Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
Post RE: Elrond's Message: OOC
on: May 28, 2009 06:23
Just remember to keep an eye on the other group's time line and match yours to theirs. Don't be taking 3 months to wander around the shire when they're ready to move on in one week. *grins*
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 29, 2009 12:38
Oooh,Loslote,I just came up with a great way to let the Elven princess see the Shire and get the word out quickly!

Coming of age party.

It doesn't matter who for,really. It could be anyone from a major family,perferably a Brandybuck or a Took,just so it's big. A great deal of hobbits would be there to hear the word,and it would make a fun little stop in the Shire without taking too much time. We could arrive right before Lunch tomorrow(RPG time),and hear about the party and decide to stay and let the Thain make the anouncement there.

What say you?

[Edited on 29/5/2009 by Lucy_Took]
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2009 12:56
"Attention, please. Would all of Arvanion's lackeys please report to Mithlond for their trip? Thank you."
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 29, 2009 01:28
What about Loslote and me? We're in the Shire getting help...
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2009 02:31
You're fine.
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2009 04:09
sorry I've been gone, eveyone. last minute trip to the state I was raised in! hopefully I'll be able to catch up in a few days, but just in case I can't, go ahead and drag Orch along!
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 29, 2009 04:49
I'm getting ready to be off the computer next week. I can post tonight and tomorrow and maybe a bit on Sunday. From Monday to Saturday,please power play!

Could you add this to your next post,Loslote? Since it's a joint post,feel free to just slip in Merkawen's thoughts and replies.
This is the next day,I'm guessing a time jump wouldn't hurt,if it would,just change lunch to dinner or tea and say the party's tomorrow and they went to bed instead of just cleaning up,and saw we found a short cut. This took forever and a day to type out ,so please use it!

Home! Lucy could see the Smials,great and welcoming. "We're here! Merkawen,that's it,that's my home,Great Smials! Come,you must meet my parents. Lucy dismounts the elf to one of the doors.

"Mum!" Lucy shouts,running to a hobbit standing near the door. The older hobbit stands up and they meet in an embrace. "Oh,Mum,I've missed you,it's good to be home."
The older hobbit started motioning for Lucy to come inside and turned to Merkawen and said; "Well,I'll be! I knew our little lass was off with you elves,but I never thought she'd bring one home,come on in,my husbands already in,it's time for lunch,why don't you join us?"
Lucy walked in and hugged her father,who had been just starting his meal. "Dad,it's so good to see you!"Lucy said and turned to the elf,"Mum,Dad is Merkawen,she's on a mission that I ran into,we came for help,we can talk about that over lunch. Merkawen,this is my Dad,Isenbold Took,"here she turned to her mother,"and this is my Mum,Ivy Took"
They both sat down and told the tale of the message and how they help was needed to push back the goblins.
Isenbold listened and said."Well,I suppose we should help,now don't look at me like that,Ivy,you know as well as I that those pests are coming closer and closer,before we know it,they'll be in the Shire,and then what well we do? Now is the time to act,we have the help of those elves,odd as they may be,they are bigger and wiser than we are."
Lucy replied,"Good,I'm glad to have your support,shall I get Uncle Grim,and then go spread the word?"
Isenbold turned to Lucy,"No,that can wait. Today is your cousin Daisy's 33rd birthday,a rather large party is planed,we can make the announcement then,all of the family will be there,and a good deal more friends,no,just wait here until tonight,go on,I'll have someone show your friend to one of the larger rooms,and you can both get baths,and you can change out of your traveling clothes,into something more festive."he turns to the elf,"I'd offer you something to change into,but,well,I'm sorry,but we don't have anything your size."
here Ivy spoke up,"But it's wash day. Talk that off,get a bath and I'll have what you have on washed in no time,while you wait,you might be able to were a long night gown."
And Lucy went off to get a bath,she lost track of the time she was in the bath,it was so lovely to be clean at last! When she finally got out,she put on a dress quite different than the long tunic she had been travailing in,it had a long green skirt and sleeves,and a brown lace up bodice. As she put it on,she felt like a hobbit lass of the Shire again,not like a hobbit that was trying without success to be an elf,she felt at home and comfortable as she skipped down to tea,impatient for the party that was to come that night.

