Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2526272829Last >>
Author Topic:
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel stirred as Linriel returned to the camp. She was disoriented at first, then remembered what had happened. Linriel spoke of Iellwen, but what she said did not make sense to Adonnenniel, except that it seemed even more clear that her neice was gone. She was still trying to understand what all this meant when Linriel left again, heading back to Lorien. What now? She had no where to go, she would follow whoever wanted her.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen was unsure of what to do. She was weary of the seemingly futile quest, but she still felt she had a duty to Iellwen, and also to her traveling companions. She glanced down at Adonnenniel and saw her own uncertainty in her expression.
"There is little more we can do for her." she said apologetically. "We never had much of a plan anyway. I- I think I will go with Linriel to Lothlorien. Ella seems to want to keep searching, and I am sure she would welcome your company, but I think you should come with us. We are all tired from the journey, and I think some rest would do you some good. It would do all of us some good."

She walked over to Ella, and bowed her head out of respect. "I will be going with Linriel. I am sorry for this parting, but I believe there is nothing more we can do. I wish you luck in your search, and whatever may follow. I also offer you the gift of my wolf skin, to use as a blanket or a cloak or whatever you will. May it serve you well." She bowed her head again as Ella took the wolf skin. Ella did not speak, but when she lifted her head, she saw her appreciative smile and her nod of thanks.

Beriadanwen had heard Linriel speaking from where she sat in the highest branches of the willow tree, and found that whatever silent promises had held her to their path, she was bound no longer. She would follow Linriel and the other elf back to Lothlorien, then perhaps visit Moria again.

She landed lightly on the damp earth beside the stream, and ran joyfully towards them, then skidded to a halt as she noticed that more were making the journey than just the two elves.

"Ci bain in elin..." You are as beautiful as the stars.
And the stars seemed to shine on that fair fur, even though the sun was now greeting the sky.

The wolf must have heard her, for it flicked its ears in her direction and turned its muzzle towards her. The strange elf turned too, and suddenly she found she was unsure of what to say.

[Edited on 03/01/2014 by wolfbladequeen]
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel nodded to Meri, she was right, returning to Lothlorien was the only thing she could do now. She slowly gathered her things together, hoping this journey would not take too long, for she no longer knew where she was or how far it was from there.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel ran into the woods, eager to return to Lorien. Now she could travel with Aragil and she looked forward to hearing the tale as to how he acquired the bow from Galadriel. Galadriel! What has happened that I have been called to Lorien? I will find out soon.

The leaves crackled under her feet as she ran and Aragil turned his head as she approached. He was making a sled and smiled, "You have come back! How did your companions take the news of the human girl?" Linriel shrugged. "One called it lies and plans to still go after the girl. The others, I am not sure what they will do. I told them I had to return to Lorien and ran back here as quickly as I could."

She noticed the sled Aragil was making for Isil because the wolf could not walk. "It is a good thing to devise a sled for Isil. We can take turns pulling it and we can also attach it to Meldir for he is strong." She laughed. "Maybe I will get a saddle when we get to Lorien. I have ridden a long time without a saddle." Aragil also laughed. "Maybe I will get a horse when we get to Lorien. I have walked a long time without a horse." The two Elves laughed and the sound seemed strange in Fanghorn.

Meldir stamped his foot and Isil gave a small yip as a soft wind blew the dried leaves in circles around the trees. Aragil noticed that Isil's ears moved towards the woods so he turned and was surprised to see three Elves walking towards them. Linriel followed Aragil's gaze. "Merilwen, Adonnenniel, Beriadenwen, you have decided to join us!" Linriel exclaimed. She noticed Adien, Ella and Fili were not with them but she said nothing. She felt happy as she smiled at the Elves. "Come! Meet Aragil and Isil!"

[Edited on 03/02/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel, Meri and Beri mounted their horses and rode off after Linriel into the forest. As the trees surrounded them, Adonnenniel could feel them watching her. She meant no harm, and wondered what they feared, she had not the strength to harm anything now.

When they found Linriel she greeted them with a smile and introduced her new friends. Her eyes met those of the injured wolf and she approached the animal slowly and sat down next to her.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri smiled at Linriel, and inclined her head towards Aragil. She stared wondrously at the wolf. She was awed to be so near such a beautiful creature, but she was afraid. She had carried the skin of a wolf with her for the journey, and although she had given it to Ella, she was afraid that Isil would smell it on her and distrust her, or perhaps take revenge. Meri dismissed this thought; the wolf seemed to be a noble creature, and while she might not trust her or want to be around her, she was unlikely to be violent. Also, she was injured. Meri decided to forget her fears, and perhaps make a peace offering later.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Aragil was smiling at the newcomers but Linriel knew he was worried about Isil. The wolf would recover but did need some help from the healers of Lorien. She went to Aragil. "We will be leaving before the next sunrise. We must eat and sleep before we begin. Isil will be fine." His dark grey eyes looked at her. "Hantanyel, Herinya, for all your help." he said. "Her wound is, indeed, unfortunate, but perhaps a lesson was learned." she answered. Aragil just nodded.

