Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2425262728Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked into the silver-grey eyes of the majestic Elf. She had deep respect for the Firstborn Thurinlass. "You are correct, Herunya, I am none too fond of that human girl. She is disrespectful and has no concern for others. I fear if she reaches Mordor before we find her, she will be embedded into the evil ways of Sauron."

Linriel looked at the others making ready to leave then turned back to Thurinlass. "My lord, I go on this journey to add my blade to yours."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnennil asked him if he knew anything about iellwen's past, something that was hidden from them. " No, nothing of importance. All i do know is that iellwen does care, for each and everyone of you. i think that all of you forget the heavy burden she bares. She has not been herself since she came back. She used to be a lovely, dancing girl who was friendly to strangers, who would do almost anything to help anyone else. She would spend hours out in meadows picking flowers for someone who was sick. When she came back, she was not herself. Scars and burns covered her body. Her eyes had lost their shine. She was so malnourished, no one thought she would live. She only lived because of the necklace. So when you think of her as a disrespectful girl who cares nothing for others, think about what she has to deal with. Think about it, and hopefully you will not say those things about her," Adien did not wait for anyone to respond, he just turned and packed his bags. As he hoisted it onto his shoulders, something fell out. He picked it up and saw the rose necklace he had given her. He held it in his hand for a moment before placing it into his pack.
Iellwen was so hungry. She had not eaten the whole day. They walked all day with little to no rest. She knew that supper would come in the evening, but only half rashions, but she did not know what half meant, did it mean only half of the normal serving, which was little enough, or did it mean every other day with a full rashion on the second day. She soon found out when they finally stopped. The stars were covered by thick clouds. Iellwen waited not daring to say a word for fear they would with hold her food. She saw them grab their bows and go out into the surrounding area to collect food. iellwen waited, hoping it would not rain! " but wait," she thought. " rain is water, and i am so thirsty!" now she hoped it would rain. but then she thought of the cold and dampness. she then remembered the blanket she had in her pack. She had packed it in her rush to Mordor the day she left. She figured she would need it. She climbed the tree, her hunger forgotten for the moment and soon had draped the blanket over a cluster of branches. She now had a roof over her head, although she knew the rain would soak through eventually, it would do. She saw the Urukia return, but she could not tell what they had caught. She jumped from the tree and stood there. she walked over to the circle of Uruks. " Scram," one growled. " You said half rashions!" she exclaimed. " That is just a fancy way of saying you will eat when we tell you you can!" one scoffed. She was angry now. She backed away a little and then climbed up the tree. She ran her fingers over the smooth stone she had picked up earlier on their travels. It gave her something to do in the long hours at night when she wasn't asleep. She threw it in the urukia's direction and it hit one in the back of the head. There was a scramble for weapons until their realized no one was there. iellwen laughed quietly, as they were still clueless to what has hit him.
Ella
Council Member
Send Message
Ella and Fili were ready to depart. She smiled to Thurinlass and looked to the others. Fili went to Adien and Ella felt truly sorry for him.

“We should get going.”

Looking to Linriel, she found herself quite happy for her company. Before she mounted her horse, she just knelt near the boy, kissed him lightly on his forehead and gave him a hug, whispering.

“We will get her back. I can promise I will do everything while I am alive to bring her back and to protect you, laddie.”

She truly felt him almost like a son to her and loosing Frerin made her quite disturbed. Then, she stood up and said.

“We cannot waste more time.”

Riding her horse, she began going South.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel whistled for Meldir and he trotted over to her. She checked her pack and counted her arrows. I can always make more arrows on the way to Mordor.

Doubt filled Linriel as she looked at the small company. She had no fear of orcs but knew they would face much worse on this journey. I hope we overtake Iellwen before we reach Mordor but what if we do not?

There will be fighting and evil to face and she knew all will fight bravely. But to what end? Will we all survive?

Linriel urged Meldir forward until she reached Ella's side. "Ella. even though we will face much peril, I am glad we are here together."

[Edited on 01/17/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thirinlass made ready to depart. He gathered up his arrows and scavenged a few more for the others to use. Aiden was understandably troubled, yet Thurinlass was confident. He had hope that even with these few this errand could be successful. No doubt the Naugrim will need to be taught a few lessons in stealth, and perhaps Aiden as well but he believed that this was not entirely impossible. Soon he would suggest a passage into Mordor that he knew of, around to the East. There lied a small cleft in the mountains where, after a considerable amount of climbing, the company could rest and then enter the black land.

Thurinlass shook himself from thought and mounted his horse. He rode in the rear of Ella and Linriel. He seemed to sense doubt within Linriel. He wished to have a word with her, but waited for she was already conversing with Ella.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was beginning to talk to Ella, but instead, she looked back at Thurinlass. His silver grey eyes seemed to pierce her thoughts. Excusing herself from Ella, she turned Meldir and rode next to Thurinlass.

