Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2728293031Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel felt her face flushing a vibrant scarlet as the young captain took a seat beside her. she looked to Meri and Beri for assistance, but the cousins were not anything if not engagaged in their meals. Linriel herself was having a problem as well. Eleniel was upset at Aragil and Adonnenniels departure, but Linriel seemed particularly upset about it. She had been with them all from the start, and Eleniel, being the newcomer, could in no way feel the sorrow that she did.

And now, with Tumion staring, Eleniel had more things to worry about.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It was a beautiful morning. A slight breeze caused the leaves in the Mallorn trees to sing along with the birds. Arien started to climb in the sky and bring forth warmth and comfort to all who were touched by the glorious rays.

Linriel looked at the table, heavily laden with food. Fruits of all kinds were piled high in beautifully carved bowls. The lembas was unlike any Linriel had ever tasted. Eggs! So many different meals could be made with eggs.

But Linriel paid no attention to any of it. She knew she had to eat but her mind was not on the delicious food.

She looked around the table. Meri and Beri, always a delight, were happily eating and she noticed Beri was slipping crumbs into her sleeve. The mice must be there Linriel thought.

She took a quick look at Tumion and Eleniel. A smile crossed her face as she noticed Tumion grinning and Eleniel trying not to get noticed.

Her thoughts turned to Adonnenniel. She hoped the Elf maid would find peace.

But Aragil just left. He took Isil and left. Left without a word. She thought of the first time she saw Isil. The wolf pressed her nose against Linriel's hands and the two became fast friends. Linriel smiled as she remembered playing in the leaves and even licking the nose of the beautiful animal.

He has his own reason for leaving but going without saying goodbye? Perhaps he does not like farewells. Linriel moved her food around on the plate.

In her head, Linriel heard...Child, do not dwell on what is passed. He left because he must. The journey of your life will lead you on many paths. Some will bring you joy and some will not. You have a long life's journey ahead of you, Linriel. Do not dwell on things over which you have no control.

Linriel looked at Galadriel and gave a slight nod. Will the leaving never stop?

[Edited on 05/06/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel finally looked up when Galadriel cleared her throat slightly. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched as Tumion set his tall stemmed glass to the table. Eleniel crossed her legs at the ankle and tried to sit up straighter.

"Mellyn nin," Galadriel spoke. Eleniel heard the Lady speak Sindarin, but could only assume Linriel heard Quenya, as she also tilted her head towards the sound of Galadriel's voice.

"You have ome far," Galadriel continued, lookingat each of them in turn, even Tumion.

"Some of you too far," Eleniel heard in her own mind, and she couldn't help the feeling of inadequecy rush over her.

"But, in your travels, you have seen many things. I, too, have seen many things. Things that you cannot even begin to imagine." Galadriel's delicate white hand came to rest on the red-clothed table, and Eleniel saw her fingers trace it delicately.

"There is evil in the world," Galadriel continued. "Evil in the sky, on the ground, and in the hearts of Elves and Men. vYou will not be able to combat it, and neither shall I."

Eleniel tried not to shiver. King Thranduil had said the same thing, once, something similar to the words that Galadriel spoke.

"Just know, mellyn, that by being a bright spark in the night, you will be able to show the world that there is still hope for all who remain pure of heart."

Eleniel bit her lip and tried to surpress a yell of indignition. Just as she felt she would burst into millions of peices, a warm hand closed over hers.

It was Tumion, and she looked at him with an expression of malice.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Sorry. My bad.

[Edited on 05/07/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Pure of heart. Pure of heart. The innocent ones. The ones who see the World through the lens of purity. What is innocence? Who are the innocent? Who are the pure of heart? Linriel thought as she listened to Galadriel's words.

In her head, Linriel heard the voice of Galadriel. The innocent ones are those who trust and believe even when faced with uncertainty. The ones who will have a life of joy and safety, a pure and simple life.

But, My Lady, it is the innocent ones who get hurt.

