Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen thought it was strange that they had no interest in anyone but her betrothed. It seemed as though everyone in the room were hunting someone or something, maybe with no where to start. Linriel placed her hand on her sword. Iellwen noticed then how beautiful the hilt was! it was had many jewels in it, jewels of all color. She looked out the window and her heart skipped a beat. Seven men were walking toward the men, and the two in the front were the killers. They were heading toward the inn's door. Her eyes grew wide and she went to Adien. In a shaky voice she said, " They are here," He looked at her in astonishment and the stood, pulling his sword from it's sheath. She stung her bow and fit an arrow to the string.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel froze, everything inside her screamed "NO, NO, don't do this!!" She nearly paniced, she was so desperate not to see yet another death, and more blood on the hands of these two very young people. The tension in the room was like Iellwen's bowstring; she could barely even breathe. She looked from Iellwen and Adien to the men outside. Did they truly deserve to be cut down in this manner?
Then suddently the whirling in her mind stopped. "Iellwen, forgive them," she said, barely above a whisper. In her eyes was a compassionate plea, reaching out to her.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" No, Adonnenneil," she said calmly. " I will not forgive them. If you do not wish to see this, i suggest you do upstairs," She looked at Aiden and said, " Be silent and follow me," He nodded and they pulled the hoods of their cloaks over their faces. They quietly hoped the door and slipped out. They walked near the wall and went outside. The men were wearing riding clothes, so they must have horses in the stable. Iellwen had a plan then. They went to the stable and sure enough, saw men leading seven sweaty horses being led into stalls. She cleared her throat to get their attention. They looked and she said, " Gentlemen, the owners of the horses have entrusted me with them. I can take care of them, " They began to laugh. " A little girl like you! Hardly!" She ran to one and pulled out her knife and pushed it lightly against his throat. " I suggest you leave, right now," She let go and the men ran to the inn. The two laughed silently as the watered the horses. " Now," she said. " Let them loose. They are to grand to be carrying those murders on their backs," Adien agreed and they opened the door to the stall. " Go!" she said and slapped the first horses back. He took off in a gallop, followed by the others. She turned and saw that the Elves were watching out the window. " We should go in," she said. They began to walk out the back side of the stable. Then the Elves in the window pointed with fear in their eyes. They spun around and saw the seven men, three of them pointing their bows at them. They let the arrows loose and Adien pulled her to the ground. Iellwen stood when it was safe and stung and loosed her own arrows, hitting one of them in the chest. He cried out and landed on the ground, lifeless.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel jumped from her chair. She did not want to get involved in someone elses fight but two younglings against 6 grown men was not very fair. Iellwyn has good aim she thought. Drawing her own bow, Linriel crept to the window and looked out.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella heard Linriel’s story and felt her grief. She quite understood her. She looked at her and nodded sadly.

Suddenly, Iellwen saw seven men outside. Ella looked at the human girl then to the boy. It couldn’t be happening. It was too soon for fighting. She saw Adonnenniel frozen and then trying to convince the girl to forgive the men. However, the girl along with her friend went outside. Ella’s feet didn’t want to move. She wasn’t afraid for her but for the humans. She watched everything silently.

And then it happened. Before she could do anything the men shoot. Ella was terrified. It was enough pain for just one day yet she didn’t want to see the young humans die right in front of her. She put the pipe in her cloak, threw and arrow that passed right near one of the men’s ear, and leap outside through the opened window.

“Enough!” She shouted. Anger was becoming to grow in her eyes. She didn’t want the young human’s hands to be filled with blood. She was not fond of humans but they had the ability to regret. Killing them was not the best thing to do. She pointed another arrow to them.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen glared at Ella. " This is not your fight!" she said turning back to the men. She pulled out her sword and waited for Adien to do the same. He did and they charged toward the men. Three of the men fled, two of which were the killers of her father. But the other three stood pointing arrows at them again. They shot, but she blocked an arrow with her sword. She pointed her sword at one of the men and pierced his heart. Then searing pain. She fell to the ground, panting. Blood ran from a large and deep gash on her stomach. She began to sweat and breath heavily. Adien looked at the with a worried expression. then he turned to see the other men flee. he knelt by her then.

