Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri checked round the corner. The elves were deep in conversation, and seemed unaware of their surroundings. She motioned to Iellwen to come forward, then strolled out with all the confidence in the world, as she knew that seeming to belong was the best way to pull off a prank.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen followed giggling. She bit her lip to stop herself. The Elves did not see them. Meri strolled confidently out into the open. She wondered what she had in mind? What would the Elves reactions be?
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
the following post is part of the elves discussion about the necklace

"No, not of human power" Adonnenniel replied. "No magic should be used lightly or without understanding. We do not know what the long term effects of this may be, or what it may be tied to,". She paused deep in thought.
"I know you must think me foolish, because she is human. I will love her and lose her, but love her no less. She is of no less value as a person than I am."

[Edited on 08/07/2013 by HuldahMaria]
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"No, I for one, do not think you are foolish." said Linriel. "You have every reason to be concerned. I have thoughts that Iellwen's mother, who was Elf-kind, made the necklace and gave it to her for protection since her mother cannot be with her. Now, Iellwen thinks her mother may yet be alive. Adonnenniel, are you thinking the necklace might possibly have something of a dark nature connected with it?" finished Linriel.

Ella listened thoughtfully.

Out of the corner of her eye, Linriel saw movement. She looked quickly and saw Iellwen and Meri coming towards them with mischeivious looks on their faces. "What do you two think you are doing?" asked Linriel.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen froze and saw Linriel looking at them. " Where do you two think you are going?" She looked at Meri and said," Should we run for it? We could make it to the barn and hide before they could catch us!" Meri nodded and they took off toward the barn, running as fast as they could. Iellwne kept an even pace with Meri the whole way. " No wait!," she said stopping. " Climb the tree! the wont suspect us there!" they dashed toward the tree. Iellwen tripped over a rock and landed on the stomach. pain shot though her, but it lasted only a minute before she was up again. They climbed the tall oak and waited in the branches as all the elves filed out.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"You may chase after them if you wish. I am not going after them. I am enjoying my evening." said Linriel to no one in particular. She took up her harp and began to play.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella did not say a word about the necklace. It was intriguing for sure yet she did not like to state things she didn’t know about. She heard what Adonnenniel said. It wasn’t foolish at all and Ella felt what she meant.

“Love is eternal after all.” Ella said more like a thought.

Suddenly Meri and Iellwen appeared and ran off. Ella was worried about the child. She mustn’t be running in her condition. Then Adien went outside worried. Ella looked at him. “Please, go look for them.”
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Adien went out and said, knowing where she was, " Iellwen! What are you doing?" " I am climbing a tree!" she said laughing. She swung down from the limb she was on and landed on the ground in front of Adien. " What has gotten into you?" he exclaimed. " You should not be doing this in your," " It's fine!" she interrupted. " I feel as good as new, with little pain," she hugged him and said," Go tell Ella she does not need to worry about me. I am fine," He looked confused. " Go!" she said. Then she climbed the tree again and sat on the same limb.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Adien returned near them with an expression of relief. Ella looked at him as if she asked what was going on. He simply said “She is fine. I know her.” The elf was totally confused. She needed to rest.

“I am retiring for a while” she said to the others. Adien looked at her curious. She knelt near him so she could stay face to face with him. “And how are you lad?”
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" I am wonderful! My lo- Iellwen," he correct himself. " Is safe and healthy. We can start on our journey soon. And you, Ella? How are you?" he asked.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel watched Iellwen in the tree. It was wonderful to see her well, but something seemed amiss. Iellwen said she felt drained without it. What could that have meant? And what had Iellwen said earlier about her mother dying after giving her the necklace. And the vision of her mother alive? She was conflicted, the pieces did not seem to go together and she did not understand this power or know where it came from. Iellwen was enjoying herself, so she just watched. The last thing the girl would want at the moment was her interference. Better to wait till she settled down for serious conversation.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella looked at the boy and laughed. A great smile drew on her face showing a glimpse of her young beauty and happiness. She knew children were embarrassed with that kind of things so she didn’t speak about it. “I am somewhat tired. I need to rest.”