Yes, Linriel that is true. The innocent will die sooner. They will withstand more adversity. But, Linriel, they will be happier. Their joy is sweeter. There love is purer. Their smiles more radiant. continued Galadriel.

Linriel wondered But who are the innocent ones, My Lady?

Galadriel smiled. The ones who take great delight in simple things. The ones who always marvel at a sunrise no matter how many times they have seen it. The ones who carefully tread through thousands of fireflies. The ones who trust and believe that there is good in someone even if that person causes them anguish. The ones who simply bestow kind thoughts on all who cross their path.

Linriel put her head down and sighed. When she looked up, she was astonished to see the look on Eleniel's face.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Even though she was trying to listen to Galadriel, Eleniel could not longer hold back the feeling of discontent that she held in. Quietly, she rose up and said to Galadriel, "If I may take my leave for a moment."

Without waiting for an answer, which was what she should have done, Eleniel quickly descended the steps from the flet to the tree it was lodged io in. She didn;t dare look behind her for fear of feirce retribution, so she only continued onward. Just as she stopped to compose herself, Tumion stepped in front of her, emerging like a shadow, as he always did.

"I meant to you no harm," He said, extending his hand.

Without thinking Elenile whipped out her knife. "No," She said. "Im sure you didn't. Please. I do not understand where you know me from or why you seem familiar to me. But please, for the sake of myself, and the sake of the Lady's wrath, please do not sttempt to speak to me again while we are in her presence."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Even though she was trying to listen to Galadriel, Eleniel could not longer hold back the feeling of discontent that she held in. Quietly, she rose up and said to Galadriel, "If I may take my leave for a moment."

Without waiting for an answer, which was what she should have done, Eleniel quickly descended the steps from the flet to the tree it was lodged io in. She didn;t dare look behind her for fear of feirce retribution, so she only continued onward. Just as she stopped to compose herself, Tumion stepped in front of her, emerging like a shadow, as he always did.

Without thinking Elenile whipped out her knife. "No," She said. "Im sure you didn't. Please. I do not understand where you know me from or why you seem familiar to me. But please, for the sake of myself, and the sake of the Lady's wrath, please do not sttempt to speak to me again while we are in her presence."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
A triple! Oh goodness...
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Galadriel looked with understanding eyes as Eleniel left the room. Peace will come to you one day, Eleniel.

The Lady smiled at Meri and Beri. "You may allow your mice to roam free. No harm will come to them here."

Linriel added more eggs to her plate and tried to keep her thoughts serene.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri smiled. It was the unrestrained smile of someone who smiles because they know what joy is, and what innocence is, and because it is right in front of them. Or, in some cases, literally up their sleeves. It was the sort of smile that acts like laughter: when you see it, you smile too, not at the same thing that makes them smile, but at the smile itself.

She lent down to the table and spoke to her sleeve. "You can come out now. Actually, I think they may rather like it there. I just hope they do not decided to exit the other side of the sleeve, it tickles."

The Lady Galadriel smiled back. "They choose there own home. They are free creatures, and go where they will." The cousins felt that she was talking about more than just the mice.

Galadriel continued speaking, "The young mice on the shelves we gave your for the keeping of your belongings have also been looked after; they have received milk and a small amount of hay for comfort."

Beri inclined her head respectfully. "Thank you my lady."

Then it seemed to Beri that Galadriel spoke directly into her mind.
Take care of them, young elf maiden. You will face many more challenges throughout your life, but if you keep your love for the little things, you will always have the strength to hold your head high. You will always have a reason to keep going, no matter what the cost to yourself. And you will find that that cost pales in comparison with the rewards.
I know that you are a wanderer. You have always taken pleasure in exploring, in running through the woods until you are too tired to take another step. But remember that you will always have a home here. If you ever need our help, you have but to call on us and we will come to your aid, if word reaches us.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Things at the meal become calm once more. Eleniel tried to relax and delighted in Beri's joy of letting her mice roam out of her sleeve. In spite of Tumion's somewhat menacing presence, Eleniel tried to focus on her friends and the words of Galadriel.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"Merilwen, Beriadanwen," Galadriel began, "I have heard that you are in need of better weapons. We will happily lend you our expertise in weapon-making, and perhaps find some time to give you lessons in their use."

