Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked at Adonnenniel and saw the sadness in her eyes. "Oh, Adonnenniel, how sorry I am for all your losses. Such pain and heartache you have gone through! Remember though, you still have family in the West and maybe the day will come for you to be together again. Perhaps our families even know each other there! But now, that is all behind you. Your path has led you to this place. All of us here are alone and searching for something or someone. You now have a new sort of family. I know the human children look to you for guidance and support. Especially that Iellwen child. She is in great need of someone like you to help her. She needs stability and someone to keep her on the right path. You will be...."

As Linriel spoke, a horse came galloping to the inn, riderless. It was the horse Iellwen was riding!

Ella saw the riderless steed and quickly took action, jumping on the horse with Adien and riding into the woods.

[Edited on 08/09/2013 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen heard Adien calling her name. She smiled with relief and began to run in the direction of his voice. She heard growling and stopped. She looked behind her and saw a huge wolf charging at her. she began to run, but tripped. the wolf was almost upon her. she screamed and covered her head. but she felt nothing but the rush of wind. she sat up and saw it charging Ilma. she stood quickly and shouted " GO!" they took off on Ilma. She ran out of the forest and placed and arrow to the string. she aimed carefully at the wolf. one mistake could hurt her friends or ilma. she let the arrow loose and it hit the back of the wolf's neck. it fell dead to the ground.

[Edited on 08/09/2013 by Legolas23]
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella saw many events happening too fast. When she saw the wolf dead, she demounted Ilma and walked in Iellwen’s direction.

“Have you just gone mad?” she asked in a low voice not to Adien hear. She threw her a reproving look though she was only concerned with the girl. “You cannot run away like this.” She looked at the boy and then to Iellwen again. “Do you think it is funny? He is been doing everything for you yet you only worry him.” Ella turned around upset and went near Ilma.

“We need to go. We have a long journey ahead.” She said without looking back and starting to walk through the forest. 
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" I didn't run away!" she shouted. " Ilma was spooked and i couldnt stop him! I didn't run away!" She was furious. She had just went to wash and ended up in the forest. she couldn't help it. Ilma was stronger than her, and so was ella. she didn't care. she was mad. Adien came to her and said cautioning her," Calm down," " No!" she said.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
She does not seem to know the risk she took by riding alone after all those recent events. And Adien, poor boy…

Ella tried ignored the girl’s excuses. Deep down she knew she might have overreacted. The elf tried to keep calm but the girl didn’t stopped. She couldn’t take it anymore. She walked to her and unsheathed her dagger to her throat.

“Do you think your parents sacrificed themselves for you to be so careless?” She had been a mother so she was feeling every word she said. “I wished I could have my son by my side right now! I wished I could have exchanged places with him! Do you know how much dignity have your parents for succeed protecting you? Do you understand how blessed are you? Do not dishonor their sacrifice!” Ella’s face was full of tears. She had failed protecting her son.

She let down her dagger and continued walking towards the inn. She didn’t want anyone to get hurt.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel was glad she had shared her story with Linriel. She saw Ella and Adien ride off together, she wasn't sure what was going on, but it obviously wasn't good. She gave Linriel a look that said "now what?"
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel said to Adonnenniel, "I am sorry our talk has been interrupted. By the look on Ella's face, it seems the girl child has caused some commotion. Let us go see what has happened." Linriel and Adonnenniel walked up to Ella who seemed both angry and distraught.

The children, Iellwen and Adien, were coming out of the woods leading Ilma. The girl, Iellwen, had a defiant look on her face. The boy simply looked miserable.

"I do not know yet what has happened." said Linriel. "But I do know one thing. I will not allow the antics of children to come between myself and what I have set out to do. This girl has been on her own for quite a while and maybe she should remain that way."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel followed Linriel, she wasn't happy about the look of things. She didn't know how to handle defiance, but she didn't even know what had happened yet. Linriel was quite rite not to let others prevent her from seeking her fiance. It was Adonnenniel who had the time to spare, who had nothing holding her back but herself. She saw Adien's face, poor boy, what had Iellwen put him through now? She looked at Iellwen again, love is a choice, her decision was made.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel knew what Adonnenniel was thinking...help these little ones..and she was to be commended for that.

Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella wiped her tears. Iellwen is just a child. I should not have said that. she thought.

Linriel and Adonnenniel walked to them. Ella looked at them and said “It was nothing serious, just an accident.” The elf went to the stable to make her last preparations. The food was packed as her bag and her weapons. She rode Kalin, her dark horse and returned to the others.

“We need to leave. We have already lost much time here.” She said glancing at Iellwen.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"I could not agree more." answered Linriel. "I will go get my pack from my room." Linriel rushed off and went to her room. Gathering her things, she thought to herself...I am going to find you dearest Bildarion. I will let nothing deter me...She fastened her cloak and put the jeweled sword in it's scabbard.

"Are we all here?" asked Linriel as she approached the others. Her horse, Meldir, was saddled and ready. She looked at Ella. "What of these young ones?"

Adonnenniel was silent.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel waited for an explanation from Iellwen, but it seemed she did not want to say anything, at least not now. She hurried back in and got her bag. "I am ready." She told Ella.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel's horse pounded the ground with his blue hooves, he was ready to leave as well. She looked at the small group of hopeful adventurers. What dangers lie ahead? Will we all survive? Will we all find what we are seeking?
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri had gone to the wood, all too happy to leave Beri with the mare, and approached the body of wolf. Although she knew of its dangers, she was sad to see such a beautiful and intelligent creature pass away. She was also worried. Had it been a lone wolf? Otherwise, where were its companions? She felt that they should leave as soon as possible. But she didn't like to waste materials, and so skinned the wolf using her dagger, intending to make a new cloak when she had the time. She knew she would be unable to dry out the skin, so simply packed it in Narroch's saddlebags.
Beri had already mounted, as they had had nothing to pack, and helped Meri get up behind her.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen squeezed Adiens hand. " I am sorry," she whispered. He didn't sqeeze back. He didn't even look at her. She let go and looked at Ilma. Adien walked over to talk to Ella. Adien had never acted this way. He was never angry with her. Maybe Ella was right. Maybe all she did was worry him. She wrapped her arms tightly around herself.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel watched the interaction between Iellwen and Adien, it seemed they had had a fight of some sort. Ella was definitely not happy. Iellwen looked hurt and alone. Adonnenniel had to be careful, there were too many emotions going on here. She approached Iellwen slowly without saying anything. Let her bring it up, she thought, no use pushing her. "Do you have all your things?" She asked. A safe question, she thought, in her eyes was an invitation to tell her what was going on, if she chose.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" Yes," said Iellwen in a shaky voice not looking at Adonnenneil. " He is just angry, i think," she said. " but he is never angry. he has never been angry at me. I just got lost in the woods! Ella said all i do is worry him and my parent's didn't dye for me to be careless. but it's wasn't my fault! a wolf spooked Ilma into the woods. And when it began to chase them on Ilma, i shot it, maybe saving my horses life and their's but they had to yell at me and now, he wont talk to me," she let all her hurt and sadness pour out in her words.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel nodded, she wasn't sure if that was the whole story, but decided to take Iellwen's word for it. She put her hand on Iellwen's shoulder, hoping to encourage her without saying anything cliche. She wondered why Iellwen had been riding in that direction In the first place. This would be an interesting day. She looked at Adien, wondering what he was thinking, and if there was anything she could say to him.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" We should go," said Ella. Meri and Beri had arrived. They all mounted. Iellwen almost began to cry when Adien mounted with Ella. She would ride alone. She looked away and thought with anger boiling up inside her," I dont need him to ride with me. I will be better alone. I can think without him talking," she knew she wanted him in front of her on the saddle. she knew she wanted him. but she tried on convince herself otherwise. She stuffed her tiny pack in the large saddle bag and put her cloak in the other side. Maybe Adonnenneil would ride next to her and they could talk. but she doubted it. adonnenneil was a private person, and would have more to talk to with the other elves. she sniffed.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel was no expert in resolving these type of conflicts, and Adien looked like he was not interested in talking at all. Again, she felt so inadequate. Iellwen looked like she felt both angry and abandonned. She didn't like the tension in the group, it seemed like everything was on the verge of falling apart. Relationships just forming could be so easily ruined. Not knowing what else to do, she started singing an elvish song, hoping to lighten the mood a bit. She wished Iellwen and Adien could understand it, it was a very cheerful and humorous song.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
The group left the inn in a walk. the elvish made necklace grew warm on her chest. she picked up up and saw it was glowing. she smiled slightly. She was now fourteen years old. Adonnenneil saw the necklace. " What is it doing?" she asked. Iellwen saw Adonnenneil did not approve of the necklace. " Today is my birthday, remember? I was born at this time 14 years ago," she said smiling. " but i feel much much older than that," she looked at adien talking to ella. she looked away and looked at her hands on the reins.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
As they were riding South Ella thought she was being somewhat unfair. Iellwen was just a child and so was Adien. It was clear the tension in the group and the elf felt she was responsible for that. Adonnenniel began singing a cheerful melody that warmed her heart. She glanced at the child and saw her in a mix of anger and loneliness. Ella didn’t dare to look again.

