Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Wonderful Pictures everyone, Its great to see them,

lotrelessar94 - Should you take Photography? It certainly would be great fun I am sure and teach you many new things, Being in school longer is a slight downside I understand. I guess all you can do is follow your heart, All the same I wish you luck with what ever you choose to do.
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Aragorn16Estel I am also looking for advice...

Being a broke college student, I cannot afford a beautiful DSLR, so I was wondering if I should do some investigation in old-school film photography. I want to buy an old film camera because they're so cheap, but still take nice pics. Does anyone have any recommendations? Canon AE-1, Nikon FM2, Pentax K1000, anyone ever use any of those? The cameras are at least 40 years old, but they take great pics.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
They do indeed take great pics. I still do my own dev and print of black and white film. The alchemy is magical. I've got a Pentax Spotmatic and a Nikkormat, sort of a cheap Nikon. Whatever DSLR you're aiming to get eventually you can use the old lenses on, so get the same make. You get a meter needle in the viewfinder which allows quick exposure setting, and quick adjustment if the subject is darker or lighter than the surroundings. You'll certainly learn about photography that way.

On the other hand you could take drawing class if it's an option. It's all about ways of seeing.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks for the advice Tarcolan! I'm still not sure which make to get, but it's definitely between Canon and Nikon. And I would have to learn how to develop my own pics because I have a feeling that getting them developed can be costly.

But I've recently gotten some bad news:my MacBook just died and it needs some very expensive repairs, so the camera will have to be put on hold. Oh well, some day I'll get one...
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
tarcolan
Send Message
Oh dear, bad news. Just buy some cheapo crap from a junk shop then. A few dollars? Colour film is dirt cheap to get developed and scanned to CD so no excuses. Anything to keep your eye in.

Here's some geese going to a party.

[Edited on 09/03/2013 by tarcolan]
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
^^That's so funny!^^

I don't know if we have any of those junk shops around here... maybe I'll look for pawn shops then. But I've gotten some good news, that someone is selling me his used MacBook for a very reasonable price, so I might buy a cheap SLR then

Its bugs me that I haven't been able to take pictures lately because of that, and so I have nothing to contribute to this photography forum I'll see if I can dig up some old stuff...

Oh here's one I don't think I've posted yet! It's taken with the D70 I borrowed last year We always joked that it lookd like it could be in a McDonald's ad because she's drinking a Shamrock shake Oh, that's EthelynnGreenleaf, btw!

Epic McCafe Drink by lotrelessar94, on Flickr

[Edited on 09/10/2013 by lotrelessar94]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Oh my goodness, SO her! Lolz love it! Yeah, I heard that film for good film cameras cost a good bit...
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im glad you got a Mac, though!

Any pics of me, lotrelessar? Im sure you have some charming (not) ones.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, get pictures of Maxie!

Here's another rose:

If you look closely, it looks like there are sparkles on the petals.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks!
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys I did find a pic of all of us, including Findemaxam! I'll see if I can copy it here

lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Ok, from top to bottom, it's EthelynnGreenleaf, Findemaxam, RodwenAravilui5136, and me on the bottom So there you go! This pic was taken at a camp we went to over the summer, called Camp Hickory hill. Those of you who saw the Video Blog know what we're talking about
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Aw, adorableness! Love it!!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Aww, thats adorable! My new Google+ pic
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I found that on our home computer, and its really cute. I had never seen that picture before Now that I've got my new MacBook, I can find some new pictures to post!

Oh, I just found a picture to post! Here's one from when we went to the Pittsburgh Zoo a couple months ago. It's a baby gorilla being fed his lunch!

Let's see if it worked...
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I found another picture in my photo library that was really cute. My friend makes cakes, and she made one for my other friend's graduation party. For those of you who know (and love) Horton hears a Who, then I think you'll like this. She spent a lot of time on it, and it certainly showed

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love that cake!!!!!!!!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Adorable gorilla! Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVE Horton Hears a Who!! I haven't seen it in a long time though...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
When I see cakes like that, it makes me feel inadequate in my own cake making endevors.
tarcolan
Send Message
Awww, sweet. Look at his cute little pie face.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Cute, Tarc!

I took this picture earlier:

[Edited on 09/27/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Beautiful pics, Mareth and tarc!
tarcolan
Send Message
That's pretty. Nice pic.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks guys!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
So many great pictures, lotrelessar94 its great to see all of you together looking so happy! And Mareth that small yellow flower is stunning, I love the rich yellow and green.

I have got a new camera at last, here is a Picture I took of a scroll I wrote based loosely on the lore of The Elder scrolls series of video games.

Skyrim Mages Scroll by Chris Gooderham, on Flickr

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That looks so incredible, Chris! I love it!
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Chris, what kind of camera did you get? I'm looking into buying one, since I'm finding more often that I will be needing one for school that's actually mine, not borrowed. Besides, I feel like I haven't been taking many pictures lately because of that
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I love that, Chris! you wrote that, in that font, so neatly! I am jealous much...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I love the font too.

Another Crepe Myrtle picture:

lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, Mareth, thats so pretty! It really makes me want to visit your woods You always get great pictures there, it seems! I'm gonna have to get some pictures of our new kitty on here!
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you all for your kind comments,

lotrelessar94 - I have a canon powershot a2300 HD It isn't that good to be honest, but it does the job.

Beautiful photo Mareth, I love how you have the sun in the top left, its just a beautiful scene! The strong contrast between green and pink is really nice to0.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks guys!

lotrelessar, you just want to see my woods? Not me?? jk Yes, upload pictures of your kitty!! She sounds sooo cute!
tarcolan
Send Message
Chris, you manage to take great photos whatever the camera. Here's a stone dragon. Lots of strange stone carvings around here.

tarcolan
Send Message
Look what I saw today - a green duck!

12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email