"Herunya, I fear for the safety of this company. There are so few of us and not all have faced battle. It is good to have you with us." Linriel looked at the lordly elf, knowing he would fight with all he had if trouble arises as they go to find Iellwen.

[Edited on 01/20/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass smiled a bit, but not all that much, "Yes, it will be a long road full of trouble and danger. In fact it will be a very long road for we must make for the eastern cliffs of Mordor, but I have faith that the heart, more so than the blade, of all the company members is sharp, and truer that any of my arrows. It is not blades that defeat enemies, it is heart." He said to her. It seemed that she need to learn this more than any others.

A few moments later, which were passed simply by Thurinlass staring, enchanted, into Linriel's eyes, a rider came crashing through the brush. He was arrayed in Noldorin armor! This told Thurinlass immediately both why he was here, and from whence he came. "Say it is not so!" Thurinlass exclaimed, grief and fear in his voice. The Noldor sat tall of his great war-stead and announced in a commanding voice, "Thurinlass, who is called Eruion: You have been summoned by Lord Elrond under the oath Sworn to Mithrandir that you would faithfully deliver tidings of great importance between the lords of Elves, men and Dwarves." The rider tossed a satchel to the ground and said, "To Erebor with these, Lord Elrond Has bidden me to tell you that these are of the utmost importance and that you must not delay." Before Thurinlass could protest the rider had turned to go.

Thurinlass stared at the satchel on the ground, an expression of grief scarring his face. He was speechless for a long while then he slowly stooped down and took up the orders. "I..." He paused for a considerable amount of time here, "I must go..." He said trailing off. He opened and read the message, it was indeed important. He looked to Linriel, "I am so so sorry Herinya." He said. Then turning to the whole company he said again, "I am so so sorry to all of you! Ai ai! All of the grief and sorrow of our kind be upon me if ever again I swear an oath! Ai!" Thurinlass nearly wept. He composed himself once again then looked at Ella, "Lead them safely, let not this be an errand gone afoul." Then he looked at Adonnenniel, "Safety be with you!" He cried, "May your house be made whole once again." Then Aiden, "May love enter your life once more! May you hold Iellwen's hand in your once again." Then the twins, "May you live to be as old as I am! And may you make a home for all mice who need it!" Lastly he turned to Fili. He moved his horse over to him and looked him square in the eye, "Never have I had love for the Naugrim." he said bluntly. Then he placed his hand in Fili's shoulder, "May you one day not be the head of a battle, but the head of a house my friend." He said, "Eru bless Aule." He added.

Thurinlass turned Isilme towards the north, "I cannot delay any longer. Sí man i yulma nin enquantuva? Namárië!" He shouted then he galloped away, but as he left sight of the company, Thurinlass began to weep bitterly.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was frozen, too stunned to speak. He is leaving! Thurinlass is leaving! She had not the chance to speak to him before he urged Isilme into a gallop and sped off towards the north.

She watched him as he rode out of sight, tears streaming from her eyes. This cannot be! This cannot be! What will we do without him? What will I do without him?

"Nire tule i lumesse autielyo. Nai i Valar nauvar as elye. Namarie." she whispered. But he did not hear her.

[Edited on 01/20/2014 by Lindarielwen]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel stood frozen in shock. She was looking to Thurinlass for support, and he was leaving! Her confidence, e Ed fragile, was shaken even as she could not believe what she was hearing. She raised her hand as he rode away but her voice was gone. Would she ever see him again?
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
No one spoke as Thurinlass rode away. Tears flowed freely from Linriel's turquoise eyes. Eyes that beheld the gaze of Thurinlass before he was called away. His wonderful silver grey eyes.

He is gone. Simply gone. On an errand he would not, could not refuse.

Linriel knew Thurinlass swore an oath to faithfully deliver messages of great importance. But he also swore to let no harm come to me. But she was only one person and Thurinlass must serve the greater good.

He spoke to me of heart in battle being more powerful than that of a blade. But now, I have no heart.

She slid off Meldir's back and turned to face the others.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri was unsurprised that Thurinlass had left. With such a large group of people, it had been almost certain that one of them would not be coming. Also, Thurinlass seemed bound to different things, the oaths and rules of people from long ago. She was sad that he was not going to be accompanying them, but also glad. They were unlikely to come back to tread these same paths ever again, and if Thurinlass' oath saved him from sharing their fate, it was no bad thing.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked at all their faces, one by one. A boy. Two young Elven cousins. A lovely Elf with no real experience in battle. Two warriors, one Elf, one Dwarf, who have faced orcs and would not hesitate to draw their blades against evil.

