Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2021222324Last >>
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome meghan, Lillian, and Middle Earth! I hope you all enjoy the site!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I'm not exactly new, but I feel like I've been gone for yonks, so hi again everyone!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
AnalieGreenleaf7
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE):Dribbs, I suppose
Where are you from (country/state)?:The United States
How did you find CoE?:A link on another fansite's affiliates list
What are your hobbies and interests?:Obviously Tolkein-related things, art (especially colored pencil), writing, and crocheting.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?:I'm in the process of reading LotR, I'm in the middle of my fourth re-read of the Hobbit, and I have bookmarks of links to read the eBooks of the Silmarillion and the Unfinished Tales for me to read after I finish LotR. I own the extended editions of all three movies and have seen them about 12 times each. I've only seen the non-extended edition once. I've seen both Hobbit movies in theater and am going to see the new one as soon as it comes out!
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?:Not really!

[Edited on 03/13/2014 by AnalieGreenleaf7]
I'm here on party business, preciousss. *evil murmured laugh*
joy32
Council Member
Send Message
my name is joy32 I am new here. I am from the United states in Palmdale, California. I am second oldest of seven children. I love to read, write stories, and make crafts. I love films and movies.
Heather J. Nilsson
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello AnalieGreenleaf7 and joy32. Welcome to CoE
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello AnalieGreenleaf7 and joy32, welcome on board of CoE.
Enjoy your membership, have fun!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome AnalieGreenleaf7 and joy32! I hope you guys have a great time here!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Pyra_Rose
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, I'm Phoebe and I'm not really sure what to do. *insert witty comment here*
DEATH IS JUST THE BEGINNING
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Pyra_Rose. The first thing you should wonder is whether it's a good idea to just say hello and then conclude by saying you don't know what to do . It doesn't really tell our members much about yourself nor does it add anything interesting to the site / the ongoing discussions.

Perhaps you can give it another try? Have a look at the first post of this thread for some inspiration about what you can tell our members to properly introduce yourself.
To get some help with your first steps on this site, you could always check out the Newbies Introduction Guide in this newbies forum. Don't forget to have a look at our site-rules and forum decorum (links in the newbie guide)!

If you have any specific questions after that, don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be happy to help you out.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Pyra_Rose, welcome to CoE
Vilyanon
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! I am new to this site, but not LOTR. First read the books in college (back in the second age), then got caught back up after the movies came out and I got to see them. I would love to learn Quenya and Sindarin, since I am especially interested in the languages. The lessons on this site seem quite good.

I started out as a Physics major and wound up being a pastor for 39 years. Finally retired last June, and now I have time to spend on things like this.

Thanks for putting up such an interesting site!

Vilyanon (skyborn)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Vilyanon. You've come to the right place for learning Elvish, many members flock to our site just for that. But you'll discover so much more you'll never want to leave .
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Vilyanon and welcome to CoE.

[Edited on 03/19/2014 by Lord_Sauron]
Pyra_Rose
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE)yra
Where are you from (country/state)?: US till I can get out
How did you find CoE?: bing
What are your hobbies and interests?:Reading fantasy, writing, several assorted fandoms
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?:I've read Lotr several times and I read The Hobbit frequently. The movies, I watch religiously.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?:Not specifically.
DEATH IS JUST THE BEGINNING
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Welcome to CoE Pyra. Dive right in and have fun. It's a gas here.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Eawen Galfinriel
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! Just joined the site. I'm a 19 years old girl from Argentina. I'm studying to become a fashion designar, and I love music and nature, reading, writing, cooking, traveling, etc. See you around!
neryscastillo
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE):neryscastillo
Where are you from (country/state)?:Mexico
How did you find CoE?:internet, google
What are your hobbies and interests?:MOVIES, COOKING (im a chef), !SPORTS!,fantasy, medieval times, middle earth,
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?:ammm lotr book one time (long time ago), the hobbit 3 times, and the lotr movies like 20 times and the hobbit like 4 times.