Linriel said to her friends. "We will leave before the sun comes up in the morning. Meanwhile, let us prepare to eat and get a good rest." Meri and Beri would eagerly make the journey but she turned to Adonnenniel who had a forlorn look on her face. Linriel went to her. "Do not be troubled by your decision to come with us. I know you are concerned about Iellwen and I cannot give you much comfort. Iellwen is on a journey of her own. A journey she decided to make long before it came to pass that she is your niece. You must trust that she will one day come back to you."

Isil gave a small yip and Linriel went to her and whispered, "Haryal uruva fea. Anin anta estelya." You have a fiery spirit. Give your trust to me.

Aragil went to the fire with a freshly caught rabbit. It was not long before the scent of roasted meat filled the air. They all made ready to enjoy a good meal before leaving for Lorien at daybreak.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
The sound of music had given Aragil peace in his heart and mind. Though desparing thoughts had filled his mind concerning Isil, he felt his thoughts renewed. Soon he would be in Lorien and Isil would run again free as the wind high in the skies. The rider from Lorien had startled him, especially the message he gave to Linriel had surprised him. Lady Galadriel had sent for her and this made Aragil curious. For the White Lady to summon anyone beyond her realm was of great importance.

Aragil was glad Linriel would be his companion to Lorien. He thought it wise to go to her other companions and let them know what was the new situation. He hoped they would not feel offended, for the time they seemed to be together on their previous journey had been great, and it is not easy to part when friendships have been rooted.

While Linriel left, Aragil went to Isil and gave her hug as she lay on the ground. His heart ached to see Isil not being able to run where she pleased. He knew their fates were tied together. Aragil thought of Huan the Hound of Valinor and how he had loved Beren and Luthien and how he had sacrificed so much for them. He knew this love was in both Isil and Aragil. With that in mind he started to build sled. He had always enjoyed wood work so it came easy to find the right pieces to make it sturdy. When Linriel retured he was almost done with the sled. "Thank you for your help Linriel and the help of Meldir. As I have said before we are thankful." Lindriel bowed her head slightly, "It is with great pleasure, Mellon."

When Isil had turned her ears toward the unusual sounds Aragil hoped it wouldn't be trouble for without a doubt he would be ready to take action but the experience he had just gone through by almost hurting Linriel and hurting Isil made him think twice. When he saw the three elves, he felt relief. He smiled at them a warm welcome. "Mae govannen, we will be having something to eat soon. Come and sit by the fire. I am Aragil and this is Isil, at the moment she can not move much because of a mischance but I hope she will be better when we get to Lorien. I would give some time as you get to know Isil. To some she will give her trust but for others...it takes time. She likes to be quite independent and has her own mind." Isil closed her eyes, weary and Aragil headed to the fire to tend to some fresh rabbit. He hadn't had such company in the wild and he was happy to have them with him. Aragil's mind went to the small journey ahead of them. Lorien. He wanted to get there fast. Isil needed to get there fast.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I've found. I found it is the small things. Every day deeds by ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay." - Gandalf
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel watched as the travelers gathered together and ate. The fire was cracking lightly, and she could hear their voices ring out like the sound of bells. Bells. A sound long since put to rest in a land of reverie.

Carefully, Eleniel stretched to a further branch so she could now look directly down at the folk. She had been following them through the trees since daybreak, as their voices and laughter had caught her attention, and, doomed by her curious nature, she had followed along in the trees. Now, she was content to watch, not knowing when they would notice her prencnese and yet also surprised that they hadn't. It was said that Mirkwood lves were light on their feet, but...

Finally, when a lull came into the conversation, she said quietly into the night, "Hello, travelers. I wish you no harm."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Everyone was quiet at the sound of the voice in the night. Linriel, however, laughed. "It is about time you are letting yourself be known. You have followed us for a while. I wondered how long you would be up in that tree."

