Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2930313233Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked with sadness at the young man struggling on the ground with Tumion. Against the Elf, the boy had no chance but suddenly, a knife appeared in the boy's hand. "Tumion!" Linriel cried. With just a move of his hand, Tumion was able to deflect the blade but the boy moved to plunge the knife into his own throat.

Without hesitating, Linriel reached out to stop the delirious young man from killing himself. She held his wrist while Tumion pulled the knife from his hand and tossed it to Eleniel.

The boy looked about wildly while Tumion tried to hold him still. In a soft voice, Linriel talked to the boy. "Do not be afraid. No harm will come to you here. We are trying to help you You have a head injury and it must be cleansed and bound." The Elf maiden put her hand on the boy's brow and spoke some healing words in Elvish. The boy looked at Linriel and his eyes cleared for just a moment but then his head fell back and his body sagged. "He has lost consciousness. We can tend to his wounds." said Linriel.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel caught the knife with ease, blade first, just as she was taught. Rather than keep it on herself, she plunged the blade into the earth and kept a watchful eye on it.

"Legolas," She said, turning to her friend. "Some more water for the boys wounds. And clean cloth, should we have any more to be spared. We must move quickly, lest we lose more time. The way that you spoke showed me that Thranduil's need grows greater each time the sun and moon cross. Though I feel pity for this boy, we can risk no furthger delay." She turned to Linriel, absorbed in her healing work of the boy. Tumion looked on with interest. "Linriel, if we must, we must carry the boy while he is out of our reach. We cannot stay and treat him."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn woke, the fever had left him weak and tired but he could move easily. Four dusty travelers stood a distance away discussing something in low tones. He managed to sit up and crawl quietly away. He found his dagger buried in the ground. While striving to pull it out he heard a voice behind him...
"What are you doing?"
Harn jumped and turned. A tall, fair lady stood behind him. Her eyes showed wisdom so that Harn knew she was older than she looked. He backed away glancing nervously. Just then, a breeze blew the lady's hair away from her head.
"Your an Elf," he gasped.
A look of grief, pain, but mostly hatred crossed his face before he quickly masked it.
"We all are," another said walking up behind the lady. "Who are you?"
"Harn," he stammered, "are you going to kill me like you did the others?" Harn asked afraid of the answer.
But he knew the answer. These Elves were all the same. All murderers. They would kill him.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was shocked at Harn's words but she saw the hatred in his eyes so she approached him slowly. She noticed the knife in his hand and hoped he would not threaten her.

She spoke quietly. "Essenya, Linriel. My name is Linriel. We have just saved your life. Why would you think we would hurt you? Kill you like the others? What others are you talking about? Who are you talking about? From where have you come? We have recently left Lorien and now are on the way to Mirkwood. We encountered no one on the road save for you."

Tumion, who was standing behind Linriel, spoke. "My name is Tumion and the others are Eleniel and Legolas. As Linriel told you, we will not harm you but we will defend ourselves if we must." Tumion glanced at the knife Harn was holding.

Linriel spoke again to Harn. "Are you hungry? There is a bit of cold fish and an apple I can offer you. We do not carry much to eat." She handed Harn her packet of food. "And do not worry, I will not try to poison you." she added with a smile.

But she turned thoughtful. What has happened to this boy that has caused has such hatred in his eyes? Why does he think we wish to harm him?

Linriel looked at the others and knew they wanted to leave for Mirkwood. She could not leave Harn alone and wounded. Now what?

[Edited on 06/16/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn chided himself, he had mentioned his village, he had let his emotions out.
"I have no home," he answered shortly ignoring the other question.
He took the food from the lady, he hadn't had a morsal in four days. Crawling away he devoured the fish but still he kept a watchful eye one the four. Seeing these Elves reminded him of something he would have rather forgotten. When Elves had come to his village. The men were in the fields, when they came back all the women and children were being held at swordpoint. By Elves. They wanted food. So under the conditions that the village would supply food to the Elves under the penalty of death. That was nine years ago, one year later after the village had run two days late on a food shipment the Elves returned. This time slaining and burning all in their path. Harn shuddered he didn't want to remember anymore.
"We can't stay much longer," one of the Elves said.
Harn sighed, he was a burden. One of his father's quotes came back to him [i] never forsake those who save you [i/]. He could ride, yes he would offer his sword to these kindly Elves. It seemed the only way. Rising, he picked up his knife and walked over to the lady.
"I offer my sword though I don't have it," Harn said bowing, "I can ride."

[Edited on 06/15/2014 by Cenor]
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
((I'm very sorry I've been away, I've been busy, I will catch up!))
The elves began it, waking up the trees, teaching them to speak...
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"My young friend, we are on our way to Mirkwood, my home. My father, King Thranduil will help any in need, do not be afriad." Legolas said with a gentle smile.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel studied Harn's face and hoped his words were sincere. They could use another blade.

