Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1718192021Last >>
Author Topic:
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! Great to have y'all here!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello Qweragon, welcome! For learning Elvish you've come to the right place. Good luck and enjoy your membership .
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello mythryl and Qweragon. Welcome to CoE
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to all! Should any of you need help with your Elvish studies,whether it be Sindarin or Quenya, please, give me a PM!

A star shines on the hour of our meeting!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Laicalambengolmo
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!

I am 14 and have wanted (somewhere deep and dark inside) to be an elf for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, I know of no way to accomplish this particular goal, and so it lives on a shelf along with my dreams about dragons and other peculiar things.

In the meantime, I continue to harbour dreams of creating a smaller version of middle earth on a piece of land somewhere here in the True North Strong and Freezing.

I hope I can find the info necessary for that goal here.

[Edited on 02/10/2014 by Laicalambengolmo]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Laicalambengolmo, welcome to CoE.

Quite a cryptic introduction . But for information about Middle Earth you've come to the right place. Our vaults are packed with tomes of knowledge and wisdom, from the very beginning and creation of Middle Earth to its later days.
Laicalambengolmo
Council Member
Send Message
Then let the wool gathering begin!
mythryl
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE Laicalambengolmo
“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future” - Lady Galadriel
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, welcome Laicalambengolmo! I hope you have a great time here!

Mythryl, you're avi creeped me out when I first loaded the page!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Laicalambengolmo, suilaid, mellon nin! I am glad to find a fellow Elf friend here on CoE.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, Laicalambengolmo!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Sarah_McB
Council Member
Send Message
Hey! I'm not entirely sure how this works haha! I'm from Scotland so it's nice to meet you all. I'm really interested in learning Elvish and I can't wait to be good at it ha! Hopefully I will get the hang of this soon and I'll be able to use the forum better. I don't even know if I've done this right haha. Anyway I'm going to try and learn some Elvish now!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Laicalambengolmo and Sarah_McB, welcome to CoE
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Sarah_McB! Great to have you here!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Sarah_McB, welcome to CoE. Don't worry, using this forums isn't any different from any other forum . As long as people abide by the rules, everything will be fine *cracks whip* . Good luck studying Elvish, you'll find that there are many fellow students to help you out.
mythryl
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Sarah_McB and welcome to CoE, Hope you learn Elvish as you wish, and don't be afraid to ask questions in the forums.
“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future” - Lady Galadriel
Jessie90
Council Member
Send Message
Post NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: February 12, 2014 06:51
Hi everyone!

Short introduction of myself:

Name: Jessie
Where are you from: Belgium

How did you find CoE?
I made it my new life ambition to learn Elvish and ended up on this great website.

What are your hobbies and interests?
Mainly reading and writing stories myself. I also enjoy all kinds of sports very much, traveling (although I have the travel experience of a moderate Hobbit) en languages.

Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?
Have read all of them an seen all of the LOTR and first two Hobbit movies

It would be great to exchange thoughts and stuff with you guys!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Jessie and Welcome to CoE
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Jessie90! Glad to have you on board! It's great to meet another member from Belgium (we are few, but there are some).

Enjoy your membership and good luck with the Elvish lessons. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me (other than about Elvish, since I'm an Elvish noob ).
Jessie90
Council Member
Send Message
Haha, so there are other Belgian people out here! Not that it matters but it's nice to know!

Thank you for offering help, I will certainly do!

Regards!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Sarah and Jessie! I hope you guys have an awesome time here!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Jessie! I hope you have a great time here!
Jessie90
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you!

After my first impressions and everyone seems to be soo nice here, I'm sure I will!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to you, Jessie! I am an Elvish student myself, and have finished going through all of the lessons, but I would be glad to go back through them with anyone for extra practice. I speak French, as well, and if I remember correctly, most in Belgium do as well.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Be careful findemaxam48, you're treading on very thin ice there . This is not the place, but none the less a quick geography lesson:
    - Belgium is a country with two big parts (and one or two small ones, I won't talk about those to avoid confusion here).
    - The biggest part in terms of population is Flanders (about 60%) where people speak Flemish (which is Dutch but without the funny accent ) and the other part is Wallonia (about 40% of the population), where people speak French.
    - So most people in Belgium actually speak Dutch, although many understand both languages.
As you can see, it's the perfect mix for a political nuclear bomb .
mitchhunter
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone.

Mitch
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Mitch, welcome to CoE
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Mitch! Welcome to the Council!
potatos
Council Member
Send Message
Hey there,

I'm 17 and practically grew up on the movies. I've wanted to learn elvish for a long time but never really got beyond learning tengwar script. I've finally decided to stop being quite so lazy and to give sindarin a try.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome potatos! I hope you have a great time here, and the best of luck learning Sindarin! (not that I believe in luck)
Oskimo12
Council Member
Send Message
Helloo, I'm Oscar and I'm 13 years old. I live in the Netherlands. I loved the movies and the books and wanted to learn the amazing languages. Right now, I'm learning Quenya but I'm also interested in Sindarin.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello potatos and Oskimo12. Welcome to CoE
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Oscar! (even though I already welcomed you)
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello mitchhunter, potatoes and Oskimo12, welcome to CoE.

Mitch, perhaps you can tell our members a little bit more about yourself? Just saying hello is a bit pointless in an introduction thread . For inspiration you can look at the first post of this thread.

Good luck with Sindarin potatoes, you'll find many fellow students in the Language Forums.

Hi Oscar, glad to have you on board. Good luck to you too with Quenya. A question concerning your username: it says Oskimo12, where the number is often a reference to the user's age, but you claim to be 13 . Since this site is a PG-13 site, it's quite important to know which one it is (for legal reasons). For more information, you can check out this thread. Please send me a pm (private message) if anything's unclear.

For those of you who are interested, don't forget to check out our Realms section!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Mitch, potatoes, and Oskimo!
<< First1718192021Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email