"So, now we have lost one who would have been of great help in getting Iellwen back. And of course, we do not know if she wants to come back. Remember, she left of her own free will. You all know, it is I that did not wish to go after Iellwen." She looked with sorrowful eyes at Adonnenniel. "And once again, I am not sure if I will go. If you wish, go on ahead of me. I am staying here for a while. If I decide to join you, it will not take me long to catch up." Sadness filled her heart as she looked at Ella and gave a nod.

With that said, Linriel took Meldir's reins and walked into the forest.

[Edited on 01/22/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
Fangorn's edge got closer and closer as the hours passed by. Stories of old had been told of Fangorn and deep fascination the elf had for trees and forests. Not only did he love nature but for an unknown reason he felt he had to go there. At Fangorn he knew that his journey would take an unexpected turn.

The sun was shining bright and from a moment to the next the white wolf took off. She looked agile as she sprinted and all seemed to stand still for a second as the elf admired her life long friend. He deeply loved her and would do anything to protect her. Faithful she had always been and he would trust her no matter the situation. At times she would go off on a small adventure of her own but he knew she would always come back.

Fangorn was now only a two hours away and the elf hummed as he walked and listened to the wind whistle in his ears.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I've found. I found it is the small things. Every day deeds by ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay." - Gandalf
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel walked deeper into the forest. She needed to think and make decisions. She grew weary of fighting but mostly of searching. Fifty years of searching for Bildarion returned nothing to her. Nothing? It was when she met Thurinlass. She thought of the first time they met, over songs in Lorien. She was sitting at a fire with Ella and Fili. They were singing. Thurinlass joined in. His rich voice filling the night air with song. Then Bildarion...ah, no matter. Nothing mattered much now. She walked on a bit more and found a tree root to sit upon.

Everything seemed to fill her mind at the same time. Her parents leaving. Living in Lorien for 500 or so years. Learning to fight. Learning to hunt. Bildarion's disappearence. Searching. Searching. Meeting the others at the Inn. Fighting. Thurinlass. More fighting. Iellwen. Leaving. Leaving. Always leaving. Overwhelmed, she buried her face in her hands. Her turquoise eyes streamed many tears. Her moonlight coloured hair spilled over her. She did not know how long she cried but suddenly she felt something cold against her hands. Something pushing against her. Opening her eyes, she found herself staring into astonishing blue eyes! But the eyes were not that of a person. She was staring into the face of the most beautiful wolf she had ever seen! Blue eyes! White fur! Her tears stopped and she spoke in Elvish to the lovely creature.

"Mana nalye? Mana caral sinome? "Who are you?" What are you doing here?"

The wolf pushed it's nose against her again and she began to laugh. "Want to play do you?" Linriel rubbed her hands in the deep, soft fur of the wolf. The wolf responded with a soft yip. backed up and yipped again. This time Linriel stood up and the animal raised it's front paws and jumped on Linriel, knocking her down. Linriel felt the wolf's breath on her face but she had no fear of the creature. Laughing again, she wrapped her arms around the wolf and the two of them rolled on the ground. One laughing, the other yipping and licking the Elf's face.

[Edited on 01/23/2014 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri was sad that Linriel also seemed to have left them. Losing her lover must have been hard for her. Sometimes, she thought, it is easier to keep searching, so you don't have to fail in your quest. The journey is better than the ending.

She wished the quest would last forever, and if it did not, she would go wandering her whole life, never settling, never wanting to stop, never wanting to give up that life. People always seem to want more, and often it is easier to hope and go for your goals but never achieve them, because it is never satisfying.

Meri located the tallest tree in the clearing, and began to climb, up into the open air where the wind sang tunes and the birds flew free.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
For the first time, in a long time, Linriel forgot how weary she was. She forgot how her heart had been broken by those she loved: her parents, Bildarion, and most recently, most recently.....she shook her head. It was just a stare by silver grey eyes, nothing more.

Her thoughts were broken by a cold nose pressing against her face as she lay on the ground. She laughed out loud. "Ah, wolf you still want to play?" She wrapped her hands in the wolf's fur and the two rolled in the dry crackling leaves. The wolf yipped and licked her face and she laughed and licked the wolf right back on it's nose. The wolf gave a small nip to Linriel's hand and the elf laughed and took the wolf's paws in her hands. "Such mightly paws you have, wolf."