Linriel stood up. "Come, join us. We are a band of travelers on the way to Lorien. Essenya, Linriel. This is Meri, Beri, Adonnenniel, Aragil and the wolf is called Isil. The wolf is injured and Aragil seeks help for her in Lorien. Lorien is my home and Lady Galadriel has sent for me. We leave for Lorien in the morning. Come, partake of the meal and you are more than welcome to join us. Who are you and what brings you to this land?"
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri had fallen asleep in the fork of an oak, but Meri was sitting awake by its roots. She inclined her head to the newcomer.
"Welcome, stranger. My cousin and I were searching for a home when we came to meet our companions. Now our wish is fulfilled and their quests are ours. Do you have a quest of your own?"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"It is about time you are letting yourself be known. You have followed us for a while. I wondered how long you would be up in that tree." One of the travelers laughed, and her voice was musical, remnicent of the Galadhrim. It was no surprise to Eleniel when she added, "Come, join us. We are a band of travelers on the way to Lorien. Essenya, Linriel. This is Meri, Beri, Adonnenniel, Aragil and the wolf is called Isil. The wolf is injured and Aragil seeks help for her in Lorien. Lorien is my home and Lady Galadriel has sent for me. We leave for Lorien in the morning. Come, partake of the meal and you are more than welcome to join us. Who are you and what brings you to this land?"

Eleniel slid slowly from her sturdy branch and touched her feet to the hard packed soil. "Mae govannen, Linriel. A star shines on the hour of our meeting. I could tell by the musicality of your voice that you are one of my kin from Lorien. My name is Eleniel, and I hail from King Thranduil's Mirkwood realm. Greetings to the rest." Eleniel set down her bow and stretdhed out the knot in her shoulder muscle.

The one called Meri said, "Welcome, stranger. My cousin and I were searching for a home when we came to meet our companions. Now our wish is fulfilled and their quests are ours. Do you have a quest of your own?"

"No, no quest for I, except to journey out earth and see what lands I may, for my own have become too painful for me to bear," Eleniel answered, sitting by the fire to warm her hands. "The weight of my dead in my homeland astounds me, and I find the only way to depart from such memory is to avoid such places all in all. But enough of my paths, what of yours?"
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled. "Greetings, Eleniel, it has been many years since I have been to Mirkwood. Perhaps we can stop there as we go on our journey throughout Middle-earth. We were on a mission with several others who have now set off on their own paths. Those of us remaining have decided to travel together and go where the stars lead us. As I told you, we travel to Lorien at daybreak. I am not sure where we will go after we leave the Golden Wood. Meri and Beri have some ideas as to where our new path will lead us. Come, have some food."

Linriel went to sit next to Aragil. She could see the worry in his dark grey eyes as he looked at Isil. "She will be fine, Mellon. Her wound has stopped bleeding and she is strong. The healers in Lorien will tend to her. I think the journey to Lorien will heal a lot of hurts for each of us." Aragil turned his eyes to Linriel. "Thank you, Mellon. I find comfort in your words. It is good that we will travel together." he replied. Linriel smiled. "Yes, I look forward to going on this journey with you."

Adonnenniel sat quietly near Isil There was nothing anyone could say to comfort her.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Those of us remaining have decided to travel together and go where the stars lead us. As I told you, we travel to Lorien at daybreak. I am not sure where we will go after we leave the Golden Wood." Linriel continued to smile. It faltered not as she added, "Come, have some food," before streaking off to the wolf.

Eleniel reached for what was simmering over the fire tentatively, although she recognised the smell to be rabbit. She ate lightly, not wanting to eat all of her new compainions food. "It has been many a year since I have come to the land of Lorien," she said around a mouthful. "Tell me, my fair Linriel, how you came to know the realm of Lorien, as well as my homeland? Or have the years gone so fast that the occasion now seems voided in light?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled at the newcomer. "My mother was a good friend to the Lady Galadriel and as I grew up, she often took me to Lorien to visit. When I did not wish to go to the West with my parents, Lorien became my home and there I dwelt for some 450 years. I left Lorien in search of my betrothed after he was kidnapped and I roamed Middle-earth for maybe 50 years. I passed through Mirkwood during that time. I should like to return there and speak to King Thranduil once again. I was in Lorien very briefly not long ago but left with a group of companions to help one who was on a quest of her own. That being done, we have since all separated. Those who here remain, plan on travelling Middle-earth and visit the many places we have longed to see. I met Aragil and Isil here in Fangorn not long ago. We both must return to Lorien as soon as we can.

The beautiful wolf heard her name and gave a small yip. Linriel rushed to her and put her hands in the long soft fur. "Ah, you heard your name, dear wolf." said Linriel. "Our journey will take you back to Lorien. You must rest now. Shhhh, a lore vande." Linriel saw concern once again in Aragil's eyes and she put her hand on his shoulder. "She will be fine. Antan vandanya." I give my solemn promise

Linriel looked at Elenriel. "You are more than welcome to travel with us. Perhaps there is a place in Middle-earth you wish to see."