The cousins smiled gratefully and thanked her. It seemed that they would need to spend some more time in Lorien, and they were glad of this. They desired to see places that they had only heard stories of, but they were not yet ready to move on.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
((Hello I would love to join this Rp, I Rp as Legolas, if thats ok??))
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Check out our OOC Thread,johnson4466, we can talk there!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel quickly finished the food on her plate. There was something she must do. She looked to Galadriel. Go, child. You must see for yourself. Linriel stood and nodded to the others. With a tilt of her head to Galadriel, Linriel quickly made her way down the path.

Linriel rushed to the healing flet. She entered and saw...nothing. The flet was empty but for one Elf who looked up as Linriel entered. "You seek the wolf, Isil." the Elf said matter-of-factly. "Yes," Linriel answered. "It was said that Aragil and the wolf have gone without word. I have come to see for myself." Linriel looked around the flet and saw where Isil lay as the mighty animal recovered from her injury. She saw the small pallet used by Aragil as he sat at the wolf's side as she grew stronger. "Can you tell me anything?" Linriel implored the healing Elf. "There is naught I can tell you. He came for the wolf and she was quite healed and able to walk and run." was the reply. "Run?" Linriel repeated. She remembered playing with Isil and rolling on the forest floor with the beautiful wolf. "I am sorry. I can tell you nothing else." repeated the Elf. Linriel thanked the Elf and decided to go to Aragil's flet. She smiled as she recalled how he called it a *talan*.

She reached Aragil's flet, pulled back the curtain, and stepped in. All was still and quiet. Bedding was removed and the sleep pallet was against the wall. Linriel just stood silently, almost willing Aragil to be there. She looked about with sadness. How could he leave without notice? Perhaps he will join us as we continue our journey. He must have had good reason to go. Linriel looked around the flet one more time and was about to leave when she noticed a glint of something shiny on the floor. She bent down and saw a tiny speck of copper and picked it up. A star! A perfect copper star! It is the same sort of star Aragil used on the pipe he made for me. She held it in her hand as she brought to mind the night he gave her the pipe, then tucked the sparkly star in her pack.

She left the now empty flet, pausing to take a moment to think of Aragil along with Isil and hoped they were safe and well.

The sun was climbing higher in the sky and Linriel decided to go deeper into the woods. She started to run. Her feet barely touched the ground as she raced her way down the path, winding among the trees. She ran faster, not knowing or caring where she was going. Linriel paid no attention to the beauty around her. She did not hear the birds chirping as she ran nor did she see the leaves dancing in the gentle breeze that stirred the air. She did not notice the tears falling from her eyes.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
After their meal with Galadriel, Eleniel found herself sitting back high in the trees. In the distance, she could see people milling around, crossing the great river and stepping into it's cool waters. Although she could not ignore the profound beauty of the place, she found herself slightly aching for Mirkwoods deep amber colored halls.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel ran until she could run no more. She sank, exhausted, to the ground and settled upon a tree root. She rested there for hours, it seemed.

Linriel looked at her pack and wondered if she should open the package within. No! I will not open it now! I just want to clear my mind of everything, if only for a little while.

She leaned back against the tree and closed her eyes.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas had been wandering through the forest, enjoying the view when he happened upon a young girl laying against the tree,

"Excuse me,young one, but whatever are you doing out here alone?" he asked kneeling down beside you.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel heard a voice in her ear that she thought was familiar. She slowly opened her eyes and was met with a face she recognized.

She sat up. This cannot be! "Legolas? Legolas is it really you?" she asked.

johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas smiled, "Yes, Linriel, it is me. Whatever are you doing out here?" he asked again, growing worried.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Merilwen's arm ached. She had spent hours finding a good piece of wood and trimming it as she was instructed. She wanted to make sure she got it exactly right. She wanted a bow to be proud of, a bow that was as much companion as weapon.

