Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Book Game
on: June 05, 2013 05:54
It's like the movie game and the song game, but with book titles instead. So the next post is a book title that starts with the same letter as the last letter of the previous post. Articles (a, an, the) don't count for first letter.

War and Peace ~ Leo Tolstoy

(next one starts with "e"
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I get to be first! Great idea!

East of Eden~~~John Steinbeck

(next starts with "n"

[Edited on 06/05/2013 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
Night Open : (poetry) by Rolf Jacobsen, one of my favorite poets. I'll probably contribute obscure titles.

another 'n'...
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I knew you couldn't resist this one, LinweSingollo..

Naughty Boy (The)~~~Hans Christian Andersen

"Y" is next

[Edited on 06/06/2013 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Yellow Wallpaper (The) ~ Charlotte Perkins Gilman (Weirdest thing I've ever read. Found it to be more interesting when I learned the story behind it!

Next is R
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
(A) Room With a View ~ E. M. Forester
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Wizard of Oz~~~L. Frank Baum
LinweSingollo
Send Message
You guessed well, Lindarielwen. I can never resist anything bookish.
"Z"? yikes...
How about:

The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

"E" is next.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

Evil Under the Sun~~~Agatha Christie
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Northanger Abbey ~ Jane Austin
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
You Can't Take it With You~~~Moss Hart
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Uncle Silas ~ Sheridan Le Fanu
LinweSingollo
Send Message
Sharaz-De a graphic novel by Sergio Toppi. I highly recommend.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
What is a graphic novel?

Eragon~~~Christopher Paolini
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
(The) Nine Giants ~ Edward Marston
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
(The) Shack - William Young (one of THE BEST books I have ever read, second to LotR)
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
King Lear~~~William Shakespeare
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
(The) Road by Cormac MaCarthy (another great book that was made into a movie)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Dewey, the Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World~~~Vicki Myron...one of my favourities

[Edited on 06/12/2013 by Lindarielwen]
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen said:What is a graphic novel?

Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic_novel

Dragon Rider - Cornelia Funke
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
(The) Rivers (of) Judah ~ Catherine Farnes
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
LinweSingollo
Send Message
The Hobbit by We-All-Know-Who
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
House of the Sevel Gables ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Who, Linwe, who?

Shooting Stars~~~Allison Rushby
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Sharpe's Trafalgar ~ Bernard Cornwell
LinweSingollo
Send Message
Roverandom by Tolkien. Sorry. One-track mind. I couldn't think of any other 'R' books.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Moll Flanders ~ Daniel Defoe
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
She Was Nice to Mice~~~Ally Sheedy
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Nights of Rain and Stars~~~Maeve Binchy
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Summer of my German Soldier ~Bette Greene
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Robinson Crusoe ~ Daniel Defoe
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
East Wind~~~Pearl S. Buck
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Don Quixote ~ Miguel de Cervantes
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Eldest~~~Christopher Paolini
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email