Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Something new? (TR)
on: May 23, 2011 02:26
Oh no we certainly wouldn't want that. And Naucoaran your post was brilliant! Really really beautiful! Maybe at some point, whenever they run into each other, Aroden and Leah I mean, perhaps she would recognise the horse as one that her father bred? Maybe she thinks he bought the horse in Rohan or something, I don't know, my mind is spent from studying into the wee hours for an exam tomorrow. Must dash but yes I wouldn't want to leave everyone in the dust. By the way, I am terrible with distances but how many days should it take for them to reach Minas Tirith from Edoras?

Take care everyone, you're brilliant!
Naucoaran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2011 03:24
Thanks I was thinking she might recognize the horse, we'll see how it goes from there. From what I could gather from the map in the CoE database and in the books, it looks about 300 miles from Edoras to Minas Tirith. 20 miles a day is a very attainable pace on horse, I would say they could go even faster than that, but if they meander at about 20 miles a day it could take about two weeks. The faster they go, the shorter it takes of course.

EDIT

Did a little quick research, a horse can go about 20-30 miles a day with a little pushing, so if they're doing a constant walk it might take more than two weeks to get there. Maybe three or so.

[Edited on 24/5/2011 by Naucoaran]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 23, 2011 03:56
An art of a post, Naucoaran! I love the attention to detail everyone has, I really do. Alright, I'm going to introduce Llweryn now if that's okay with everyone. I'm going to make her a little unsavory right now, more than what her description in the db says. She'll clean her act up though!

[Edited on 5/24/2011 by Dinenlasse]
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Naucoaran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2011 04:13
Thanks And she better! Aroden is the only one allowed to be uncouth
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2011 11:42
Hehe, maybe everyone will become uncouth and Aroden would have to act good and make them return from the ‘dark side’, the horror!

Only kidding, sorry I wasn’t on yesterday, I probably can’t always make it online everyday. Thankfully most of the coursework which was previously driving me mad is over now so whew, now all I will have is a lot of training. I was starting to feel like Leah becoming doubtful of my grades, eek! Luckily I have received top marks so far on projects and such. Right, so should I post or Dinen, or Naucoaran, I am not quite sure who needs to but anyone who wants to can post I don’t mind either way. Also I’ve noticed it’s sort of a thing on here but collaborating posts? If anyone ever wants to collaborate on a post I am up for it feel free to pm me, honestly your writing can only make mine better. Speaking of nice posts lovely post Nín!

Even though this has nothing to do with this thread I was wondering Dinen, after I had a quick skim of the other thread you mentioned ‘The Legacy of Ivriniel’ which looked thrilling by the way, if you maybe wanted to resurrect it? I may have another character in mind here who could possibly join in, (it is a rough draft of her character and anything can be changed even drastically if need be) or Leah as well.

Oh and small thought, which we don't have to use by any means for 'Beyond the Horizon' but would anyone be up for a wee little love triangle? Maybe between Arafi, Leah and Aroden? Or maybe a love triangle with the artisan involved? Nín suggested it might be fun to have a wee little love story between Leah and Arafi which I agree with, I am a sucker for a bit of romance what can I say, but I tend to make things complicated thus the love triangle idea came to mind?

[Edited on 25/5/2011 by Lilypad]
Naucoaran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2011 12:01
Hmm, it's a possible idea, though I'm not sure how interested Aroden might be. He seems to be more of a romp in the hay kind of character rather than deep lasting relationships who knows though, it could happen. My next post would probably bring us through the next day after everyone camps down for the night, if you want in your next post you can finish anything up you wanted to get done and then break for camp and even start a new day as well, and then I'll have an opening for Aroden to ride up on you two.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 25, 2011 01:18
And yet you would leave my three ladies with no prospects? For shame!! Actually, I'm thinking of bringing in Leyn (what Llweryn goes by) and taking out Di. I love her, but for tensions' sake, Leyn is a better fit. And, the less characters I have to write for (for right now), the better. We'll see!

I'm glad you loved TLoI! It's my favorite thread of all time (no offense to this one!!) and the one that had great potential...I'm not sure if I want to resurrect it RIGHT now because I don't want to get too involved in too many threads (since I have A King's Legacy, Under the Rising Sun, Secrets of the Fourth Age, Beyond the Horizon...). But I'd definitely be up for it! Your character looked lovely though! If any of you guys would else be up for it, I think I could get one of the old players to come back too. Feedback?

