Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel nodded, not sure if the vision, and Iellwen's conclusion were entirely accurate. Why would her father lie to her? But she smiled slightly as Iellwen named the trates she shared with her mother. Iellwen was coughing again, now blood. Adonnenniel wiped her face with a handkercheif. She leaned over her and whispered, "I saw the Elf in you," then she sent Adien to get Ella and Linriel, and hurry.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
She was absorbed in the map and in the directions she didn’t heard the boy coming. He was asking for help. Apparently, Iellwen was coughing blood. It was not good – at all. Ella ran upstairs. She boiled some water with some herbs stronger than the last ones and applied it on the wound. The girl screamed in pain and her body trembled even stronger than before. Ella made her drink more of her special hot tea and covered her with her all the blankets she found in the room. She was sweating more than before. Ella was making it. The more she sweated faster her body let out the sickness. Slowly Iellwen calmed down and her breath became regular.

Ella took a deep breath as she sat in a chair.

HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel kept her hand on Iellwen's shoulder as she screamed. Fear began to creep into her mind and she closed her eyes, thinking only of how to comfort Iellwen. She spoke soothing words as best she could. "It's alright, she's helping you, it will be better soon" she switched into elvish without realizing it. As Iellwen calmed down, she spoke quieter and quieter. Then she gave Ella look that said "Tell me, the whole truth."
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella looked at Adonneniel. She cared for Iellwen like if she was her mother. She smiled and explained “Do not worry. Her body needs to release all the impurity and sweating is a way of doing it. The infusion and the tea were made with medicinal herbs that reduce the pain and cure some injuries.”

Ella stood up again and went to the door. Before she left, she turned said “Soon she will recover so you need strength too.”

The Elf went downstairs and asked for two meals. As they were ready, Ella took them upstairs to the room and gave them to the elf and to the boy. “Since you do not seem to want to leave, here you go.”
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel thanked Ella for bringing them food. She was hungry, now that she thought about it, and greatly relieved that Ella felt Iellwen would recover. She ate her food and found herself exhaused. She closed her eyes and dozed.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel stayed at the table looking at Ella's map. There were so many different paths to chose. South. Linriel knew she must head South.

This was an exhausting day. Too much bloodshed. What doom did that human child bring to them? Linriel did not think she would partake in the child's quest to find the killers of her family. She heard Iellwen had a vision that her mother was still alive. Hopefully, that was true.

Linriel had a quest of her own and she sensed that it was coming to an end. I will find him. I will find him soon.

[Edited on 08/07/2013 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen didn't eat. She didn't feel like it. She had stopped shivering. Her head throbbed. Adonnenneil was sleeping. Iellwen decided she would sleep as well. She dozed off as well. Adien came in then. Iellwen was pale her skin was a grayish color. He went to her and said quietly," Iellwen?" she didnt move. she breathed quietly. " Iellwen!" he said louder. He squeezed her hand. Nothing. " Iellwen!" he exclaimed. Adonneneil woke started.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel jumped, she was confused for a moment. She looked at Iellwen and Adien as her mind refocussed. What was going on? Ella said she would recover, was this merely an effect of the tea?
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella looked at them as confused as Adonnenniel. That wasn’t supposed to be happening. She leaned her lips to Iellwen’s forehead and she was becoming cold. Then she grabbed her hand and felt her wrist. Her heart was beating slowly. Ella took another look at the wound. It was cleaned and it would heal for sure. Then she whispered in elvish “Wake up, my dear. Stay with me, please.”

Oh for Durin’s sake! she thought.

She was trying to remain calm. It may have been because of the pain. She forced the mug into the girl’s mouth. The tea would ease her suffering. “For your loved ones, for you father, your mother, Adien…” she continued to whisper in elvish just for her to hear.

After some minutes, Iellwen’s skin became less grey and her eyes opened.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen opened her eyes. She didn't feel cold, but nor was she hot like when she had the fever. She saw Adien, Adonnenneil, and Ella surrounding her. " Oh Iellwen!" said Adien embracing her. She laughed a little. " I thought you were," he couldn't finish. " I know what you thought. But i am not," she said. Then Adonnenneil did something Iellwen never imagined. The hugged her and began to cry tears of joy
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel breathed a sigh of relief. She knew Iellwen would heal quickly and be off on her quest. Linriel did not know what she will do...her thoughts are leading her South...but she will stay at the inn for a while longer and see what path the others will follow. Her turquoise eyes clouded with sadness as she thought of her beloved. She thought of her parents and knew they were happy and safe. But no time for sadness. She must decide what to do.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella was relieved. Everything was fine. Then she looked at Linriel. Her eyes showed sadness and it wasn’t hard to know why. Ella wanted to help her even more than any other but she didn’t felt like abandoning the children. She approached the other elf.

