Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel saw Iellwen by herself and brought her some food. "You haven't eaten eaten much lately, are you feeling alright?" She asked. Iellwen seemed to be feeling rejected. She had overheard Adien express his fear of losing Iellwen, this she understood. She hoped she might have an opportunity to talk to him about it. She had spent a lot of time with Iellwen and didn't want Adien to thi k she was taking sides.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel went over to Adonnenniel and Iellwen and sat down. "You must eat, child. We all have to keep up our strength." She looked at Adonnenniel. "This journey will be hard on everyone here. We have a long way to go. I hope not much blood will be shed but this girl..." Linriel nodded towards Iellwen, "this girl seeks vengeance and Ella is hunting goblins. As for me, I am only guessing it is the Corsairs that have taken Bildarion. I no longer think it was the Easterlings. I wish peace would come to all of us." She looked at Adonnenniel and wondered what her part will be on this quest.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel nodded, the harsh reality starring her in the face, she would rather not think too far ahead. "I know what she seeks." said said, then rose and indicated for Linriel to move out of earshot with her. "I know she is stubborn, but I have not given up hope that she will learn to forgive. She is in bondage to them by her anger. Vengance accomplished will not release her, only forgiveness. Should she accomplish what she desires, she will carry the weight of their deaths till she learns to forgive herself. I hope for peace more than anything, peace in our spirits most of all."
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"You are very wise, Adonnenniel," said Linriel. "You are the stabilizing force of this company." Linriel looked at the elf and continued, "I fear Iellwen will not stop until she kills the men she seeks." She added, "I do not know what my path will be when I find my betrothed. But I am not a child. That girl has seen much tragedy and there is more to come for her. As for me, I will do what I must do when the time comes."

Linriel looked back at Iellwen. "I hope she and Adien begin to talk again. They need each other."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel blushed, she did not see herself this way. She felt innadequate so often. "Your journey may be long and arduous, but I believe you will find him one day, and you will know what to do." Looking back toward Iellwen "I hope they resolve this soon as well. They have had enough sadness in their lives, now they are just making more for themselves. I need to speak to Adien about this, hopefuly soon, I hope he will listen." Adien seemed occupied at the moment, so she went back to sit with Iellwen. She would wait for the right opportunity.

[Edited on 08/14/2013 by HuldahMaria]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel wondered where the 2 elf cousins were. She found them under a tree making several necklaces from the pheasant feathers and Beri was doing something with the rabbit fur. "The food is ready," Linriel told them. "Go and eat."

She saw Ella, alone, sitting on a rock looking mournful. I hope she finds that axe. I will help her as much as I can.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri stood up. "What are you making?" she asked Beri. "Not sure." her cousin replied. "Maybe a hat or something. I thought I'd just see how it turned out." They walked over to get some food.While Meri was happy enough to use up animal skins of those who were dead already, she wasn't keen on eating meat, so just ate a carrot that she had found and washed.
"I miss Squealer." Beri said. "Squealer?" questioned Meri. "You know, the pig." "I thought he was called George!" "Yeah, well, I think he was actually a girl. But I suppose she will be happy enough with the stable boy." "And we can always go and get her when the journey ends." Meri consoled, not for one second wavering in her certainty that they would return. "At least I have Midnight and Sunlight!" Beri said happily, pulling out the two mice and walking back to the tree to play with them.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled as she watched the two young elves. They always had such a cheery outlook. She hoped they always do and was glad they, at least, had each other and got along so well. Linriel wished the same would be true for Iellwen and Adien. I hope the bickering of those 2 humans do not bring trouble for the rest of us.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella stood up and joined the rest of the group. While she was eating she saw Meri and Beri happy and cheerful. Those elves were quite something. She sat near Linriel and smiled.

“Thank you for the meal, my lady.” Ella noticed she was looking to the humans. “They will be fine.”
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri wandered over to the bushes by the side of the road. She spotted some luscious looking red berries on a bush with bright green needles, that she vaguely thought might have been yew. She pulled off a berry and ate it. It tasted alright, though not particularly sweet, so she consumed another one. Suddenly she felt as if her heart was being squeezed for two second before it passed, like how it did sometimes when she went running in the cold. She staggered over to the others, and almost fell over as she tried to sit down and missed the log completely.

[Edited on 08/14/2013 by wolfbladequeen]
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"I just do not want them to cause trouble for the rest of us," Linriel said to Ella. "I am glad the food turned out so well...I do not like to cook." laughed Linriel.

Glancing at the two young elves, she saw Meri staggering and swaying. Oh, that one is always fooling around, making people laugh.