Aragil added more wood to the fire and the small band of travelers watched as the flames crackled under the darkening sky.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel sat quietly. She ate what was given her and watched the others. She listened to their conversations but had no desire to enter in. Her mind wandered, though she tried not to dwell on her loss. After a while she lay down where she was, but she was not sleeping. She continued to watch the others for some time.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri's two mice, Midnight and Sunlight, were exploring the highest branches of the tree in which she slept. Meri looked up to see their black fur a fuzzy grey against a dark sky illuminated with stars and wisps of silvery cloud. She saw a twig break under Sunlight, but as she tensed and prepared to dive for the falling mouse, Beri twitched and stretched out an arm, catching Sunlight on her forearm. Still sleeping, the elf drew in her arm and cradled the mouse in her hands. Meri smiled at whispered her thanks to Yavanna.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
One by one, the weary travelers began to fall asleep. The night was warm and a fire was not really needed but the crackling logs brought some measure of comfort. As Aragil added a few more logs to the flames, Linriel looked up at the sky and a smile crossed her face. Through a gap in the trees, she saw stars high above. Not just a few, but many. They twinkled like tiny lanterns in the sky.

Linriel always loved looking at the stars. She knew many of their names. Menelmacar was the swordsman who had a belt of glittering stars. Carnil was a bright red star that sometimes traveled with Tilion. She could not see her favourite, Wilwarin, which looked like a sort of butterfly.

She stood up and thought to go deeper into the forest. Treading quietly, she began to make her way through the trees. She hoped to see Tilion this night but as she carefully walked deeper into the woods, she heard a branch break. Without hesitation she drew her dagger, spun around, and came face to face with Aragil!

"Mana caral sinome?" she whispered loudly. Aragil held up his hands. "Ani apsene, I did not mean to frighten you. I saw you looking at the sky and thought you might be going into the woods to find a better place to see the stars. The trees are dense but there is a small clearing ahead. Come." He led the way past gnarled trees that likely were thousands of years old.

Linriel noticed a soft glow on the forest floor and knew they were approaching the clearing. Aragil stopped and looked up and Linriel did the same. What she saw gave her cause to cry out with joy. There, like a golden orb, high in the sky, was Tilion, surrounded by hundreds, nay thousands, of twinkling stars in all their heavenly glory on their nightly journey across the sky.

"Never before have I seen the stars shining so brightly!" Linriel exclaimed, her voice full of emotion. "I have always loved the night sky and wonder how it must have been for the Firstborn to awaken and see them for the first time."

Aragil smiled in the darkness. "The stars are truly a wonder to behold. I never tire of looking at them. Many nights I have spent, laying in the grass, looking towards the Heavens, watching them." Linriel nodded and said, " I love to see Earendil as he sails the sky with the Silmaril upon his brow. He is glorious in the morning sky as day breaks." "Yes, he truly is a wonder as he goes beyond the confines of the world." answered Aragil.

The two Elves gathered some pine needles and made a soft pallet under the glistening sky. There they sat. quietly, long into the night, watching the tiny sparkling lights high above. Tilion cast a warm glow on Linriel and Aragil making their hair shimmer under the cloudless dome. One Elf with hair the colour of the night sky and the other, with hair the colour of moonlight itself.
Erwedraith
Council Member
Send Message
The darkness of the night depended and the few clouds that were still in the sky were swept as a westward gust passed by. The newly met companions where about the campfire; each with his own thoughts and ideas. All seemed at peace as the wind blew among the trees and the forest brush. Indeed all was at peace but Isil and Aragil knew there was another presence besides the ones who were around the small campfire. Nothing could deceive Isil's sent and she knew another elf was close by. Although Aragil did not have his sent as developed as Isil's, he was always aware of his surroundings. This elf had skills in the woods. She was as silent as could be and her presence didn't scare the animals about away. It was Isil's ear that let Aragil know that there was someone about and that was finally how his eyes saw a shape in the branches high above. Aragil made sure there was no one else about with his elvish eyesight and let the curious elf be.

After some time the elf spoke and Linriel and Meri gave her welcome. Aragil thought it interesting for this elf to have crossed paths with the new company. He wondered about her past and if the reasons she stated where to only ones why she left Mirkwood. She had a good heart and intentions but thoughts like these were upon him as she had joined the company.

Each one closed their eyes as sleep came over them. Aragil, could not close his deep gray eyes. His thoughts were on Isil and her health. Linriel had encouraged him with her words when she sat by and he saw how she cared for Isil by giving her comforting words as well. This Elf who was known by the White Lady would be important, Aragil knew this.