Aroden should have a go at Leyn, Naucoaran. Hahahaha, she'd put him in his place soon enough.

I LOVE joint posts. Once my characters actually meet ya'll's (sorry, call it the Midwesterner in me...yes, we occasionally say ya'll!), I'd be game for one!

Completely off-topic, Leah, but where are you from? I noticed in your profile something about Scotland, I saw in your previous post the terms "top marks" and "coursework", and part of me is dying to know if you're from the U.K. I promise, I'm not a creeper! The reason I ask is because I studied abroad in England this last fall and picked up a lot of the terminology used over there. Just curious!! (I'm a *slight* Anglophile).
"There is no such thing as a geek, just those who love things the rest of humanity finds weird."
Naucoaran
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2011 02:33
Let's not jump to conclusions Dinen, there can be plenty of Aroden to go around for everyone Anyways, yes joint posts are always fun to do, so I'd also be fine with them every so often.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2011 09:25
Hehe, Dinen! aah well I was thinking, as Naucoaran mentioned, that perhaps the ‘love’ relationship/thing between Leah and Aroden could be more of a ‘romp in the hay’ I love that phrase, a flash of ‘like’ rather than ‘love’. Maybe Aroden could be sort of surprised by Leah’s kindness, I would imagine that she thinks him a decent guy even when everyone else thinks he is not, and sees the good in him and continues to be there for him, perhaps Aroden would appreciate that but it isn’t really that kind of love? Sorry, I hope you can understand my incoherent babble.

Honestly I am happy with having a love triangle between Arafi, the artisan and Leah. Hehe, Naucoaran! Aroden should absolutely have a go at Leyn!

None taken, it’s my first RPG that I have created so I am pleased it’s gone off this well! We don’t have to start it right this minute of course not, but I would be interested if sometime in the theoretical future you might, possibly think of resurrecting it.

If you want, I thought about creating a guy, but that is about as far as it got, the thought of creating a sort of arrogant Casanova-type, royal pain in the arse. Probably rubbish though, I have loads of random ideas, most are useless. lol.

Hehe, yes, it’s alright, I don’t find it creepy, rather flattering actually.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: May 29, 2011 08:23
I apologize for not getting a post up recently. I'm currently housesitting for my sister and won't have regular internet access until tomorrow (currently today!). Then, for the first part of this week, I'll be out of state for my museum internship, but I should have net access at the hotel. Just wanted to give you a heads up that I might be scarce for the next couple of days!
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2011 05:03
My apologise that I haven't been on in a few days either, this weekend was very busy, but in a good way. Not to worry Dinen, take your time and have fun at your museum internship, it sounds fascinating.

Lovely posts Nín and Naucoaran! I will try to write up a post at some point, this week for me is rather busy as well but I will be sure to post after you Dinen, but again take your time and no rush.

Take care everyone!
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2011 12:08
Sorry for double posting I just wanted to say that I am back! It's almost Friday hurray... in about an hour it really will be for me. Right, I hope everyone is well! I should have a post written sometime tomorrow, oh but Dinen it is still your turn to post right? or am I confused, posting order and such lol, it is quite possible.

Cheers everyone!
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 02, 2011 12:37
Yes, it is! Again, I'm sorry for not posting. I was out of town this last weekend housesitting and out of state yesterday picking up an exhibit. But, I promise I will have something up tonight, well, as much as I can with a sliced finger (me+paring knife=disaster!).
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 02, 2011 07:44
Okay, I got a little side-tracked tonight with some friends, but I'm working on a post right now. It'll be up in the afternoon when I'm done with work. Sorry for the delay again. I really am.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2011 07:06
Aww you cut yourself, poor thing! I hope that it feels better soon Dinen! Congrats on the exhibit though that sounds like fun, I like museums and art and have gotten lost in the Louvre many times. (I have very poor directional skills, hehe). I have complete empathy for you even though it has only been a few days this week has felt like two due to life stuffs but all good things mind you. Anyways sorry I didn’t mean to rush you Dinen, there’s no need to I am in no hurry especially since I clearly haven’t written anything yet either but will do, hehe. I went sailing last weekend with friends (think Skins on the beach, minus the mushrooms lol) and have been out with friends a lot this week, hehe like tonight so honestly don’t worry about it I don’t mind at all.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 03, 2011 10:49
Okay, so I need your thoughts on this, especially Llly since this is your thread. I've been playing with the idea of Corsairs entering the picture, hence the explicit mention. Lily, you can do with it what you want, but I thought it might be helpful to have a political necessity for healers, especially if you'd like to see some sort of action. Set against a political background, Leah's learning to be a healer would then serve a greater purpose. But if this is not to your liking or not desired by the mods, then I will surely edit.