She began going inside so she could sleep for a while. However she turned back and whispered the boy “If you need to talk about it, you can come to me” she smirked and turned inside.

Up in her bedroom, she laid and fell asleep. Her dreams were restless and sorrowful.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel knew that Ella was taking quite an interest in the boy, Adien, and Adonnenniel was very concerned about Iellwen and her necklace. Ah, for some peace and quiet she thought. I shall sleep under the stars this night. Linriel took up her harp and began to play and sing softly. She slowly fell asleep and the moonlight caught in her hair and the stars danced on her face.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel went back inside and began cleaning up the room and taking care of the laundry. Iellwen would not repond to pressure, and she had no intention of placing any on her if she could help it. She looked at the girl's clothes as she gathered them up. She didn't want to be a snoop, but her eyes were keen to find a clue to the many questions nagging her, if there was any to be found. She heard Linriel's beautiful music outside and openned the window wide to hear better. It had a different flavor than the music of her past, but it reminded her of happier days when her family was all together.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen and Meri were still talking in the tree when night fell. " We should go inside before it get's too dark," she said. Meri agreed and they climbed down. She heard Linriel's music again. They went inside and sat at a table. Adonnenneil did not see them come in. " Thank you Meri," she said. " For what?" " For helping me laugh. I haven't laughed in almost three months!" They sat for a while longer until Meri said she would like to retire for the night. Iellwen went near Adonnenneil and leaned on a chair with her hands behind her back. " Hello," she said.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri sat on the edge of her bed and thought about her new friend. She was happy to have made her laugh, and hoped that Iellwen would have cause to laugh throughout the rest of their journey too. She was reminded of when she first started pranking. She and Beri had left the group of men, and were tired, hungry, and bored. They had then heard loud, raucous singing coming from a nearby building. The free, joyful sound had made them smile. Meri wanted to make her cousin laugh, like she had done when they were very young. So they played a joke on the singers, and Meri succeeded in her goal. After that, they pranked people every so often, simply to liven things up and have cause to smile.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella woke up on the following morning. Despite she had a troubled sleep, she stood up not wanting to think about it. After cleaning up her clothes and taking a long bath, Ella felt refreshed. She wore her brown travelling pants, a greenish vest and a fur coat which was a gift from the King Under the Mountain long time ago.

She went downstairs and asked the innkeeper for breakfast. While she was waiting, sitting down in a table, Ella braided her hair. It is time now. Looking to the dark jewel that Frór gave her, she had her breakfast silently. When she was over, she asked for some food supplies and to prepare six horses. One for her, another for the cousins, another one for Iellwen and Adien, another to Adonnenniel one to Linriel and finally for the supplies.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri was sitting by the lake, when she heard Linriel's harp and song. As the music died away she wondered about the elf. She seemed the most withdrawn of the group. She had Beri, Iellwen and Adien had each other, and also Adonnenniel, and Ella... Ella had them all. But Linriel appeared more detached. She wondered if she would journey with any of them, or go her own way. Beri liked and respected the older elf, and hoped she would come with them. She was uncertain whether or not to approach Linriel and talk to her, but when she looked around, she saw that she was resting, and so returned to the lakeside.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen woke in the soft bed the next morning. Adonnenneil and Adien were still asleep. She quietly packed her things and clasped her green cape under her neck. She laced her tall boots and walked quietly out of the room. She went to the stables and saw Ella preparing horses. " Which one is to be mine?" she said. Ella pointed to a brown horse with a white diamond on it's forhead. " Hello, boy," she whispered and stoked his neck. She pulled an apple she had acquired before from her back and gave it to the horse. he ate it quickly and looked to her for more. " I do not have anymore to spare. if you want more on the journey i suggest you wait," she said laughing. " He is a handsome beast!" she said to Ella. Ella agreed. " Where is our journey taking us? she asked
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel heard birds and opened her eyes. Thr first thing she saw was a beautiful cloudless sky. It was a perfect blue with streaks of pink. She stood up and thought to order breakfast and see what the others were doing. Going over to the stable, she went to her horse. He was a beautiful animal. Black as night with unique blue hooves. He had been with her for a long time. She whispered Elvish words in his ear and went off to the inn.

