Register

Author Topic:
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
Post Secrets of the Fourth Age (TR)
on: August 23, 2010 10:37
Hi guys

I'm new to the RPG thing so this is my attempt at a storyline.

The idea that I have in my head is that a hobbit child gets taken by men who think that men are the best race in Middle-earth. These men are a growing threat, and want to get rid of all the other races (hobbits, elves, dwarves). Meanwhile, King Elessar has other urgent problems to attend to so he does not address this issue. So a small band of travelers take it upon themselves to tackle this new evil. While they do this, secrets are uncovered and truths are revealed.

I'll be Piper Took, the hobbit. I'm guessing that we need a couple of men (or women) for the evil group of men, and the travelers can be any race you choose; hobbit, man (woman), dwarf or elf. Please pm me with some details about your character, or post here. Suggestions and comments are also welcome, as this is my first RPG. Thank you!

[Edited on 23/8/2010 by Harthad]
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Secrets of the Fourth Age (TR)
on: August 23, 2010 10:13
I'd like to be apart of this, with one of my old characters: Rosson. I thought that he could be one of the travelers. I guess, if you want me, I can try to make one of the evil man as well.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2010 02:10
Okay, thanks. It's up to you--would your character be better as one of the travelers, or a bad person?
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2010 04:08
I guess I could do both, like do two characters. Only I think I need a bit help with the bad person, not knowing what you're planning for them.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2010 04:24
Okay! I was thinking that the men value their race above all others, they think that the men do all the work and the other people don't realize that. They don't even acknowledge the fact that the Ring was destroyed by Frodo. These people want to drive out all other beings from Middle-earth and have only the men rule. I think a name for their group could be. . . . . the Rulers Supreme? Does that sound good? Your character could have a dark sounding name, he could even be the ruler of the group, if you want. The people could try to tell Aragorn that it was the elves' fault for creating the Rings of Power in the first place, and that it's the hobbits' fault for finding the Ring and creating this war and problem. So the Rulers Supreme could be raiding Mirkwood and Rivendell and even the Shire. I don't really know where the dwarves could come in.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2010 04:41
Sounds good, I'd like to play the leader. The Rulers Supreme, sounds good. It sounds very good. I hope more people will come, because we have no elves or other people now.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 24, 2010 04:53
Sounds interesting. However,I'm short on time,so I likely will not join.

Quick note. I would completely leave Aragorn out of this. I mean,the Rulers should not try to rationalize it to Aragorn,because they would likely consider him a traitor to the race of men. Not only was Aragorn raised by elves,he had elvish blood in him,married an elf and named his son "Elf's Son". To a supremest group,he would just be another elf.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2010 11:01
Okay, thanks Lucy for the suggestion. Will do.

And Ninimelle, will Rosson be the leader or will you have another character be the leader?

Can someone please give me ideas for how the dwarves com into all this?
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2010 12:51
So the bad guys are basically the M-E equivelant of a white supremecy group? It sounds pretty fun. I'm going to school now, but I should be able to have Lassie Took join in. I can tweak her a bit if needed. here is her RPG profile.

[Edited on 24/8/2010 by Lastande_Took]
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: August 24, 2010 01:03
Please check your PMs (Private Messages).

Thanks.

RPG Mod
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2010 02:00
Yes, just got the PM Bereth Edhellen. Thanks.

Thanks Lastande, I sent you a PM, by the way. And I will be going to school soon too. So so far here are the characters:

Piper Took

Lassie Took

Rosson
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2010 03:02
So, people can start adding to my post. The order is this:

Harthad
Ninimelle
Lastande_Took

Hope that works out for everybody.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2010 05:24
I now have the leader ready, Raegon. Is he alright as leader?
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2010 07:12
Yes, he's fine. Start posting, everybody!
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2010 09:03
I just posted. So now it's Lastande-took's turn, right?
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2010 09:11
I'm hopping over to the thread now. My first few posts may be a little rough as I clarify Lassie in my head.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2010 10:45
Great posts guys! Mine is short, but I think Raegon can add onto it with his thoughts, and Piper can join in on that also.
Hiril_Elfwraith
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2010 09:25
Hello, people. I'm thinking I might invade...

A note: The reason I picked the username I did was for the purpose of RPGs. Hiril (Lady) Elfwraith would actually be perfect, seeing as she is a wraith who was originally an Elf and retains some visibility and pretty much the entirety of her fairness. She would be a perfect character in this RP because a) she's a wraith, who are mostly servants of Sauron (not her, she's actually good) and b) her parent race is Elf, who they hate.

