Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Post NEW Photography Thread!!
on: August 01, 2013 02:45
Here's a new thread for photography lovers! The old one got too large, so here's the new one You can post all your favorite pics here, and ask your photography questions

//Added by mod so that there's no misunderstanding for newbies:
The photos should be your own work, and if you feel the need to share someone else's, please credit them. There should be a reasonable number of photos in a post - from 1 to 5.//

[Edited on 08/02/2013 by ~nólemë~]
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Out on the moors picking bilberries we saw these tortoiseshell butterflies on thistles. Lots of them. Also burnet moths.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Wow! Thankfully you had brought your camera so you could capture them by lens
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful shot tarcolan, its wonderful to see some many butterflies in one place like that!
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Lovely picture, tarcolan!

As some of you know, I got to go to a teen camp this past week. I had an awesome time there! Anyway, there were two fountains in the lake. Here's a picture of one:
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
tarcolan
Send Message
That's beautiful Mareth. Water is a truly magical thing. Along with carbon of course. Meanwhile we're under attack on your eggspedition. Are you coming back? Nick of time sort of thing?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks. And yes, I posted in there yesterday. I haven't forgotten about it.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks much for coming just in time, Mareth. I love your pic, too. At a camp
I went to there was one similar to it.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Maxie!

A Praying Mantis on my sister's hand:

[Edited on 08/08/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Haven't been able to get here for a while been so busy, anyway I must say that is an amazing photo Mareth, really beautiful, That's a really fascinating insect, such a perfect formed body! all jointed, never ceases to amaze me. Reminds me of a photo I took here in the UK a few summers ago,

Grass Hopper by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

Its a very special photo for me as it was the first grass hopper I have ever seen, at least that's what I think it is.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
tarcolan
Send Message
Wow Chris that's fantastic! What an amazing creature. We only get the small brown boring ones up here. BTW have you ever seen the glow-worms at Pendeen Watch? They all sit around at night worshiping the lighthouse.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks! The first grass hopper you've ever seen, Chris? My goodness. Have some of our's, why don't you? They are very abundant here. There's an especially annoying kind that loves munching gardens. I'm not sure what they're called but they are about three or four inches long.

I don't believe I've heard of glow-worms before. Would it be possible for you to take a picture of them for us?

[Edited on 08/09/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
tarcolan
Send Message
I can't get a photo of them I'm afraid. One day I will go back there.
Here's a map.
No it's just a rusty old tank.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That's an awesome photo, tarcolan! It does look like a map.
tarcolan
Send Message
Thanks Mareth. Fractal is as fractal does, as they say. Oh and I meant to say the glow-worms are actually beetles.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wilds flowers:
tarcolan
Send Message
Those are pretty, do you know what they are?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, nice pics, everyone! We dont see grasshoppers up here in New York, much. And if we do, they are brown and ugly looking

Send me up one in a letter, Mareth! Just kidding!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
No, I don't. We have many wild flowers here. I should learn to identify them. Maybe I can do that as part of school.

I would Maxie, but he'd probably be a bit squished by the time he arrived. Maybe I'll be able to get a picture of one or something.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That would certaintly suffice He'd probably die of cold up here anyways.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I'll have to see if I can ever catch one sitting down instead of hopping all about.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks guys, I would love some more.

Great shot tarcolan, it looks a lot like a map actually. And Mareth, beautiful wild flowers
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Chris.

We went to a restaurant called Longhorn Stake House not to long ago. Here's a picture of a picture over there. I'm not sure who took it, but it was either me or my brother.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys! It's my first photography post on the new forum I don't think I've posted this one yet. I really need to add more to my Flickr account But anyways, its a little side project I did from egg shells from last Easter. I love how it turned out but it took SO long to get all the pieces just right.

Eggshell Art by lotrelessar94, on Flickr
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, that's awesome!
tarcolan
Send Message
Lovely photo lotrelessar.
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
That is really creative lotrelessar, I love art work that's different and unique like that, I would love to see some different angles, thanks for sharing
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks guys!! I think I have a picture somewhere of the whole thing. It's in one of my old sketchbooks. The egg shell that I used was from a dyed Easter egg that was pink at the top and faded to purple on the bottom. So when I glued the pieces on the paper, I made it so that the pink was on the top and it faded to purple on the bottom. And I didn't like the empty space, so I filled it with lyrics from some of my favorite songs. The part that the camera is focused on, "I'm Awake," is from the song Awake by Skillet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Sounds pretty awesome, lotrelessar.

Yellow and orange rose:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful pics, everyone! Mareth, the pic at the restaurant looks like the artwork at a Chinese place we have around here

lotrelessar, I think I saw that project before and told you tis then, but if not, it looks amazing!You are very talented!
tarcolan
Send Message
That's a beautiful rose pic Mareth.
I think this is a speckled wood butterfly

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It almost looks like a leaf. Great picture!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks guys, great picture Tarc!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Tiger Lily:
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, that rose is gorgeous!!!!!!! And the Tiger Lily is so pretty. You really have a nice way of using light well in your photographs.

I need to take more pictures!! I might be getting another D70 to borrow this semester because I just started school again! My Flickr account has been very lifeless lately, I haven't been taking pictures I need to get back into the swing of things.

Oh, I need some opinions! Right now, I'm in my second year as a Graphic Design major in college, but I'm considering minoring in photography, but that might mean that I have to be in school longer... Should I??
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email