----HI EVERYONE-----
sorry for my english...
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Welcome Eawen Galfinriel and neryscastillo. Have fun here at CoE. (Nothing wrong with your English neryscastillo).
LithonielGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Mae Govan'nen all. I'm a newbie here. Please call me Lithoniel. My real name is Ashleigh. Lithoniel (Ash Meadow)is my Elvin name. I am ready to explore and learn Sindarin. But first can you tell me what i can do here?
El sila erin lu e-govaned vin. (A star shines on the hour of our meeting)
coolhorses101
Council Member
Send Message
Hi I'm Becki!
I love LotR and all of Tolkien's works of art!
I came here to learn Elvish but found so many more things to do!
I'm turning 14 in april! And I love my horse!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Eawen Galfinriel, neryscastillo, Lithoniel and coolhorses101. Welcome to CoE
LithonielGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Thankyou Lord Sauron. It's a pleasure to be here and i look forward to learning Elvish and anything new.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome on board Eawen Galfinriel, neryscastillo, coolhorses101 and LithonielGreenleaf! Glad to have you join us.

To have a better idea of what our site has to offer LithonielGreenleaf, you can have a look at the Newbies Guide (also in the Newbies forum). If you still have any questions after that, don't hesitate to contact me.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Pyra_Rose, Vilyanon, Eawen Galfinriel, neryscastillo, LithonielGreenleaf, and coolhorses101! I should visit the newbies thread more often.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message

If you have any questions, there's always somebody around to answer them.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome newbies!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
anniegamgee
Council Member
Send Message
Hi I'm new here, I love LOtR and recently finished reading the books (finally!) and I'm part of many fandoms (including Divergent, The Hunger Games and Harry Potter!) I'm 15 years old and I love music too

Name: Annie
Where are you from (country/state)? Dublin, Ireland
How did you find CoE?:I wanted to learn Elvish and I sercahed in Google and BAM! there it was
What are your hobbies and interests?:Singing, acting, dancing, writing fanfiction and reading
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?:Yup but I haven't seen the latest Hobbit movie and I never finished the Hobbit
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?:Not really, nope

double post merged by moderator

[Edited on 04/01/2014 by gondolinian]
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome anniegamgee!
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello anniegamgee. Welcome to CoE
LithonielGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the Council of Elrond Annie Gamgee. Check out the forums of Sindarin and Quenya. Alao check out The Languages of Middle -Earth section.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome anniegamgee. Sorry for the belated welcome, but I was out visiting your very own city when you posted . Very nice place, pity about the bad weather .
I've merged your double post. If you ever need to edit one of your posts, you can hit the 'edit' button right above it. We prefer that to double posting (which is not allowed by our site rules). Enjoy learning Elvish and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me!
DangerousDancingDan
Council Member
Send Message
I'm new to this site. I'm just hoping for some one could help me figuring how to create my own language for a story I'm writing.

If any of you are artists. I would be glad if you can help. I'm also trying to figure how scenes would look like on paper.

This is about me:
People sees me as sensible, cautious, careful and practical. They sees me as clever, gifted, or talented, but modest. Not a person who makes friends too quickly or easily, but someone who's extremely loyal to friends I do make and who expect the same loyalty in return. Those who really get to know me realize it takes a lot to shake my trust in my friendship, but equally that it takes me a long time to get over it if that trust is ever broken.

I love to Ballroom Dance and I used to watch Prowrestling.
Chivalry isn't dead until the World's Last Gentleman is.
LithonielGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE DangerousDancingDan.

Some people would always be willing to help. I'm a buddying writer/poet myself. Maybe i could give you a hand, If you'd like that, feel free to message me.

I'm also learning Elvish, so if you feel like learning check out the language section. For your idea, maybe try go to the Grren Dragon Inn, someone is always there.

Lithoniel Greenleaf
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome DangerousDancingDan.
For anything related to languages, your best shot is to check in the language section and the language forums. Many people here study Elvish. We also have many fan art and fan creations, so you might find talented people in those sections as well. Good luck and have fun!
<< First2021222324Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email