<< First1920212223Last >>
Author Topic:
Aineislis
Council Member
Send Message
*waves awkwardly* Hello!
Name: Ash
Where are you from (country/state)?: Scotland
How did you find CoE?: I genuinely can't remember. I believe I was looking for LOTR weapons and stumbled upon this website. Then I stayed because I wanted to learn Sindarin and the community seemed so welcoming.
What are your hobbies and interests?: I'm fascinated with languages and lore. I also dabble in making costumes from time to time.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: All of the above!
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?: Nah, everything seems straightforward, but should I need to ask, I will!
Thank you!
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Hi Ash, welcome to CoE. Have fun here.
EjiroE
Council Member
Send Message
Name Ejiro
Age 16
Gender Male
Where are you from (country/state)? I'm from the UK
How did you find CoE? For my project, I wanted to learn Elvish and write something to show that I had, and I stumbled upon this website.
What are your hobbies and interests? I like reading, my favourite genre is fantasy (bonus points if there's magic), and I like video games.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I've watched Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit, and read The Hobbit.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? Is there someone I can show my work to, who'll help me with grammar and stuff?
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello Negin, Ash and Ejiro! Welcome to CoE .

No need to worry Negin, your English is good enough. Good luck with the Elvish lessons!

Don't think we have many members discovering out site because they were looking for LotR's weapons, Ash . Must be a Scottish thing?

Ejiro, if you mean help with Elvish grammar, you should have a look at the Elvish forums. There are several places there to ask for help, and you'll also find a studdy-buddy thread. Good luck!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Sigo Roots
Council Member
Send Message
Hi i'm new. I joined because i am a lord of the rings and hobbit fan (obviously) and i thought it be kind of fun to chat and share some thoughts/discoveries with a few other Tolkien fans.
(Just looked at previous posts and saw that it has a sort of format, will give a proper intro when i have time, sorry!)

[Edited on 03/02/2014 by Sigo Roots]
Aineislis
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for your kind welcomes!

Aye, I suppose it is a bit different, considering, from what I've seen, many people came for the elvish lessons! Oh, but I'm so glad I stayed.
A Scottish thing, huh? *chuckles* Oh, I'm not too sure about that, gondolinian!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Negin, Ash, Ejiro and Sigo Roots, Welcome to CoE.

[Edited on 03/03/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Sigo Roots, welcome!

Aineislis, I'm trying hard not to image a fierce Scottish woman looking through a stash of weapons for one that interests her, like other members would be looking for Elvish lessons and trying to decide which language to choose .
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! I hope y'all have an awesome time here!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Aineislis
Council Member
Send Message
*laughs* Oh aye, with face tattoos and wild, unkempt hair? I can imagine many people quietly and pleasantly checking language boards whilst in the background, pawing through the armoury, there's myself and a few others (I can't imagine I was the only one to happen by this place for that reason!)

(Thank you, Lord Sauron and Mareth!)
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies! Great to have y'all here. If y'all ever want to chat with someone, I'm always here.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Precious Middle Earth
Council Member
Send Message
Post Newbie
on: March 04, 2014 09:01
Hello everybody

Name: Natalie
Where are you from: Norway
How did you find CoE: I was searching the web how to learn Sindarin, and this amazing site was one that showed itself
What are your hobbies and interests: I love to read and watch movies, tv series. Thinking about starting archery. Would love to learn.
Have you read "Lord of the Rings" & "The Hobbit" and/or seen the movies: Of course. Lost count on how many times I`ve seen them, but I`m reading now the Return of the King.... Read all, seen all.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? No, not at the moment at least. Will give out a shout if I meet any
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Precious Middle Earth! It is wonderful to have you here.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Precious Middle Earth, welcome to CoE
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Natalie, and welcome. You're far from the oldest. We even have a thread for 'fans over forty' in one of our forums, so don't you worry .
I can only say that archery is a wonderful sport. Easy to learn, difficult to master. And you can do it at your own pace, recreational or as an Olympic sport. If you're eager to find out, I suggest you try to find a local club to give you a try.
Enjoy your membership!
yesthisiscutie
Council Member
Send Message
Post hello!
on: March 05, 2014 05:12
yes, hello, greeting!

Name-> please call me Cutie!
Age-> 19!
Gender-> Female works!
Where are you from (country/state)? -> The USA, though I'd rather be somewhere else!

How did you find CoE? -> I've used CoE as a resource for a while, and finally decided to try to interact with others here!