[Edited on 08/14/2013 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"Shouldn't we... um... be going soon?" Meri asked. She was finding it difficult to focus.
"No, you idiot, people are still eating! And the ponies will want a drink too." Beri called from where she was playing with the mice.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen saw Meri stagger out of the bushes. She wondered for a bit if something was wrong. but she couldn't think what. She saw Adien stand and walk over to her. she smiled. " Can I talk to you, Iellwen?" he asked. " I have been waiting for you to ask that," she said standing. The two walked into the woods a little ways and he said, " i am sorry. I have been a terrible friend to you the last few weeks. I am truly sorry," " I forgive you. I heard you saying that you would like me to be more careful. I will try to be," they smiled. They heard a rustle in the bushes of to their right. They turned and saw nothing. frowning they walked toward the spot. It rustled again. They were just by the bush when seven orcs leaped from the bushes. Iellwen screamed. Adien pulled his sword from his sheath and pushed iellwen behind him. She figured out his plan. she drew her concealed knife.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen saw Meri stagger out of the bushes. She wondered for a bit if something was wrong. but she couldn't think what. She saw Adien stand and walk over to her. she smiled. " Can I talk to you, Iellwen?" he asked. " I have been waiting for you to ask that," she said standing. The two walked into the woods a little ways and he said, " i am sorry. I have been a terrible friend to you the last few weeks. I am truly sorry," " I forgive you. I heard you saying that you would like me to be more careful. I will try to be," they smiled. They heard a rustle in the bushes of to their right. They turned and saw nothing. frowning they walked toward the spot. It rustled again. They were just by the bush when seven orcs leaped from the bushes. Iellwen screamed. Adien pulled his sword from his sheath and pushed iellwen behind him. She figured out his plan. she drew her concealed knife.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
When Ella saw the two kids walking away to talk she smiled. Finally they were going to fix things. She saw Meri a little odd and she asked her if she was okay.
Suddenly, a scream was heard outside. “I will go to see what is happening. Please stay here and take care of her.” She pointed to Meri.

Ella grabbed her bow and her sword and ran outside. When she found the children, she saw seven orcs. Orcs here? she questioned herself.

She stood still near a tree where she couldn’t be seen, and shoot an arrow right to an orc’s neck. He fell dead.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel heard Iellwen scream and turned around. Orcs! She felt like she was in a dream, a nightmere. She wasn't a fighter and wanted to run, but it was too late to hide Iellwen and Adien.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Too late, Linriel saw the blade of her sword turn blue. She heard the screams and ran to the woods. Iellwen and Adien were surrounded by seven orcs! Ella killed one with her bow leaving six. Linriel did not fight in a long time but she ran into the fray screaming, "Bildarion!" Her heart was pounding and it felt good! She lifted the sword with two hands and sliced the head off the nearest orc. Five to go!
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
The Orcs charged. " One, two, three!" said Adien. their plan was to jump out of the way. but some how, the orcs had seen through their plan. the tackled the children pinning them to the ground. Adien dropped his sword but Iellwen had a strong grip on her knife. she tried to stab upwards at the orc but a large metal booted foot stomped hard on her arm. she yelped as the hard foot came down on her arm. she could no longer attack. she would be saved by her friends or she would die. " i will not die!" she saw Linriel run into the woods and killed one. another was shot by ella. The Orc on top of her hissed," Make them stop or you and your friend here dies!" another next to adien pointed his sword at his heart. " Stop!" screamed Iellwen to her friends. " Stop attacking! They will kill us if you don't stop!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Quicker than a blink, Linriel threw her dagger into the eye of the orc that was holding Adien. The orc fell to the ground. Before the orc holding Iellwen knew what was happening, Linriel lept behind him and sliced off his head. Three left!
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella was still hidden in the tree. She climbed up. The orcs told them to stop as they would kill Adien and Iellwen. She looked to Linriel and made her a signal. If she managed to shoot that orc and the other elf killed the other, they were free. However, it was too risky. She didn’t wante them to get hurt or worse killed. She hopped Linriel would think of something while she was pointing an arrow to the orc who was pointing a sword at the boy’s heart.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was surprised how good she felt. She felt no mercy for these creatures. Now for the other 3. She saw Ella in the tree and knew Ella would have good aim.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was slaying orcs like she never knew she could. She felt surprised and she smirked. She shot another one in the heart and jumped unsheathing her sword.

“Nice one, my lady.” She said.