[Edited on 08/06/2013 by Legolas23]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel wept silently as Iellwen and Adien went outside. She has no rights over them and she knew it. They must make their own choices. She considered retreating upstairs for a moment, but she didn't move. Then she saw Iellwen shoot, and knew her mother was indeed an elf. And in some way, she felt herself bound to this girl who may yet reject her.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella knew Iellwen was right. But she didn’t want to see her hurt. She didn’t lower her bow though she didn’t shoot. However, she saw the young girl being hit. Without a word she shot to one man’s feet and he fell. He wouldn’t run far. Then she ran to the girl and the boy who was kneeling near her. She ripped of a piece of her cloak and tied it around the girl’s stomach. She didn’t have any healing powers.

“Bring me some water for Durin’s sake!” she screamed at the others. Then she asked Adien to braid the elf’s hair while she laid the girl’s head on her lap.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Adien did as she said without a word, braiding her long hair frantically. He had braided his sisters hair many times before. Ella laid Iellwen's head gently on her lap. Her eyes were closed and she was still breathing hard. Sweat ran down her burning cheeks. " The necklace," she whispered. " They took it!" she said feeling around her neck. She only felt one chain! And it was the one of the rose necklace, not of the necklace her mother had made for her. Adien finished braiding then. He ran in and brought water, the others coming with him. " How bad is it?" he asked. Ella did not reply, but looked worried. " How bad?" he exclaimed.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Everything happened so fast. Linriel saw 2 men run off and one fall to the ground, hit by Ella's arrow. She turned and saw the young human girl on the ground bleeding from a deep gash in her stomach. Linriel rushed to the child's side and began to softly say words the others did not undestand. Linriel put her hands on the wound and kept saying what was deemed to be powerful healing words. Slowly, slowly, Iellwen's eyes began to open.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella tried to calm down the girl. “Shh... It is alright. We will take it back. Do not worry.” She took another piece of her cloak and plunged it in water. The human boy was worried and made Ella feel really stressed. “She is going to be alright.” She said as calm as she could.

Carefully she opened the piece around her waist and washed the wound with it the water. It was quite deep but she would recover. She tied it again and put the other piece in her forehead.

Linriel went to them and started to say some words in an ancient elvish she tought. Ella couldn't do more.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen winced as the wet cloth cleansed her wound. It hurt was the water went into the wound. " Which, which way did they go, Ella?" she asked. Iellwen reached over and took Adien's hand. She squeezed it when Ella ran the cloth over her wound. She was tired and hurt, and then let sleep take her into it's arms. Her eyes closed and she squeezed no more.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri and Beri ran out with Adien, Beri carrying two throwing knives, and Meri with a dagger in hand. They heard Linriel speak words that seemed to heal Iellwen, and Ella had bandaged her wounds. Iellwen had not yet seen them, but they were able to answer her question.
"East. They went East." Meri whispered to Ella, not allowing Iellwen to hear in case she was of a mind to go after them.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella didn’t answer the girl. She felt asleep. Meri and Beri ran to them. Meri told her they’re heading East.

“She will need some days until she can move again. Maybe one week but the wound is deep. We should only leave when she recover” Ella told them. She asked the boy to help her getting the girl inside. They laid her in a bed.

“Linriel, you must now what type of medicine she needs.” Ella said to the elf. Then she turned to the boy and asked him “Would you please come with me to another room? I need to ask you something.”
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel stood up. "Let the child rest. Her wounds will heal."

With that, Linriel left the small group gathered around Iellwen. She went to sit at a table and put her head down.