As the night went by the fire needed some tending to offer enough warmth to those around it. Aragil stood and added some logs and made sure the fire didn't get to hot and so make his new companions uncomfortable. When he returned to where he was sitting he noticed that Linriel had left the camp. Quickly, he went through the different reasons why she might have left. He had noticed that she would raise her head to the heavenly hosts but he knew that their exactly location wouldn't offer a good view and that she might want a better view. Tracing her faint tracks, he followed her until he finally made out her silhouette among the trees. As he approached her with a steady pace he looked up to see if he could see the sky and at that moment he stepped into a dry branch causing Linriel to draw her dagger and face him fearless. As she spun she loudly whispered "Mana caral sinome?" Aragil held up his hands. "Ani apsene, I did not mean to frighten you. I saw you looking at the sky and thought you might be going into the woods to find a better place to see the stars. The trees are dense but there is a small clearing ahead. Come." Without any more words, he turned a few degrees and started walking.

The dense smell of Fangorn started to become sweet and fresh. Here other plants received the elements given and the area looked full of growth. When Aragil stepped in he looked up and so did Linriel when she entered into the clearing. The sky was clear with the sky black but illuminated by the stars that covered the face of Middle Earth.

"At CuiviƩnen indeed our love for Varda began and when she put each of these up in the heavens the first of our race was born."

When they had made the pallet they sat and Aragil took out his pipe which he got from some Hobbits in the Shire. They had taught him how to make pipes and how to carve what you wished into the different parts of the pipe. Aragil's pipe had the shape of Isil carved on two sides of the bowl of the pipe. He took some of the Old Toby he had in a pouch and lit the Old Toby. Aragil asked, "Linriel, this is Old Toby from Longbottom itself. Some good short friends managed to pack some pounds for me, which have kept the pipe-weed fresh. If you want some feel free to enjoy an old smoke." The air filled Linriel's nose and brought her memories of long ago, such merry times in time long past. "I haven't smoked the Halflings' leaf for many a year. If you do not mind that I smoke of your pipe-weed it would be a pleasure to share this moment of peace and company as the stars shine forever over the horizon."

There in the peace of the night and in Fangorn forest the stars shown. The air smelled of Old Toby. At this time Earendil was seen at it's brightest as he sailed Vingilot sailed by Tilion in an endless blue sea.
"Some believe that it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I've found. I found it is the small things. Every day deeds by ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay." - Gandalf
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"You are more than welcome to travel with us. Perhaps there is a place in Middle-earth you wish to see," spoke Linriel as she gave Isil a pat.

Eleniel waited a moment before voicing her thoughts. "I feel that there is nothing more in this world for me to see, and attain pleasure from," she spoke at last. "But perhaps by wandering, I shall find something that will make me happy, something that I did not seek, but still found."

Presently, everyone settled down to sleep. Eleniel climbed up a tree and perched in a branch that layed over the fire. She could not find rest, and was startled when one of Beri's pets suddenly tumbled. eleniel stiffened, ready to react, when Meri suddenly put out her arm and cought the creature.

Eleniel was still awake when Linriel and Aragil went off into the forest at seperate times, but then spoke for some while afterward. Although she could hear their words if she wished to, Eleniel rolled on her belly and listened to the sounds of the surrounding forest. The stars shone brightly, but they were nothing that Eleniel had not seen before. After a great while, she watched the sun come up over the clouds.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel could not believe the beauty of Aragil's pipe. "You have carved this yourself?" she asked as she reached out to hold it. Aragil handed her the pipe, filled with Old Toby and burning smoothly. "I enjoy working with wood and found it a pleasure to make," he told her. Linriel spoke, "I have not enjoyed Old Toby in many a year. I no longer have a pipe of my own. One of our party, Ella, smoked from time to time but I did not join her. Hantanyel, Aragil, for offering to share some of it with me." Linriel inhaled some of the sweet scented leaf and savoured the taste. She smiled, "Yes, nothing like Old Toby from the Shire. Perhaps we can pass that way as we travel this beloved land."

Aragil nodded as he thought how much he enjoyed visiting the Shire and conversing with the Periannath who were always smiling and happy. "Yes, I would like to return there." he replied.

Linriel handed the pipe back to Aragil and she looked once again to the sky. "How lovely the night is. I never tire of the stars and the wonders of the sky."

"Why do you suppose the Lady Galadriel has sent for you, if I may ask?" said Aragil. Linriel shook her head. "I do not know and I keep thinking of so many things, none of which seem important enough for her to send a messenger to come find me. I will know soon enough. I so look forward to returning to my home. Isil will be helped and I will replenish my supply of herbs and healing plants. I also look forward to spending some time climbing the trees."