Linriel got to her feet and clapped her hands and the wolf ran to jump on her but Linriel dodged and the wolf ran past her. Spinning around to face the wolf Linriel clapped her hands again. "Come on! Come on, wolf!" This time, the wolf jumped and pounced on Linriel, knocking her once again to the ground. There was laughter and yipping and the dry leaves crunched as elf and wolf rolled and played on the ground. Linriel's laughter rang through the air. The wolf yipped and barked and the sound carried deep into the woods.
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
Fangorn had a spirit of its own. Some of the trees emanated bitterness and anger while others revealed hopelessness and sadness. There were very few spots where the sun would flirt down to the ground. In those areas the trees welcomed the sun not only for them but for others who lived by their great roots. There the air would be fresh and sweet and animals and plants teemed with life. As soon as the elf had entered the forest a great respect and love for these woods grew in his heart though not any trees would ever surpass those of Lorien.
Her companions tracks led deep into the wood and as he followed her trail the air felt heavy with sorrow. This reminded him of the time he left his family to face new adventures. He’s father was not very pleased. It was his mother that showed most of the support. She knew he was still young but that the wild was deep in his heart. It was a sad parting for he had always had someone to watch his back when hunting was needed or when orcs need to be disposed of.
When he woke from his reminiscence he heard some ruffling of leaves and it was right where his wolf’s tracks led. Quietly he knelt and took out his bow and arrow. The atmosphere of the forest didn’t help his perception of the situation but knew there was someone else with his wolf and he was not going to take chances. If he had to take action, he was ready for it. This would be the first time he would use the bow that was given to him by the Lady Galadriel and it felt like part of him. Whoever was messing with his wolf would have the fullness of his wrath. He focused on his breathing to get a perfect shot. When he was ready he leaped into the air to slay whoever was harming his wolf but he got a surprise when he found who was in front of him.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I've found. I found it is the small things. Every day deeds by ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay." - Gandalf
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass gone, and now Linriel. Adonnenniel felt so alone, bewildered, and helpless. She wasn't even familiar with the area where they now were. Her neice was getting farther and farther away from her every moment, but there was nothing she could do about it now. She looked at the sword she had with her. What good would that really do? She would not last five minutes in a serious fight.

For several minutes she simply stared out into the distance, as if wishing would bring them back. How many ups and downs had she had since this adventure began? How many crises had she survived? Far too many to bother keeping track, except that they had taken a tole on her. A weariness had crept into her, slowly eating away at her endurance and her hope, weighing her down in body and spirit. She felt like she stood on the edge. The impossibility of her quest to save Iellwen stared her straight in the face. It drained everything she had left. She was too tired to make a new plan, too tired to take another step, too tired to cry. And the world was shifting and grass brushed her face, and she didn't care how it came to be there.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled as the wolf lay upon her, it's great paws held fast against her shoulders. She looked at the wolf's blue eyes and wondered from where the wolf came. How she loved wolves! She marvelled at their beauty. The wolf's soft fur felt good in her hands. But this wolf was different. It did not seem so wild. It was more like a companion. Linriel yipped at the wolf and the wolf responded with a yip of it's own. She started to reach her arms up to embrace the wolf but the sound of a branch breaking caused her to turn her head.

There before her, an Elf appeared and his face was not friendly. His bow was drawn and his arrow was nocked. Linriel became afraid for the wolf so she jumped up and raised her arms.

"No wrong is being done here! Lower your bow!"

The wolf barked a warning but it was too late.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
An arrow whistled past Beri's ear, and she turned round, scowling to see her cousin with an apologetic look on her face. Meri had obviously been practicing archery. Good, she thought. We could all do with some practice.

But there was still the matter of finding safe accommodation for her mice. She did not think there would be many people in Fangorn, and those that there were would surely be of dark heart and mind. She would have to search further, but she was reluctant to leave, even if everyone knew she was coming back. Too many had left already. Also, it was not wise to travel alone.

Suddenly she began to fear for Linriel. Thurinlass would be fine, hurrying off on his errand, but Linriel would be wandering the woods, and that is always far more dangerous. Perhaps she should check she was alright. But then what? She would either have to force Linriel to come with them, or find a traveling companion for her, and she did not think the honourable elf would thank her for either.
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
It was too late. The other Elf's cry echoed throught the woods in vain...the arrow was set on its course and there was nothing to stop it.

Many things happened at that moment. The Elf saw the plead in his wolf's blue eyes, desperately screaming "What are you doing!" He knew that his action was folly. Not only did his lifelong friend speak to him through her eyes but he knew what she was about to do. He understood that it was too late to stop her and with that she leaped into the air and took his arrow on her shoulder, falling with a painful yelp towards the ground.

The others Elf's features remained as calm as those of a seasoned warrior. Her eyes were set on the arrow, knowing that it was not a kill shot but an impaling one. One that would hurt whoever the arrow was meant for. Yet she stood unmovable, ready to take it...when out of the corner of her eye she saw her new found friend leap into the air and take the arrow on her shoulder.

The fall knocked the wolf's air out of her lungs and her blue eyes faced a black storm that would seem to crawl deeper and deeper into her vision. Both elves knelt immediately by the white wolf focusing on her precarious situation.