The elf usually didn’t liked humans but she was growing a special care for Adien. She became very informal when she talked to him, like in her times in Erebor with her dwarf fellows. She whispered to the boy “I’m sorry, lad. I shouldn’t have been so tough.” Ella wanted to fix things up. She knew the boy was in love with Iellwen. “I know you care about her. You should go and talk to her.”

After some hours she decided to take a break. They found a pleasant field with a small lake. “We should stop and have lunch here.” She said everyone.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" No, i won't. She obviously doesn't care that much about me. she takes off and always gets hurt. If she cared, she wouldn't do it. i havent seen her in over three months and when i get back, i hardly get to see her happy and conscious!" he said. They stopped for lunch. he sat on the ground and grabbed for his lunch. iellwen dismounted and gave Ilma and apple, as she had promised. she couldnt bare the tension anymore. she had to get away. she went to a tall tree and climbed it.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella sat near the boy with her lunch. She didn’t want to pressure him but she knew Iellwen cared about him. “I’m sure she cares about you. Besides, she’s glad to have you by her side or she wouldn’t be acting the way she is.” Ella pointed the tree that the girl climbed. The elf was now too involved to just don’t do anything.

She lighted her smoking pipe. She didn’t want to abandon Adien but she wanted to leave him alone so he could think. She went near the other elves and apologized “I am not being reasonable. Forgive me for that. May I sit here?”
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel knew Ella felt guilty about the incident with Iellwen. "Ella, you did nothing wrong. There must be some discipline here or this journey with these younglings will not go well. Iellwen has not had an adult human in her life for a while and she is used to being on her own. She can take care of herself quite well. You have seen her skill with a sword and with a bow."

Linriel asked Adonnenniel, "What do you make of all this? You seem to be the only one who can get through to her. What about this necklace of hers?"

Walking over to Meri, Linriel told the young elf that she did a very good job skinning the wolf. "The fur will be useful."