[Edited on 08/06/2013 by Lindarielwen]
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen dreamed of her father and mother. She saw the three of them sitting by a flowing river, surrounded by blue and purple flowers. Her mother was beautiful, dressed in a light green flowing dress. Her hair was down and wavy. golden flowers were placed in her long flowing locks. her father's faced looked the same. he was smoking his pipe. he was dressed in a velvety blue shirt, and brown pants. His beard was trimmed and he was smiling. Her mother was braiding flowers into her hair. Iellwen wore the same attire as she did now. her bow lay next to her as well as her quiver. Iellwen turned to look at her mother. She was, in fact, Elven! " We are so proud of you, Iellwen," she said in her Elven voice. Then the killers came and took them away, her mother screaming for her child the whole time. And she was left alone, again. Alone in this world with no one to go to.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The cousins saw that Iellwen seemed unhappy even in sleep. There were beads of sweat on her brow, and she was mouthing words that they knew not.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was one of the calmest and Ella wanted to speak with her. However she had to understand the humans first. Adien followed her to the other room. Her mind was a mess yet she was trying to calm down and be as reasonable as she could. “As I understood, Iellwen has no family.” She said pausing for a while. “How about you, lad?” She looked at the young boy trying to understand him too. If he had a family then they would help them. She was trying to be nice to him since she never had to know her own son.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" I used to, as she did," he replied. " My father died before i was born. Mother died of a fever. My sisters," he paused. " I don't know. one night all three of them were gone, and they never did return. My brother died of fever as well," he finished. " Iellwen and i are a lot the same. No one to go to but each other. Her life, though, has been much harder than mine. I will say no more, for I, like Addonnenneil am sworn to secrecy," He laughed then. " This has been the most action packed day of my life! and it isnt even lunch time!"
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella looked at the boy. So much grief and yet so young. She put her hand in the boy’s shoulder. “Do not misunderstand me. I was asking for you. If I want to know about Iellwen’s life I will ask her.” When the boy laughed she remembered the dwarves. Kíli in particular. He used to laugh in the most unpleasant situations lightening the atmosphere. She was sure her son would be quite the same. Instead of crying, Ella smiled and said “Let us have something to eat though.”

She went to the inn followed by Adien and saw Linriel with her head down. She told the boy with a smile “Go ask the innkeeper a meal. And a pint for me please.” She added. She sat near the elf. “Are you okay?”
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel picked her head up, grateful that Ella came to sit with her. "I am just so tired of all the fighting. I wish I was back home. I wish we all were. We have all seen so much sorrow. I should be married by now. You should be with your loved one and son. That injured child should never had her parents taken from her. The others should be at peace as well. And none of our journeys are over. We all still have much to do." Linriel sighed and waved to the innkeeper to bring her an ale. "Thank you for your kindness, Ella."
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Adien woke in the room where Iellwen lay. He had been sleeping in a chair by the unlit fireplace. He rubbed his eyes and looked out the window. it must have been several hours after the attack. He went to Iellwen, who was still sleeping. Her face was beaded with sweat and she has hot to the touch. You could feel the heat from a few inches away from her skin. " She has a fever," he said quietly. " a bad one," He rushed downstairs and saw that the others were still talking in the main room. " Ella!" he said running to her. She looked worried. " Iellwen has a fever. A very bad fever!" he said. They two rushed up the stairs followed by Linriel.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri hurried down to refill the bucket of water by her side and fetch a new piece of cloth. When she returned she set down the bucket and handed the cloth to Adien, as he seemed very scared, and she knew that action was the best way to take your mind off things.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella looked at the other elf. She was right. Her wishes smashed Ella’s heart. How would it have been if the evil didn’t fall upon them? She imagined her son running to her wandering in the woods. Then the picture of his father walking towards them with a big smile on his face fulfilled her mind. Ella sighed. “We did not even meet each other. Soon everything will be over. I am sure you will find your loved one and I am willing to help you.” She finally said.