So, if I may..?
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2010 09:41
Yes, you may, Hiril. Now the posting order is this:

Harthad

Ninimelle

Lastande_Took

Hiril_Elfwraith

Please post, Hiril. And thank you for joining.
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2010 10:35
I know we're near the eastern border of the Shire, but I would find it helpful if I knew where on the border we were. Going by here map, would Girdley Island-ish be OK? Should it be closer to the East Road?
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2010 12:43
I can't seem to see the map, Lastande_Took. But I looked on the map on CoE and I thought we're near the part of the road near Bree, somewhere along that line.
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2010 01:37
Hey everybody, this sounds like a cool story and I was wondering if I might join you. I was thinking I could play a girl that ended up with the Rulers Supreme, works in the camp or whatever, but hasn't really decided what she thought about it, just convinces herself that she's fine with her life and with the group. Maybe toward the end of the story she would leave and perhaps join the travelers. What do you think?

Also if you're looking for suggestions for getting dwarves involved I had one idea: maybe some elf-hating dwarves secretly teamed up with the group at one time to get rid of some elves, but the men used those dwarves to get to those of their kind as well. Once the dwarves found out what they were really doing they and others of their kind turned against them. One idea I had.
My blog ensanguining the skies. how heavily it dies. into the west away; past touch and sight and sound. not further to be found, how hopeless under ground. falls the remorseful day.
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: August 26, 2010 04:46
Hiril_Elfwraith

Please check you PMs (private messages).

Thank you.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Hiril_Elfwraith
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2010 05:34
Okay...new character. In my infinite idiocy I forgot to read the rules. :banghead:

She's no longer a wraith, which means I have to come up with a name. I'll think of something. Now she's more of a bedraggled wandering Elf, who hides herself because she is deformed rather severely after a long while of capture. She's still steadfastly on the side of good, which means that she could help the Hobbits and other peopleses.

BerethEdhellen, I hope that the new character is acceptable.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 27, 2010 04:22
I hope I don't regret this...

OK,this looks really like my type of RP...

Pick a char. Any char... Can't decide who to stick in. All histories can be tweaked,they're just guidelines anyway.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2010 06:54
Wow. Hello everyone!

Rosie_Cotton43: Hi! Yes, that sounds like a good character. Thanks. the idea for the dwarves is good too.

Hiril_Elwraith: Yay! Your character sounds really cool, just think of a name.

Lucy_Took: Great pictures for your characters! They look really nice. I think that Alesea and/or Arden would work in this RPG, We need another guy. I also hope that you won't regret this.

And the order grows:

Harthad

Ninimelle

Lastande_Took

Hiril_Elwraith

Rosie_Cotton43

Lucy_Took

(Now I'll just pop over to the story)
BerethEdhellen
Send Message
on: August 27, 2010 07:16
Hiril..

If you're comfortable with her deformities, you're good to go. Thanks muchly. You might want to add a bio in the data base so everyone can check her out.
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2010 09:54
I posted.

Harthad, how did you know that's one of my favourite songs from the LotR musical?

Oh, sorry the link didn't work. Here is the site; the Shire map is at the bottom of the list.

[Edited on 27/8/2010 by Lastande_Took]
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2010 10:49
Thanks Harthad. Here's my character Cara. Still working on her a bit.
My blog ensanguining the skies. how heavily it dies. into the west away; past touch and sight and sound. not further to be found, how hopeless under ground. falls the remorseful day.
Hiril_Elfwraith
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2010 11:27
All righty, I've got my character a name and a history. Eruvadhril The name means "God is my judge".

She might be a wee bit rough. I kind of made her up on the spot. She'll get smoother as I work at it though...
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2010 12:16
Thank you for your characters! I looked at the map, Lastande, and I think we're somewhere along the East Road, near the Brandywine Bridge on the left side. Hey, you're a fan of the musical too? yay! That's my favorite song too, and I just thought it would be natural for Piper to recall it, as it seems like it could be a standard hobbit song. I'm going over to the story right now.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 27, 2010 07:35
Aha. The twins shall be Rohirim on loan to Gondor(Because Rohan is [presumably] at peace and Arden needs to keep his skills sharp),out with the hunting party to help investigate the suspicious activity,in Esquire Meriadoc's home. Arden shall be a young groom along to care for the horses(No one better than a boy from Rohan for that job),and Alesea came along because A. Long trip=they'll want a doctor(Not the kind in my avi-not that he wouldn't help ) B. She's close to her brother,not letting him get himself killed in some strange land.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2010 02:48
Sounds great, Tooks (do you mind if I call you that?). LOL about the Doctor--we'll need him if there's any alien business around!
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2010 04:46
I looked at the map, Lastande, and I think we're somewhere along the East Road, near the Brandywine Bridge on the left side. Hey, you're a fan of the musical too? yay! That's my favorite song too, and I just thought it would be natural for Piper to recall it, as it seems like it could be a standard hobbit song. I'm going over to the story right now.

Near Brandywine Bridge is perfect, especially if Merry will be involved in the future.

I wouldn't call myself a fan of the musical since I haven't seen it, but a lot of the songs are on YouTube. I love the songs.
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2010 05:48
I haven't seen the musical either, but I've been going on Youtube as well.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email