Aragil smoked a bit more. "I too, should like to climb the tallest Mallorn tree I can find and nestle amongst the branches high above the Golden Wood," Linriel laughed. "The highest tree you say? I shall show you the tallest tree and we will climb it together. There is a tree that compares to no other." Linriel closed her eyes as she remembered many happy memories from her time in Lorien.

"Would the wood from a Mallorn make a good pipe?" she asked Aragil. "If so, perhaps you can fashion a pipe for me. I would be ever grateful to have something of your design." Aragil looked at her, "Yes, I can make a pipe for you. For you, I think stars would be what I would chose for the carvings."

Linriel smiled and the two Elves continued talking and enjoying the night until Arien began to lighten the sky.

[Edited on 03/23/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
(Hello everyone! I know i have not been on here forever! My account just now started working thanks to Rivka. But i think it is time for me to leave CP, or at least for a while. My character will not be returning. Adien will go in search of her. I may start another RP with those too, and you are welcome to join it. but i think it is time for me to leave CP. there is so much to catch up on and everything. i had a wonderful time RPing with you for so long! this was a wonderful experience! Thank you so much everyone! Legolas23)
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
In the morning, Eleniel decended from the tree slowly, so as not to wake her other sleeping companions. Carefully, she walked over to the place where she had set her bag, rummaging through it as silently as possible. It contained meager belongings; a small pouch of flour and a bag of herbs; two squares of cloth and a vial of athelas. Of course it wasn't enough, but Eleniel still felt inclined to share with the new group. Sighing softly, she reached over and swung her quiver over her shoulder, reaching for her bow. Just as her fingers closed around the dark mallorn, a twig snapped. She whipped an arrow to her string, drew it, and whipped around.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri stepped back when Eleniel whipped around, an arrow nocked.
"I did not mean to startle you." she said. "That is a fine bow you have there, and I am sure the arrow is of the finest quality, but I would rather not examine it at such close quarters." The arrow was moved away from her.
"We lived in Mirkwood, for a while." She glanced back at her cousin. "But an incident involving a pig and some guards made it clear that we should leave... not that we were given much of a choice. The pig we left behind at an inn, but I still have two mice that we rescued from a fire. They appear to like you, so I think it is fine to trust you." She smiled playfully.
"The others will be waking soon, and I for one am hungry. Shall I build a fire? Unfortunately, I have never been skilled at lighting them." She began to collect firewood.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Aragil and Linriel enjoyed a night of talking and merriment. It wasn't long before the sky began to lighten and both knew they better get back to camp and make ready for the journey to Lorien.

Linriel spoke, "It has been a long while since I have stayed awake until the light comes up from the East. It was most enjoyable and perhaps we can do this again once we reach Lorien. Seeing Arien rise as we sit atop the tallest Mallorn will be a wonder to behold." Aragil nodded, "Aye, I should like to see this wonder. Earendil must shine all the brighter from atop a Mallorn tree as well." Linriel agreed. "It will be a joy to return to my home and I think the others will enjoy it as well. I will need to replenish my healing pack and also obtain some fresh clothing. We can linger as long as we wish. At least until Isil is completely healed and able to run as the wind." A look of sadness crossed Aragil's face as he thought of the injury to Isil. Linriel said, "I can do nothing do ease the pain you feel in your heart. Even when she is fully recovered you will remember what has happened and the cause. If I could change anything, it would be to have your arrow pierce me and not her." Aragil looked at Linriel, surprised at her words. "If I could change anything, it would be to have never drawn my bow in the first place. I have learned, at least, not to be so hasty."

Aragil bent down to pick up his sword when suddenly the blade glowed the soft blue that signaled the coming of orcs! He grabbed his weapon and called to Linriel, "Urqui tular!" Orcs are coming! Linriel spun around and saw a small band of the gruesome creatures heading straight for them! She moved her hand to her waist and realized her sword was back at the camp. All she had was her dagger which she drew from it's scabbard and made ready to use. The two Elves stood back to back as the orcs approached them from both sides.

Aragil did not wait for the orcs to strike first. He ran straight towards the nearest one shouting, "A netha te!" Kill them! He quickly killed the ugly creature and ran at another. Linriel knew her dagger did not have the reach as her sword and she would have to get closer in order to use it. She waited until an orc was within an arm's length and she plunged her dagger into it's throat. It fell to the ground. She waited as another orc drew near. This time the orc started to swing it's sword and Linriel had to quickly move out of the way. She heard a shout and Aragil was behind the orc swinging his glowing blue blade that sliced the head of the orc clean off. "Hantanyel!" Linriel called as she ran towards another orc and quickly plunged her dagger into it's eye. The orc began to fall and she withdrew her dagger and stabbed the orc in the throat as well.

