Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: You Know What Really Grind My Gears?
on: April 17, 2013 10:24
Oh, I passionately dislike Writer's Block! IT. IS. SO. ANNOYING.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: You Know What Really Grind My Gears?
on: April 24, 2013 02:32
Yes, but we all must live with it, lol:/
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
i think when people are always trying to but into others business. it is so annoying!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
People who either don't use their turn signals when driving, or decide to use them after the light has changed.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Pedestrians who cross the street wherever and whenever they feel like it, on the phone, texting, or otherwise not paying attention.

Drivers who look right at you when you are on a bicycle and then proceed as if you did not exist.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I agree Huldah!!!
When people can stuff their face with loads of food and not gain an ounce of fat. Then I eat some cookies and feel ten pounds heavier!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Yes Rodwen that bugs me A TON. It seems I no longer have a fast metabolism like some people. Whatever I eat catches up with me. I'm actually quite jealous that some people can eat loads of unhealthy food and never suffer for it. I also hate getting stuck behind elderly people in the left lane while driving who are going 15 mph UNDER the speed limit. And I'm not even speeding. I just need to get to where I'm going, and it's like they're just driving to a picnic or something

And on a side note, HuldahMaria, I really love your siggys! Colton Dixon is a new favorite for me and I always hear his beautiful voice on the radio
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Me too. Another thing that bugs me is when people in school that are insecure about themselves so they pick secure people and make their lives miserable. This happens to me a lot. Some popular girls decided to spread a rumor about me and it just got so nasty! Bleh...NEVER spread rumors. >
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Well, just don't let it get to you. Let your character speak for you. They're gonna keep on being insecure, and people who know you better will know that the rumors are not true. And don't be mean to them in return, either. They're gonna expect you to be mean or talk about them in return. That only gives them more fuel to hate you or spread rumors about you. Instead, be nice to them in return. There's nothing more frustrating to them to see that the person they're trying to bring down is still going strong and is even nice to them. Believe me, I've experienced this That bugs me too, but there will always be people like that in life. It's guaranteed. So you just have to learn to deal with them
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah ditto what lotrelessar said. Besides, nothing defeats the purpose behind the rumor than showing that you don't care. It will frustrate them so bad lol.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
How did that double post? That is so weird lol..and I just noticed too.

[Edited on 05/20/2013 by LegolasXXXXX]
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Kill 'em with kindness lol

Ok here's another thing that "grinds my gears." Candy Crush Saga. On Facebook. Grrr... Just when I think that people actually like my posts, and I get 20 world notification icon thingies, I find that it's all requests from people for Candy Crush Saga. Why did I ever have to start that game.... my mistake.

But on a more serious note... When people know you're a Christian and they come up to you and ask you the strangest things... "Wait, are you allowed to swear?" (Um, God's not gonna strike me with a lightning bolt if I do, but I choose not to because there's so many good things you can say) "Do you HAVE to go to church on Sundays" (No. I go out of free will. I am not dragged to church and I enjoy going ) "Do you have a dress code?" (Nope.) and the best one "Isn't Jesus too nice to send people to Hell?" (There is no one-word answer for that. I'll explain later. Excellent question, though).
I'm not saying that it's wrong for people to ask questions, I welcome questions. I get some really good ones, too. But when people think you live under a rock..
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
W.o.w.

I dislike kids that talk about gory video games all the time...It Really Grinds My Gears.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
With ya on that one Legolas! Boys do that in school and they have to sit behind me. I just want to turn around and slap them!
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
What you can do, is dream about sticking them in that video game they are talking about.

People wonder why the kids of our generation are so violent...look at the video games they play. You see 8 year olds playing M17+ games and worse...no wonder they are all screwed up.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, just don't let it get to you. Let your character speak for you. They're gonna keep on being insecure, and people who know you better will know that the rumors are not true. And don't be mean to them in return, either. They're gonna expect you to be mean or talk about them in return. That only gives them more fuel to hate you or spread rumors about you. Instead, be nice to them in return. There's nothing more frustrating to them to see that the person they're trying to bring down is still going strong and is even nice to them. Believe me, I've experienced this That bugs me too, but there will always be people like that in life. It's guaranteed. So you just have to learn to deal with them

That is very true. Sounds exactly like a verse I have heard I don't know how many times: "Therefore, if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for is so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head." Romans 12:20, KJV (in my opinion, the only version to use. )

Yes! It is so horrible! I don't even like video games...except for a very few. Battle Front 2 is pretty much the only war game I'll play, and only on occasion at that. (Unless you count Lego LotR and Logo Indiana Jones as war games...but I practically never play those anyway.)