Seems like she was slow to waken. The others were already seated and eating.. She smiled at them and hurried to her room to change.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri went downstairs, and noticed a small gathering at the stables. Her face fell at the sight of the horses. I should have guessed, we would hardly have gone on foot!she thought. "What- what one do - do i - ride?" she asked hesitantly.
Ella indicated a large chestnut with dinner-plate hooves. It's coat was so orange she could almost see flames licking up it's sides. "Is - is it - i mean, are they, a - a boy, or - girl?" she asked the general public.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella was finishing preparing the horses and Iellwen appeared. She smiled to her and asked “How are you feeling today?” After the girl’s question Ella didn’t look at her but answered. “We are heading South, to the Green Way. When we reach Tharbad that will take about two weeks we may decide if we go East or South.”

Meri went out to the stable and looked confused. Ella smiled “She is a gentle girl. Do not worry, she is very patient and you will ride with Beri.”

When she finished, she went back inside and lighted her smoking pipe.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri fetched her cousin, and showed her the horse they were to share. "Narroch!" breathed Beri, entranced. "I'm sorry?" queried Meri. "She is a fire horse, don't you think? So I say her name is Narroch." reasoned Beri.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel started to get dressed. Her riding clothes were dry. She pulled on her dark grey trousers and slipped on her light blue shirt. Over that went her light grey tunic. Her boots were light grey and her cloak was dark grey lined with blue. She won't wear her cloak now but she clasped a beautiful brooch at her neck. Her hair was still in a plait and she wound it around her head and fastened it with a silver hairpiece. She won't pack her bag yet until she knew they were ready to leave. Linriel went downstairs and joined the others.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri brushed the straw out of Beri hair, using her fingers due to a lack of a brush, and Beri did the same for her. Neither of them had riding clothes, nor even any other clothes than what they were wearing. Beri took off her full-length brown cloak and stowed it in the saddlebags, but Meri left her dark green cloak on, as it was very short. They both wore tunics and leggings, but earth and grime made it difficult to tell Meri's light green from Beri dark green. "You need a wash!" stated Meri. "So do you!" Beri retorted. They wandered over to the lake. "You first." said Meri. "Just a quick dip." "Why me?" Beri asked. "You're just as bad!" And with that, she reached down to the chilly water and splashed her cousin, who splashed her back. Then Beri pushed Meri in with a laugh that was cut off as Meri pulled her in too. When they were both less grubby and a good deal more awake, they returned to the main room to have breakfast and meet the others.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella put her jewel into a slim silver chain and pin it around her neck. The dark jewel fell in the fur of her coat perfectly. She looked like a mix of a majestic dwarf lady with her elvish traits and delicacy.

When Ella saw Linriel she went near her, made a slight bow and whispered “We are heading South, my lady. I know many ways yet I will need your help.” Ella was from Mirkwood but she had heard about Linriel’s kin. She respected her with all her heart and she was glad she met her.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel eagerly went to Ella. She thought Ella was so brave and now in her furs Ella looked like royalty both Dwarf and Elvish combined.

"I will follow whatever path you wish to take, Ella." Linriel said softly in Ella's ear. "I hope that both our journeys lead us to peace and happiness." Linriel looked in Ella's eyes and saw sorrow yet hope. I hope our path leads us to what we seek thought Linriel.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel woke moments after Iellwen slipped out. She saw some of the others heading in and out stables. She packed up the bags and went down and joined the others in the dining room and ordered breakfast. She saved room for Adien and Iellwen.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel excused herself to Ella and went to talk to Adonnenniel. "I see that we are getting ready to leave for paths unknown. I am not sure what Iellwen and Adien have in mind nor the other young elves. Nor you. Ella has horses at the ready in the stable. What are you seeking, Adonnenniel?" Linriel looked at the elf but could not read her eyes.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
"I am seeking my purpose. For so long I haven't had much of a reason for being here. I never really knew why I stayed. I have no family here, no real friends, no home. Then I walked in this door for no particular reason and everything changed." She stopped speaking, she wanted to tell her story to someone, but no one had really asked her. She couldn't find the nerve to start unasked. Maybe Linriel didn't want to hear another sad story? Please, she thought, ask what happened.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"It seems we all wandered in this place and found each other. Each of us with our own heartache. I would never want you to speak of something that is too personal to you, but what brings you here, Adonnenniel? Can you speak of it? What has happened in your life?" Linriel looked at Adonnenniel with great concern.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella was really glad to have Linriel by her side. I hope you are right. She thought.