Meldir snorted and stomped his hooves. Linriel went to him and quietly spoke to him in Elvish. The journey had barely started and Linriel could see that much frustration was yet to come.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
"I don't know, but I don't feel comfortable with that necklace." she answered. "Remember when she said she felt drained without it? I can not shake the concern that she is somehow under it's power or something, that she is bound to it. It's healing power is wonderful, but what is the cost? What has happened to the dwarves that were healed by it? Are they too now under it's spell? Too many unanswered questions and too much power without understanding. I don't think she has any idea what she might have gotten into. I hope at least she and Adien will make up soon."
Adonnenniel then climbed into the tree with Iellwen and sat opposite her. "You feel safe up here?" she asked. "I have spent my fair share of time in trees as well."
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" Yes, i do," she said. " Why do you not feel comfortable about my necklace? you think i am bound to it?" she asked. " You can hear us?" she asked. Iellwen laughed. " I am half elf you know," they laughed. Iellwen reached behind her and began to unfasten her necklace. " What are you doing?" asked Adonnenneil. " Here," she said placing it in her hand. " Keep it for the day and we can see if or how much change there is," already the gleam in her eyes was gone. she looked tired.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel was shocked at the sudden change that in Iellwen's eyes, and there was no hiding it. She held the necklace in her hand as if it might be a fire cracker. Then she wrapped it tightly in a handkercheif and tucked it away so it was not in any direct contact with her. "Iellwen, what is this?" she asked. "What do you know of it?"
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was right and Ella nodded at her words. Maybe she was trying to do more than she should. Her concerning didn’t stop there. The necklace. When Adonnenniel talked about the dwarves she became even more worried. She thought of passing through Moria. Perhaps someone knew how Borin and Frór were and they might find what the power of her necklace was. Of course she also wanted to hear news from the dwarves and where were the goblins who stole Kili’s axe.

She walked to Meri and Beri and asked how were they.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri, who had been plaiting Narroch's mane, smiled at Ella. "Fine, thanks!" she answered.
Meri was hanging out the wolf skin so that it could dry. She smiled when Linriel told her that she had done a good job, but the smile slid off her face when the elf turned her back. She could see that Iellwen was upset, but had her own problems. "I'm - good thanks." she said in a voice choked with thinly veiled fear. She didn't expect Ella to believe her, especially since her face was ashen and she was clutching her cloak to stop her hands from shaking.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen sighed. " I don't know anything but my mother gave it to me when I was an infant. I have never stopped wearing it. But my mother died two days later of no apparent cause. She was an Elf, so she couldn't have just died. but there was no blood and my father had been in the room the whole night. both of us were unharmed. My father said the reason for this was because my mother's life force could have been bound to this necklace. but everyone else in the family said it was impossible. they said that she was sick and died in the night. but father never believed them. so i do not know if my life is now bound to this necklace or not. but i do know that if i go more then two days without it, there is a possibility. make sure you give it back to me at the end of the day," she said. " Come," she said. " I am sure you are hungry. Let us get you some lunch," " What about you?" asked Adonnenneil when they swung down from the tree. " No, i am not hungry," her face was pale now.

[Edited on 08/10/2013 by Legolas23]
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella smiled back to Beri yet when she went to meet Meri she looked at the young elf intrigued.

“Can I do something for you?” The elf asked worried.

Then she saw Iellwen swinging down from the tree. She wanted to talk to her to apologize herself but she remained near Meri.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"Not unless you can change the past." Merilwen replied with a wry laugh. She looked at Ella for a moment, then turned and walked slowly to the edge of the lake, where she knelt, running her hand through the water to watch the ripples.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella followed Meri and knelt near her putting her hand on the young elf shoulder. She felt her sadness. She knew anything she might say wouldn’t comfort her.

“I cannot change your past yet you can make a happy future by the choices you make in the present.” She whispered. She was realizing that herself should believe in this hopeful idea.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"Thank you." Meri said. She wondered how much to say. "It's just-" she looked over her shoulder to make sure her cousin was out of earshot. "I know it's silly, but... I'm afraid of horses. The first time I ever saw one... well... it was Iellwen's horse... there were buildings on fire, and I could see the horses terror. I wanted to calm it down, but it reared up and kicked me." she glanced at her left forearm. "Then, the one of the men I was with threw a knife at the horse... it ran through the burning buildings... Whenever I look at Narroch, I can see the flames... And I can't help but feel it was my fault... The way Narroch looks at me... it's like she knows..." she broke off. "Beri wasn't there... please... don't tell her... she needs to see me as strong..."
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email