"Isil!" the Elf cried with tears in his dark grey eyes. "Open you eyes...hear my voice...Avo 'osto!" On he went speaking in elvish words of comfort and peace. The other Elf seemed to be doing the same but her words were of healing and restoration..."Á tulta tuolya!"

With these words of power a new air, as if sent by the Lord of the Valar filled Isil's lungs and she lay still as the arrow sent streams of pain throughout her body.

Even though Isil was not yet well the Elf sighed in relief and looked up into the other Elf's eyes and said "Le hannon. I will ask one more act of kindness although I have not done so to you. Please help me remove this arrow from her. My healing skills are not very advanced but if you can not help me...Man eneth lin? For I will be ever in your debt for what you have done already and your name shall be remembered by Isil and myself in song and poem. Aragil I eneth nin and Isil is that of my wolf's. We humbly ask for your aid."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel's turquoise eyes flashed in anger at this newcomer but she knew now was not the time to argue. She must tend to the wounded animal who jumped in front of an arrow to save her life. Looking at the arrow, she saw that it pierced the wolf deeply but was not life threatening. "Of course I will help you." she said angrily. "What were you thinking....." Linriel's voice trailed off. Now is not the time.

She spoke softly to the wolf. "A lasta! Haryal uruva fea. Anin anta estelya. Ava ruce." "Listen! You have a fiery spirit. Give your trust to me. Fear not."

Drawing her dagger, Linriel made a small incision next to the arrow's shaft where it pierced the wolf's skin. The wolf gave a low growl. "Shhhh, dear wolf." She put her finger in the wound and followed the shaft down to the arrowhead. "The arrow is lodged in the muscle, it should not be difficult to remove." she told the Elf. She looked into his eyes and saw worry and fear. Fear for what seemed to be his animal companion. Linriel began to pull the arrow out and the wolf gave a small yip of pain. "Ani apsene." she whispered. Forgive me. Moments later the arrow was out and she withdrew her finger from the wound.

"Quickly, bring me my pack." she said to the Elf. When she had the pack, Linriel found the healing herbs she always carried. She chewed a bit of athelas and placed it on the wolf's wound. "There is nothing more I can do. I think she will heal in due time."

She stood up as the Elf dropped to the ground next to the wolf. He held her head in his lap and wept. Linriel suddenly was too weary to argue with the Elf. Too weary to think beyond the choices she must soon make. She sat on the ground next to him. "She is very beautiful. You call her Isil. She indeed is the colour of the Moon on a cloudless night." The Elf looked up at Linriel, his dark grey eyes were filled with gratitude. "Essenya, Linriel." she told him. "You are Aragil. How did you come to be in these woods?"

Before Aragil had a chance to answer, she took a long hard look at the bow Aragil carried and sprang to her feet as she drew her dagger. "Your bow! It is a bow of the Galadhrim! How did you come to have this weapon? The Lady Galadriel does not give this bow to anyone without just cause! Have you stolen it?"

Linriel stood and glared at Aragil, her dagger at the ready.

[Edited on 01/28/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
Aragil followed the Elf's instructions for he knew that Isil´s life depended on her skills. He couldn´t stand to watch his best friend in such suffering, especially since it was caused by his foolishness. He knew that Linriel would have something to say of what had just happened when all would was over; her eyes spoke what was in her heart but she had shown restraint, which showed her wisdom. Linriel knew what she was doing, Aragil could see that clearly and he was thankful for it. He asked Manwë to send a fresh air to such a stagnant forest but no answer came. Dreadful was the moment to Aragil for hope was fading but then Linriel stood up and Isil´s wound was bound and faith for her health kindled in his heart. His sight was blurry for a moment and he seemed to choke but then relief came when he held her in his lap and her breath and heart beat became steady.

Linriel spoke and before he had a chance to answer her question Aragil saw her with a dagger in her hand. This was exactly what he needed, more problems, especially since Isil lay wounded. His first reaction was to grab his sword and as he was about to slash it out from its scabbard he felt a chill wind cool his heart. Once already his action had proven folly, he wouldn´t repeat it twice. “Those who would dare steal what the Lady freely gives but to few ought to be punished with death. This was a gift from her before we left Lorien. You have done me a great favor which I will undoubtedly repay but heed your words for what happens next depends on you.”
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel saw the grim determination in Aragil's dark grey eyes. Even though he was on the ground with his injured wolf, he was still bold enough to challenge her! For a brief moment, her hand tightened on her weapon. But his words caused her dagger to slip from her hand and fall onto the forest floor. "Lorien? You have been to Lorien? That is my home." she whispered.

Her eyes filled with tears and she turned away. How she longed to go home, to the land she loved. Lorien! Her brief visit there several months ago made her want to stop wandering, to stop fighting. She was tired of it all and now before her is this Elf, one who has met Galadriel and has received a weapon only given to those who have committed a deed of great renown.