The human boy went downstairs running and calling Ella. She put her hand on Linriel’s shoulder as if apologizing and went upstairs following the boy. She looked at the wound. It was infecting. “She needs medicine.”
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Adien took the cloth and wiped her hot forehead. His mother and brother had died from a fever. He would not, could not let her die. not when they still needed to find the men, find her necklace, and then go home, together. He was afraid that they would never go home though. it was a wish that would probably never come true. Iellwen looked, what? how did she look? afraid? hurt? scared? he remembered him having a fever, and Iellwen taking care of him when they were only nine or 10. Now thier places were switched and she could die. She could die? he had never thought about iellwen, his love, dying! he held back tears. " wake up! wake up!" he thought. that was all he needed to know that she was alright. she did not open her eyes.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella looked at the boy. She heard his story and knew why he was like that. She remembered she had a little flask with a mix of medicinal herbs. She was keeping it for her and it had saved her for many times. However, the girl needed more than she in that moment. “It might hurt and burn my dear but you will recover.” She took it off and rubbed it gently in her wound. Iellwen’s body trembled. She took a deep breath. She passed a wet towel through her arms and her neck.

“Adien, do not fear. She will recover.” She said to the boy.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel felt completely helpless. She did not know healing arts for such a situation. All she could was watch and let Linriel and Ella take care of Iellwen, they seemed to know what they were doing. Adonnenniel stayed in the shadows, keeping an eye on her.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri saw Adonnenniel, the member of their company with which she was the least familiar, staying at the sides, blending into the shadows like the elf knew what it was to be a part of them. She could not discern her expression, but was worried. Like Adien, she wondered if action might have benefited Adonnenniel more than watching from the sidelines.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel moved closer. Iellwen slept, but she could see that her dreams were not peaceful. She sat beside her and closed her eyes, searching her memory. Then staring into space, she began to softly sing an old elvish lullaby. As she sang, her own spirit calmed and her reserve melted away. She stroked Iellwen's hair as her mother had stroked hers when she was a child.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen chased the men screaming for them to let her parents go. Hot tears ran down her face. She ran and ran and ran, but she could not keep up with the galloping horses. when she could run no more her legs gave way and she fell forward. her dream then turned black and she heard the voice of her mother saying, " We will meet again, my daughter. I will hold you in my arms once more," she said. Iellwens eyes fluttered open she she heard Adonnenneil singing and stroking her hair. Then a burning pain filled her as Ella rubbed herbs on her wound. Sweat still rolled down her face. Then she coughed, continuously.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen had finally awake. She was coughing and Ella whispered her “Just breathe, my dear. The pain shall cease soon.”

Ella cleaned her sweat with the wet towel passing in her brow in her neck and in her arms. Everyone in the room was worried about the girl. She had made a strong tea of the same herbs she rubbed on the wound. She took the mug to the girl’s lips. “Drink and you shall feel better.”
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen drank the hot tea. It tasted excellent to her parched throat. " I am so cold," she said shivering. Her face was burning but her was cold, as if she was covered in ice. She began to cough again. Her stomach began to hurt again, but not as badly. She looked at Adonnenneil. " I have something to tell you when we are alone," she whispered hoarsely. " I only want you and Adien to hear it," She shivered uncontrollably now
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel nodded. She put her hands gently on Iellwen's shoulders, hoping to convey peace and relaxation through the intent of her touch. She didn't know if it would work, but something told her to try. She wanted to hold her in her arms and rock her to sleep, but that was obviously not possible. She wondered if Iellwen was angry with her for trying to stop her earlier.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella heard what Iellwen had said. She stood up nodding to Adonnenniel. “Make her drink more tea. Please call me if you need me.” She made a signal to Linriel and the cousins to follow her.

Ella went downstairs and lighted her smoking pipe. There were so many things happening in the same day. She could say for sure it had been the worst day of her live. She sighed wanting to cry. But she couldn’t. There were so many things to plan before they leave. She sat near a table and took of one map. She analyzed it for quite some times trying to understand some things.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenneil placed the mug to her lips again and she drank. " She shivered. She said," My mother is not dead!" she announced. Her announcement was met by the astonished looks that Adien and Adonnenneil gave her. " Iellwen," said Adien. " No, I saw her! I had a vision! The men have kidnapped her. she was never dead, she was kidnapped!" she said, excitement growing within her. " And, she is an Elf. I saw her pointed ears. My father was right. I do look like my mother. same skin tone, same," iellwen continued on about her mother. Then there was silence. She began to cough again. She coughed up blood.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email