And you weren't pushing me. I just wanted to make sure to get a decent post in.

[Edited on 6/3/2011 by Dinenlasse]
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2011 09:28
I have been thinking about the love triangle, between Arafi, Leah and the artisan. I thought, as Leah is falling in love with the artisan, Arafi sees that and thinks she doesn't care for him anymore. Slowly, he starts to 'die of grief.' Leah notices that and helps him recover, saying she does love him and doesn't know who to choose.

It's just an idea, of course. And I'd like your advice on that.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2011 07:02
I was hoping you might mention that actually. Corsairs entering the picture sounds like a good idea to me if that is alright with the mods? Leah might also have a bit of a hard time with all the hostility and would be the sort to heal anyone, she would take to heart the ‘preserve life’ bit of healing.

Lovely post Dinen, I am sorry that my post is quite lengthy as well. Also I think, please tell me if I should change it, but they are stopping for the night, right? And they have been traveling for two-ish days or something like that? Well anyways I thought that maybe if Leah started supper it would give them a chance to chat, meet & greet sort of thing? But if not or anyone wants me to change anything I don’t mind at all.

Oh yes Nín love the idea. I think Leah will give away bit by bit that she likes Arafi more than she should, she’s a bit of an ‘open book’ and wears her heart on her sleeve type so I’m sure Arafi can tell a lot about how she feels simply by looking into her eyes, no matter how she tries to hide it, but I think when she arrives in Minas Tirith she will be torn between her duties- making her father happy and such- and her love for Arafi? What do you think?

Also Naucoaran do you think Aroden should come upon them that night or the next day? It is completely up to you really when you want them to all come together.
Naucoaran
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2011 09:53
I'll probably have him come up that night, it seems like it's been too long since I last posted. I hope to have one up by the end of the day.
Naucoaran
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2011 02:13
I took a little liberty with Leah, if you want it changed or anything let me know.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2011 07:36
Your post was lovely Naucoaran, and that was perfectly fine. I posted a reply for Leah... and for all my blather I honestly don't thing Leah actually did much other than treat Arafi and give people food, lol.

If anyone wants me to change/edit anything let me know I don't mind at all.

[Edited on 8/6/2011 by Lilypad]
Naucoaran
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2011 10:34
A posting order doesn't have to be so strict per se, it's just a guide line that helps people know when they should post so as not to be left behind or to limit others so that they don't carry the thread away without anyone else. That way the life of a thread isn't dependant on waiting on any one particular person.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2011 10:53
Oh cool thanks Naucoaran! Scratch what I just said then. Whoo I am really hyper right now, lol... aah the beauty of chocolate hehe. I am preparing for one of my friends birthday's tomorrow, it's a wee bit of a surprise... and am helping to eat some of the sweets already hehe. Enough random babbling I will disappear in a puff of smoke and glitter now. -it's from Never Mind the Buzzcocks, funny programme, makes me giggle-

[Edited on 7/6/2011 by Lilypad]
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 07, 2011 06:23
Good to know I'm so easily forgettable.

Actually, I've been working on a post for the last day or so so I'll get that up tomorrow. I've been doing 11+ hour days between my job and my internship so I'm a little fried this summer.

I did notice in your post, Lily, that the horse Aroden rides is grey when he said it was a bay. Does this mean she's a chameleon?

As for a posting order, with the number of people we have, we fall pretty naturally in together which is nice so we probably don't need to impose one, just, as Nauc mentioned, use it as a guideline.

Naucoaran
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2011 11:40
I didn't even notice that, yes she is indeed a bay, with white fetlocks on her forelegs. If that horse-talk mumbo jumbo is confusing at all to anyone, here's a good picture that almost perfectly fits her description, except for the white stocking on the hind leg.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2011 07:37
Yes she is a chameleon! hehe. For some reason I remembered it as grey rather than bay, oops, but I have since changed that (edited my post to make it proper, lol). This goes to show you I really shouldn’t be writing while sleep deprived hehe. Thanks for catching that Dinen, hehe.;D

Lovely, I wasn’t really sure if posting order was ‘a thing we were supposed to do but it was really implied that we did it’ or more of a guideline than an actual rule. Right, well that’s what I thought to: with such a small group we fall naturally in together, as you mentioned so there is no need for a posting order.