“Linriel,” she was whispering so only her could hear. “Let’s just travel together for a while. I think the Green Way and the Old South Road will be the best path.” She stopped for a little glancing right in her eyes. Then she made something she wasn’t expecting. She put her hand in her shoulder, smiled and said in elvish “I do wish to help you, my lady. You will find him.”
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"I am so greatful to you, Ella. But what about your own quest? You are looking for the axe to take back to Erebor. Which way do you think the orcs are headed? Perhaps we can both help each other. I know my journey leads me South. The Greenway and the Old South Road are my likely choices and perhaps are yours as well. I think we will work well together." With that, Linriel placed her hand on Ella's shoulder. "Elen Sila lumenn omentielvo", Linriel said in Quenya..."A star shines on the hour of our meeting. I am happy to have you with me."

"Let us go tend to the child and see what plans the others have." said Linriel.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel wept with relief and because she was so emotionally spent. When she pulled herself together she sat down, wondering what Iellwen would say to her. She had done things she hadn't known she knew how to do. She knew she had surprised everyone, even herself.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel and Ella came into the room. Linriel went to Adonnenniel. "You have been a great help to that child. I see you have some sort of connection to her. She needs that right now. I think she will recover and need you more when she does."
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel nodded. She don't know much about Linriel, but she seemed like a very nice person, though quite preoccupied with her own quest. Adonnenniel wished her well, whatever her next step might be. "I feel so inadequate," she said. "Iellwen is...well, I'm not really sure even how to describe her. She is very independent and determined, but she is more than that. I don't really understand her, or how to really help her. But I can't leave her, and I can't explain my connection to her, it just happened."
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" Ella?" asked Iellwen. Ella looked her way. " How long will it be until I can move without it hurting too badly. I would like to start on our journeys as soon as possible. I need to find the necklace. It feels like part of me is missing, and i feel," she stopped searching for the right words. " drained without it," Her words seemed to startle the Elves, but she did not know why
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked at Adonnenniel and motioned for the Elf to follow her outside. "Let us see if the necklace is somewhere on the ground." said Linriel.

The two elves searched and searched. No blade of grass was left untouched. Finally, Adonnenniel called out, "Here! It is here! I have found it!" She gently picked it up but it gave a strange feeling to her. "We must hurry and get it back to Iellwen." whispered Adonnenniel.

[Edited on 08/07/2013 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri and Beri had been eating downstairs, but returned to Iellwen's side when they heard that she was worse. They were immensely relieved to hear her speak after this. They also felt that they had spent longer then necessary in the place.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella smiled at Linriel. Yes, she had her own quest yet something inside her was telling to follow that majestic elf. She was grateful to meet her and she sensed a light in the darkness of her heart. Her eyes shone and answered the other elf questions. She wanted to go with her for sure.

They went inside. Adonnenniel cared for the young girl like a mother what made Ella felt sorrowful. “You are beginning to love the child,” she told her.

Then Iellwen made some questions to Ella. She approached the bed and said “Maybe one week. We have time to do all the preparations needed within that time. You should rest now.”
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen heard them say that they found it. She smiled, happy the necklace was not lost. The two Elves rushed inside and handed it to Iellwen. When it touched her skin, she felt more alive, more energetic. She, with some help from Adien, clasped it behind her neck. She breathed in deeply, feeling like herself again and feeling stronger. she felt like she could stand and walk, but ella said not right now. " I feel as though i have rested for ages! I do not wish to stay in bed for a whole week! But i am hungry, so i will eat," the elves nodded their approval and she ate.

[Edited on 08/07/2013 by Legolas23]
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella was surprised. She looked at the girl. She had some power she didn’t understand. “Please, do not get up. It is better for you to rest for a while. And please, eat the food I brought you.”
She looked at Linriel.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
after she was eating, she had a thought. when everyone was gone, the would try closing the wound. it wasnt life threatening anymore, unless it started bleeding again and she could loose too much blood, but it did hurt a lot. she held the necklace in her hand. Her wound began to tingle, and then nothing. she looked down and in it's place, was a scab, as if the wound had healed days ago. She sat up, and it only hurt a bit. She threw her legs over the bed and stood. It only hurt a little. she walked, same result. smiling she said to adien," I suppose I should rest and see if i can get some peaceful rest. Thank you for taking care of me," he stood and nodded. She kissed him on the cheek, lightly. He smiled and went out of the room. Iellwen lay down in bed and went to sleep again.

