Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I wrote a really cool poem the other day but I won't share unless someone wants to hear it. Let me know and I'll pm you!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, please PM it to me, Rodwen! While I dislike dissecting poems (in English. Blek) I do enjoy reading them.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
PM me tooooo!!!!!!! =)
Did you have any luck dividing the chapter out?
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
PM me!!!!!!!!
and youve known me for quite loooooooong, so your good
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, I agree about the dissecting poems part. It's very hard to get into the writers mind sometimes. As for the chapters rhodilwen I did get that sorted out. Thanks. I like to be organized. Findemaxa, I wont mind PM-ing you don't worry. Please don't be mad if it takes awhile cuz it's kinda long and I'm not the fastest typer.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Rodwen's poem is AWESOME!!!!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks...I'm thinking of writing another one soon. Any suggestions for topics?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It really is great!!!!!!!!! Im borrowing copyright permission to use it in the front of one of my stories!
And for those of us who have not yet been published...theres this site called Noodletools which permits you to write bibliographies for projects. WEll, you can also make up a really realistic copyright page! Its super cool. You need an account to make one and you can do that only through school, so if anyone wants me to make them one please PM me!This is becasue I need many specific details that may not be wanted on a forum. Im quiet friendly and not too vicious.
I made one for you Rodwen
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Had to post this to make it to 200 YAY ME!!!!!!!!
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
lol! Good job findemaxam48. I used Noodletools for projects in my school. I was so confused by it, but maybe since, I'm older, I'll understand it more. I still have an account, but I don't remember my user name and stuff so I'll just make a new one. Thanx for making one for me. You're awesome!
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
I'm sorry, I need to post two more times so I can have 200 posts too!
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Yay!!!!!!! Over 200!

[Edited on 05/13/2013 by RodwenAravilui5136]
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
This is another one of my poems that I based off of the first one. It's very similar, but I like it. It is also posted in Ulmo's Realm.....
The night is turning grey
The sunlight, growing thin
The stars, they want to stray
But darkness grows them in
The sun is rising soon
And while it keeps it's deed
Trading places with the moon
It cannot hid its greed

[Edited on 05/16/2013 by RodwenAravilui5136]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
You are so good at writing poetry, Rodwen! Beautiful!
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Wow Rodwen, that was awesome! Why don't you share those with me?
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I wish I could write poewtry like you, mine always turns out so anygry.

I shall try a fancy poem called a triolet later in this forum, after I talk to my English teacher about how to write one, cuz I forget:/
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Lol. Thanks Mareth. And lotrelessar, I never really thought of sharing them with you...didn't think you would care to hear them. My long one can be PM-ed if you want. And findemaxa, you are a great writer! I can teach you how to keep your poems less violent and angry if you want. lol. Poetry is so fun once you learn how to do it!
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
I feel like I haven't been here in forever. Just got back from a hiking trip!
Anywho-I write the occasional poem. I wrote a couple for my book and the sequel. I'll share if y'all want me too.
Rodwen- I really like your poetry!!! I wish I was better at it. =)
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
IKR? I always feel like I miss stuff! And dont worry rhodilwen, the more you practice writing poetry, the better you'll be at it. I used to stink at it. And obviously, I've improved! Before writing a rhythmic poem like the Night one, I list out different topics. Then once I pick a topic, I will list a whole bunch of rhyming words that relate to that topic. Ofcourse, I wrote down like 25 rhyming word pairs and only used like 15. Hope this helps you!
-Rodwen
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thats very smart and strategic of you!!!!!! I have written a few poems for my books(one of my characters is a poet/songwriter) and i would love to get better at it as well. I always admire people who can write like that.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
As some of you on this forum know, i dont write much. But when i do it's usually poetry or songs. I haven't written my stories in awhile cuz I'm in a deep stage of writers block. And the truth is, i really dont like writing anymore!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!! Sadness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll help you start a storyline as I did for lotrelessar before if you'd like!!!!
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys! It got quiet in here. But I just had to submit a synopsis of my book to the publisher, so I can send it to anyone who's curious, or you can live in suspense. lol!!!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Send it to me, please! I would love to read it!!!!!!!
Canalaure
Council Member
Send Message
Hello I'm a writer, too! I write mostly prose, though a wing at poetry every now and then. My current project is a crossover gay romance and fantasy adventure novel. Lots of fun You can find my stuff on my website, if you're interested. I also have Tolkien fanfiction up as Lindenya on henneth-annun.net.

I am working on a few fantasy fiction novels at the moment, too... Does anyone else have trouble focusing on just one project at a time?

There are certain fictional characters' deaths you will never recover from. Ever. One more miracle, Sherlock. One more miracle for me.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Hi Canalaure! WElcome to CoE!!!!!! Im JUlia, or Maxie, as Mareth calls me...
Anyways, I write fantasy fiction and occasionally poetry. I usually focus on one project at a time unless school intereferes. OCD limits you on a few things
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Howdy, Canalaure!! Nice to meet another fellow writer.
Yes!! How did you know?!?! I'm in the midst of two projects and my sister and I brainstormed a sci-fi idea that she really wants me to write. But, alas, I need to finish my current projects and deal with events moving apace in real life.... boooooo.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Any news when your book will be coming out at all?
Oh, and I also came up with a SUPER good idea for a book. If anyone would like to PM me, I will tell you about it
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Hi, Canalure! I've been to that site before. Nice poetry. FYI folks, if you are under 18 and/or don't like/approve of "slash" a.k.a. gay romance, be wary of which links you follow. Some of the stuff there is for general consumption by all, but if it says adult, do not click on it. Just saying. From my POV, very nicely written Canalure. I have my share of various stories on my site, but am not brave enough to point people in it's direction. Hasn't been updated in forever.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the advice about the site, Belle Im happy that sites mark some stories as "adult" nowadays, because young kids are now learning to use the internet younger and younger, and we don't want them wandering into that stuff.
I was wondering if anyone on here has written any fanfiction, either on another site or on CoE?
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
I'm in the middle of writing a couple fanfics (Okay, er, at the beginning... ) but I've never posted anything on a website before. Maybe if I can get my (lazy) self in gear and finish those fanfics I'll be able to finally say I finished one
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
And that will be a happy day, indeed
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, you should definitely finish one of your fanfics, Aerena! I loved the one that I started reading that you wrote like a page of and left me hanging. The fan girl one.

rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
fan fics are fun. You should definitely finish them Aerena!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Great job on making this forum a hot topic with two little fiore things, guys! I never finished my fanfic, either. Bad Maxie...
Belle, a few posts ago you made note of "your site". May I ask for the address, although you say it has not been updated in awhile? I would be interested in reading some of your work
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email