Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Bron! Nice to have you! I hope you have a marvelous time!

[Edited on 08/14/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
Hi maidenoferebor and Bronwethiel Alassien, glad to have you on board!

Maidenoferebor, for issues with the fanfic forum you should contact our fanfic admin: ~nólemë~ . Or you can post the question in the fanfic forums.

Bronwethiel, better late than never when it comes to joining the site . You're very welcome here!
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome,maidenoferebor, I enjoyed your story.

Glad to have you join us, BronwetheilAlassien, I really like Flashpoint!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
maidenoferebor
Council Member
Send Message
Nice to meet you Bron!

@gondolinian... already contacted and got it all sorted thanks!
@Lindarielwen... glad you liked it! Chapter Two will be up by the end of the week
Nimueh
Council Member
Send Message
Mae govannen,
My name in Nimueh, I'm 16 and I'm from Wales.
About me, well, um, I'm a musician; I play flute to grade 8 standard, sing and play piano. I also compose and arrange music. I love reading and writing and have more than one story idea currently on the go. I also LOVE mythology (Greek, Roman, Celtic, Norse and Egyptian), Arthurian legend (which some of you might have guessed ) and learning languages. I speak English, a lit French, and Welsh, but I want to learn Latin, old Norse, Spanish and Elvish. That is why I'm here. I was searching for a site to learn Elvish when I came across here. I had an idea which one I would learn and, because of my Celtic roots, I have decided on Sindarin.

[Edited on 08/16/2013 by Nimueh]
Τσαρλοτ Séarlait Inimeitiel Carlottæ
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Nimueh! Have a great time learning Sindarin!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Nimueh, welcome to CoE. Those are a lot of interesting hobbies you got there! Enjoy our Elvish lessons, they'll help you add another language to your repertoire.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome everybody! Nimueh, I am PMing you in regards to a languae that you know
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Silmariel-Feanors-Child
Council Member
Send Message
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE) Silmariel, Child of Feanor^^

Age 30

Where are you from (country/state) : Bavaria,Germany

How did you find CoE?
Youtube: when I was learning the quenya
Am I stumbled upon this great site and immediately fell in love with this site and logged ^ ^

What are your hobbies and interests?
Tolkien and everything that has to do with Middle-earth ( is my main hobby especially among Tolkien's Elves and Ainur ) . then natural sciences such as astrophysics, Ächiologie , mythology / spirituality , geology and gemology as Herbalism quantum physics write poems and stories , painting , singing, composing songs + texts themselves, RPGN . , and much more.

If you were my Carakter with a being of Middle-earth compare , Sun would probably best , one of the elves of the Noldor , and from the house of Finwë . from the Silmarillion ^ ^

Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies?
indeed . I have both books and all 4 movies at home , LotR and the Hobbit even at home , and almost all books by Tolkien as audiobooks . Unfortunately I still missing news from middle earth band 1 +2 and the English -language books which were never translated into German by to complete my collection .

Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE?
when questions arise , I will make at times.
But I would be very happy about a learning partner of Quenya and Sindarin, I can teach right from the start , because for that I am here on this page

[Edited on 08/26/2013 by Silmariel-Feanors-Child]

Light and Darkness belongs together . neither can exist without the other ! The first step will lead you mostly to the correct location but a wrong step will be your ruin quickly. ImageImage
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Welcome Silmariel-Feanors-Child . I hope you'll enjoy it here and that you'll master Elvish soon. Thanks for updating your signature by the way!
CelebrianArcamenel
Council Member
Send Message
Hi~

I'm Celebriän, a 15 y.o. girl. I'm from Quebec in Canada. I found CoE when I was searching for a good site to learn quenya. I didn't read Lord Of The Rings or The Hobbit books but I saw the movies and like them a lot. I have a LOT of hobbies and interests. When I have nothing to do, I like to learn new words in new languages and I really want to be able to speak seven languages like my idol. I like dancing, read manga and listen to music (Pop, Rock, Metal, K-Pop, Visual Kei, J-Rock).