She looked on the ground and saw her dagger. Weariness overcame her as she bent to pick it up. Her mind was clouded with shadows and before Linriel had a chance to speak to Aragil, she collapsed on the ground before him.

[Edited on 02/14/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
Everything held still for a second. The trees stopped their swaying, the leaves their rustling, and even their breaths held still. When Aragil saw Linriel drop her knife as a soft wind hit her face and memories flowed in from times of a greater bliss. Her hair danced with the wind and her face leaned towards to ground longing for peace that seemed long forgotten. She then turned her face and bent down to pick up her knife but before Aragil could react she had fainted to the ground.

Isil gave a whimper when she saw that Linriel had fallen to the ground. Aragil didn't understand how Isil had created such a bond with Linriel for she didn't make friendships hastily. Few where the Elves and Men that Isil gave true friendship too.

Arien was going down and soon light would be given by Tilion the beautiful. Aragil had to make most of the light and prepare for nightfall. He stood up and walked to the place where Linriel had fallen. Her face was drained. She needed rest that was clear to Aragil. He picked her up between his arms and laid her close to Isil so as to form a triangle between the three of them and so in a few moments make the fire in the middle. He then brought her horse to where he was about to make camp and took off Linriel's pack and laid it beneath her head. Then he and took her blanket and placed it on her so that she would remain warm. Aragil hadn’t done that in a while, not since he had gone on small adventures with his younger sister, but that had been a long time ago, so he tried his best to leave her on a comfortable spot. Now he needed to make a fire. Thankfully there was tinder and kindling close by to make a fire. Aragil walked along and picked up what he needed to create the fire.

The sun was sending his last streaks of light. Taking that into account he knelt and lighted the fire easily enough since all the materials he collected where dry. Once he had placed the bigger pieces of wood he went to his traveling pack which he had left close to Isil and took out some fruit he had brought along from Lorien, as well as a wineskin. Aragil placed his food by tree where he would keep watch but before sitting down he went to Isil and knelt by her side and gave some dry meat which she thankfully ate. “Sleep well Isil. Get your strength back. I am glad you are here with me.” He gave her soft hug and then stood up to let her rest. Then he walked over to Linriel who seemed deep in her dreams and so Aragil let her be. “Be in peace. Forgive me if I have caused you hurt or grief. Losto vae.” he said in elfish and then went to the tree that was some steps from the fire.

He knew that he would soon need to go forage and hunt for he was running low on food. He took out his pipe and filled it with some old Toby, a habit that a hobbit had taught him back in his younger days. He could see the stars through the gap that they were so fortunate to be on. And so he began to sing of a time long ago when the Valar were creating Arda and the world was young.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel began to dream.

The young Elf child ran barefoot along the edge of the sea, her feet making tiny prints in the sand. Her moonlight coloured hair streamed out behind her and her laughter sounded like little bells... soothing and joyful. Her parents sat in the sand and watched their daughter as she ran and gathered shells. The child laughed with delight as the waves licked her feet and the sand swirled around her toes. It was a happy time. A time for parents and child to be together. A time that shall never be forgotten until the passing of the ages.

How the Elf maid loved Lorien! Her mother was a friend to Galadriel and often took her daughter with her when she went to visit. The maid climbed the highest trees and looked far beyond the Golden Wood. She would sit amongst the boughs as she played her harp and sang. Her voice was that of a nightingale...soft and clear and hauntingly beautiful. The sound of her singing rang through the trees.

They rode in silence to the Grey Havens. Her parents had made up their minds. No amount of crying would convince them to stay and no amount of pleading would convince her to go. It was not a joyous parting. She could not help but feel her parents were abandoning her. Tears fell freely from her eyes as she watched the ship until it was beyond her sight. She turned her horse towards Lorien where she would stay for the next 500 years. She found Galadriel waiting for her, holding out her arms. She ran to the Lady and cried until her tears were spent.

Orcs! Orcs everywhere! Big, ugly brutish creatures, killing everything in their path. She was not afraid as she held her sword with two hands high above her head. Her sword came down again and again. Her horse, Meldir, was sound of foot as she guided him along. She showed the orcs no mercy as they would show none to her if she faltered. Her horse reared up suddenly as an orc appeared in front of him. Caught unaware, she fell off his back and landed on her face upon the hard ground. She pulled herself up as an orc came behind her and raised his axe.

