Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella looked at her and passed her hand through Meri’s hair gently. “I will not say a thing.” She smiled “It was not your fault. Narroch may know yet you do not have to be afraid. She’s gentle and she would risk her life to save you.” She made a pause to smoke and then she continued “Everyone needs to show their weakness for a moment, Merilwen. Wounds may heal yet they leave a mark. Let others help you not to be a painful one.” She looked at Meri’s left forearm. White smoke rings lifted in the air.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri smiled back at Ella. "Could you teach me ride?" she asked. "Then I might not be so nervous."
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message

With a smile, Ella nodded and they went to Narroch. Ella mounted her and she and helped Meri mount in front of her. She explained how to grab the reins and how to feel the horse and make it move where she wanted. “She knows you are afraid. Try to calm down and trust yourself.”

After ten minutes, Ella dismounted. “Now, I will be right by your side while you ride alone” The elf encouraged her.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"Thank you!" Meri smiled. She felt a lot more comfortable around Narroch now, although she was more keen on having Beri ride in front.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel wasn't sure about keeping the necklace even for the rest of the day. In only a matter of minutes Iellwen went from looking normal and healthy to looking exhausted. As they climbed out of the tree, she watched Iellwen's every move carefully. So her mother had died, at least that was what she was told. This story was completely incompatable with the vision Iellwen had told her about. The change in Iellwen seemed to back up the first story. She went and got lunch for herself and Iellwen. "You need to eat this," she said, "hungry or not." She watched Linriel and Ella to see if they would notice what she had seen.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella didn’t want to stare at Iellwen because she was too ashamed of herself. However, she felt something had changed. Adonnenniel watched Linriel and her. Ella knew something might have happened. She timidly looked at the child. Iellwen looked exhausted and not as healthy as she used to be. Ella didn’t want to go closer them because she was afraid things got worse.

That strange necklace… Borin, Frór, I hope you’re alright. She thought.

Then she said out loud “We need to leave. We have a long path ahead.”

She intended to go to Tharbad, then turn East to Moria. There they might find more about the effects of the necklace.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The cousins nodded. Meri gathered up the wolf skin and Beri gave up trying to plait Narroch's tail. They then mounted the horse, this time with Meri in front and Beri behind.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel re-wrapped the necklace in a second cloth to make sure there was a sufficient buffer between it and herself. Ella seemed to have noticed that something was different about Iellwen. She wanted to ask Linriel what she noticed.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen mounted and rubbed her eyes. she felt as if she had been walking for days and days without sleep. she bit out of the piece of bread in her hand. it tasted like ash she slipped in her pocket and decided to eat it later. They began to ride again. she was tired. she thought to herself," the day is half over. i can have it back later," she said. she began to glance at the handkerchief that held the necklace. she told herself," dont look at it!" she didnt. her hands were shaking and she was freezing.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel saw Iellwen eat only a bite of bread, not good, she thought. She looked terrible, shivering when it was not cold out at all. Adonnenniel rode up beside Iellwen. She pulled her cloak out of the bag and gave it to Iellwen. She thought back over the details of the previous events. Was this the real reason Iellwen had been so cold before? She did not like how this experiment was going and did not think she would let it continue the whole day if things progressed at the rate they were going.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella looked at Iellwen. She was becoming to look unhealthy again. That necklace was odd. She looked Adonnenniel worried. Ella undressed her fur coat showing her greenish vest, and gave it to Iellwen. She hoped that the girl understood it was her apologizing. The coat meant much to her.

She thought of the dwarves with a big concern. They should hurry.

[Edited on 08/10/2013 by Ella]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
They started to speed up, and Beri fell off of the back of Narroch. Meri stifled a laugh as she turned Narroch round and Beri stood up from the dust. She looked at the sky. The sun was descending, although the light was not yet fading. Clouds were rolling in, and rain seemed inevitable.What a great start to the journey! she thought. Luck, or perhaps fate, was not favouring them at this time.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
It was nightfall and a storm was coming. It was a great risk to continue the journey in that condition. Ella found a little cavern and they stopped.