[Edited on 31/5/2009 by Lucy_Took]
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 30, 2009 06:44
I edited and tweaked it a bit, I hope it still works...
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2009 03:45
*feels bad for not being on and wonders if anyone has seen Eladan* Sorry...y'all move SO fast and I just keep loosing track of time. If you're moving on, just drag Elurin and Eleniel along. I'm trying to check in periodically so that I know what's going on....SIX more days of school left and one of them is a half day and one of them I won't be there, so it's more like...erm, four and a half, I think. If I counted backwards right. Anyways...
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2009 04:42
Four days of finals for me. That means around five hours of test-taking one day, one and a half hours of choir rehearsal another day, and relaxation the rest of the time.
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2009 08:17
AAH!!!! Things are crazy over here... I will try to post soon...
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2009 08:21
All right...Eleniel will look for it...
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2009 02:45
YAY!! I posted... it was short but that is the best I have right now. I hope to be on for the most part this week.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2009 04:20
Excellent. I'll look into it.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2009 08:35
*sneaks off to check*
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2009 11:04
I haven't posted in the OOC for a while... Just making sure everyone knows that I'm alive! I can't wait until we start to get going again!
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2009 01:18
AAAHHH...it's been WAY too long since I've been on here...I am SO sorry, everyone...if you've missed me. My computer acts up some days as well and I've had some ends to tie up with school and it's just been insane. So I'm here and I'm off to check to see where we are in the RPG! Sorry for dropping off again...
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2009 03:03
No sweat, Alya... I've been being lazy. I always hope to post sometime, but when I think of it I usually don't have enough time... or my sister's doing homework [over summer break]. I should be able to post sometime this week... but don't count on me remembering.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2009 05:28
Thanks, arvanion. There had actually been just one post since I had last been on...which helped so much. I figured I was way behind...only because you all just post so rapidly. Anyways, I'm going to try to be more regular but no promises. By the way...doing your sister's homework? *raises eyebrow* Hm.... lol
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2009 09:23
Um... well I am glad to see not much has happened. My life is SO crazy right now! I am trying to get a ton of school done... I am entering my senior year and well... I fell behind so now I have to play catch up! AAH!! Plus the college I want to apply for is not an easy one to get into. Then I need to study for my first SAT!!! Sorry about all that but I am feeling stressed out. So I will try to be on more often but if I seem to drop off just drag Elurin along. Oh and I will be controlling Eleniel till Lady Alya returns.

Later!
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2009 12:42
Arvanion is being lazy again. But since his gaming computer burned out yesterday, he may be motivated to finally getting around to posting.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 26, 2009 10:46
Loslote,do you want to start the party,or should I?
Loslote
Send Message
on: June 26, 2009 05:27
You go ahead - you probably have a more accurate idea of what a coming-of-age party looks like than I do. :blush:
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 27, 2009 09:25
Ha. You're the expert,not me....

But then again,my "studies" are focused on hobbits,you lean twords elves,if I correctly remember.

I'll think of something. I'll likely have it up by Monday or Tuesday.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2009 07:52
Okay, I have returned, for what it's worth... lol. Anyways, I'm going to try to be better about getting on here this summer, but no promises. I'm going to go see how far y'all went without me...
Loslote
Send Message
on: July 09, 2009 01:04
Where/when should the hobbits and Merkawen meet up with the elves?
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 09, 2009 05:12
Yup. We're ready to go. Just give the word Lord Arvanion,and the hobbits will be at your command.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2009 04:28
Hmmm... I guess that means I should post next. *Doubtless, that means I'll leave you hanging for a short time while I figure out what I want to do...*
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2009 07:44
So... what's going on??
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2009 11:58
I'M BEING LAZY! DON'T INTERRUPT ME!

Actually, I'm trying to bring a different RP under control. Don't worry... I wouldn't dream of letting this one die.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2009 01:06
*cringes* Sorry for the absence...anything happening?
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 21, 2009 11:25
Arvanion's being lazy .

Nothing,we're just waiting for him to post...
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2009 11:54
I know that this is off topic, but on my previous post I accidentally made Naegauth say that he "hoped that they would run into the trolls on the way back". I meant to say that he hoped that they "wouldn't". I'm just clearing it up so no one thinks that Naegauth is deliriously insane. Or is he?

P.S. Hurry up Arvanion!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 22/7/2009 by Passepartout]
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2009 02:23
WAHOO!! We are moving again!
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message