Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When people start RPG threads, post ten times, and never return to them.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
When people post JUST to up their amount of posts! Just doing it for a competition!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
^^ I totally agree. Or if they post just 2 or three words just to boost their numbers Another thing that annoys me are those people who talk and talk about everything and nothing at the same time. The ones who are super drama-filled and shallow and look at you weirdly when you talk about anything smart, educational or nerdy Also people who demand attention bother me too, who always want to be in the spotlight. That is all the venting I will do for now
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
HAHAHAHahahahaaa, nice Sam XD
I agree about the drama A LOT!
I also hate when friends leave you for other "better" friends.
And when parents think it's weird that you're friends with someone of the opposite sex.
And lastly when guys wont hang out with me cuz they think their girlfriends will get jealous er something.

[Edited on 02/06/2014 by EthelynnGreenleaf]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
When you get older, EthelynnGreenleaf, it will be much easier to hang out with guys who have girlfriends. Jealously is the insecurity of youth.

I agree with you, Maxie, about people starting a role play and then not posting. Just work around them but you do need at least one other player.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I also hate clingers. people who follow you around because they have no one else to be with. You know, there's nothing wrong with being alone.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, but even loners get lonely sometimes
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When people seem to forget what a yield sign means. At the mall near me, people do that all the time: They will wave us along when they are the ones who have the right of way. Driving has really opened up a can of worms with me.

[Edited on 02/13/2014 by findemaxam48]
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
It really grinds my gears when people who have never read Lord of the Rings are in Tolkien BOOK forums stating their thoughts and opinions on things. If you haven't read the books, or find them too hard to read or boring and don't finish them, don't pollute Tolkien Book forums with your thoughts and opinions on books you haven't read! That is what the MOVIE forums are for! Nothing is sacred anymore... Curse you Peter Jackson.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I thought of a few in school today:

-When people hum. I have no idea why, the buzzing sound really annoys me.
-Bad grammar and inncorrect punctuation, like run-on sentences.
-Capitalization of entire words in emails and posts unless you and the person you are chatting with are excited about something. Either way, I prefer italics or bolding. Capitalization makes me feel like someone is under attack and needs help from Aragorn.
-The use of emoticons like :/ when there is no little emoticon that pops up like this on the site.
-Whistling, but part of that is probably because I cannot do it myself.
-Tongue clicking
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
EthelynnGreenleaf said:When people post JUST to up their amount of posts! Just doing it for a competition!

Ooh, I do this somtimes, but sometimes I can't figure out anything else to say in response. Like if someone posts a picture on the photography thread, I'll say, "Nice!" because there isn't anything more to say... Hmm, perhaps I shall try harder next time.

Hoiw about when people post on site rules threads that were made ten years ago when the site was, and say things like "Looks good!"...even if they have been members for quite a long time.

Another thing I just thought of a second ago was how people can say things that aren't hurtful to them but are to you without realizing it. This is more personal, for me. I have a friend who complains about her older brothers a lot, and that just kills me because I don;t have one. He died shortly after he was born, and as I got older, I started to think what it would be like to have a brother a year older than I was. Sometimes I just want to discuss that with a friend, but it makes that peraon feel awkward and they change the subject rather than talk through it with me.

OK, I am done for now.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^ That works Maxie

Another thing that REALLY grinds my gears is when a guy I like is dating someone and yet he STILL makes me believe he likes me!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The guy I like claims he has no interest in dating.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Another thing that REALLY grinds my gears is when a guy I like is dating someone and yet he STILL makes me believe he likes me!!
He likely doesn't want to completely burn down an optional bridge? How does he make you believe he likes you? Does he like you? Or is he just looking for a fall-back for when his current date dumps him? All things gear-grindable I say.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
When people start RPG threads, post ten times, and never return to them.

Yes, the disappearing writer.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
^^ I started a thread with someone, and I really liked it, and it was progressing well, and now that person is MIA.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
When someone THINKS you know what's wrong with them, but they wont tell you anything.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
People who are hands on in a creepy way...
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^^^ hahahahahhaaaaa

When my mom cares sooooo deeply about chores getting done :/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When people are tryhards in gym.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^^ HAHAHAHAHAhahahahaaaaa^^^^ That's KINDA me XD

When people are popular and yet everyone hates them :/
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
When people are smart and no one bothers to ask them things... especially when they say '(Insert name), you're smart, what is...' and they don't know the answer but you do... I hate that...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
When people buy whatever they want when they have no money :/ And yet they STILL get anything and everything they want!
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
People skipping queues. Grr...
Also, hypocrites. Fair enough if it's a joke, but some people just really don't get that they're doing things wrong, and tell you you're the one who's wrong instead...
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
People who like to be jerks all the time just to see you get mad! ESPECIALLY siblings!!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
How about when people complain they have no money after buying a lot of stuff? *coughs* *ahem* some family members *ahem*
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
^^^ hahahahaaaa I AGREE CONSIDERABLY!!

When your friends promises they wont leave you for their boyfriend, and yet they continually act like you don't exist and this boy is their whole world.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Or when your friends ignore you for another friend!
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Yah, ^^^ I get that ^^^

When your mom gets mad when you don't answer her, BUT she also gets mad when you do!!!!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I just thought of this one today: when teachers make four question quizes. Are you kidding me? So I get one wrong and I get a 75%!?!?!?!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
And when people talk to me when Im trying to type. *My mother is reading this over my shoulder now.*
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
When my dad bugs me to do my instruments, but always tells me to stop singing. Singing is still a kind of music! I need to practice just as much!
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
People making judgments and being critical of physical appearances. This has been bugging me a lot lately. Making assumptions or labeling a person based on a their appearance, hair, dress, etc... in my opinion is very narrow minded. You judge a person by how they treat others, their actions. Not by their jewelry, or the fact that they're wearing t-shirts or bright colors.
I recently read two news articles, one was about a girl getting kicked out of school for being tomboyish and having short hair, another was about a girl being suspended for shaving her head in support of her friend who has cancer.
Why do people place so much importance on physical appearances?
I know several people who have piercings, tattoos, and a "scary" appearance who are the sweetest people. You really can't go by what a person looks like.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I agree, star. Up here, in my school at least, there are tons of negative stereotypes about the way people are dressed. I made a new friend recently who can be defined as "goth" because of her dark and "wierd" clothes and make up. But she really is so nice, and Im beginning to get accustomed to her appearence. I also know a lot of people who have shaved their heads for cancer research (Ethelynn included) and I admire them for making such a statement. What made me mad in school was that these people couldn't wear scarves or bandanas with the cancer ribbons on them because they could be "gang colors." Really? These people just made SUCH a huge statement, and your not going to let them make another one? People are allowed to wear earrings as big as a fist and things that could cause a learning distraction, but people can't wear bandanas?
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
When people think you're weird and YET they do the same thing!!!!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email