you track the murders. In about three days, you will reach and inn. stay there until i can join you. your's always, Adien. She pulled a dried and pressed rose from the ribbon that had held the paper. " A rose is my favorite flower. He would bring them to me almost every day. But this one is special. So, i dried and pressed it and do everything i can not to crush it," she smiled. " But it has lost a few petals here and there when i was being careless.
Eruanna elven
Council Member
Send Message
sighing, Eruanna said "I once had a big family to, but they to have left middle-earth, so I feel your pain, but I think it strange for so many elves to meet in one place these strange days."
Water, ice, and air, these are the elements I understand. What's your element? -Eruanna
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
"It is a lovely gift" said Adonnenniel. She wasn't sure exactly how to respond, the rose, with its meaning, had surprised her. She did entirely understand human ways, and had no real experience herself in these matters. She hoped for Iellwen's sake this relationship would remain innocent and sweet and not get too serious too soon.

Things seemed to be getting quiet downstairs; it must be getting late, she thought. She stood, closed the curtains, and began getting ready for bed.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Eruanna elven
Council Member
Send Message
Eruanna woke up eary that morning,and went downstairs to order some food.
he thought "what if the elves move into Lorien would the White Lady accept them?"
Water, ice, and air, these are the elements I understand. What's your element? -Eruanna
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The cousins woke up abruptly as they heard Eruanna on the stairs. They were confused about his conversation with Ella the previous day, but invited him to sit at their table.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella had fallen asleep in the table either. She stood up and asked a bath to the innkeeper. After some time waiting she could finally take a long warm bath. When she went to the pub again she looked like a totally different elf. Her long dark hair was brushed and shone beautifully. Her pale skin looked like it was pouring a slight brightness. Her grey eyes had acquired a new strength.

“Good morning” she said sitting in the table where the cousins were.
Eruanna elven
Council Member
Send Message
"My Ella, you look gorgeous this morning!" Eruanna said at his spot by the twins.
"your hair reminds me so much of the water in Lorien."
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel closed the curtains and went to her bed. Iellwen pulled the blankets back and layed down on the soft mattress. she closed her eyes and quickly fell asleep. she dreamed of many things
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel lay herself down, but sleep came slowly. Her mind was in a whirl. It had been so long since the fate of another person had directly involved her, she realized anew just how little she could control in the world and how small was her part, like a drop of rain in a lake. At last she slept and in her dreams they searched for her still, she was one of the few who had hidden and escaped.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel knew she must get some rest. Drinking the last of her ale, she stood and bade all a peaceful night. She went to the stable to check on her horse and noticed a beautiful full moon. Going to the shore of the lake, she looked up and marveled at all the stars. She so loved the night sky. Linriel was not sure which way to travel in the morning. The trail she was following was leading her nowhere. Oh, please let me chose the right path, she thought as she looked at the stars. Suddenly a blue flash streaked across the sky! A shooting star! It was going towards the south. Very well. South it is. She went inside, settled in her room, and slept a dreamless sleep.

[Edited on 07/29/2013 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella looked at the Elf. “I am very grateful for your kindness. I hope to see the water of Lórien one day.”

She looked for the cousins. “How was your night? Feeling better?”

Then she wondered where Linriel was. She had a great respect for that Elf and was looking forward to know her better.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel opened her eyes to a beautiful morning. No dreams and she was thankful for that. She was going out to the waterfall and get cleaned up before having something to eat. Then she might be on her way..South.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen woke early the sun kissed the hills beyond. She saw that Addonnenneil was still asleep. Quietly she slipped on her boots and buckled her belt. her sword hung from her slim waist. she opened the door quietly and slipped out. walking through the once busy front room she went outside. walking outside she knelt by the lake and cupped the cool water in her hands. splashing her face she patted it dry.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel enjoyed the cool water and as she walked back to the inn, she noticed Iellwen at the water's edge. She never spoke to the girl so she went to her. "Good morning, I am Linriel."
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen looked up. She still trusted no one but Adien and Addonnenneil. She said," Greetings Linriel," She did not give her her name incase she was in contact with the men who were hunting her. but she highly doubted she was.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The child seemed untrusting and that was fine with Linriel. One can never be too careful when traveling, especially alone. "Is your companion still asleep?" asked Linriel. Linriel was getting hungry and started to walk back towards the inn. She wanted to talk to the other elf, Ella.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel woke suddenly. She looked toward the window; Iellwen was gone. She rose quickly and dressed, wondering what had happened, if Iellwen had been gone long. A flurry of thoughts ran through her mind, all sharing the common denominator that she had messed everything up. She knew that was ridiculous, but she still hurried. She floated down the stairs silently, checking the position of her knife, her dreams had disturbed her with old memories and she did not know what she might face at any moment. Not seeing Iellwen in the dining room, she slipped outside. She saw her at the edge of the lake, along with another elf who had been there last night.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" Yes, she is. Did you travel alone as well?" She studied the Elf's face. She looked into her eyes. she seemed a little...uneasy maybe? she didnt seem like she trusted iellwen anymore then she trusted Linriel.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel deliberately slowed her steps, hoping her sense of urgency and unease would not be noticed. Iellwen was a smart girl, she didn't seem to be in danger. She decided she was here for the same reason as the others.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel had nothing to hide. "Yes, I am alone. It is easier to travel that way and I have much to do. I am searching for someone who was taken from our home by Easterlings and I am trying to pick up the trial." Linriel was surprised she told the child so much, but so what? She will be on her way soon. Linriel saw Adonnenniel walking up to them.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen looked over and saw Adonnenneil coming slowly towards her. she smiled at her and then turned her attention back to Linriel. She opened her mouth to speak but she looked towards the road and saw someone staggering toward the inn. she stood and walked a few steps. " Adien," she whispered. She began to run in his direction. " Adien!" she shouted. the young man looked up and waved.