What are your hobbies and interests? -> There is a variety, but I enjoy a lot of fiction, and participating in group events for the local otherkin pack with who I consider a lot of members 'family' though I personally do not identify as such.

Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? -> I've seen the movies, and plan to be reading the books for LotR soon, and have read The Hobbit several times!

Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? -> I don't know how much I will participate on the forums, I often find them confusing! But for now I am attempting to learn the Quenya Elvish through the workbook on this site, and look forward to interacting in the future in that language!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Precious Middle Earth and Cutie! I hope y'all have a great time here!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Wow! So many newbies! Where are we going to put them all?
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Cutie.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello yesthisiscutie and welcome . The forums are structured per theme, so it shouldn't be too hard to find your way around them. But don't hesitate to ask if you have questions about them.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello yesthisiscutie, welcome to CoE.
Gaerhwest
Council Member
Send Message
Hi, everyone!
Name: Emily
Where are you from: Ohio, in the US
How did you find CoE? I want to learn Sindarin, and found this site.
What are your hobbies and interests? I love to read! I read mostly fantasy (especially with magic and dragons and elves) and some science fiction. I love Doctor Who, also.
Have you read 'Lord of the Rings' and 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I've seen all the movies and read all the books! I'm in the process of rereading LotR right now, actually.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? Not currently, but I may after I poke around a bit more.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Gaerhwest (Emily)! Great to have you here!
Gabrielochka
Council Member
Send Message
Post Хаюшки
on: March 08, 2014 04:54
Name: Gabrielle (or Gabby)
Where are you from (country/state)? Russia
How did you find CoE?: Was looking for resources for learning Elvish languages
What are your hobbies and interests? I play guitar, sing, do aesthetics like hair/nails/eyelash extensions, archery, fire batons, body modification
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: I read Silmarillion, and the LOTR trilogy. I watched all the movies
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? I think following the side menu is fine
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome, Gabby! I hope you have fun here!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Gaerhwest and Gabrielochka, welcome to CoE
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Emily and Gabrielle, welcome to the Council of Elrond .
Our site is full of good stuff Emily, so you'll be albe to read to your heart's content!
That's indeed a good place to start Gabrielle, all of our content is accessible through the toolbar on the left. For a more 'written out' guide, you can always have a look at the newbies guide, on top in the newbies forum.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Gabby! Great to have you here!
meghan
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE)Meghan um you can call me anything I don't have an elven name yet though but I'd like one^^
Age 16
Gender female
Where are you from (country/state)? canada
How did you find CoE? I just searched learn elvish
What are your hobbies and interests? Anime, lotr, reading, singing, dancing, cooking, nature and playing games
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I have seen the first and second lotr the first hobbit and I am half done the first book of lotr. I haven't finished the series but I still am completely in love with it.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?
I'm not sure which type of elvish I should learn. what are the characteristics of each and what would you recommend?
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Meghan, welcome!
For more information about Elvish, you should head to the Elvish forums. There are many students there who can give you an impression of which language they prefer and why. You can also find a guide to help you decide if you go to the 'Studying Elvish Tools' by following the link under the Languages of Middle Earth section of the toolbar on the left. Good luck!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Maghan! I hope you have a great time here!
Lillianpost
Council Member
Send Message
Post Just Joined
on: March 12, 2014 05:45
Hey all, just thought I'd say hi as a newb.

Name: Lillian
Age: Old enough to know better than to answer that question.
How did you find the site: Searching for other fanfics sites.
Interests: Parenthood, Bible study, classic movies, intelligent TV shows, old cars, history, museums
Any questions: More than can be answered about life, the universe, and everything, but I'm still finding my way around here.

Cheers everyone and happy writing if that's what you do!It's nice to see so many people writing. And just when they say that it's a lost art!
Lillianpost
Middle Earth
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, I am new to Council of Elrond, and I thought I would just say hi.
Name: Call me Middle Earth.
How did you find this site: I was searching for where to learn Sindarin, and am enjoying the course here.
Interests: Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, The Silmarillion.
Have you read or watched LOTR, The Hobbit: Of course!
Any questions about CoE: No,
We have only to decide what to do with the time that is given us...
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Lillianpost and Middle Earth, welcome!
Lillianpost, if you need some guidance with the site, check out our newbies guide ! It's a good place to start.
Middle Earth, good luck with your Elvish lessons. I'm surprised by the way that your username hasn't been taken before .
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Meghan, Lillianpost and Middle Earth. Welcome to CoE
<< First1920212223Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email