Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4546474849Last >>
Author Topic:
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
gondolinian said:And that's not counting the 12+ hours of extra's you'll be getting on the extended edition. So I'd say reserve a good few days .

Eh? Oh, right, there were different EE versions. I have the, I believe, larger 4-DVD EEs of each movie. The total runtime of additional material clips is given as FoTR "several hours", and TTT and RoTK each "over seven hours", so let's say about 20 hours, and huge picture galleries, some with audio commentary; as per totals given, over 5,800 pictures. At 30 second per picture, that makes another 48 hours ...

[Edited on 06/30/2017 by gondolinian]
DarkLord153
Council Member
Send Message
Have fun with your extra 48 hours

[Edited on 04/21/2017 by DarkLord153]
That Still Only Counts As One!
Ithilien
Council Member
Send Message
Post Mae govannen
on: April 21, 2017 07:09
Suilaid penath (Greetings everyone)!
I am a faithful reader of all of J.R.R. Tolkien's writings. I am also an avid student of Sindarin. I love everything Elvish (especially when it comes to the Elves of Lothlórien). I am very glad to be able to have all of the Council of Elrond's resources at hand. Hannon le. Navaer.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hello Eloen Brightwing, welcome to CoE . Dig in I'd say, resources aplenty!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Aeta
Council Member
Send Message
Heya! I'm new to this community, not to the fandom. I have been writing Tengwar calligraphy for a while, but just recently started trying to learn Quenya. So I figured it would not be a bad idea to try and find some folks to bounce my work off of, make sure it is more or less accurate (preferably more) before selling/posting generally. 33 M, D.C.
I have the honour to be Your obdt. Svt. Æ. Ta
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Aeta, welcome to the Council of Elrond. You'll find many other students of Elvish here, so you're in good company .
Miri
Council Member
Send Message
Hi all! Sooo technically I'm not a new member. I was on here until 2014 under the name Lady Miriel Gelliam and then my life went down the drain and I kind of gave up on a lot of stuff. But I'm back now! I'm determined to start learning Elvish again, but this time I'm going for Quenya first. So that's cool, I guess. And though I gave up writing fanfiction and writing in general, actually, at the same time I disappeared, I'm writing again so I may be posting stuff of that nature. At any rate, I missed this site and I'm glad to be back!
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Glad to have you back, Miri!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome back Miri. Do you still have the exact username and login data for your old account? We don't allow multiple accounts so if you want to continue with the new one, we'll close the old one down for you.
Always happy to see people return to our site, enjoy!
Miri
Council Member
Send Message
Unfortunately I don't have the login data. I had to use a different email, too, cause I can't remember how to get into the old one, which doesn't help the situation. All I know is the username...What should I do?
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
If you let me know the exact username, I'll let our accounts admin know and we'll take care of it .
Miri
Council Member
Send Message
Okay! Thanks It's Lady Miriel Gelliam. That's all. Except I don't think there were spaces in between...that was the capitalization, though. Hope that help!
MornaNyeni
Council Member
Send Message
Name:
Some call me... my username. Or hey, if you wanna give me a nickname, that works too.
Too old to be in highschool. Too young to quit running from my problems.
Where are you from:
The basement
How did you find CoE?
Forlornly looking through dead fansites and looking up information; namely, I wanted to learn elvish.
What are your hobbies and interests?
EVERYTHING. Just kidding. Evidently, I love reading and language. I also enjoy gaming, music, art, photography, and my cats.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?
Yes, every summer, and yes. Although I know my opinions on the latter are unpopular so I'll try to keep that to myself.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?
Not so far, it seems pretty straight forward. But it would be nice to get a rough guesstimate on about how many people are still active that are willing to teach elvish. I know this is probably the wrong forum to ask this, but if there was only one guy, I didn't want to bother him if there was a ton of noobs asking for a sensei if you know what I mean
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Welcome to CoE MornaNyeni, enjoy your time here. Don't worry about voicing your opinions, there'll always be someone who agrees with you. I'm sure you will find help with learning the languages, it's one of the busiest parts of the site. Good luck.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Welcome, Miri, and welcome, MornaNyeni. Morna, If you have 'unpopular' (I am assuming negative?) opinion on the movies, you may find some kindred spirits in our mini-community of the realm of Vaire. As well as fellow cat owners and learners of various languages.
I hope both of you enjoy your time on CoE!
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome MornaNyeni. Thanks for the lengthy introduction! You've come to the right place to learn Elvish, as Tarcolan said our Elvish forums and section are some of the busiest of the site, so don't hesitate to ask help there. I can't give you an exact estimate about the number of active members sadly, but as you can see from the introductions above, many people join CoE specifically to learn Elvish. So you're in good company .
Pathwarden
Council Member
Send Message
Post Old, New? I don't know. :)
on: May 14, 2017 02:46
Hello,

My wife and I watched the LotR movies again a few days ago on a rare day off together. Afterwards we were discussing differences between the movies and the books and I remembered posting on a LotR discussion forum many years ago.