Only three orcs left to kill! The battle envigorated Linriel for she was a warrior and liked to fight the enemies of the free peoples of Middle-earth. She turned to see Aragil swing his blade high over his head and bring it down with all his might to slice the head off another orc. Two left! Linriel looked around and saw another orc heading right at Aragil! She screamed, "Qualme cotumonyain!" Death to our foes as she ran at the orc and knocked it's legs out from under it. As it fell to the ground, Aragil buried his sword into the stomach of the ugly creature. The last orc decided to run but Linriel would not let it escape her wrath. She ran after it, but as she ran, she did not notice a tree root in her path and she tripped over it, falling to the ground. She cried out and that caused the orc to turn towards her. There was no time for Linriel to get up so she stayed on the ground and waited for the orc to reach her. She held her dagger close as the orc approached when suddenly Aragil ran at the orc and kicked it to the ground. The orc fell next to Linriel and she made ready to stab it but Aragil was too quick. His sword flashed blue one last time as the brave Elf thrust his blade down quickly and the blade no longer glowed.

Linriel looked up at Aragil, glad he was there. He reached his hand to her and pulled her from the ground. Dark grey eyes met bright turquoise eyes and both Elves said nothing for a moment. Then, without a word, the two Elves began to laugh. Their laughter rang out among the trees and into the breaking dawn.

Aragil finally said, "Let us pile the carcasses and burn them so as not to leave these foul things in the forest." They dragged the orcs into the clearing and set them afire. Then they began to gather their things and, looking at the orcs one last time, started on their way back to the camp.

The smell of cooking was in the air as they reached the camp. All looked up as they approached. Aragil was dusty and his sleeve was torn. Linriel had orc blood on her and her tunic was ripped at the bottom.

"What kept you?" asked Meri.

This post was a joint effort by Erwedraith and Lindarielwen.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 03/26/2014 by Lindarielwen]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel slept little that night. She felt on edge, as did the others it seemed. Everyone seemed jumpy. When dawn came she decided to make herself useful and start breakfast. She needed to get to k ow these new companions, but she didn't have the energy to start a conversation. Just after she started cooking she heard Linriel and Aragil's shouts of orcs coming. She paused for a moment, a heavy feeling of "not again..." came over her, and she almost didn't care to move. Then she wrapped a blanket around herself and curled up tight under a bush, hoping to remain unseen.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Aragil laughed at Meri's question. "What kept us?" he smiled.

He looked to Linriel. "What kept us?" he asked her. She shrugged her shoulders. "Could it have been our discussion about your pipe carving?" she replied. "No, it could not have been that." he answered.

Aragil wondered, "Do you think it was the Old Toby that caused us some delay?" Linriel smiled, "Old Toby? How could Old Toby be the reason for any delay?" Aragil replied, "You are right. Old Toby had nothing to do with it."

Aragil asked, "Do you think it could have been our long talk about the Mallorn trees of Lorien?" "No, not that." she said.

With a smile Linriel asked Aragil, "Do you think it was the starry night?" "No," he answered. "not the starry night."

"Do you think it was the rising of Tilion as Earendil sailed by?" asked Aragil. "Oh, no, I do not think that is was kept us." was Linriel's answer.

"Do you think the orc attack was the reason we were delayed?" Linriel asked Aragil. "Orcs? What orcs?" laughed Aragil. "Oh, do you mean those big brutish creatures that came upon us in the forest?"

"Yes, that is what I mean. Those awful creatures that are now in a smoldering pile in the forest." she said to Aragil. "That might have caused some delay." he answered.

Brushing the dust from their clothes, Linriel and Aragil went to the fire, ready to have a hearty breakfast.

Edited by Erwedraith and Lindarielwen

[Edited on 03/27/2014 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel relaxed as Beri said, "I did not mean to startle you.That is a fine bow you have there, and I am sure the arrow is of the finest quality, but I would rather not examine it at such close quarters."

Eleniel aimed the arrow down at the ground. "Apologies," She said as gently as she could manage. She had nearly skeward the girl.

Beri seemed unfazed, and continued, "But an incident involving a pig and some guards made it clear that we should leave... not that we were given much of a choice. The pig we left behind at an inn, but I still have two mice that we rescued from a fire. They appear to like you, so I think it is fine to trust you." She smiled, but Eleniel knew not how to respond. "The others will be waking soon, and I for one am hungry. Shall I build a fire? Unfortunately, I have never been skilled at lighting them."