She was grateful for the words Legolas said to Harn and she turned to the others. "Are we all in agreement? Harn shall join us on this journey?"

wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The cousins had not been running long, but even so they stopped at a stream to drink. They did not know when they might next find clean running water, and they had nothing for carrying it. They rested for a couple of minutes, then resumed their tireless run, swerving around trees and leaping over rocks and small bushes.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel looked to Legolas, unsure about his statement. In this wartime state, Thranduil would surely not hesitate to ban Harn from Mirkwood. Eleniel wasn't even sure if Linriel or even Tumion would be able to enter. But she decided to fight that battle a different time.

"Welcome to the company, Harn," Eleniel said at last. She handed him back his knife and hoped she would not regret bringing the newcomer into the group.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"I have no needs. Nor do I need your king's help," Har replied shortly.

He then took his knife back and bowed stifly. His father had taught him to be cold and proud when dealing with Elves.
His headache and slight dizziness had returned. After retrieving his sword and slumping against a tree, he whistled softly for Ithil. The white horse trotted over from where the other horses were hobbled and buried her nose in his shoulder.

"What have I done Ithil," he whispered, "Mirkwood, do you think those Elves will be there? Will they recognize me? Will they kill..."

Harn stopped, he didn't want to finish.

"It must be good to visit with horses, he murmmered.

His thoughts turned to the first Elves he had met after the raid. They had found him starving and took him under their care. They had parted three years ago, that was when he got Ithil. She was a gift from the cousins. He had come to believe that they were the only kind Elves. Maybe he was wrong. Or not, the one they called Eleniel seemed different.

"It is time to leave," Linriel called to him.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"Have you some dealings with my father? He is a gentle and kind king, truely you will talk with him?" Legolas asked, mouting his horse, once he was packed.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel couldn;t help staring at Harn harshly. True, she had done her best to tuck everything she had associated with Mirkwood away, but Harn's remark struck her. She knew it had hurt Legolas as well, as he said,"Have you some dealings with my father? He is a gentle and kind king, truely you will talk with him?" Beneath his calm banter, Eleniel could see his agitation.

"Legolas speaks for true," She said simply as she spurred her mount away. "Should he accept you, you will find no better hospitality."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"You might say that he has had dealt with my village," Harn laughed bitterly.

"Legolas speaks for true," Eleniel said simply as she spurred her mount away. "Should he accept you, you will find no better hospitality."

"I'm afraid the only thing Thranduil will accept from me is my death," Harn replied solemnly. "I'm sorry if I have offended you," he said quickly, "I know a different Elf than you do."

Harn spurred Ithil ahead. Why had he joined their company knowing that they were going to Mirkwood, and King Thranduil, the same king whose Elves had destroyed his village. In whose name the Elves had demanded food. Harn shook himself, he had to quit thinking about the past. He spurred Ithil up to Linriel and summoned up a courage to ask her the question.
"My lady," he asked nervously, "Do you know anything about the, well the rebellion of the five villages?"

[Edited on 06/17/2014 by Cenor]
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The cousins were making good progress. The sun was a couple of hours from its highest point, and they had stopped only once more, to drink at another stream. If they continued at the same pace, they would reach the others' campsite in half an hour's time, and catch up within another hour.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"What do you remember of my father, for I know of an elf who is loving and cares for his kingdom." Legolas said, he was growing impatient with this young child.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn bit his lip why must this Elf ask so much?

"I've never met him, Harn sighed, "only his murderous warriors who kill in his name."

He could feel anger rising in his heart. Control yourself, he thought.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 06/18/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel thought about the question Harn asked her. Rebellion of the five villages? She tuned to Harn. "I am sorry, Harn. I have no knowledge of this rebellion of which you speak. I have been far from here for many years and have only recently returned. You speak of Elves, of Elves who pillage and kill."

She shook her head. "No, how can that be? I have not heard of Elves who behave in such a manner but I see you are greatly troubled. Will you ride next to me? Tell me what happened."
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas was only focused on what Harn had said, [/i]I've never met him, only his murderous warriors who kill in his name [i].

"How dare you speak of my people that way, they never murder out of turn!" Legolas said, his voice now filled with anger.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Then why," Harn cried anger and pain filled his voice, "did your people attack my village, kill my people, and then burn it to the ground? All because we were two days late delivering a food shipment. Why would they brand the survivers with a mark so that any Elf that saw it would kill the bearer on sight!" he said pulling a cloth that bound his right hand away revealing a rough brand fashioned like Thranduil's signet and a sword under it.

Harn shook partly from anger partly from fear. He had lost control, he had shown his emotions.

"I guess you will change your mind about killing me?" he asked throwing down the rag and grabbed the hilt of his sword.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I will defend my people by any means necessary for I do not believe what you say, my people and my father would never hurt innocent people..."Legolas said dismouting and drawing his sword, by what it looks like, this would be hand to hand comabt.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
One moment, Linriel was talking to Harn, the next moment, swords were being drawn. She jumped from Meldir quickly and ran to Legolas.

"Stop this! You must stop this now! There is obviously something very wrong going on. I have never heard of Elves behaving in such a way but something has happened to Harn. Look at his hand! At first glance it does look like Thranduil's signet but look closely, it is only a poor copy. There is something evil afoot, Legolas. Fighting amongst each other will not solve anything. Let us continue on our way to Mirkwood and let Harn tell us what happened."