I think it's all I have to say about me...Oh! I'm a BIG fan of Antic Cafe, U-Kiss and SHINee! And that's it~ ^^
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome new peeps! Good to have y'all!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Celebriän, welcome to the Council of Elrond. If you're interested in learning Quenya, you've come to the right place! And should you find the time, do read the books, they're amazing and add so much more to the story. If you want, you can discuss them in the Books Forum to keep you motivated in reading on.
Enjoy your membership!
Briallen
Council Member
Send Message
Name Briallen (Welsh name meaning primrose)
Age 20
Gender Female
Where are you from (country/state)? Minnesota, USA
How did you find CoE? I was bored and looking around for LotR/Hobbit fan sites.
What are your hobbies and interests? I love learning languages, and learning the histories of languages. I love horses (right now I'm at college for Equine Science). I love reading, particularly reading fantasy and classics.
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? Oh goodness, yes! I have read the Lord of the Rings about 5 times and the Hobbit at least twice. Honestly I've read them so much I've lost exact count.
Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? Not now, nope! But if I have one I'll ask.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hello and welcome, everyone! It's nice to have you!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Briallen, welcome to the site! Enjoy your membership.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE!!! I hope you guys have a splendiferous time!
Arvendui
Council Member
Send Message
Post Mithrandir in Afghanistan
on: September 02, 2013 02:34
I first read the Hobbit and LotR in 1977... Met my first girlfriend because she was wearing a "Frodo Lives" button on her sweater...

At age 50, I have been blessed by Eru to come out looking more or less like Gandalf's stunt double. I don't think I could have asked for much more!

Name: John
Where are you from: Baltimore, Maryland
How did you find CoE? Tolkien Society Web Links
What are your hobbies and interests? Amateur Radio/Electronics
Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' & 'The Hobbit' and/or seen the movies? Yep!

[Edited on 09/02/2013 by Arvendui]
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Hi and welcome to COE Arvendui. Dive right in and have fun. Nice to see another oldie newbie.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Ha, that's awesome Arvendui! Welcome to CoE! Have a wonderful time!
Elveleth
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Im Elveleth, Love Star (El- Star, Veleth- Love)
Im from Puerto Rico.
Ive read all of the Tolkien books several times including (as hard as it was) The Silmarillion. I love the books and I love the world Tolkien has created. I used this page a lot to try and understand some things that I found hard but I never thought of joining until now.
Its nice to know people that share your interest!

See you around
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hello and welcome Arvendui and Elveleth, welcome to the Council of Elrond!

You should try to get a picture of you and Ian McKellen, Arvendui . Could be confusing for many people, wondering which one is the real Gandalf. If you want, you can check out the Fans-over-Forty thread.

Greetings to Puerto Rico Elveleth! Not sure if we have many members from there. enjoy your membership and our community!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey people! I'm Mellwen_Bronwewen! (You can just call me Mellwen)
I am Mareth_Ravenlock, Eruwestiel_Evensong, and Leoflic_Nightleaf's little sister.
I am 13 years old. (Today is my birthday, so I am a new teenager!)
I am a girl, of course.
I live in the USA
I love drawing, cooking, hiking, singing, reading, playing video games. Yeah, stuff of that nature.
I have watched the LOTR and The Hobbit movies.
Yeah, so that's me.

[Edited on 09/03/2013 by Mellwen_Bronwewen]
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Welcome to COE Mellwen (at last!). Have fun. (Mareth who?)
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome 'lil sis! What do you mean, "Mareth who"? It's me!!!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Tarcolan! I've heard a lot about you! Thanks Mareth!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
Hi Mellwen_Bronwewen, welcome to CoE! That's quite a large family you have, your father must be happy with so many women in the house . If you're to become as active on the site as your sisters, I'm sure we'll be seeing you around a lot. Enjoy!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you gondolinian! There are actually 10 of us in my family. There are 4 boys and 4 girls. I'm sure I will be just as active (if not more so).
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to CoE Mellwen
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you Lord Sauron.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome Mellwen!
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Maxie!
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I know I've already talked to you, but I don't recall actually saying welcome... so I will say it now. Welcome Mellwen!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you Wolf!
Scarlett-Alone
Council Member
Send Message
Post ...Like a boss.
on: September 09, 2013 03:35
Up the Elves!! (If your Aussie you know that term is not negative oi)

Maori/Spanish girl that likes LOtR.

Im not a massive freako fan, just think its pretty interesting.

I come from a land down under...something, something, vegimite sanwhich.

So blah blah blah....the end.
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email