“I will take the first watch.” Ella said, gathering some dead wood to make a fire.

She looked to Linriel. She needed to share his thoughts with her.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel watched with a smile as Meri learned to be more at ease with the horse and bit her lip to keep from laughing as she saw Beri slide off Narroch's back. She also kept a keen eye on the human boy and girl. The boy seemed quiet but the girl, Iellwen, appeared different. Her skin was pale and she was shivering. She is not wearing the necklace. She changes when it is not around her neck Linriel must talk to Adonneniel and Ella about this.

Linriel looked at the sky and was glad Ella found shelter for the night. She helped Ella gather wood and piled it next to the fire. The others were sleeping but Linriel went to sit with Ella as she kept watch. Linriel spoke first. "A storm is coming and I do not just mean the weather."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella looked at the other elf worried. She lighted her smoking pipe and nodded. Linriel was right, it wasn’t only the weather. Ella made small rings of white smoke float at the cavern entrance. She was wearing her furs coat again and was playing with the jewel in her neck.

“We must away before the break of day.” She took a deep breath before she continued. “As we reach Tharbad, we should turn East, my lady. If we go through Moria, we can discover if the necklace had some effect on the dwarves. Then we could continue South by the Anduin.” She looked outside. It started raining.

“I will not lie and say it is only for the necklace. I wish to know if they are fine.”

She thought of the bodies of her beloved and her son. Something might have happened to them.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"You have our route very well planned. I know how much going to Moria means to you and I hope we get there without incident." said Linriel. "I do not think I will get much sleep this night. Iellwen's necklace might be cause for concern."

Changing the subject, Linriel said, "Your garb is very royal and the jewel at your neck is lovely. Is it an heirloom?"

Thunder could be heard in the distance.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel kept a close eye on Iellwen the rest of the day, she did not like what she saw. She had to give the necklace back soon, she had the answer to one of her questions. The necklace, and its absence, had a profound effect on Iellwen. She could tell that Linriel had noticed as well. Now the weather was as unsettled as they were. She approached Iellwen. She needed to talk to her, hopefully she would tell her exactly what was happening with her.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella was also aware of the necklace situation. Even if she told Linriel to get some sleep she knew it was useless. When she changed the subject Ella looked to darkness outside.

“The coat was a gift from the King Under the Mountain long ago. He was my beloved's grandfather.” Ella smiled remembering the old days. “This jewel was heirloom from the dwarvish ladies. Kili’s mother gave it to him so he could give his fiancée and so did her betrothed’s mother.” Then her expression turned empty. She couldn’t say that Kíli had named the jewel Ella. “His father did not support our relationship. The goblins I am seeking stole it and he came looking for it. That leaded to his…” Ella stopped. She couldn’t say it because tears were flowing from her eyes again. It was too recent in her heart.

The thunders were approaching.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri saw that Iellwen was asleep and shivering, and laid the wolf skin over the human. It was so large that it almost covered her. Then she checked that Beri was alright and lay down herself, not to sleep, but to think. She was much more comfortable with riding now, although Narroch's firy coat did not much help matters. Beri was thoroughly enjoying herself. Linriel had been quiet and withdrawn throughout most of the riding. She didn't know much about Adonnenniel, and it was hard to tell what Ella thought. Adien seemed worried, however angry his outward appearance, and she knew why. She too had been worried about Iellwen. She wasn't sure whether to talk to her about it or not. She resolved to do what she could to keep the group cheery, but for once she was all out of ideas.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel could see the pain in Ella's eyes as she told her story. Putting her hand on Ella's shoulder, Linriel said, "Your furs are beautiful as is the jewel. I wish I could help ease your heartache but I cannot. All I can tell you is that I will help you find the axe and avenge the deaths of your loved ones. Take some rest. I will keep watch."

Linriel added more wood to the fire. The thunder was getting louder. She wondered about the human children and what their future holds. Adonnenniel was so concerned about them...she is a good person. Linriel smiled as she thought of the young elves. Even though they were a bit mischievous, they lightened the mood of the group. She began to think of Bildarion. I will find you.

Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen woke up shaking. Adonnenneil sat next to her. she asked weakly," may i have my necklace back?" adonnenneil quickly unwrapped the necklace and gave it to her. she casped it behind her neck. taking a deep breath she laid down. she felt much much better. She laughed and said," let's not experiment with that again!" adonnenneil didn't smile. she saw adonnenneil wanted to know exactly what was happening.
" i am not sure. i don't know the powers of this necklace. but i do not think it has any power over anyone else but me. maybe my mother gave it to me for my own safety, but i would consider it more of a curse. if it's shattered or i am seperated with it, i will most likely die. i have worn this necklace since the moment i was born. but my mother was never there for me to tell me all of it's secrets,"
iellwen glanced over at adien. he was also looking at her. they locked gazes, and then he looked away. " please excuse me, adonnenneil," she stood up and walked to him. the others were asleep. she stepped carefully over meri and sat next to adien. he looked away but did not move. she laid her hand on his and again he didnt move. she rested her head on his shoulder. " why are you angry with me?" she asked. " i feel as though we are becoming distant. i have not seen you in over three months and you have barely been awake or happy. why is that iellwen?" " i am not concerned with my well being. i only care for others and my only goal is to find the killers. maybe i should be more careful," " yes you should," she snapped. she moved her head and looked at him frowning. she blinked and looked at her hands. then she stood and walked back to adonnenneil. " i am going to sleep," she said. she turned on her side and closed her eyes.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel gladly gave the necklace back, the experiment had gone long enough. She was had many questions, but her most pressing one was decidedly answered. She watched discreetly as Iellwen tried to talk to Adien, she didn't get far. Poor girl, she finally tried to make up, but Adien is still upset with her. Adonnenniel lightly touched her shoulder and whispered "pleasant dreams." She waited a moment then quietly went over to Adien. She sat down next to him, at first she didn't say anything, mulling over how she might approach this delicate subject. "What do you like about Iellwen?" she asked. "Tell me something she did that made you smile."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel watched Adonnenniel with Adien. That elf was very wise and knew how to comfort. She was also very patient...something Linriel was not. At least where younglings were concerned. Linriel never spent much time with the young elves in Arthedain. After her parents went to the West, Linriel was already 535 in age. She liked Middle-earth and did not wish to leave with her parents. She enjoyed living in the land of the Dunedain and had many friends there. Hunting was something in which she had great skill. She always looked forward to going out with the hunting parties. Hunting...that was the first time she saw him.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
The dawn was close when Ella woke up. She gently woke up the others. It was still raining but they needed to go.

Almost two weeks passed and they were near Tharbad. The ambient was still heavy and it made the travelling look longer. She wanted to talk to her but she didn’t have the courage to face her. As they were arriving Tharbad they stopped. It was nightfall and they should rest for the night.

They night was calm and Ella took a deep breath and walked to Iellwen. “May I talk to you?” She asked.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
It was raining heavaly now. Iellwen wrapped her drenched cloak around herself for warmth. Adien was walking beside her but they did not talk. Hewas acting as if she didn't exist. This hurt her very much. She and Adonnenneil talked much at nights or when they stopped to rest. Iellwen's stomach growled. She hadn't been eating much. She wanted to save to food until they out re-stock.
When they stopped for the night, the rain had slowed into a fine mist. Ella walked to Iellwen and asked," May I talk to you?" " Of course!" said Iellwen. She wondered what Ella had on her mind
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel was cold as well, but her cloak kept her warm enough. She enjoyed talking with Iellwen in the evenings, but watching the still broken relationship between Iellwen and Adien made her so sad. She longed for forgiveness and restoration. Adonnenniel had noticed that Iellwen was not eating much lately and wondered if it had something to do with how hurt she was by Adien's behavior.
Ella wanted to talk to Iellwen. Adonnenniel thought this was a good thing, hopefully they would feel more comfortable with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel brought several rabbits and a pheasant for the group to eat. The worst part was dressing it but she really didn't mind. Maybe she could get Meri and Beri to help. They would probably enjoy keeping the fur not to mention the feathers. The journey was quiet of late. Everyone was deep in thought, wondering what was ahead. So far, the group did not encounter any trouble and she hoped it stayed that way.