Linriel stirred restlessly as the dream invaded her sleep and she cried out.
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
Tilion sailed the skies and the stars soared in the expanse and all seemed to be quite as the hours of the night went by. Aragil felt the chill air hit his fair skin which he loved to feel as much as the morning sun at the waking of every day. He wasn't cold for the fire offered him enough warmth but it was dying out and so Aragil stood to give it some life. We he approached the fire he first checked on Isil and Linriel. Isil looked fine as she slept but Linriel looked troubled in her dreams. A tear fell from her left eye and it rolled slowly down her cheek and into the ground. Aragil knelt by her side and said "No I Melain na le," but she was too absorbed in her dream. No matter what he said, he could not draw her from the paths that her mind had taken her too. She had to fight the battle of the mind for herself until she would wake. Aragil hoped that her strength wouldn't falter, he knew she was not easily daunted, she had to endure and fight with her haunting dreams for a while yet.

The Elf didn't know what her past was but he knew there was pain and there was time yet for healing to come. Aragil asked the Vala Lorien and the Valië Estë to aid Linriel for he knew they could help restore her dreams and grant her healing from her hurts, but there would came an appointed time for that moment to come. The fire was was almost in embers by that moment and the heat could be barely felt, he knew the warmth would help her so Aragil stood from Linriel's side to pick up some wood. When he had four decent pieces of wood he suddenly heard a scream that echoed in all directions. Aragil didn't think of it twice. He sprinted straight to Linriel for he knew that it had been her. The reason for the scream...he didn't now, but he rushed instinctively to the camp. When he got there, he threw the logs to the ground where they wouldn't hurt Linriel or Isil. His wolf had to be deep in her dreams for she did not even stir from the loud cry.

Linriel opened her eyes and she had a sweaty and pale forehead as if she had fought with enemies that outnumbered her left and right. Aragil looked her straight into her turquoise eyes that reminded him of the beautiful sea on the western shores and said, "Anírach I dulu nín?"

[Edited on 02/15/2014 by Erwedraith]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel cried out in her dream and it caused her to awaken. Tears were streaming from her eyes as she opened them but it was not an orc she beheld. She looked into the dark grey eyes of Aragil as he talked gently to her, asking if she wanted his help. It took her a moment to realize she was not in any danger.

"It seems you have already helped me." she answered. "I am safe and I am not where I fell. You have covered me and made sure I was warm. You have been kind to me even though I have not given you the same courtesy." Linriel sat up as she continued. "Forgive my foolishness. I drew my weapon against you without just cause. It is simply...it is simply that fighting seems to be a way of life for me now. I have been alone in the wild for some 50 years and orcs and goblins and all other evil creatures have crossed my path. I have learned not to be very trusting."

Linriel smiled at Aragil. "I lived in Lorien for half my life and Galadriel was like a mother to me after my own parents left for the West. It was in Lorien that I was taught to use weapons and how to hunt. It was in Lorien that I learned the skills of the Galadhrim. That is why when I saw your bow, I ..." She bowed her head and paused. "Please forgive me," she finished.

She layed back down and closed her eyes. Nightbirds sang in the trees and crickets chirped their happy tune in the bushes. Meldir was nearby eating grass and Isil was sleeping as she recovered from her injury. Linriel felt the warmth of the fire and knew Aragil was close by, keeping watch. For the first time, in a very long time, Linriel felt safe enough to sleep, simply sleep, without fear.

When Linriel awoke hours later Tilion was almost at moonset. A slight breeze was in the air and she smelled the sweet scent of Old Toby. The fire was still burning and Aragil was silhouetted against a tree, smoking and singing softly. Linriel arose, walked over to him, and added her voice to his song.

[Edited on 02/17/2014 by Lindarielwen]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri was sitting on one of the lower branches of a willow tree beside a small stream a little way away from the others. The wind blew through the leaves and through her hair alike, so that they seemed to be as one. The moon was slipping down the sky, but the stars still shone out brightly, only occasionally hidden by wisps of cloud. Her blue eyes sparkled grey in the early morning light.

Her mice were curled up in one of the hollows of the tree, pressed against each other for comfort as much as for warmth. She hadn't been sleeping well recently, due to the toils of the journey and her worries for her friends, but now she was enshrouded by peace, and Sleep wrapped her in its arms, while the scent of the willow and the sighing of the stream soothed her childlike mind.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The two Elves blended their voices together...one voice soft and strong, the other voice soft and gentle. A zephyr wind was blowing and the leaves added their own melody as Linriel and Aragil sang until the first light of dawn broke above the horizon. They sang as they watched Tilion, along with Earendil, glide across the morning sky. They sang as Arien began to climb into the Heavens, following Tilion and Earendil as they made their journey beyond the confines of the world. They sang as the fire burned low and tinder sent a wonderful fragrance into the air. They sang as the birds awakened and added their chirping to the perfectly matched voices of the Elves who no longer seemed as strangers but now as fast friends. They sang until they could sing no more and both stood quietly as the breezes made a song of their own as a new day began.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Ella had tended to Adonnenniel, speaking words of comfort and doing what else she could to help her friend, but now Ella was asleep, so Meri went to keep her company. She chewed her lip awkwardly as she eased herself onto the forest floor. She had not spoken to Adonnenniel much, and she still felt shy around the honourable elf.