She didn’t want to interrupt the other elves’ conversation so she went upstairs and packed her clothes and her weapons. After putting them on her horse, she went to the place where she found the dwarves. There were no longer blood spots on the grass. In fact, there was no trace of her beloved death on that place. However, her memory remembered it too well. She sighed.

My Kíli I will recover your axe and you shall rest in peace. My son, I wish I would meet you someday even if it is not possible. I will make you live forever in my heart. she shed a tear and began to sing a dwarvish sorrowful melody. 
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
"50 years ago, " she began, looking at the table. "Our community was raided by orcs. We were unprepared, no one knew there were orcs in the are. My older brother heard them coming. He pushed me up in a tree and told me to climb as high as I could go and stay there. I hid there till it was over and he called me. When I came down, nearly everyone was dead or dying, my parents, sister, little brother, all dead. The few of us who escaped fled the area lest the or a come back for the ones who got away. We travelled for a few months until my brother, aunt and cousins decided to go to the West. For some reason I did not want to go, and pleaded with my brother to stay, but he left with them anyway. I know he wanted to go, but I felt abandoned, he was all I had left. I have wandered around since then, as I have no home or family to go to." She looked up cautiously, to see how Linriel had taken it. She half hoped Iellwen had come in and heard at least part of what she said.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" How long do we have until we must leave?" she asked Ella. " Maybe an hour," she replied. That was all Iellwen needed. She climbed on her horse, whose name was Ilma, and said," I will me back in around twenty minutes!" then she rode off down the road. she wanted to see how the horse rode and how fit she was. She started in a walk, then a trot, canter and worked her way up to a gallop, laughing as the cool wind kissed her face. After riding out of sight from the inn, she stopped the horse and led it to the stream that ran by the road. It drank for while and she stroked his neck. she walked out onto a log and sat on it, dangling her feet over the water. she slipped into the cold, waist deep water and dunked under. she lifted her head out of the water. she felted refreshed and awake. she put on the leather vest she had left on the log and slipped onto the horse. she had been gone awhile. maybe 15 minutes. she had to get back or the others would worry. she hopped onto Ilma. She began to trot back to the inn. The Ilm reared and took off into the nearby forest. " Whoa boy! Whoa!" she shouted but he would not stop. " Whoa!!" she shouted and tugged hard on the reins and he finally stopped. " What is wrong?" she asked. She looked around her. " Oh no!" she said. She could not see the exit from the wood. She did not know where she was. She dismounted and looked around her. Then he got nervous again. " Easy boy. Easy!" she said. " We need to go," she said. She mounted again and cantered through the forest. Ilma was nervous, the white of her eyes showing. " What is it? she wondered. Ilma reared again, and Iellwen was thrown off. Ilma took off, riderless through the woods. Iellwen began to run. " Which way?" she thought frantically. Ilma reached the inn stable, riderless
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella was deep in her song when Ilma, Iellwen and Adien’s horse was reaching the stable. She thought the worse. After looking some time for the two children she found Adien. “Where is Iellwen?” she asked trying not to look worried. When she found out she was gone, Ella’s concern rose highly. She took a deep breath and went near the horse. She spoke some elvish words of comfort and mounted it. Adien wanted strongly to go. Ella agreed and he mounted Ilma too in front of the elf. She departed saying the horse to go where it saw the girl for the last time. They reached a forest. It wasn’t too big.

“Adien, you should stay here. It may be dangerous for you.” Ella said softly though he didn’t agree. After some time Ella saw a shadow moving in through the trees.

“Iellwen!” Adien called. 
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email