We all must get along and work together.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Along with Iellwen, Ella moved away from the rest of the group. She didn’t like to do that kind of things, but she needed to. The girl was hungry but Ella knew they wouldn’t need to save food for they were about one week far from the Mines of Moria. She saw Linriel bringing some food and smiled to her as a thank.

“Iellwen…” She began with her eyes fixed on the night. It was cold and she saw the girl was shaking. She undressed her fur coat and placed on the girl’s shoulders. She lightened her smoking pipe and finally looked at her. “I… I was not fair with you. I regret what I have said in the forest. You… You are only trying to do your best and actually I… I care about you and I do not want you to get hurt.” She was saying everything that was captive in her heart and it wasn’t easy for her. “I am sorry.” She ended returning her eyes to the darkness.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel watched Ella talking to the girl, Iellwen. Who watched over that girl before she arrived at the Prancing Pony? No one. The boy, Adien, caught up with her and now she refuses to talk to him. And this young girl has murdered and is seeking revenge against those who killed her loved ones. I cannot blame her for that.

Linriel sighed, knowing she might have to draw her own sword soon.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri and Beri eyed up Linriel's catch, then walked up to her. "Those feathers would make a lovely necklace." Meri commented. "Or an adornment for the neck of a cloak..." Beri added. "Would you like some help?" They looked up at her, a little too innocently to be plausible. Linriel smiled at them, and they began to help with the food.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen stood there with the fur coat wrapped around her. Ella went back to the group. She looked at her feet and thought for a moment. She was touched that Ella had apologized. She felt as though she needed to apologize to her for her attitude toward her in the past. She sat down and leaned against the tree. She wished that Adien would talk to her. She had tried to apologize many times but he was still angry at her. She didn't understand him sometimes.
The food smelled wonderful, but she didn't want to eat. She was hungry, but she didn't think she could enjoy the food. She tucked her knees to her chest and looked at the group.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella walked to the rest of the group silently. She had made it and she felt a relief. The cousins along with Linriel were around the animals and she saw Adien quietly in a corner. He seemed so lonely. She went there and sat near him, still smoking. She wondered why neither of them wanted to eat. However, Ella didn’t want to pressure him.

“Great knives you’ve got, lad.” She said looking at his weapons. She was comfortable talking to him like she used to talk with her dwarvish friends.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
He looked up and said, " Thank you," he looked over at Iellwen and the quickly looked away as he saw she was looking at him. " You need to talk to her," Ella said. " No, i don't think i will," " She has apologized to you though, Adien! Why will you not talk to her?" " She, I don't know. I just don't feel like this will be able to work it self out. She has done this for a long time, just running off. She told me herself she doesn't care about her own safety. she doesn't care enough for me to be careful. What if she died?" his voice began to show hints of his love for her with everyword
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella looked at him affectionately. She now was sure he was in love with her and the elf thought that it was quite beautiful. White rings filled the air and then Ella spoke patiently “She cares about you and you’re the only one who cannot see it.” Ella took a deep breath and said calmly. “You would regret not talking to her if she died.”

Her memory was filling her mind with Kíli’s images. She knew what was like loving someone and be afraid. Yet, she cared about the boy and wanted him to be fine. She looked at everyone “We’re all here and we can help each other. I won’t let anyone die.” She thought of her son.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was pleased that Meri and Beri came to help with the meat. "It is good you know how to skin and not waste the animal. A feather necklace sounds wonderful." She began to get the meat ready to cook. It will be a good meal.

Linriel noticed Ella talking with the human girl and then the boy. She shook her head. Humans are so difficult sometimes. The children think they are grown up but are not. Linriel had no patience for childish bickering. The good of this little company must come first.

[Edited on 08/13/2013 by Lindarielwen]
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email