[Edited on 07/29/2013 by Legolas23]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel saw Iellwen run to Adien. Was he hurt or just very tired? She stayed back, letting them have their meeting. She was close to Linriel now and greeted her quietly. She wondered how much Linriel had guessed and what conclusions she had come to about her and Iellwen. She decided to volunteer nothing and wait and see what Linriel asked her.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"I see you have taken the child under your wing." said Linriel. "It is good for you to watch over her but I see she knows that boy. He seems to be hurt. Let us go see what is going on."

[Edited on 07/29/2013 by Lindarielwen]
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
They embraced each other. " Adien, you are early! Is something wrong" " No, nothing is wrong," he said. She touched his arm and he winced. She looked him in the eye and then saw that his sleeve was not a sleeve, but a dark red bandage. " Something is wrong!" she said unwrapping the bandage. She gasped. Several long bloody gashes lines his arm. His whole arm was covered in dried blood. " Come to the lake, we will wash this off. What is wrong with you leg?" she asked. " What do you mean?" " Adien don't hide anything from me. You are limping and you dont limp from an arm injury. Come to the lake and show me," The two walked silently to the lake, Adien leaning a bit on the shoulder Iellwen provided him. They reached the lake and they both sat.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Oh..My..Stars...she thought, seeing Adien's wounds. Things were getting more serious by the minute. The sight of blood was like a trigger, images from the past flashed before her eyes, she couldn't stop them, and she knew if anyone looked at her now, they would know she was having flashbacks.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen and Beriadanwen greeted Ella, then Merilwen stepped outside for some fresh air. She noticed the foursome by the lakeside. Linriel was there, then two others, and... wait... she was sure she had seen the boy before... for some reason she felt ill towards him... but she could also sense that something was not quite right.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen put the ruined bandaged on he ground. She tore his other sleeve. He began to protest. " Do you want this to be infected or not?" she said flatly with out pausing in her work. He closed his mouth. " Lean forward and put your arm in the water" He did so and hissed as the cool water cleansed his wounds. it washed some of the dried blood away as well. She wrapped his wet arm in the new bandage. " Now take off your boot and let me see your leg" without a word, he did so. His leg looked about the same as his arm, with long red gashes and lots of dried blood. She tore the bottom of her light blue shirt underneath her leather tunic and after washing his leg, wrapped it as well. They sat there for awhile in silence. " Does it hurt?" she asked. " A little" he responded." what happened?" " what do you think happened?" she looked at him for a while and then smiled.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen saw the injuries. She didn't know what to do. Everyone was focused on the boy, except for one who simply looked shocked... no-one seemed to have noticed her yet... she felt an inclination not to help, just to run and keep running, but she couldn't just walk away from someone in pain either.
She stood there, paralysed with indecision.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen whispered so no one else could hear, " Did you" she paused. Before she could continue he said, " One of them, but the other two escaped" She nodded. She looked at the Elf standing there. She recognized her from last night. She still had some straw on her and dirt in her hair. she studied her. she seemed to be hiding something.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen saw the young girl notice her. She tried to speak but her mouth was too dry. It was too late to run now. Her eyes had a wild look about them, and she was almost as pale as the young boy who was so haunting to her.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel finally snapped out of it. It wasn't the first time she had had flashbacks, but it hadn't happened in many years and the force of her past memories shocked her, one would think she would be over that by now. Iellwen and Adien seemed to have forgotten she was there. Iellwen probably hadn't seen her moment of shock, which left her relieved and disappointed at the same time. She hurried over to them, it occurred to her that they should be gotten out of site as quickly as possible.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen then remembered. she was the girl with the men at the night of the killing of her horse. She jumped up and tackled her to the ground, pulling her knife out of the hidden sheath in her pants. pressing it to her throat she shouted, " What are yo here for? Where are they?" She knew that this Elf would know who she was talking about
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen lay there in shock. "We left... they... killed. A horse. We didn't know they could be so brutal. And with my uncle DEAD, thanks to your friend there... we had no reason to stay. No place to stay either, which is why we take this road. What is HE doing here? And..." against her better nature, she was worried, "is he alright?"
She did not try to struggle, not because she felt her opponent to be the more skilled, but because she did not care anymore. She could die, if that was to be her fate. The world wouldn't care. Her only regrets were for her cousin, who would be left alone.
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email