[Edited on 08/07/2013 by Legolas23]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel did not know what the necklace can do but it obviously has some sort of power to help Iellwen. Linriel wondered if Iellwen's mother gave it to the child to protect her daughter when she could not be there.

Linriel and Ella exchanged looks. The two elves sat down and began to decide what to do. "We could stay here for a while longer," said Linriel. "I know you have concerns about Iellwen. Where is Adonnenniel?"

Ella
Council Member
Send Message
She lighted her pipe again making smoke rings in the air. Looking at Linriel and to the map she was thinking. “I do not want to leave her alone. We could go South together. We just need to wait a little longer.”

She looked around seeking Adonnenniel. Adien went there with a big smile on his face. Ella looked at him with a smile guessing what would have happened.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel came in, deep in thought. There was indeed a catch with this magic necklace. Iellwen seemed to be dependent on it in some way. Whatever good it did, she did not like this factor. She sought the council of the other elves about this.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel noticed the happy smile on Adien's face and she guessed that Iellwen was feeling much better. She said to Ella, "I know you have worries about the young girl. I can tarry for another week, perhaps, but no longer."

Linriel needed to freshen up. Her long hair should be washed and her clothes cleaned as well. She harkened to the innkeeper. "I need a place to clean my clothes and also myself." He called a serving girl who took Linriel to a bathing room. "This will do nicely," Linriel said to the girl.

Several hours later, Linriel reappeared with her long hair in a plait and different clothes. She no longer wore her light grey riding garb but a pure white dress that seemed to shimmer as she walked. She carried a small harp. She decided to sit outside and asked Ella to join her. The two elves left the inn and sat under the starlit sky. Linriel began to play. It was a mournful tune echoing the heartache of the last few days.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
After a while, a light shone as the door of the inn was opened. Adonnenniel stepped out looking for Ella and Linriel. "Come, join us. We can see that something is troubling you." said Ella. Linriel put down her harp.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella nodded and as the other Elf went to clean her clothes and herself, Ella just sat wondering about all the recent events. When she reappeared her majestic look had increased. She followed her amazed. Ella was used to the furs representing a great linage yet she looked like an elvish queen of old. She made a little bow. When she began playing her small harp she noticed something.

“Oh! It is a harp made in the deeps Erebor! Such a beautiful instrument! How did you get it?”

The music she was playing comforted Ella’s heart. After some minutes, Adonnenniel came out. Something was troubling her.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled at Ella's question. "The harp was a gift from my betrothed when he asked for my hand. I asked him from where it came and he laughed and said I would not believe him. I think it is as you say, Ella. It must have come from Erebor! My kin had a good relationship with those from Erebor. There was peace between our peoples and also with the Dunedain. Ah, the days of peace were wonderful."

Adonnenniel sat with them and began to tell them her concerns regarding Iellwen's neckalce.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella became thoughtful while she smoked. Then she glanced at Linriel and promissed “When this is all over, I will take you and your beloved to the great halls of Erebor.”

When Adonnenniel start explaining, Ella didn’t want to believe. She heard about magic of elves and some healing powers but never witnessed any. She was used to the herbal medicine of her family and to the dwarvish lifestyle. She was deeply worried about that necklace.

“It cannot be anything from human power. That is the only thing I can be sure.”
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Iellwen tried to sleep. But she couldn't. " I have slept for hours today! I don't need to rest anymore," she thought. Getting up carefully, she went to the pack on the floor. She pulled out a long sleeved forest green shirt to go under the leather vest. She needed to change out of the blue one, it being ripped and blood stained. she put it on and then laced up her leather vest again. she pulled out a pearl handled brush given to her by her mother and brushed her long hair and braided it. she re-laced her boots and her walked quietly out the door. She heard the Elves talking and harp music playing. She smelled the smoke of Ella's pipe. She peaked around the corner trying to find a way around them so they would not see her yet
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri was at the end of the corridor, intending to return downstairs, when she saw a flicker of movement in the corner of her eye. She turned around and caught a glimpse of Iellwen's hair floating through a door frame. She retraced her steps and saw that the girl had changed, and carried her belongings in a small leather pack. "What are you doing?" she asked cautiously. "Are you leaving? What about Adien?"
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
" No, I am not leaving," she said smiling. " Help me find a way to sneak around them for a moment and then we will surprise them! Come!" she said excitedly. the two laughed silently.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella was discussing that necklace with the other Elves. She hopped the child was recovering and thought of going there to see her. No, Adien is at her side. She will be alright. she thought.

She was tired. She closed her eyes for a moment and saw her son dead in Kili’s arms. She opened them quickly as she sighed.

[Edited on 08/07/2013 by Ella]
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email