"The stars shine on us tonight," she said quietly. "For now there is peace for us, and worrying will not avail us. The fates of others are in hands stronger than our own. We can do what we will, but it is not for us to choose our destinies." She knew that Adonnenniel would be worrying about Iellwen. "Tomorrow we will walk paths unknown to us, but we will always walk under the same sky, the same sky your kin sleeps beneath."
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel looked at Meri almost expressionless. She could not imagine feeling more exhausted than she felt now. Meri's words were wise. She looked at the stars, they were the same as always, reminding her how small she was in the world. Did Iellwen still see the stars? Could she walk paths unknown again? A few tears ran down her face. She reached out to Meri, her eyes begging Meri to hold her as she began to sob uncontrollably.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri saw the hopelessness in Adonnenniel's eyes, the pleading for something she could not give, like a child wanting to believe that they were safe if only they shut the door and hid under the blankets. As she took her hand, she felt very old, as if Adonnenniel was the child and not her. Then she realised that no one ever truly loses what it is to be a child, and the most world-weary can long to play and trust and believe like a child. This thought brought relief to her. She would not have to grow up and lose herself. She would not suddenly become someone else. There wold be times when she would make the mistakes of the young, and need the comfort they need.

As she took the elf in her arms and watched the first shimmerings of light on the horizon, she knew that the silence was worth a thousand words.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel gratefully melted into Meri's embrase. She wept for some time, till her tears washed the tension from her body and she fell asleep. For a time at least, her sorrows were forgotten.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Aragil and Linriel stood without a sound as the forest began to awaken. The trees of Fanghorn did not seem so menacing now, as if the singing of the Elves somehow soothed them.

A soft "yip" from Isil brought Aragil and Linriel out of their reverie. Linriel hurried to the wolf's side and saw fresh blood on the animal's bandage. She spoke to Aragil, "You must get Isil to Lorien, and quickly, but I cannot go with you." She briefly told Aragil about Iellwen and the girl's leaving for Mordor. "I must hurry to the camp and prepare to go with the others to bring the girl back. I am sorry and I wish you and your wolf well." Linriel looked at Aragil with sadness in her eyes. She had so much to ask him.

Linriel began to lead Meldir out of the forest when suddenly she heard the sound of racing hoof-beats. She looked up and was surprised to see an Elf of the Galadhrim before her. The Elf remained on his horse as he said to Linriel, "I bring tidings from the Lady Galadriel to you, Linriel. The Lady commands that you return at once to Lorien." Linriel hesitated before she said, "Lorien? But why? I cannot go back. I am on my way with my companions to Mordor. We are going to retrieve a girl who..." The Elf broke in. "Mordor? You have no need to go to Mordor if it is the human girl you are seeking. I have seen this girl as I have searched for you. The girl is not being harmed. She is somehow leading a band of Orcs as they make their way to The Dark Lord. If anyone is in jeopardy, it is the Orcs."

Linriel stared wide-eyed as the Elf told her this tale. She never wanted to go after Iellwen. She always felt the girl meant to go to Mordor and now this Elf has proven her right. "I must return to the camp and tell these tidings to my companions. I will leave forthwith to Lorien when I am finished." With a brief glance at Aragil, the Elf nodded at Linriel and spurred his horse away.

Linriel watched the Elf leave before she hurried to Aragil. "You have heard what has been said. Now we can leave for Lorien together." Linriel was breathless with excitement. "I shall return. Wait for me here. Prepare Isil the best you can."

Linriel made her way to the camp. She noticed everyone was quiet and Adonnenniel seemed to be resting with Meri. All turned to her as she arrived. "My friends, I must return to my homeland but I have news of Iellwen brought to me by a messenger from Lorien." She quickly told the others what she knew of Iellwen. "The girl is with a small band of Orcs and it seems she is leading them. She is not being harmed in any way. Iellwen is doing exactly what she wants to do. She is fine and is on the way to Mordor."

All were silent as they listened to Linriel. All except Adien. "Lies! Lies!" the boy screamed. "I will still go after her. I will not forsake her." Linriel answered, "You must do what is in your heart. I hope you find what you are seeking."

She looked at the others. "The rest of you can decide what road to follow. As for me, I must leave for Lorien." She spoke briefly to each member of the company, lastly to Ella. "It has been an honour to fight beside you. May the Valar guide you on your way. Perhaps our paths shall cross again."

After smiling at all of them one last time, Linriel turned away, eager to begin her journey to Lorien. She ran back through the trees to Aragil and Isil.

[Edited on 03/01/2014 by Lindarielwen]
<< First2425262728Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email