As Beri began to collect twigs and branches, Eleniel replied, "It is unfortunate that you had to leave out fair realm. I myself would not have left, but it became nessesary to do so. I look forward to perhaps one day walking beneath the branches of it's aged trees. I have no tools to aid us in starting a blaze, perhaps we can scour the ground for a flint. I have some pieces of cloth we can use to feed the flames. Tell me, my dear Beri, do you speak the tongue of Sindarin? One who lived in the Woodland realm for such a time must have."

Eleniel and Beri both managed to light a fire and toss in some leftover rabbit. Seasoning it with some of her herbs improved the taste greatly, and soon the others began to rouse at the scent. Aragil and Linriel appeared, both slightly worse for where, and Meri asked, "What kept you?"

Linriel and Aragil exchanged banter about what had kept them, concluding with their admission of an Orc fight. They came to the fire and sat down to eat. Eleniel slid some rabbit onto a plate and passed it along to Linriel and then Aragil. "Orcs?" She asked, trying not to sound demeaning. "Why did you not call for help? If these monstors found us once, they will surely come again, for reasons I cannot fathom. Has any one of you done something to attract the attention of dark places? I have seen it before- the Orcs come, and then slaughter in the dead of night, as quickly and cleanly as they can. They come down from the North, and none know what forces bring them hither."
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel's mind wandered for some time, shutting out the world around her. She suddenly realized some time had passed and everyone was sitting around the fire. She quietly joined them.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Aragil answered Eleniel. "Call for aid? No need. There were only eight of them." Linriel added, "You would have not reached us in time to be of help. It was a swift encounter."

Linriel went to her pack and brought out some apples. She put them near to the fire but not in it. "The apples will soften and the taste is delicious."

"Eleniel, orcs have plagued everyone who travels Middle-earth. They were not looking for anyone. They were just a band of orcs looking to kill. We have encountered them many times and we will continue to cross paths with them." said Linriel.

Aragil spoke. "One of us will always keep watch while the others sleep. Sleeping in the trees can also be done. When Isil recovers, she will alert us if harm comes our way."

Linriel moved the apples away from the fire. "We have recently lost four warriors from our company, one just a boy. We must all be watchful but I expect no more trouble as we near Lorien."

Aragil took a bite of an apple. "Quite tasty," he remarked.

Post by Erwedraith and Lindarielwen

wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"We were born in Lothlorien," Beriadanwen said. "So we did not live in Mirkwood our whole lives, and we did not mix with the community except for small jobs. I know a little Sindarin, but my knowledge of the language is not extensive. We have travelled far, and picked up parts of many tongues, but none do we know as well as the common tongue."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel tried to calm her racing heart as Linriel explained the details of their plight. "I'll keep watch," she said, going back to her bag to hide her face. Once she had calmed down, she returned and sat beside Beri. "We have travelled far, and picked up parts of many tongues, but none do we know as well as the common tongue," she said.

"I one day wish to hear of your travels," Eleniel said with a slight smile. "Perhaps one day I shall accompany you on one. But first, to Lothlorien."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"I am glad you liked the apple. I dropped one in a fire a while ago and when I removed it, I thought to taste it and found it quite good." Linriel said to Aragil.

She finished eating and went to check her pack. They would be leaving soon and she wanted to make sure her things were well tied. Her hand rested on her sword for a moment and her thoughts turned to how she came to have it. The blade was given to her by Bildarion, her former betrothed. It was left behind when he was kidnapped and she used it all the years she spent in the wild searching for him. It served her well and the glowing blue blade alerted her to many a danger. When he came back into her life after all her years of searching, circumstances caused them to part. He told her to keep the sword since it had protected her for many a year. She loved the beautiful jeweled hilt and ran her hand across the stones. Her bow and arrows were secure and she felt she was ready to leave.

She turned to see Aragil at Isil's side and went to them. "How is she?" Linriel asked the Elf. "I see she is getting better and for that I owe you much gratitude." answered Aragil. Linriel sat on the ground and put her hands in Isil's beautiful white fur. "My thanks will come when Isil and I can play once more." she told him. Aragil remembered how he first thought Linriel meant Isil harm and he drew his bow.....He shook the thought from his mind.

Linriel stood. "I will see what I can do to help the others get ready."
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel packed up her few things fairly quickly and helped clean up breakfast. She felt invisible, but she didn't mind all that much. The newcomers hasn't seemed to notice her at all, but what did she have to offer them now? Lorien seemed so far away and she longed for an end to her journey, to be safe and rest.
<< First2526272829Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email