After a bit of searching I found the CoE forums and I believe these to be those forums, although I want to remember the old URL being something like "-------" (removed by moderator) (DO NOT go to that URL now, it's very NSFW and probably full of poisons that even the magic of the elves cannot cure). Anyway, my memory has been known to be faulty (ask my wife ) and it may not be the case, but regardless, I'm delighted to see that there are fans of Tolkien's work that still enjoy a community like this. I registered with my old username from those days, and look forward to taking part in the community.

As for me, I'm originally from Ohio, currently living in Texas and about to move to Michigan in a few weeks' time.

I've spent most of my life working in law enforcement in some capacity, either as a dispatcher or police officer. I was lucky enough to escape with my body and mind mostly intact.

I enjoy people, and music, and many outdoor things.

And, of course, I love the world that Tolkien created and have for nearly 4 years.

[Edited on 05/14/2017 by gondolinian]
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome back to CoE Pathwarden. Always good to have old members come back! Since that URL you mentioned is so iffy, I went ahead and deleted it from your post for safety's sake.
Pathwarden
Council Member
Send Message
gondolinian said:Welcome back to CoE Pathwarden. Always good to have old members come back! Since that URL you mentioned is so iffy, I went ahead and deleted it from your post for safety's sake.

No worries. Should have known better than to post it. Do you remember if that was an old address for the site, or am I just old and confused. If I remember correctly, that was around the same time that FotR was just coming into the theater (has it really been 16 years?).

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Pathwarden said:If I remember correctly, that was around the same time that FotR was just coming into the theater (has it really been 16 years?).

It will become 16 years just before Christmas 2017. The movies were kind of "Christmas Presents" to moviegoers.

Anyway welcome back, Pathwarden. I only joined in late November 2013, but I'm a Games Forum nerd, and have had some users here who have kept challenging me with their posts - as I have challenged them with mine; it takes at least two to keep such a Forum going. More would definitely be more fun ... .
MornaNyeni
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE MornaNyeni, enjoy your time here. Don't worry about voicing your opinions, there'll always be someone who agrees with you. I'm sure you will find help with learning the languages, it's one of the busiest parts of the site. Good luck.

Welcome, Miri, and welcome, MornaNyeni. Morna, If you have 'unpopular' (I am assuming negative?) opinion on the movies, you may find some kindred spirits in our mini-community of the realm of Vaire. As well as fellow cat owners and learners of various languages.
I hope both of you enjoy your time on CoE!

Hello and welcome MornaNyeni. Thanks for the lengthy introduction! You've come to the right place to learn Elvish, as Tarcolan said our Elvish forums and section are some of the busiest of the site, so don't hesitate to ask help there. I can't give you an exact estimate about the number of active members sadly, but as you can see from the introductions above, many people join CoE specifically to learn Elvish. So you're in good company .

Thanks for the feedback guys! There's definitely a lot to check out here. You guys certainly have an A+ response game.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Hello and welcome everybody.
Dawen
Council Member
Send Message
Hi! I'm new! Yay!
Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
Pathwarden
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and welcome! I'm newerish again myself. Glad to have you here.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Dawen, welcome to CoE. Perhaps you can tell our members a little more about yourself? Just saying you're new is kind of obvious as a newbie .
Dawen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I am a huge LotR and The Hobbit fan, and I originally found this website when I searched 'Learn elvish LotR', so I really want to learn elvish (my friend and I are already beginning to learn). I just finished the books about two months ago. I like to compare the differences between the movies and the books, and wish Taurial was in The Hobbit.
Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Hi Dawen and welcome!
JohnofPrudence
Council Member
Send Message
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to this whole J.R.R. Tolkien fandom thing, albeit having watched the movies fairly long ago, but I plan on becoming more knowledgable with the time I spend here, and hopefully make good acquaintances that'll be more understanding of my likings. As far as I've seen, and I'm not one to anticipate into positivness, I'll very much enjoy my experience here. So, having formaly introduced myself, I wish you all a good day/night, depending on where you live
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Hello, Johnofprudence and Dawen, nice to meet you. Enjoy your experience on CoE, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome to CoE JohnOfPrudence. Ah, those wonderful days when we were all fresh newbies into the fandom... those were the days my friend . Luckily for you, you're freshly in it so enjoy the ride and the huge amount of knowledge you'll be able to uncover. You're very welcome into our community.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
I share the same sentiments as you, gondolinian. Welcome JohnOfPrudence!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Greetings to all of the May and June new membrs. I hope you're enjoying the site.

[Edited on 06/30/2017 by gondolinian]
Annex202
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, this is Annex, I stumbled upon this site in the hopes to learn elvish, though I haven't decided on Quenya or Sindarin. Thought I'd just say hello and that this site seems amazing. Thanks
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE, Annex. Hope you enjoy yourself here.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello Annex, welcome to CoE. Good luck with the Elvish lessons!
<< First4546474849Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email