Linriel looked at Legolas with pleading eyes. "Fighting will not solve anything." she repeated.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn sheathed his sword when Lirniel stepped between them. He did not want to attack, only defend himself. When the prince settled down and mounted his horse Lirniel called to Harn.

“Come Harn tell us your story,” she called softly.

Nervously Harn began, “10 years ago I lived in fourth point of the Five Villages. My father governed our village well, we lived in peace and plenty. Then, when the men where in the fields, Elves came down and took our women. When the men came back the Elves where holding the women and children at sword point. They said that King Thranduil of Mirkwood sent them. They made us swear to give them food, if we ever failed they would kill man, woman, and child. We lived under their oppression for two years. One the second, a disease hit our village, many of the men were unable to work. We ran two days late on a food shipment. We were about to send the wagons when they came. All I remember is there fierce, burning eyes and pointed ears. My mother pushed me out sending me to my grandparents. But their village was a smoking rubble. The smell of death and burning flesh crazed me I ran back. I found my village burning the flames licked higher and higher. I found my mother outside the house with this in her heart,” he said pulling a broken arrow out of his pack. “I never found my father. But I had come back too soon. The Elves were still there. They caught me and branded me saying that any Elf that saw the brand would slay me. I ran as fast as I could. It was three days later that two Elves found me starving. Instead of killing me they took me in. I wandered with them for five years. When we parted, they gave me Ithil. I’ve been wandering these parts for three years.”

Harn finished, he had subconsciously traced the deep scars running across his hand. The anger and hatred had left him only grief remained.

“Do you believe me,” he asked still doubting because of the prince's angry face.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 06/18/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"I believe your words, Harn," said Linriel, "why would you lie? I grieve for the loss of your family. It is no wonder you have such animosity towards Elves."

She looked to Eleniel and Tumion. "I have not heard of any rogue bands of Elves in these lands, have either of you?"

Linriel turned to Legolas but said nothing.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I do not. The people you met may have been traitors of the crown, for I know all my warriors are loyal to the king..." Legolas said, he was still angry with Harn but he knew as a Prince he could not kill the innocent.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel allowed her mind to process what Linriel had said. "No. I have not heard of rogue bands either. Unless there are some traitors dwelling among those who are loyal." She looked at Legolas. "Perhaps that is what Thranduil summons me for. He knows I know the lands as well as any ranger."

Something terrible struck her at that moment, and she went cold. "Legolas, Linriel," she said, nervous. "Do you...do you think that Thranduil beleives that I am ruling these rogue bands?"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"My lady I have seen the one they called leader. There can be no comparison between you and him. He is tall and his hair is the color of the sun but there is evil in his heart," Harn stammered trying to break the awful silence.
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
"I cannot tell, Eleniel, we will have to find out when we arrive in Mirkwood...." Legolas said, ignoring Harns words.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel began to speak but stopped as she heard Harn describe the leader of the rouge Elves. tall and with hair the colour of the sun She laughed at herself. That description applies to so many. Still, she felt uneasy.

She led Meldir to the path. "Let us not tarry any longer. Harn, I think you have some valuable information concerning the rogues that would be of great interest to King Thranduil."

Linriel called to Legolas, "Lead the way, Legolas. Your father awaits!"

[Edited on 06/19/2014 by Lindarielwen]
johnson4466
Council Member
Send Message
Legolas nodded, "It is not far now and Harn, please speak with my father before passing judgement." Legolas said riding ahead of everyone, it was a beautiful morning and a great day for a ride.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri saw the clearing first. There were many crossed-over tracks and marks for the sleeping places and a fire. It must have been their camp for the night. There were also crumbs of food, and this made her smile. Beri joined her and together they tried to discern whether or not the others had continued along the same road as before. It was difficult to tell, as a new set of tracks came in from a different way. Yet another addition to the group. They came to a small hill and, right on the edge of sight, there was a vast forest. The tracks led off in that direction. There was now no mistaking the destination.

Mirkwood, Meri thought. Why there? Why do they go to that forest of all places? Well, that question could wait until they caught up. But she was not anxious to see her temporary home again. All it held for her was a kind of sad emptiness. It was there that she had realised she could never truly belong in any one place.

Beri was also reluctant to revisit Mirkwood, but she did not want to lose Linriel like they had lost everyone else from the journey. And perhaps Linriel's companies could also become their friends. They set off again. They would reach Mirkwood in a few hours if they ran swiftly, and then they could find out where the others were, and their reasons for departing.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The path was old, worn down with age, and a few of the stones that jutted out from the midnight colored dirt were polished smooth with wear. It was a well travelled path. Eleniel had journeyed over it many times before herself. Only this time, the returning would be painful. People who had journeyed with her to Mirkwood before no longer walked along the paths of the Earth.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel was taking delight in the smells and sounds of the forest. Damp and musty smells. Muffled and whispered sounds. She heard the scampering of mice in the dry leaves and her thoughts changed.

Merilwen. Beriadanwen. Where have you wandered off to? I hope you are safe. Linriel smiled as she thought of the two cousins. She wondered if she would ever see them again.

Meldir tossed his head. The five companions rode quietly on the ancient path.
<< First2930313233Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email