[Edited on 08/14/2013 by Ella]
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen jumped up and began to run for the tree she saw ella in. but one of the remaining orcs tackled her. she kicked and punched but the orc would not get off. adien ran to her aid and killed the orc. the other two were soon upon them. she killed one, but the other was attacking fiercely and fast. the orc his adien in the head with the pommel of his sword. he toppled unconscious to the ground. "Adien!" she yelled. Then she attacked faster and more fiercely then the orc. she didnt have time to grab adiens sword. So she pulled and arrow from her quiver and stabbed him in the throat.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel watched everything in a daze, it was too fast. She remembered she had a knife with her, but what use was that against armed orcs. She had never thought she would get herself into such a mess. She saw Meri out of the corner of her eye, something wasn't right with her. She grabbed Meri by the arm and pulled her out of site.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
I was over. Ella went to the bodies and recovered her arrows, cleaning them. After it, she went to Adien and Iellwen. “Are you hurt?” she asked worried.

Then she turned to Linriel and said in elvish “Well fought. But why are orcs in these lands?”
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri had only just noticed Adonnenniel's hand on her arm. She looked up at her questioningly and little dully. "What's going on?" she muttered.
Beri remained hidden in the top branches of a tree with her mice.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was breathing heavily. Wiping the blade of her sword, she talked to Ella in elvish. "Something has drawn these evil creatures to us it seems. They never come to these lands."

Linriel walked over to Adonnenniel. "It was good of you to keep the cousins out of harm's way." She noticed Meri was not her usual self. "What is wrong with Meri?" asked Linriel. She saw Beri in the tree. "What has happened to your cousin? Do you know?"
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel looked at her carefully. " We were attacked" she said. It is over, what happened to you? You seem out of it?" She was very concerned, what had the young elf gotten herself into?
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"Oh... I don't know... I thought she was just playing..." Beri called down.
"'M fine." Meri mumbled. "Just a bit..." she frowned with concentration. "Bit tired, I guess..." She trailed off, then coughed twice. A sliver of berry skin fell out of her mouth.

[Edited on 08/15/2013 by wolfbladequeen]
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella walked to Adonnenniel. She was glad she didn’t fight so she could look after the cousins. However, something was wrong. She looked at them with a great concern. Meri ate berries that seem to be venomous.

“She needs to throw up before the poison spread.” She said calmly.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri swung down from her tree. "Can I do it?" she asked, waving a pheasant feather at Meri.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen placed Adien's head in her lap. " Adien?" she whispered. He did not stir. She stroked his hair. " Adien?" she said again. Again nothing. She wanted him to wake up. Needed him to wake up. Blood trickled from the wound in his head. She tore a sleeve from her shirt and wrapped it around his head. She touched her necklace then thought, " I will wait a while before trying. He could wake any moment," but he didn't. his eyes didn't even stir in his eyelids. but he was breathing and that was all she needed to know. She saw that Meri needed her necklace. " Adonnenneil?" she said loudly. " Catch" she threw the necklace and Adonnenneil missed. It fell to the ground. but it didnt not shatter. Only a little piece, hardly bigger than a grain of salt fell from it's place. It felt as though someone has squeezed her heart. She winced and closed her eyes waiting for the pain to subside. It did soon. She didn't feel much different, just tired. Adonnenneil picked it up and looked at her with concern. " Give it to her quickly," She did. After a few minutes, Meri seemed to feel better. Adonnenneil carried the necklace carefully back to her. Adien still had not woke.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel did not like the look of Adien's wound. Head injuries were nothing to mess with. She asked Iellwen what she was planning to do. She felt so wrung out already, and now another crisis. She was going to end up crying again by the end of the evening, she could feel it coming. She hated being so weak.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri took a few steps then threw up. She felt alright now, though quite empty. Beri was pleased that she was alright. "But it's a shame that I never got to stick the feather down your throat!" she teased. "Tragic." Meri answered, back in good humour already. Then they noticed Adien. He was unconscious, and they could see that Iellwen was very worried about him.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella hurried to the boy. He was injured in his head. It seemed quite serious. The elf turned pale remembering her dead son and his beloved dying in her arms. She froze. The boy would die if she didn’t do anything. Tears began flowing through her face. She searched for a blue herb she thought that might help. As she found it, she cut it and ran to the boy. Iellwen held the necklace.

“Do not use it on the boy.” she said nervous. The tears didn’t stop but she didn’t make anything to try. She applied it on the wound and the boy opened his eyes.

Then she turned to Linriel and Adonnenniel in a fast elvsih. "We need to hurry to the Mines. There will be clean water, food and medicine. I reckon he will endure until then. If we ride fast and make only one or two stops we can reach Khazad-dûm in four days."

[Edited on 08/14/2013 by Ella]
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email