Something that "Really Grinds My Gears" is people who are older then me that act like 4-year-olds. Uuugggghhh. Like yesterday...we were at the Homeschool Conference, and some of our friends couldn't be there on the second day, but one of their sons was there and he had a table, so they asked us to keep an eye one him. Anywho, I had to watch the table at one point, and there were these dudes hanging around. Not buying anything, just standing there. Our friend who had the table would make and sell custom made Para-cord Bracelets, so he had to have one of those candle lighter thingies to melt the ends of the bracelet. Well, one of the guys that was standing there asked to hold the lighter and I guess he wanted to just play with it. I didn't let him have it though. THIS DUDE WAS OLDER THEN ME!!! (Not to mention a lot taller...) A couple minutes after this little indecent, the dude walked away.

And (this has probably be mentioned) Litterbugs. I live out in the country and I still see litter on the sides of the road. Seriously, either put your garbage in the trash can or go to the dump. Don't leave it lying around for other people to pick up.

[Edited on 05/20/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
I hate that too Mareth. There's so much trash in my neighborhood it's sad. It used to be a cleaner place when I was younger.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When I walk around the little lake, I usually take a bag with me to pick up trash even though we have someone to do that. I do not understand why people throw trash out of their car windows....or dump furniture along the side of the road.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
One time, a couple of my siblings, a friend, and I were walking down the road and we came to place where it looked like someone had emptied their house right there on the side of the road. Shoes, bottles, cans...bleh. And there is also a place that people have turned into a dump. Like seriously. So much trash it's not even funny.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
"Legolas! What do your elf-eyes tell you!"
"A sofa, two chairs, a table and a cupboard. Yrch, curse them!"
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
I dislike it when people say some things are biblical and they are obviously not! like, some people i know say that it says that women cant have jobs, cant wear pants etc. that is so not true!
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I agree, Legolas, I've heard some weird things like that before And I totally agree about the littering. The one time when we were out driving, we saw some guy throw a WHOLE CHEEZIT BOX out of the car window!! Not even joking! It was ridiculous.

Another thing that annoys me is when people hold grudges. I understand that everyone gets frustrated with a person's actions at times (ok, maybe a lot), but after the person has apologized or the issue has been resolved, you don't have to hold on to that anger anymore. When you do, you bring other people down or make them angry, too. Holding grudges (to me) is selfish, and life is too short to be bitter about something that has already been forgiven or resolved. Someone in my family does this a lot (not naming names but I think my sibs know who ) and it annoys me A BUNCH. I don't think they realize it though...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I completely agree, lotrelessar! When I get mad, I'm mad for a few minutes, and then my crazy awesome sisters make me un-mad.

I've heard stories about a sibling holding something against one of their siblings for like, twenty years, and then they finally get over it. And that's just so horrible! Twenty years of your life wasted in a relationship with your sibling over something they did several years previous is just sad.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ohh, I will revive this thread!

I really hate it when the people's house I wait outside of to get on the bus, who KNOW the seven of us WAIT THERE EVERY WEEKDAY do NOT SHOVEL THEIR DRIVEWAYS WHEN THERE IS THREE FEET OF SNOW ON THE GROUND. And they leave for work the same time that we all get there and just get in their nice warm cars and go to work! Annoying!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I'm afraid I'm bad for holding grudges... but only when I keep falling out with the same person over the same thing and she doesn't even realise what she's doing...

I seriously can't stand when people blatantly copy your work then deny it... then get in a huff and say they will never help you with your work again, when they are the one who asks you for help! And when people pretend to know about something, for example LotR, then can't even name the fellowship. I don't mind people knowing more than me, but I hate it when people pretend just to show off.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love your new avi, Mareth! It suits you.

Wolfie, there's a girl who sits next to me in French and in Earth Science who does that exact thing!!!! At least the copying. I have few freinds to begin with, and only a small percentege of them already like LOTR, but I was talking to this senior in gym who was all "Kili this" and "Kili that!" But she knew nothing else of the storyline, except for an attractive dwarf.
Silmelirie
Council Member
Send Message
I agree with you guys, so I'll say: What really grinds my gears is posers.

I don't like fake people. I just don't understand why someone would lie and pretend to like/care/know about something if they really don't. Just to get attention.

[Edited on 01/28/2014 by Silmelirie]
~*You are not wrong, who deem That my days have been a dream; Yet if hope has flown away In a night, or in a day, In a vision, or in none, Is it therefore the less gone? All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream.*~
ImageImageImage
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Narcissists.
People who seem to believe the world revolves around them.
@Silmelirie: that pretty much covers your posers, though I believe narcissists cover more territory.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Agreed.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
When you politely ask someone to stop and they ignore you and keep on doing what you asked them not to.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
In my experience asking someone politely to stop just makes me do it more...I mean, makes them do it more.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, tarc.

When your driving, and people speed around you super fast.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
When people try to make others like them by being so darn fake! :/
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When people bump into you and don't apologize.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
When people brag about themselves all the time and they're not even good!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email