Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Are those birds waiting for the snow to melt?
Here's a tree broken in half by the storm. I hope it grows back. I thought it looked like a green dragon.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It does look like a green dragon, tarc! Nice picture!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, tarcolan, that is a great photo. I can see the dragon. You have quite the imagination!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, what a cute picture of those birds! What kind are they? I think they're juncos. We used to see them a lot in the wintertime, but we don't see them much anymore.

I don't know if any of you have ever seen pics of our newest kitten Maisy... Here she is, doing what she loves best: hugging pumpkins. She'll just sit in the bay window leaning on the pumpkins and will watch the cars go by.

"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, and here's some more photos from when we visited an antique toy shop in a small town in NY. The first surprised me. I actually got the camera to focus in on the inside of the kaleidoscope! It's a little off-centered, though :/ The next is some pretty glass ornaments hanging with the Christmas decorations

"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks guys. I don't know what kind of bird they are...

Great shot, Tarc.

Aw, adorable kitty! Love the pictures!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
lotrelesar94, your beautiful Maisy is perfect for Cat Lovers Unite. Share her with us there. Your photos at the antique shop are wonderful and show a lot of imagination. I love them.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Here's the spider I told you about, Lindarielwen:
He's probably the coolest spider I've seen.

I think he's a Araneus Marmoreus, commonly known as Orb Weaver Spider. Google is very helpful.

[Edited on 12/14/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, Mareth, I am stunned by it! I have truly never seen anything like that before. It is beautiful! A wonderful photo.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Lindarielwen!
tarcolan
Send Message
Great shots lotrelessar, especially the kaliedoscope one.
Mareth, that spider would be great as a cushion.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love all of these pictures!

lotrelessar, I do not have a TinyPic account, but will you share that picture of all of us when we were little at Christmas on my behalf? It's up on Google+ or I can email it to you if you lost it.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, Tarc. That spider has a beautiful pattern! And Findemaxa, I don't have that picture. I don't know where Rodwen got that from, but you'd have to get that from her

And Lindarielwen, where is the Cat Lovers Unite forum?? I can't seem to find it anywhere!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Suuuure Tarc. Thanks guys!

I think it's in the Prancing Pony...let me look...

Here we are: http://www.councilofelrond.com/forum/thread/36196/page/7/

[Edited on 12/16/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
tarcolan
Send Message
Here's the River Aire overflowing the weir. Noisy. Lots of things came down the river, all of them beginning with B! Bottles, balls, buckets and branches. Even a big blue bucket.

Here's another nice cushion- a bedbug called Morgellan

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Wonderful pictures, Tarc! Especially the second one. How in the world did you get so close to it? Amazing.
tarcolan
Send Message
Thanks Mar. That one's not mine, it's an electron micrograph. They are very small indeed.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Ah...well, it's amazing anyway.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Those things are kinda creepy. It sorta looks like a potato with spider legs
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
^^ Ha ha, potato with spider legs. Yeah, it's creepy, but it's still cool. There's so much detail. It looks squishy.

lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
"I..want...to...touch...it." -Dori (from Finding Nemo)
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I have an announcement: I now own my first film camera!!! My mom found one at a thrift store. The camera body was in one section of the store, and the lens was in another. Together, they were only $15!!! It's a 1988 Minolta Maxxum 3000i with a 100-300mm Vivitar lens The thrift store said we could return it within 7 days if it didn't work properly. I was nervous that it wasn't going to work, but we got a battery in it and I'm going out today to shoot my FIRST EVER roll of film!!! Wish me luck I dunno how I will be able to post any pictures of the shots once they get developed, though... one of the shortcomings of film, I guess.
tarcolan
Send Message
Nice one lotrelessar. You can get the film developed and scanned to disc at most processing places, quite cheap too (a random example is www.thedarkroom.com). Black and white film is really easy to develop at home. Have fun with it. A manual is available at www,butkus.org. I would recommend using it in manual focus mode to get more control over your shots. If you enjoy using it, and the excitement of not knowing what you've got until the film gets developed, I strongly suggest getting a fully manual camera.

I just got a lovely Nikkormat FT3 (cheap Nikon) for the price of the lens (which can be used with digital cameras). Use the auto cameras for snaps and the real cameras for creative photography. Nikon D3 for me (as if).
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
lotrelessar, the pic was lurking on my computer. I'll email it to you.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Ok, bad news guys The Minolta's viewfinder went dark as I was shooting my very first roll of film outside. It was sort of dim when I first got it...but i could still see through it decently if I was outside. But then it just went dark. The camera still turns on and tries to focus, but the viewfinder is completely black... I tried removing the battery and the lens a couple times, just to see if that had anything to do with it...Any suggestions? I only have a couple days to decide whether I'm going to return it to the thrift store... I'm scouring Google in the meantime
tarcolan
Send Message
You should get your money back.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
That's what I'm hoping to do
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Did Google offer any solutions?
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
It didn't help very much... something about the issue maybe being with the lenses...but it differs with every lens so I can't just search the lens and the camera together... I'm taking it to a camera store this week hopefully because it's past the one-week deadline to get my money back at the thrift store So I'm kinda stuck with it...
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Great pictures everyone! Mareth_Ravenlock - Very cool spider picture, lotrelessar94 I had exactly the same response when I saw that picture, glad to see I'm not the only one whom often uses Dori's phrase.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
lol Aragorn16Estel, Dori is one of the smartest fish I know
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I love Dori too. Always quoting her.

A boring moss picture I took awhile back:
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Boring? I think it's cool I love the texture of moss
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
...Pretty...
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I still have about five thumbs per hand in the way of picture processing (Photoshop was recommended, is on the to-buy list). Morwinyoniel was kind enough to help me getting some pics in the Gallery (compressing them, most importantly).
They can be found in the Gallery, Members Gallery, Member's Surroundings; critters from the forest about 100 feet to the left of our balcony (which is why I originally titled them “some neighbors” when downloading them from my digital camera).
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email