Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome PSK and Mrkanic! Glad you two decided to join CoE!

~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello Mrkanic, welcome to our site!
As noleme said, which language you want to learn really depends on personal preference. So give both of them a chance and see which one you like best!
Enjoy your membership!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Mrkanic
Council Member
Send Message
I already decided that I'll learn Quenya, I already finished first 2 lessons and I'll continue studying it...The lessons are truly great. And thanks all off you and I hope that I'll have a great time here, just one thing...When I click on someones name it opens this: [link removed by moderator]. I hope that you can fix this...

[Edited on 05/14/2013 by gondolinian]
Contact me at [email protected]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Glad you're enjoying the Elvish lessons Mrkanic! Don't forget to check out the Elvish / Quenya forum to find fellow students, in case you need help or want to exchange some thoughts.
We are aware of the problem when clicking on a username . We've recently moved our site to a new platform and programming language, and we still have to sort out some kinks here and there. Thanks for letting us know though!

(To avoid people needlessly trying the link and to stay in line with our site rules, I've removed the link in your post).
Skyplex
Council Member
Send Message
Name: Alice
Where are you from: New Zealand
How did you find CoE?: I was looking for resources to help me learn Sindarin
What are your hobbies and interests: as well as fandom based stuff like LOTR, I love tumblr, psychology, politics, science, social justice topics, and philosophy.

Pleasure to meet you all
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Skyplex, welcome to COE! We're honoured to have a member from the home of Middle Earth amongst us. Enjoy our Elvish lessons and have fun!
tamurilarfiniel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Suiliaid!
on: May 23, 2013 01:23
Hello everyone. How do you report an inaccuracy in this site or post something? Unfortunately, I've found a mistake, and would like to fix it. By the way, I'm Tamuril Ar-Finiel, the younger sister to Legolas Greenleaf through a very long and complicated process.
Ai na vedui, pan! Mae govannen!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, tamurilarfiniel! Glad you found us!

You can PM the problem to Rivka, the site maker.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tamurilarfiniel
Council Member
Send Message
How do you do that? I'm not exactly super tech savy, living in Mirkwood an all. Thanks.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
On the side of the page there is a list of things. Under that there is a picture and a quote under the picture. Right under that it says "Messages". Click on "View Message Box", and click on "New Message", and there you have it. I'll send you a PM to help you figure it out.

[Edited on 05/23/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome tamurilarfiniel.

When it comes to problems with the site, you can send them to Rivka, but she might not be able to reply very soon. We are also aware that several things on the site aren't 100% in order yet, since we recently moved to a new platform. So the issue you have to report might already be known. I suggest you send me (or the moderator/administrator of the specific part of the site giving you issues) a pm, and I'll take it up with the rest of the mods/admins and add it to our bug-list.
tamurilarfiniel
Council Member
Send Message
Alright. Thank you. I'll attempt that.
Excadream
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE): Excadream
Where are you from (country/state)? Geneva, Switzerland
How did you find CoE? I was looking to learn Sindarin!
What are your hobbies and interests? My main interests are music, music, and music, but I study science and I'm an avid book-reader as well.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? I have, in fact, done both.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? None that I can think of at the moment, it's still all very clear! =)
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Excadream! Welcome to the Council of Elrond.
For Sindarin, you've come to the right place! We have many students amongst our ranks, so dive right in. Enjoy!
Excadream
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you very much!
I'm sure I will thoroughly enjoy my time here on Middle-Earth.
Ardithenion
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE): Aridthenion (Which I hope I set up right; Should be "Son of Ryan if I did the suffix correctly)
Where are you from (country/state)?
How did you find CoE?: Looking for Elvish names whether translations of actual names (Or more accurately name meanings), Creating names and (even though it's difficult for me as I'm bad with other languages period) pronouncing names and other words in Sindarin
What are your hobbies and interests?: They are ever changing, so what I put here may not last long (Only exception is game programming).
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: I've read the grouped edition of the LOTR trilogy that came out with the movies, I've seen the animated ROTK and all of the live action LOTR films as well as the first part of the Hobbit (I've seen the animated, but it's been too long for me to remember it at all).
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?: Not really, I'm a web savvy person and I've spent some time around the site before I joined today.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Hail and welcome to COE, Ardithenion. I'd recommend getting the separate edition of the Return Of The King just for the appendices. Have fun here.
Ardithenion
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, tarcolan. I think my edition had them, but it's been so long and so much has happened I no longer have it so I can't confirm that. I'll take up your suggestion though just to be sure I have them. Not to mention I need to resore my collection of books I used to have.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Ardithenion! Glad to have you with us. Enjoy the site and your membership, see you around! If you really want to get a big collection of LotRs books, you can dive into the History of Middle Earth series (HoME). They'll add some weight to your book planks as well as provide hours and hours of reading material!
Ardithenion
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll look into that as well, then.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Newbies! Glad y'all found you're way to us! Have a great time!
Bubbledragon
Council Member
Send Message
Hello!
I'm a newbie here! This place looks great & so much fun!!
I'm so glad to have found it!
I'm looking forward to chats, and I would love to try out RPG (as I never had the opportunity before)
So once again, Hello everyone! It's a pleasure to meet you all!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Bubbledragon, welcome to our Council of Elrond! Dive right into our forums, especially the RPG one if you're interested. We've got a wonderful community and loads of stuff to discover. So enjoy!
Bubbledragon
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome, Bubbledragon! Glad you found us! Have fun!
Ardithenion
Council Member
Send Message
Hello bubbledragon. I'm new here myself so welcome to the new guy club as well as councilofelrond.com.
Bubbledragon
Council Member
Send Message
welcome to you too Ardithenion!
Ready to have some fun here?
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message

Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE):wolfbladequeen, or just wolf
Where are you from (country/state)?:Scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How did you find CoE?:Mentioned on Arwen Undomiel, where I was looking for Elvish translations.
What are your hobbies and interests?: Where do I begin? Animals, writing songs, stories and poems,watching films, reading lots of books, singing, hill walking, talking, playing computer games, nature, thinking, drawing, listening to music,and, when I can find the time, playing the violin.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?: Yes, I've seen the hobbit so far and seen the lord of the rings, and I've read the hobbit and the lord of the rings, though I am currently struggling through the appendixes.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?: Not really, but when I was looking at Haldir's Pretty Pictures, sometimes there were no pics, just numbers, and from the comments other people seemed to be able to see them.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the CouncilofElrond, wolfbladequeen, Ardithenion, Bubbledragon and all the other Newbies who have joined since I last made a post in this thread. Hope you all enjoy yourselves.

[Edited on 06/15/2013 by Lord_Sauron]
Ardithenion
Council Member
Send Message
welcome to councilofelrond.com wolfbladequeen.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Canalaure
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, everyone

It's been years since I've been on CoE... I had a lot of fun here in my teens, then life happened and I'm just now coming back around to my Tolkien geekery in force. I searched for my old profile but didn't find it, so made a new one!

Tolkien has and always will be my home, and I'm excited to be back on CoE

Canalaure
There are certain fictional characters' deaths you will never recover from. Ever. One more miracle, Sherlock. One more miracle for me.
arthiel_halwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Mae l'ovanen.... (Well met.)
on: June 18, 2013 08:24
Galu, I am Arthiel. I simply wanted to introduce myself. I am but a novice here. I greatly enjoy this place and I am glad to meet all of you.

[Edited on 06/15/2013 by arthiel_halwen]
Herbs heal wounds that men's ways cannot, As well as more than meets the eye.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen, arthiel_halwen, happy to have you join us! Go and check out the Newbie introduction thread. Are you here to learn a language? Come play some games on the games forum. Enjoy!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome to all newbies! Greetings to wolfbladequeen and Canalaure. We’re glad to have you on board!

Wolfbladequeen, the Appendixes are not always easy to follow at first, but they provide a lot of extra info and add depth to the history of Middle Earth. Hope you’ll enjoy them.
It could be that there are some issues with the links to some pictures. The comments date back from ages ago usually (there haven’t been many new uploads lately), so back then they could actually see the pictures. In the meantime, the link might be broken. We’re trying to fix whatever we can find, but give us some time . We’ve moved to a new platform earlier this year and have some bugs to get rid of.

Canalaure, always glad to see an older member return. Real life can be nasty sometimes, but nothing can change one’s love for Tolkien, once it has taken hold.
Regarding your old account: do you know the username still? We don’t allow members to have two accounts, so perhaps you should contact our accounts admin, gwendeth. She’ll try to sort things out with you .

Have fun!
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email