Eeesh, good luck on your work day between your job and internship Dinen! Sounds busy but hopefully fulfilling?

Nice post Nín, it was sweet. Brilliant post Dinen as well!

Edit: Also I may or may not be gone this weekend... well I know I will be gone but I may not have internet access... I may be doing things like horseback riding and such though so fun, fun! Take care, and have a lovely weekend, don't have too much fun without me, only kidding have loads, I will probably be back around Sunday-evening-ish. And I posted a new thread simply for fun here if any of you brilliant people want to join in, *hint* *hint* please! *cough* but don't worry it probably won't go very fast paced, at least not any faster than this thread. Right, there was my attempt at begging, as you can tell I'm not very good at it. :blush: Take care my lovelies! :disco:

[Edited on 9/6/2011 by Lilypad]

[Edited on 9/6/2011 by Lilypad]
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2011 01:28
Alright double posting, don't hate me. :angel:

:wave: I'm back, sunburnt and all!

So Dinen and I were wondering if everyone wanted to do a sort of massive joint post together regarding the council? Nin, Nauc? May I call you Nauc btw?

Also I may be adding Artemis (I know it is a female goddess but I really like the name so deal with it, hehe... sorry I'm feeling a bit feisty/hyper tonight hehe) as the artisan who is going to marry Leah? He is the son of THE royal blacksmith and is very good with creating weapons, jewelry, ext. And he is also quite skilled with the weapons he creates.

If I have forgotten anything or need to post please poke me.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2011 04:34
We won't hate you, but I won't be posting from Thursday until next week on Thursday as well. I would like the massive joint post.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2011 07:15
Thanks Nín, and aww we'll miss you but I promise we won't get too far ahead without you. Great.

And not that it matters but here is Artemis. Anything can be changed/reworked for him if needed.

[Edited on 14/6/2011 by Lilypad]
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2011 07:30
Artemis looks great. I'm really sorry, but I've got a week long of tests so that's really important.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2011 08:58
Thanks! It's alright Nín tests are very important. I dislike them personally but then doesn't everyone... except for ones dealing with science, I get oddly excited over science-y stuff... as long as it's not Chemistry, eek. But anything to do with biology, human/animal/earth/ocean I like. Right, babbling over, hehe. Good luck on your tests Nín!
Naucoaran
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2011 01:43
No I don't mind, call me whatever is easiest! Have we ever really set when this thread takes place? I was thinking fourth age for some reason but correct me if I'm wrong. I can try to help with the massive JP but as my note in the thread states my internet doesn't like working during summer for whatever reason that is, so I don't know how well I'd be able to contribute to it.
Lilypad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2011 08:33
Haha, how about pming? Hmm Nauc I think we mentioned it earlier, I think Dinen and I sorted that out in maybe the first post/page of the Ooc, but I could be wrong. But yes it is set in the Fourth Age I am not quite sure when in the fourth age, I have been doing a bit more reading up on the history of ME but not much. If you have any specifics or ideas of when exactly you imagined it that would be good. The more detailed the better.

Aww sorry your comp is being fickle et: If you still wanted we could maybe do a joint post all together, or Dinen and I could start it and we could see where it goes? I know I have been gone for a while so I am not sure if Nin is back yet, but I am still up for a massive joint post if the three of you still wanted to, or maybe we could pair up if that is better for everyone or... whatever is best for everyone is fine with me.
Nínimelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2011 08:36
Just two more days and then I'll be back. Luckily it's almost done all those tests.
Dinenlasse
Realm Head of Aulë
Send Message
on: June 22, 2011 10:39
I'll start it and send it off to you, Lily, and let's take it from there.

Good luck with everything, Nín!

As for the timing, I mentioned Eldarion as king, meaning that it would be at least after F.A. 120 (which is when Aragorn died), and Alphros is the grandson of Prince Imrahil in Dol Amroth (who died in F.A. 34), so we can feasibly put this in the 140s maybe? If this is a problem, let me know.

[Edited on 6/22/2011 by Dinenlasse]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email