Beriadanwen had been shown a range of weapons, and had not found any that suited her. Either they were too heavy or too long or they did not fit comfortably in her hand. She wanted something long range but she had never much liked bows, and she could not throw spears very accurately. She decided to stop looking and wander in the woods instead.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel blinked her turquoise eyes several times as if not believing who was before her.

She answered, "Legolas! How good it is to see you! I was summoned here by Lady Galadriel to be told of my mother's death. She left me a package that I have yet to open." Linriel looked around. "I have been climbing trees and simply enjoying this place of such beauty. I am with several companions and we plan on going north when we leave here."

She patted the tree root, "Sit, come sit. What are you doing here?"
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas smiled, knowing no harm came to her, "Same as you, enjoying the view, you said you had something with you? What is it?" Legolas asked curiously.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel, after a time, came back and walked through the trees, in search for Linriel and in search for answers. Instead, she found Linriel sitting beneath a tall mallorn tree, and with her, Legolas.

Legolas.

Eleniel stepped back into the shadows at the sight of her childhood playmate and the son of her King. If Legolas saw her, would he make her return to Mirkwood? Was that his purpose for journeying here? Surely it was no accident that the son of King Thranduil would be journeying this far from the Woodland Realm.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel sighed. "My mother left a package for me when my parents sailed to the West. It was entrusted to Galadriel to give the package to me when she deemed fit." Linriel shrugged. "She deemed it fit."

She turned to Legolas. "Enjoying the view, you say? You came all the way to Lorien to enjoy the view?" Linriel questioned. She looked steadily at the Prince of Mirkwood.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel steeled her nerves and went forward. "Aiya, Linriel," She greeted her friend. "I hope that the council of the Lady has brought you some comfort."

She looked at Legolas. "Sulaid, mellon. It has been a long time."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"No, I actually came looking for someone on my fathers orders. I came looking for Eleniel, do you know where she is?" Legolas asked calmly. The wind was quiet today in the forest and it blew through his hair with a light touch.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel stood up as Eleniel approached. "Vande Omentaina. I thank you for wishing me comfort. Indeed, Galdriel has once again supported me through a difficult time."

Linriel turned to look at Legolas. "It seems to me that you do not have very far to look if it is Eleniel you are seeking." She smiled and tilted her head towards Eleniel. "You have arrived just in time. Legolas has asked about you."

The Elf maid smiled at the two and started to make her way down the path, away from them.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 05/29/2014 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel looked at Legolas, the way his blonde hair wafted in the wind. The Sindar Elf almost fit here in Lorien; Eleniel was plenty aware of her Silvan appearance. "What is it that you cam ehre for, mellon?" she asked.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas smiled, "Hello Eleniel, it has been a while, hasn't it?" Legolas stood up and adressed Eleniel formaly, "Eleniel,my father wishes to speak with you, as soon as you are convieniant."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"My father wishes to speak with you, as soon as you are convieniant."

The words shocked Eleniel. It had been years, years since she had left Mirkwood by leave of the King. She didn;t know if she would be able to bring herself to go back there, back to the spiderweb of memories and death.

"Is there something wrong, Legolas?" She asked. "For I am traveling here with friends now, here in the realm of the White Lady. I know not where we will travel from here, but, upon my leave from Mirkwood I made it clear that I would not be returning for a time. I will not leave my companions unless the need is dire."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I'm afraid it is dire, Eleniel, something is approaching the kingdom. We need you, you've helped us once, please." Legolas said, placing a hand on his friends shoulder.

[Edited on 06/01/2014 by johnson4466]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel thought for a moment, and weighed the rules of her King against the calling of her heart. "I will need to speak to Galadriel of this," She said. "I cherish my home, but I must listen first to my friends. I will not desert them in these tidings."

Eleniel turned and slowly walked away, waiting for someone to tell her that it would be fine to veer away from Mirkwood.
<< First2728293031Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email